Lauro Ristorante Italiano - Tampa
3915 Henderson Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Lauro Ristorante Italiano - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lauroristorante.com/
- Phone: 8132812100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lauro Medaglia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lauro Ristorante Italiano - Tampa
Chef Lauro Medaglia started his first restaurant in Tampa in 1981, and has established a faithful clientele. He began his career in Italy at a young age. Lauro spent several years in London working at the finest restaurants and hotels training under some of the best chefs to enrich his experiences. He has won national and international recognition and praise for his outstanding cuisine. Lauro's commitment to extraodinary dining can be felt throughout the restaurant and it is fitting that the establishment bears his name.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Lauro Ristorante Italiano - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Lauro Ristorante Italiano - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (18)romantic (16)special occasion (15)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014This place reminded me of a typical mom and pop Italian resturant. The prices were not too bad, but be careful what you get. My girlfriend order the capellini in red sauce and it was delicious however my dish with meat sauce and egg noodles tastes like hamburger helper. Overall it was an excellent experience dispit the small food blunder. The service was excellent and the staff extremely nice. I felt as if I was dinning at the Capitol Grill or Emralds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/25/2014We took our aunt here for her birthday dinner. The server, Joseph, was exceptional, as was his support staff. He was engaging, funny, and made the evening even better. The food was very good as well and their prices are reasonable, especially when compared to the other Italian restaurants in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Anniversary DinnerrandygolfsDined on 8/23/2014Lauro"s has always been one of our favorite spots for a special occasion. While we hadn't been there in several years, everything looked the same. We were greeted promptly and waited for a couple of minutes while our table was set up. The waiter took our drink order fairly quickly, but disappeared for long periods of time after that. They had run out of pate, so we ordered the clam/mussel appetizer instead. The waiter came with a salad about 15 minutes later, not realizing that we had never received the appetizer. He quickly brought the appetizer, but we were both disappointed in how small both the mussels and clams were. The meal finally got back on track and the salad and entrees were delicious. All this took 2 hours, no dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lauro's Neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Lauro Ristorante Italiano is just like that Italian restaurant you grew up going to. Old school decor, table cloths, attentive servers and good food. Lots of choices including specials but heavy on the standards - which is just what you are looking for in this sort of Italian restaurant. Great place to linger and talk, have tried many items and haven't been disappointed yet. Lamb rack is fabulous ( I even picked mine up to get every last morsel off the bones)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasant experiencezgarsamDined on 8/14/2014What a great find, although it has been here for decades. Could not say enough good things about our first experience here. Said the maitre d' and his staff treated us like family. The food was just great. I felt I was eating great Italian grandma food, in the best sense of the word. I had the polpettone di vitello, delicious. Everything was fresh, prepared and presented perfectly. What else can I say? We will definitely be back and bring friends and family.Special Features:
- best Italian in tampabenwahDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious. The service was as good as Berns Steakhouse. The portions were large. The waiter Joseph was enthusiastic..and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Lauro Ristorante Italiano is a gem of italian food in Tampa. I lived most of my life in Chicago know for good italian, and Lauro Ristorante stand up very well against those restaurants. I will frequent this place many times in the upcoming years.Special Features:
- So goodRyanVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is the second time we have dined here and it was great both times. The service is great. Joe and Alex were so nice and really knew the menu. We had a group of 5, our 11 year old said it was the best spaghetti she had ever had. The fish was amazing and the ones that the Classic Italian loved it. You can't miss.Special Features:
- Another great mealAlwaysEnjoyFoodVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have been to Lauro's many times. The service is fantastic. You can't go wrong ordering the Chicken Parmesan. They have great chef specials and the homemade noodles and sauce are always spot on. I really liked the homemade Cream of Portabella Soup - it was the best I've ever had. We've never had a bad meal here. It's a real gem and one we keep returning to with family and friends.Special Features:
- Nice Dining ExperiencePennyDined on 7/15/2014My friend and I enjoyed lunch and conversation in a pleasant atmosphere with great food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Italian in TampaHooferVIPDined on 6/27/2014I asked an friend of Italian descent what his favorite Italian restaurant was in Tampa and without hesitation he said, "Lauro." Although I never heard of it, I booked it for my wife and me for our date night. Although the atmosphere was dated, the restaurant at least made an effort to be classy, but the service took class to an all new level. Then the food came: lobster bisque is not to be missed and the arugula salad was remarkable. My wife got the angel hair pasta and crab dish that could have fed twice as many people and when my friend text me with a "Well?" message, I wrote back, "The best veal I have ever had in my life." We will, however, have to go back just for dessert because that's the only way that's happening! Awesome.Special Features:
- We will be backRyanVIPDined on 6/6/2014We enjoyed the food, servers were very nice and attentive. We ordered a great grouper that I will do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianKimmieDined on 5/31/2014Recommend anything on the diverse menu but the specials were phenomenal. The veal stuffed ravioli was delicious. The chef will modify any dish according to taste. Relaxing experience with no rushing to turn tables over. The only improvement would be the service. We found we were continually waiting for our wine to be opened and poured. Seafood pasta had little seafood and had to point it out in order for additional seafood to be served after food was served. Great venue for special occasions. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014The food was average and to be expected as priced. The waiter was WAY too friendly. Told stories and articles he read in the newspaper, family experiences, etc. Really was unappreciated.
- Pasta Heaven!WmarvelDined on 5/24/2014i love lauro's pasta dishes!! the cassarecche pontevechio is a favorite!!! and the soups are divine! there are only maybe one or two items on the whole menu we wouldn't try again, but with so many delicious choices it doesn't make a difference! the service is also wonderful and they always make us feel so welcome. this is a true neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014Great food, great service. A hidden gem that I'm glad we found!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Disappointed with service...never got all our food.....then had to take it home...will never go backSpecial Features:
- I had been there beforediningoutDined on 5/10/2014I remembered Lauro's very fondly from a previous experience. However, this time the food was good, not extraordinary. Service was still excellent....very individualized and caring. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!LoveitalianfoodDined on 5/7/2014It wasn't too busy the day we went. Our waiter, Said, was knowledgeable and super courteous. One person in our party was visiting from Italy and he spoke with him in fluent italian! Our food was superb! You don't get more authentic than Lauro's... Our italian friend, a restaurant owner himself from Venice was very impressed with the excellent food and the service. He was dancing in his seat when he tried the Tiramisu, his favorite dessert. We had the honor of meeting Lauro himself but we could only steal him for a few minutes as he was, as he always is, working in the kitchen! What a treat to have discovered this wonderful restaurant. My only regret is not having discovered it earlier! Lauro's restaurant: where have you been all my life?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKfamily4VIPDined on 5/3/2014If you are looking for a nice place to take your wife or friends, Lauro is the place. Service and did is outstanding and all servers are very pleasant. They add to the experience. Whether you are local or an out of Towner, find Lauro. It is not far from the airport or Amy of the Commerce centers.Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the Lauro Ristorante Italiano - Tampa reviews archive.
- Good food but service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014The service was good at first, then the waiter and his "help" decided that my wife and I, were not good enough to keep their attention once the family of 6 arrived near us, then we felt like second class citizens. The "main" waiter had help, but I guess they didn't know how to refill out water or ask if we wanted more wine, so we were left out to sit and watch this other tabled get served so well, and us just waiting, as a result we didn't want dessert after such service so asked for bill. Food was good and well priced, but service needs work. Will not be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chance from Open Table reviewsPeteDined on 3/22/2014I took a chance based on Open Table reviews. It was just great. We had a 6:15 pm reservation. it was not crowded but by 7 it was full. Joseph was our waiter and was fantastic. My wife and 13 yr old daughter cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2014Old school Italian food. Authentic. New Yorkers will love the treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful northern ItalianKimbleDined on 3/18/2014Wonderful northern Italian food lovingly and consistently well prepared. Service is top drawer! Sayid (spelling?) is the most friendly head waiter and a talented old school bartender. Our favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Northern Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The pasta was very fresh. I could tell that it was homemade. The clams were very good. My date loved her grouper. Joseph was an excellent waiter. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A TREATJEFFDined on 3/14/2014THIS WAS A MARVELOUS EXPERIENCE.....EVERY AREA WAS IN THE WOW AREA...THE TELAPIA CLEOPATRA WAS DELICIOUS AS WAS THE SPECIAL PASTA...THIS IS THE WAY REAL ITALIAN FOOD SHOULD BE....EVERY TIME WE GO HERE IT IS A REAL TREAT AND WE LEAVE SAYING WOW!Special Features:
- Old Fashion CharmcstillwellDined on 3/12/2014My husband and I wanted authentic Italian food and heard Lauro was good. We went on a week night so the restaurant wasn't busy. We selected the arugula salad which was good and I had the clams in white sauce and my husband had the eggplant parm. Both entree's were very good. We split the dessert. They have a full bar and a nice selection of wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodcomaDined on 3/8/2014So good....our server Alex was awesome. They way he explained the dishes was so much fun. We tried a pasta dish , a chicken dish and a seafood dish and we were all extremely happy with our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Treasureartlady11VIPDined on 3/7/2014Love Lauro's. Alex, our waiter, is such an exceptional waiter. Friendly, courteous, professional. We always get our table for