1111 7st SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1A1Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://laurierlounge.com/
- Phone: 4032283771
- Hours of Operation:
Open 8 am to 10 pm Tue, Wed
Open 8 am to 10:30pm Thu
Open 8 am to 11 pm Fri
Open 9 am to 11 pm Sat
Open 9 am to 10 pm Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French
- Executive Chef: Martin Maheux
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: a number of rooms available of varying sizes,please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Luc Renaudet 4036083196
- Entertainment: Free WIFI Internet
Sundays Wine Enthusiast nights - All Reserve wine list at 50% off
- Special Events: Start thinking to reserve your place for your christmas partys!!!
A word from Laurier Lounge
This 100 year old heritage building was the boyhood home of George F.G. Stanley, designer of our Canadian flag. It is a very casual eclectic restaurant where the food is excellent but not pretentious and their standards are extremely high. When you enter the upstairs dining room you can see why it has won awards for best 'romantic' and best 'first date', as well as 'best fondue experience'. This is an establishment, tucked into the heart of urban Calgary, where you can enjoy an intimate meal, just kick back in the comfortable bar, or spend the day on one of the coziest and sunniest patios in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Laurier Lounge - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Laurier Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (33)romantic (32)special occasion (25)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Can certainly do a lot better!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The scallops and smoked salmon bruschetta were excellent. Ordered gingerale and got sprite instead. Even on asking the server, was told that the faucets were mixed up. The risotto was watery and passé and I had to go get the pepper to add some flavour. The server didn't know what was in the drink ordered since she had not tasted it. Once the check was asked for and paid the server disappeared and didn't care to ask how was the food or come back again. Do I want to go there again ? Probably not.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Our first visit to Laurier Lounge. We spent a lovely evening on the patio sharing a variety of small plates. The food was awesome, plenty to share. Service was great. One of our party was celebrating a birthday and our server brought out a dessert with a candle, totally unasked. Would definitely spend another evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Very good location food good,the terrace little bit dirtySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great specials!JackomoDined on 8/27/2014We ordered from the daily specials and everyone was impressed. One of our group had never been there before and said he would bring his wife back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go for lunch together to celebrate our anniversary. We were so thrilled by our experience at Laurier Lounge. The service was fantastic, the food was amazing and the atmosphere couldn't have been better. We got a great table on the patio and were offered delicious homemade mojitos made with fresh mint sprigs that they grow right there on the patio. The server and the bartender were extremely attentive and very friendly. The table d'hote menu for lunch was perfect - good options, good portions and absolutely delicious. I have been here for dinner before and was extremelly impressed, lunch was amazing...I can't wait to try their brunch, which is supposed to be fantastic as well! Merci Laurier Lounge, à bientôt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FonduemikepVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I have visited Laurier Lounge on several occasions and their fondue experience for two never disappoints. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The reason I love coming to the L.L. is because the food being offered is the kind I could not make at home. I cherish the fact the every morsel is a joy to my palate.Special Features:
- Small, small portionsYYCStellaDined on 8/21/2014Love the vibe, love the location but the portions you get are just silly. We left hungry and poor. The samples in comparison to other similar restaraunts is just nonsense and the price is just as silly.
