209 North Washington Street
Havre De Grace, MD 21078Neighborhood:
Havre De Grace
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurrapin.com/
- Phone: (410) 939-4956
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 11am to 10pm
Friday - Saturday 11am to 12am
Sunday - 12pm to 5 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Clarke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: No party is too big...No party is too small. The Laurrapin’s trained professional staff will handle all the details to make your event one you and your guests will truly enjoy. Let us meet with you to design a menu that will satisfy your palate and your budget. We are able to execute simple buffets and hors d"oeuvre receptions to custom multi-course plated dinners, backyard barbeques and theme parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The Laurrapin Grille has space available in the restaurant to accommodate private parties up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sherifa Clarke 4109394956
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Laurrapin Grille
Executive Chef and Owner Bruce Clarke presents New American/Northern California cuisine with a local Chesapeake flair. The menu reflects seasonally available ingredients, focusing on clean, simple flavors. The Laurrapin serves only the freshest organic products whenever possible as well as sustainable meat and seafood. We constantly seek out locally sourced ingredients, work with organic growers, and support sustainable processes and techniques. At the Laurrapin, it"s about finding the best ingredients from Harford and Cecil Counties and beyond. We're strong believers in knowing exactly where our food comes from, so that when you enter the Laurrapin, you'll know it too.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Laurrapin Grille - Best Restaurants in Havre De Grace ›
Laurrapin Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (47)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (19)hot spot (19)special occasion (18)romantic (17)good for groups (16)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I took my friend there for her birthday the service was top notch and the food was excellent. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic and tasty menu!CharDined on 11/15/2014Too often do the gems go unnoticed! The food here was first, visually appealing, and second, delicious. This restaurant offers a teensy twist on every day faves, ensuring that everyone finds something they want and no one is bored by mediocrity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014My son, Marc DiPasquale, plays music at the Laurrapin and we enjoy bring out friends and family when he plays. We usually have about 10 to 20 people with us. Great food and a fun place to spend the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found the secret roomOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2014I almost didn't return to this restaurant. I'm in town monthly on business. I enjoyed the food but the noise is SO LOUD! Feels like a frat house out front. Found a smaller back room that I probably will regret telling you about! It was freezing back there (left my coat on) but worth it for the quiet (normal quiet). Lamb shank very good, appreciated I could order San Pellegrino since I don't drink when traveling solo. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningkathDined on 11/8/2014Nice evening with friends, interesting menu, great service. We were in the back room, very nice, as it was a bit quieter.Special Features:
- Couldn't decide the best dishAndreaDined on 11/7/2014Four of us enjoyed our meal, the drinks, and the music. We couldn't decide who had the best dish - - lamb shank, tuna, or fish. Service was a little slow, but they were very busy. And the band was one of the best I've heard in awhile.Special Features:
- Busy Night in Havre de GraceSTUFFEDVIPDined on 11/7/2014House Of Cards was filming across the street on the night I was here, plus it was First Fridays, so parking was very difficult to find. The restaurant was very crowded but our table was ready as soon as we arrived for our reservation. Our first round of drinks took awhile to get, but the restaurant and bar were very crowded so this didn't bother us too much. Somewhere in the middle of our meal we got a different waiter, but again, this didn't bother us. The portions are a little small for the prices (I had the dogfish which was on special that night). This has always been one of my favorite spots in the area.Special Features:
- Great Time!kwvuDined on 10/10/2014Laurrapin Grille is a fun place with great food, beer selection, and excellent service! Keith was fantastic server and provided excellent recommendations. We look forward to going back and hope Keith will wait on us again.Special Features:
- Coulda been 5 StarsMickDined on 10/9/2014I had two associates in town from AZ and wanted to turn them on to great MD seafood. I don't do seafood, but the menu on line listed Lamb Shank so I'm covered. My pals from the desert ordered Crab Cakes, and Rockfish, and I ordered the Lamb. A few minutes later, our server returned to tell me they had just run out of the Lamb. So I ordered Skirt Steak medium rare. Our main course was served...my guests dishes were excellent, but my steak was over cooked. Our server took the steak back to the kitchen and said they were going to make me a new one. The food was good, and the manager provided comps on the check to compensate for the problems we had. I'll probably give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local food is great...butlocavoreDined on 10/9/2014We did not receive a menu for the steamers that r offered, it was 'steamer night', no prices available or description. We loved the shrimp bisque, salad was good, but bread disappointing. We used to live in the Berkshires and enjoyed Berkshire Mountain Bakery breads, one of the best bakeries in the US. If you used their pizza crusts, which can be shipped to you, your pizza would improve by 100%. It's sour dough. The reason we came to Laurrapin was because you served local food, which we deeply appreciate. I am a member of the Community Alliance for Responsible Eco-Farming and support local organic whenever I can.