two in the back of the restaurant. We even had a lovely chat with the Proprietress who hails from the Amalfi Coast and talked about our upcoming trip to her beautiful country. Love their food -- and them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a must when in Tampa.OhtrvlbugVIPDined on 3/6/2014Every time that I am in Tampa I try to pay a visit to my favorite Italian restaurant. The food is spectacular, the servers delightful , and the ambiance is perfect for any special occasion. The specials change nightly and they are always happy to accomodate any request. Be sure to try their lamb and veal dishes as well as the gnochhi that is made fresh in house. This place is real Old World Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!Tones122000Dined on 3/1/2014As an Italian NYer from Brooklyn I am very critical of Italian restaurants. This Place was recommended by a friend. Appetizer, salad,entree,desert,drinks and expresso coffee were excellent. We had Joe as our server and he provided us the best service I received from a server in a long time. He was informative and entertaining. Will definately return .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely authenticLuxdinerDined on 3/1/2014Lauro's reputation for quality, authentic Neopolitan cuisine did not disappoint! The calamari was crisp and so tasty. Great wines and great service! It was truly good food overall and a great experience. A+ and highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's Paradise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Wasn't able to find really good fine Italian dining in a setting that's comfortable and friendly until now. Service is First Class. Joseph, Alex, and Billy offer professional service you only find in VERY pricey places, plus they make one feel very special. I was surprised with a birthday party here last year and husband and I had no doubt about spending our anniversary there, recently. The food is made by the owner, fresh ingredients, special touches, not your average franchise fare, and it's DELICIOUS! I highly recommend Lauro's to anyone seeking a special dining experience! (P.S. If it's on the Special, don't miss the roasted artichoke and the lamb shank entrée with gnocchi!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time atLam2047Dined on 2/21/2014This was my first time at Lauro. The food was amazing and I was incredibly impressed with the service. I was waited upon by Alex and Billy and they were both attentive and personable. The service made the experience!
- Anither Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2014We have been coming to Lauro's now for a number of years, but this was the first dinner, and it was a wonderful experience. Not only was the dinner terrific, but the personal attention given to us outstanding. Lauro's welcome and treat you like their best friends.Special Features:
- DisappointedFinickyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Fantastic food The service was the worst. Slow slow slow and forgetful We were not the only ones with service issues Will be hard to returnSpecial Features:
- Love Lauro'sInfamousMATVIPDined on 2/14/2014Lauro's is one of the many hidden gems of Tampa. We went for Valentine's day and even though the menu was scaled down due to the day the selections were all still delicious as usual.Special Features:
- Highly disappointingMRJDHUNTERDined on 2/14/2014My mistake for thinking this could be a good Valentine's Day find. My goal was to find an "under the radar" restaurant for the holiday that would not be completely slammed. I knew Lauro from many years ago and thought this would be ideal...traditional, intimate and hopefully delicious. Instead we were treated to a night of some of the worst service and sub-par food (like on a cruise ship) that I've experienced in years. Granted, the server was waiting on 9 tables at once...and apologized many times for the inattentiveness. Inexcusable that this place would be so grossly understaffed on what is probably their busiest day of the year. I can't believe that I had to spend $160 of my hard earned money for such a lousy experience.
- Always great food. I haveMikeDined on 2/14/2014Always great food. I have been dining here for over 30 years.Special Features:
- Worst. Service. Ever.AdamVIPDined on 2/8/2014Among the worst service I have ever received. It took 25 minutes to get water after sitting, and our waiter just slammed the glasses down and said he would have to come back. It only got worse from there. Among other things, we asked for a water refill three times over a period of over an hour. Our waiter kept saying he forgot, but then kept forgetting again. Plus 3 food mistakes. 2.5 hours after arriving, finally got the bill. He charged my card, but forgot to give back the receipt with detail. We asked, but didn't receive. 15 minutes later, we asked for a manager. We were told he was in the kitchen and unavailable. Never got a receipt, so no business reimbursement. Ridiculous. And we never received our water.