- Fantastic!HiddengemfinderDined on 8/9/2014Was looking for a romantic place in Calgary to take my fiancé away from the typical 'commercialized' eating establishments and came across the Laurier Lounge. The best place you will find if you're looking to savor and share your meal and take your time with that special person in your life. Service was very well paced and extremely pleasant and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and service! The poutines were delicious as was the baked Brie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Recommended by two others to me .... I'll reccomend it to my friends as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfoodloverDined on 7/30/2014Food was absolutely fantastic - will definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014Went here with some out of town family to have them try the fondue. Cheese fondue, beef fondue and chocolate fondue are all always amazing!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedNewbieDined on 7/20/2014My mom from out of town had seen an show about poutine wars.... We searched it out and tried it as a family. Good was VERY appealing and delicious! Definetly will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fondue dinner!FoodieDined on 7/17/2014The truffle cheese fondue was fantastic. Also had seafood and chocolate fondue which was nice as well. Great staff. Nice ambience. Even had special request for food gras which they did for me. Will come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch, not for LunchOlRFVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have been to Laurier Lounge for brunch many times, and it's always great. Brunch menu is great and always delicious. Went there for lunch on Canada day, and it was terrible. I had to send my food back, and the replacement was only marginally better. Left hungry, and had to stop by home to eat.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere.KKRNDined on 6/28/2014I brought out of town guests for supper as I had heard fantastic things about Laurier Lounge. We were not let down. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. Money well spent for a great night out.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!Luv2DineDined on 6/26/2014I love the atmosphere at Laurier Lounge but this is a place to go when you want to pay far too much for food and wine. Great for people that have more money than brains!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014Had a wonderful experience - very attentive and the lunch was delicious. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!!!DavidDined on 6/14/2014Very friendly and helpful staff, food is amazing. We shared a main and the portion was just right, probably the best meal of the year so far.Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Had a good dinner with the family. The kids enjoyed the fondueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Fondue everOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2014There may be other items there that are good but if you want to go for Fondue I highly discourage it. The cheese fondue was disgusting and the beef fondue very average and small portions. Was a disappointing night out.
- great menu - good servicesDacoDined on 5/25/2014Love the plates to share menu. Very good service. Also one of a few places open Sunday nights.Special Features:
- Our first visit and not our lastbandpfoodiesDined on 5/11/2014We booked this restaurant for a Mother's Day dinner and were completely over the top impressed with the food, personal service from the owner - Martin and overall enjoyment of the evening! One of us was interested in a sweet wine with dinner and Martin was more than willing to accommodate this request, offering a tasting of one and then opened a bottle of champagne which was the most suitable for our taste. He took the time to explain various parts of the meal and give us a personal tour of the entire restaurant upon our departure. Our server Samantha was attentive to our needs throughout the evening. We will definitely recommend this lovely French Bistro to our family and friends and look forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DoindecisiveeaterDined on 5/11/2014This was the perfect place for a mother's day brunch. We have also been here for birthdays and for no reason at all. Delicious food and they make good use of the space: the small rooms upstairs, helping break up the seating arrangement, making the restaurant's ambiance great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Good staff, small and cozy, nice menu - the tables were small but suited the decor. Enjoyed the truffle crusted chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change is not always goodHulksterDined on 5/9/2014Took my family to the Laurier Lounge a couple of nights ago. The décor and atmosphere remain the same (don't change it). I liked the wine list. Unfortunately, they changed their menu........big mistake. When I frequented the restaurant - my main go to: French Onion Soup & either the stilton salad or Caesar salad. The main course was the fondue and for desert - the crème brulee. Had the beef fondue (now served in smaller portions and no vegetables). Please go back to the old menu. Increased price (I understand) but preserve the quantity. Bring back the French onion soup. We will try their brunch menu. I sure hope we won't be disappointed. If so, we'll have to look somewhere else.Special Features:
- The following 439 reviews are from the Laurier Lounge reviews archive.
