3377 SE Division #106
Portland, OR 97202Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurokitchen.com/
- Phone: 5032397000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner only: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday & Saturday until 10:00 pm, Closed Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: David Machado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lauro Kitchen
Lauro Kitchen offers seasonal, locally sourced dishes inspired by the rich culinary traditions of the Mediterranean region. We have comfortable seating for 54 diners in an open and casual, neighborhood restaurant and bar, located in southeast Portland's Richmond district. Our menu reflects chef/owner David Machado's simple and authentic cooking style and his passion for fresh, locally grown and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lauro Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Unfortunately, this restaurantIreneDined on 5/23/2012Unfortunately, this restaurant is closing for good this coming Sunday. It has been a favorite of ours. The food was always excellent, and the service usually very good. Our server this last time, however, was very inattentive.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2012One of my favorite restaurants in Portland! Excellent food & service - very dependable & as usual a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- It is a loss that Lauro isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012It is a loss that Lauro is closing but we will fondly remember this dinner!
- Clean,friendly service, strongOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2012Clean,friendly service, strong menu with several good selections, well prepared food with great flavor, comfortable relaxing environment nice selection of local micro brews and well round wine list.Special Features:
- Good food, but not for the frugal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2012We're sorry to hear Lauro Kitchen is closing! It has been one of our favorite spots for special-occasion dining for several years. Special occasion: We'd have dined there more often, but the prices are high for what we consider to be "very good, yet regular" food; but this is the case for many popular restaurants in Portland! Great bar! I'm a good cook, so it's got to be a well-prepared, very good meal for us to go for a $100.00+ tab for fairly regular food. How do people pay that much for dinner out on a regular basis? Then again, it's a wonderful spot, and we will miss it!Special Features:
- Service was quick and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Service was quick and very friendly, food was sub par and overpriced. I would not go back or recommend. Rick
- Service was slow and uninspired.FrankDined on 5/5/2012Service was slow and uninspired. Although the main dishes were good, overall the food was mediocre, with the choice and the final texture of the vegetables served with the main dish less than satisfying. Given the quality of the food, I believe that the price was set too high. The restaurant was noisy. I don't think I'd go here again.
- Consistently great food!butterfllynpdxDined on 5/4/2012We have been going to Lauro's for years and find them consistent in thier quality of food. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- When hosting dinner for outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012When hosting dinner for out of town colleagues, I often take them to Lauro's because it offers a good balance of food, drinks, service and location.
- enjoyable, neighborhood vibesemifoodieDined on 4/19/2012enjoyable, neighborhood vibe with conscientious attention to cutting-edge menuSpecial Features:
- We like our veggies, too...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012I always enjoy dinner at Lauro. It is almost always spectacular. This time, I have to admit that the vegetables on both the appetizer (radicchio) and entre (asparagus) were oddly cooked, so that they could not be cut with utensils provided. The cocktails and wines we had were tasty and enjoyable. We had a nice evening, but more attention to cooking veggies, or sharper knives would be a plus.Special Features:
- Returning again and again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012We often bring out of town guests to Lauro's. They are amazed at the tasty and innovative offerings.Special Features:
- Our first trip, and we werenorthportlanderDined on 4/6/2012Our first trip, and we were pleasantly surprised. Charming servers, great variety on menu; food was very good with full but not huge portions. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Had a large group there afterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012Had a large group there after seeing, "Wicked". Great variety of dishes,excellent service . Lauro is always consistent.MaraleeSpecial Features:
- I see no point in rating thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012I see no point in rating this because, to my great sorrow, it has closed
- Never going back to LauroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012Lauro is a beautiful restaurant with a lovely atmosphere but after two bad meals in a row will not go back again. This latest visit I had the paella which is an expensive option and was reccommended to me by the waiter. It was so flipping peppery though almost impossible to eat. Literally, instead of spices was just a TON of pepper. Waiter not helpful. When I requested lemon wedges to. It through the pepper was grudgingly given thin slices hardly effective for squeezing. Also no water refill - particularly bad when mouth is burning. So many better choices out there.
- Started off with a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2012Started off with a delicious blood orange margarita. Perfect balance of juice, tequila, and sweetness. Mussels appetizer and paella was prepared with fresh seafood, gentle spicing. At our table of 9, everyone enjoyed their various meals. And while we went there knowing there was not a traditional kid menu, the waitress happily offered to make a cheese pizza for our two little diners. The waitress was attentive, cheerful, and accommodating. We brought a cake for a birthday and she brought plates and forks. Big open room with lots of light and view of kitchen and bar added to a dynamic atmosphere.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012This was our first time at this restaurant. Took my husband for his birthday. Food was really, really good! Pizza was excellent. Our server was outstanding. Very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and its ingredients and how it is prepared.Special Features:
- The service was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The service was good but the meal was only mediocre. I had the beet salad and the burger. The burger was not hot and the beet salad lacked flavor. I felt it was over priced considering the quality of the food.
- nice waitress, but she wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012nice waitress, but she wasn't informed very well about gluten-free eating (she was pretty casual about it), limited gluten-free options, not flexible with seating. Food was really good, however.