- Second time - not as impressedcdswDined on 10/7/2014My first time my boyfriend & I came to Laurrapin Grille was a couple weeks ago & we were blown away! Great service, great food and a fantastic happy hour. We just had to come back. Two nights ago we came back and experienced the worst waitress we've ever had. As a server myself, I know that it can be busy & hectic but letting a table sit for nearly 20 minutes is unacceptable. The manager basically took over our table! From the one or two times that she did come to our table she seemed out of it & aloof. The manager, however, was great & so was the food. We will be back but just a little let down since the first experience was so awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SALT LICK CENTRALOnly1EmariDined on 10/4/2014I was utterly disappointed in the dinner I got here last night! I had a friend with me visiting from out of town and I wanted to introduce her to proper MD style Crab Cakes and other local fare. The food, which was not cheap by any means, was the most ridiculously, saltiest food that I've ever had! The Drunken Clams were a joke of over done, chewy mess and the Rockfish and Crab Cakes were inedible after a few bites. The waitress checked on us once after we sat there for an hour. I have no idea how or why there were people even in the restaurant unless they were two sheets to the wind (actually, the bar seemed to be the only thing going for it). Spend your hard earned $$ elsewhere - I totally regret spending ours here.Special Features:
- Good Food - Bad ServiceErnTableDined on 10/4/2014We arrived about 15 min. early & were seated quickly. Our waitress was attentive and our apps came quickly & were good. Main courses came quickly. My guest was a vegetarian & she discovered what she thought was a non-vegetarian ingredient (goat cheese) in her dish - she asked our server if she could verify & she said would check with her manager...and after this point seemed to 'abandon' our table - no refills, no more checking in with us. Service was great until this point...when she finally she finally came back, we asked if she found out if there was goat cheese in the dish - she replied 'I don't think so' and proceeded to avoid us for the rest of the meal. I'm normally not a harsh critic, but was not happy with our treatment.Special Features:
- Good food, as alwaysPOGO62Dined on 10/2/2014Laurrapin Grille fills its menu with all locally-sourced farm products. The menu changes seasonally but they retain some of their all time favorites. Always a great meal here.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014My daughter loves Laurrapin Grille and was delighted to dine while home for a visit. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsSarahHDined on 9/27/2014The food and service is always amazing. Everything is from local farms and you can see and taste the freshness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh but sparseLindaJPSDined on 9/27/2014The food at Laurrapin was very, very fresh. We greatly enjoyed that fact. However, the taste/flavors were nothing special. The portions were small and the price was large! For two people, who didn't order any alcohol or dessert, we walked out of Laurrapin spending $75 (and neither of us got steak!). Don't think we'll be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- DelightfulcpdeweyDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic food from local farms, great atmosphere and wonderful service. great date spot too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening!LeeGDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated my mother's 82nd birthday on a weeknight at Laurrapin Grille -- Rich was our waiter, and he took good care of us. Laurrapin Grille never disappoints!Special Features:
- Not a real seafood placeDCiteDined on 9/21/2014We picked this Restaurant out from Yelp. We were hoping to find a seafood restaurant that we hadn't tried before. Unfortunately this place just really isn't seafood restaurant. They did not have crabs and they did not have fresh oysters. We had the crab cakes which were good but we were frustrated by the fact that that was really our only seafood choice on the menu which had few appealing choices. Overall, this was a bit of a disappointing experience. Also, the restaurant was almost empty when we were there on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
- Not goodColeDined on 9/20/2014Sadly, I always have high hopes for this restaurant, and I continue to be let down. I recommend the corn chowder and that is about it. 2 people at my table had crab cakes, and they did was pick shells out of theirs mouths. My friend and I had the Rockfish, so bland. Not only were they out of at least 5 items at 7:30 on a Saturday night, they sauce changed when we ordered our fish. It was suppose to come with a lemon sauce and when I ordered it, it changed to a tasteless shrimp sauce. I was hoping that dessert would save my dismal experience, but they did not have one chocolate item on the dessert menu!??! How does a restaurant not have one chocolate item on the menu?
- Great FoodWayneDined on 9/18/2014I eat at Laurrapin frequently and have never been disappointed. My favorite dish there is Osso-Buco. Much of the food is from local farmers. There are several dining areas, including a bar. I prefer the small room away from the noise around the bar. Laurrapin can be a swinging place on weekends.Special Features:
- Awesome spot!cdswDined on 9/16/2014Came here for the first time a couple nights ago - loved it! Was waiting for my boyfriend so grabbed a spot at the bar...great happy hour & a nice bartender! Was sat a bit before our reservation time which was great. Calamari was to die for! We both got sandwiches...Harford County french dip & the bison burger - both very good. The half price bottles of wine on Tuesdays are a plus too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday NightDianeDined on 9/13/2014Food was outstanding. The specials were very inspired and creative. Some fun flavors. Very eclectic decor. Wait staff very knowledgeable. Only drawback, very loud.Special Features:
- Scallop special was a jokeBeePeepDined on 9/12/2014We went to Laurrapin Grille during the course of a day trip to Havre de Grace. We were seated next to the hallway/bathroom and asked to be moved. We were told all the other tables were reserved, even though there was only one other couple in the dining room at the time. The hostess did return shortly and give us a better table. The cheese plate appetizer was good and my partner's chicken entree was very good. However, my entree was so disappointing that I would not return or recommend the restaurant. Imagine paying $22 for a total of three scallops and a quarter cup of rice. It was an appetizer priced and served as an entree. I emailed the restaurant to let them know of our experience, good and bad, but have not heard back from them yet.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We love Laurrapin and frequent it often. The food is alway excellent and they can accommodate gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!jmevball28Dined on 8/30/2014We were recommended this restaurant by a co-worker, it was for a laid back birthday celebration and fit our plans perfectly. We sat in the lounge area with a nice view of the neighborhood and bar area without being right at the bar. The decor was inviting and updated. Our server was amazing, he made recommendations right off the bat and was able to answer all questions we had promptly. He said the drunken clams were great, he was right. He said the fig mojito was awesome, right again. Two of our party had the rock fish, which was amazing. My mother in law had the vegetable wellington which she loved. I had the pear Gorgonzola salad with blackened tuna which was perfect. It's not close by but will definitely be worth the return trip!Special Features:
- hungryDined on 8/29/2014we used to enjoy the food. Perhaps we felt negative due to the screaming child that was out of control. Will try to grille one more time.
- Great food & atmosphereSaltlifemacDined on 8/28/2014We've eaten at Laurrapin Grille twice in one month and have yet to find anything "bad" about this place. Great food, great atmosphere, great service and a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sal4diningDined on 8/20/2014We travel nearly an hour to dine at Laurrapin Grille. Perhaps that alone says it all. The service always is outstanding. The food always is very good. The restaurant offers a variety of "moods" from the very casual bar, a casual dining area and the more formal (never stuffy) dining room. If we lived closer, we'd dine there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014would have loved this place had it NOT been so incredibly LOUD. Not "energetic" as your choices allow. Too damn loud. Tiny table, hard chairs. Excellent menu selections. happened to be Steak &Wine night. As usual, my husband's first wine selection unavailable. Food prepared well, but NY strip not as good as TR/Frederick or LJs/hagerstown. Ossobuco excellent. I do business in town 1-2 days a week. Will have to expore other options before I return.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!CPB1Dined on 8/16/2014My husband, adult son and I had dinner at the Laurrapin Grille on Friday night when there was live music. It was our first time in Havre de Grace as well as the restaurant, and we had a wonderful meal. The service was friendly, the food was delicious and the band was enjoyable to listen to. We will be back!Special Features:
- Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/13/2014There is a variety of food choices on the menu which is very important to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014This was our first meal there. The wait staff was very helpful and pleasant. The food was very good, with some creative selections that we enjoyed. Worth going back even though we are an hour away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to sayCharlieDined on 8/9/20146 of us dined. Half of us really liked our dishes, the rest thought food was just fair. Great service, desserts and specialty cocktails. Small touristy town, so for nicer dining this may be the best overall choice.
- MacGrouseDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed our visit and will definitely return when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Steamer night...seisanDined on 8/7/2014We had a great dinner, whole red snapper with wild rice and swiss chard as well as the farm house pizza. We followed up with the crème brulee. The service was very good. The steamed mussels and oysters for appetizer were also fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappoints!outnaboutDined on 8/1/2014It's been way too long since we visited the Laurrapin! I was so excited to come back and enjoy their food, everything is fantastic and the service was top notch. It was so good we came back the next day for lunch. if you're in Havre de Grace or even close to it do yourself a favor and go to the Laurrapin, you'll will not regret it!Special Features:
- Nice find!!ptdoc2persDined on 7/31/2014Very pleasant atmosphere with a lot of local charm; decor and food with local touches. The food presentation and quality was exceptional as were the choices and the recommendations by the waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hype was bigger than the biteAlchemistRangerVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had heard a lot about the Laurrapin from friends and associates. Everyone we talked to raved about the food and the fact all of the meats and veggies are locally raised. We went on a Thursday, which is their steamer night and they offer a varied of steamed sea foods. However, our impression was that it was just OK. The food was good, but not outstanding. The wine list was OK, but nothing special. In the end we will probably go back, but it hasn't displaced our other local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.