- tiny room, tiny tiny table..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014First off.. Jeff our server was great.. Thank you Jeff.. But made a reservation for what I thought/assumed was for a dining room ..and was seated in the lounge, without choice or offer or explanation of why.. was never even offered a dinning room... Food was ok.. not bad not great..just ok.. The fact that I felt crowded in to a corner in the/a lounge ( any lounge) on a table not much bigger than a stool top weighed on me throughout dinner.. not much room for 2 of us, bottle of wine in cooler the fondue and ...etc..etc.. you get it.. I'm sure. too crowded to even navigate to the restrooms .. between lounge/dinner guests and a super small set up.. any how that's it... wanted to try you out.. But wouldn't recommend
- Cute and deliciousDomesticDivaNorthDined on 4/25/2014Great spot for a fun intimate night out. Interesting and quaint atmosphere with delicious food and great service. We had the fondue dinner - cheese fondue, beef broth fondue and chocolate fondue for dessert. All were delicious and well prepared with the chocolate fondue being especially good. The fruit to dip was fresh and flavourful and the banana bread ingenious! Overall great find, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but poor food!!Tbb123Dined on 4/20/2014Poutine bourguinone, lobster risotto and a few other dishes way too salty!! We needed to ask for water twice!! Wis the food was better for such a cute place. Had fondue here before and that was good.Special Features:
- UNIQUEALBERTDined on 4/12/2014Warm welcome upon arrival. Good choice of menu. We usually have Beef Fondue, decided to try the Beef Bourguignon this time, good choice. Delicious! The Escargots also one of our favorites.Special Features:
- a memorable evening for sureimafoodieDined on 3/29/2014i brought my hubby here for his birthday dinner. food was amazing. only thing was they ran out of the steak tar tar, which we were told after we ordered it, and were really looking forward to ordering it. our faves were the bruschetta and the poutine. we met an older couple sitting next to us, had a wonderful conversation with them. when we asked for our bill, our server informed us that the couple had paid for our bill, tip and all!! they were already gone, so we couldn't thank them. it totally made our night. we will definitely be back. -angelaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very casual environmentbiznessregularVIPDined on 3/29/2014A very casual environment with a fine dining/rustic fusion. Very good food and exceptional service by Alexandra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedIceKittyDined on 3/26/2014We have been to the Laurier numerous times for lunch however this is probably the last time we will go. They continually change their menu and I was expecting to see the menu that was on their website the day that I made my reservation however in the two days in between, it had changed and now funny, so has their site. I am not interested in a 'sharing' lunch nor am I interested in paying $15.50 for a hamburger. That's right, it was just the hamburger...you want a side, it's extra. One might chalk up the empty dining room due to the weather on this day but I'm not so sure.
- Excellent Dinner OutmikepVIPDined on 3/22/2014Second time back for the three course fondue dinner. Was excellent again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fondueAdamDined on 3/21/2014Came here after looking for fondue in calgary. Was very delighted. Chesse fondue was some of the best I have had. Service was good. I dont envy the waitress for having to walk up and down those stairs though. Because of the price I won't be going often but it is a great place for a special occasion. Alcohol is a little overpriced at least 60% mark up. I feel like this could be adjusted a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodieDined on 3/16/2014Had a great time at the Laurier Lounge. The food was great, ambiance even more so. Will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!ShopmsyjDined on 3/15/2014Been to Laurier Lounge many times for brunch so this was a first in the evening. Fondue was top-notch! Loved it:)Special Features:
- A nice eveningPercyPDined on 3/15/2014Being new to town, we learned about the Laurier Lounge while browsing the Big Taste website. While many other restaurants offered lunch or dinner specials of chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, or spaghetti, we found the offering of a three course fondue dinner more original and enticing. We weren't sure what to expect of the restaurant, given that fondue is often viewed as some cheesy (pun intended) throwback to the 1970s. However, the restaurant was lovely, having excellent warmth and ambiance. In addition, the service and dining experience was excellent. My wife and I plan to return in the future and perhaps we will delve deeper into what appeared to be an interesting menu and deep wine list.Special Features:
- Subpar serviceLynnDined on 3/14/20141)We were seated and then asked to move. 2)Moved upstairs to a cramped corner table where the roof meets the wall with low clearance. 3)A couple next to us, was seated after us and ordered the same though they received all their food and drinks before we did, and we had the same server! 4)The fondue flame went out, so we tried to get the attention of our server, while another chatted up his friends at a table for several minutes. 5)Eventually got up and approached the server, who brought us a new burner. 6)We ordered $100 worth of wine with our meals and had a great time with the exception of the poor service. Not the best date night exp but it was still very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.