- the appetizers were wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2012the appetizers were wonderful but not spectacular. we had onion soup and mussels. green salad was nice. main course was only adequate. we had the paella. rice was gooey. shrimp was nicely smokey. flavor of the clams was lost in overly strong spiciness. mussels were gamy. overall the paella was weak and left us wondering "why all the raves about lauro's?"
- Everything went smoothly there.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2012Everything went smoothly there. Being seniors we prefer smaller servings. They gladly split both our salad and entre. With a half carafe of wine that put our dinner in the single $ area.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner andJohnDined on 2/25/2012We had a great dinner and service from Sarah was excellent!Special Features:
- Some of the best MediterraneanTheExperienceVIPDined on 2/24/2012Some of the best Mediterranean style food in the city of Portland...The stuffed chicken is so delicious, they always have their specials up on the Blackboard so you can have your pick. The pork chop was tender and flavorful, the catalan spinach is excellent! The Lauro burger is one of the best burgers I've had! Really creative bar drinks as well and you can order some wines in half or full carafe. Make a reservation though as it is small and usually fully booked.Special Features:
- The dishes we have had atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2012The dishes we have had at Lauro have all been good with nice combinations of flavors. We especially like the tagine. The pizza oven makes for a nice crispy crust and the wine list is quite decent. The copper table tops are a nice touch. The service is knowledgeable and attentive, but not intrusive. It is loud for my taste, with hard surfaces reflecting sound, but that seems to be fashionable at the moment.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012Large portions are good for sharing unless you are super hungry. Food was not as tastey as we hoped it would be. Average but unique choices.. Nice ambiance and helpful honest server. Being new to PDX, will probably check out more of Portland's foodie spots before returning.
- A Warm GlowArtstudioinNortheastDined on 2/17/2012I've been dining at Lauro Kitchen for the past 8 years, and have NEVER been disappointed. their dishes are consistently of the highest quality, both the food and eye appeal. The wait staff is friendly and accommodating. There is a warm glow here that is addicting.When I introduce friends from out of town or friends here, they are always thrilled.Special Features:
- Good bye Lauro's KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012Loved Lauro's too bad it is now gone with the wind...
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food was delicious and the portions were healthy. While not a quiet venue, the noise was not too disruptive. The space between the tables is a little tight.Special Features:
- Always the perfect place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Always the perfect place to dine. Food terrific, service great, music mellow, laid back atmosphere. We recommend Lauro's to everyone.Special Features:
- great food, good peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2012Went on 2/13, it was fairly busy especially for a Monday night, so I was glad I had made reservations, we arrived 5 minutes early and just had to wait a minute to get our table. Staff was very courteous and friendly, service was fairly quick until the main course, but I would put it on he account of an unusually busy Monday night - Food was very tasty - our waiter made a little error in the ordering process and our dishes were not ready at the same time, but without us complaining it made it up to us by offering us a complementary dessert - Overall we had a great experience and will go back to try more of there appealing dishes.Special Features:
- Good Food - Lots of kids and noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 2/13/2012Food was beyond expectations. Had friends in town and was our reason to search out someone across the river. Was not disappointed in the food or service. BUT, the restaurant was full of kids... screaming. Asked to be move to another area but was told there were other reservations with kids, so we remain where we were seated. Must be the neighborhood place for families.Special Features:
- Paella and special vanillaDinerOneDined on 2/11/2012Paella and special vanilla bean/hazelnut ricotta cheesecake were exceptional. Skip the pork and clams dish....I would swear they left out the cilantro and there was one, thin slice of quartered sausage in the entire dish. I love to cook so this was really disappointing...tasted like pork shoulder roast with a few clams and very little flavorings. Restaurant was busy so there was a long wait. Luckily, I ordered the dessert right when the waitress was clearing our plates, although she never asked my husband if he wanted anything nor asked if we wanted coffee or anything else.Special Features:
- Food awesome as always. TablesCentavoDined on 2/10/2012Food awesome as always. Tables are a leeetal too close together, but but wasn't a major issue. Service was very good as well. Definitely worth it the dine!Special Features:
- Excellent place for my out-of-townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Excellent place for my out-of-town foodie friends. They were impressed!Special Features:
- we always have a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012we always have a great dinner at Lauros. The tuna with crispy polenta was outstanding and the pumpkin raviolis very tasty and tender.Special Features:
- Food at Lauro is always excellent.PortlandregularsVIPDined on 2/1/2012Food at Lauro is always excellent. We go there at least twice a month. If it's really, really full, they could use another server, but there is probably no way they can know that in advance. We love the place.Special Features:
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012Our table was ready when we arrived. The service was fabulous, neither too slow or too rushed. Our drinks were excellent!We all enjoyed our entrées, shared salads and appetizers, as well as desserts.Special Features:
- Have dined at Lauro KitchenLauriinKirklandDined on 1/28/2012Have dined at Lauro Kitchen a number of times. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Fabulous.Veggies4lifeVIPDined on 1/27/2012We dined here for the first time in a long time, and it was as good as we remembered. One main difference was this time we have a 14 month old with us, and we were worried that it would be a problem. The waitstaff couldn't have been more accommodating and forgiving (of food getting flung).Special Features: