1111 7st SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1A1Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://laurierlounge.com/
- Phone: (403) 228-3771
- Hours of Operation:
Open 8 am to 10 pm Tue, Wed
Open 8 am to 10:30pm Thu
Open 8 am to 11 pm Fri
Open 9 am to 11 pm Sat
Open 9 am to 10 pm Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French
- Executive Chef: Martin Maheux
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: a number of rooms available of varying sizes,please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Luc Renaudet 4036083196
- Entertainment: Free WIFI Internet
Sundays Wine Enthusiast nights - All Reserve wine list at 50% off
- Special Events: Start thinking to reserve your place for your christmas partys!!!
A word from Laurier Lounge
This 100 year old heritage building was the boyhood home of George F.G. Stanley, designer of our Canadian flag. It is a very casual eclectic restaurant where the food is excellent but not pretentious and their standards are extremely high. When you enter the upstairs dining room you can see why it has won awards for best 'romantic' and best 'first date', as well as 'best fondue experience'. This is an establishment, tucked into the heart of urban Calgary, where you can enjoy an intimate meal, just kick back in the comfortable bar, or spend the day on one of the coziest and sunniest patios in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Laurier Lounge - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Laurier Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (23)special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (11)good for groups (9)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delicious surpriseGraceDined on 10/25/2014I have heard of Laurier Lounge for quite some time, but have never tried them out. I knew they were known for their fondue, and not being a fondue person - I wasn't interested in going. We decided to give it a try, and we were surprised. The food was excellent, super flavorful, and the portions were a good size. We didn't try their fondue, but tried a couple of the small plates (steak tartar and scallops) both were excellent. I had their Warren Buffet burger, and it was seasoned extremely well. My husband had the full size seafood boullabaise, and gave it 2 thumbs up. This place is a great find, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- MealStampsmom86Dined on 10/20/2014Was there with a colleague who ordered a burger. The burger was burnt on the outside which was disappointing. When advised the wait staff, all she said was sorry and that she would advise the chef. A bit disappointing as this was the first time the colleague had ever been to this restaurant and likely won't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!foodie1nurseDined on 10/17/2014Laurier Lounge was a special surprise in the heart of downtown Calgary. I loved their charming decor and warm atmosphere. The waitress was there the second we needed her and was super helpful. The food was to die for, I would highly recommend their fondue and poutine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Calgary's BestindecisiveeaterDined on 10/1/2014Love it here. Fondue Experience (3 courses) is a fab way to celebrate.Special Features:
- Great Findironbridge21Dined on 9/27/2014I was at the Laurier Lounge the other night, with the recommendation from a friend, and I was pleasantly surprised. Although the food portions weren't large, the food was outstanding and the service was very friendly. We had the Steak Tartar and it was seasoned perfectly and was very fresh. Followed by the Scallops, Boar Sausage, both of which we fantastic. I left totally satisfied, and the price was very reasonable. I'd definitely recommend the Laurier Lounge....well doneSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceSodapopDined on 9/26/2014As a group of 4 long time friends we were looking for above average food and a welcoming place to linger. Laurier has excellent food and the service was top flight. Julie was so attentive, and a perfect host for our dinner. The staff at Laurier are wonderful! All our interactions were done in a way we felt welcome and we will definitely be coming back. Also - it must be said that a lot of thought has gone into this excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scaled backfoodproDined on 9/26/2014i have been a regular at Laurier Lounge for a long time and this is the first time i was disappointed. They definitely have scaled back their food amounts with the fondue. and the service was ok. not great like it has been int the past. i have to say i was very disappointed this time considering this restaurant has been on my top 5 in Calgary for a long time.Special Features:
- total disappointmentsn0wDined on 9/21/2014Taste horrible. My friend recommended me to this restaurant a year ago and I thought I'd finally get a chance to try the food there with my mother. We ordered lobster poutine (extreeeeemely salty), cheese fondue (tasted like they have poured half a bottle of wine in it 'cause its so bitter that i cannot taste the cheese but wine), seafood dish (shrimp was not fresh), pork belly with kale (they roasted the kale and made it all burnt..it was so burnt that it crumbled), cream of corn (also extremely salty)... the restaurant was so dirty...the tables were broken, chairs had oil stains on them, there is no view, ppl were loud...not enough space in the patio, the person behind me kept banging onto my chair... i will never go back again. Horrible!
- French Cuisine Twist at its bestfoodiesuniteDined on 9/19/2014I love the Laurier Lounge! The food is always fantastic and consistent. Service is never pretentious and wine is always a great compliment to every meal. Great spot for a date or even a nice meal with an intimate group of friends. Bon ApetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone loves LaurierKevinCDined on 9/16/2014I have frequented Laurier Lounge numerous times since it opened... I have never had a bad meal at Laurier... Took work associates to Laurier, one person had never been there despite working in the neighborhood. He ordered the Warren Buffet burger and claimed it was the best burger he ever had. I had the Waldorf salad. Delicious. Service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Trés Bieneas75Dined on 9/12/2014Recently I took my team for lunch at the Laurier Lounge and we were impressed! Great food and a lovely atmosphere. It is a hidden gem in the neighbourhood.Special Features:
- Fondue GaloreLeslieVIPDined on 9/7/2014My Husband and I had a date night on a Sunday and decided we should try their speciality meat fondue (Sunday special). We left the restaurant rolling we were so full. Recommendations: poutine, watermelon salad and defiantly the founde!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceCalgarydinerDined on 9/6/2014Our first visit to this restaurant. Fantastic selection of items on menu, very reasonable price for the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can certainly do a lot better!!!!SentiiDined on 8/29/2014The scallops and smoked salmon bruschetta were excellent. Ordered gingerale and got sprite instead. Even on asking the server, was told that the faucets were mixed up. The risotto was watery and passé and I had to go get the pepper to add some flavour. The server didn't know what was in the drink ordered since she had not tasted it. Once the check was asked for and paid the server disappeared and didn't care to ask how was the food or come back again. Do I want to go there again ? Probably not.
- CharlieDined on 8/27/2014Our first visit to Laurier Lounge. We spent a lovely evening on the patio sharing a variety of small plates. The food was awesome, plenty to share. Service was great. One of our party was celebrating a birthday and our server brought out a dessert with a candle, totally unasked. Would definitely spend another evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnyDined on 8/27/2014Very good location food good,the terrace little bit dirtySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great specials!JackomoDined on 8/27/2014We ordered from the daily specials and everyone was impressed. One of our group had never been there before and said he would bring his wife back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceTamaraDined on 8/26/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go for lunch together to celebrate our anniversary. We were so thrilled by our experience at Laurier Lounge. The service was fantastic, the food was amazing and the atmosphere couldn't have been better. We got a great table on the patio and were offered delicious homemade mojitos made with fresh mint sprigs that they grow right there on the patio. The server and the bartender were extremely attentive and very friendly. The table d'hote menu for lunch was perfect - good options, good portions and absolutely delicious. I have been here for dinner before and was extremelly impressed, lunch was amazing...I can't wait to try their brunch, which is supposed to be fantastic as well! Merci Laurier Lounge, à bientôt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FonduemikepVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I have visited Laurier Lounge on several occasions and their fondue experience for two never disappoints. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The reason I love coming to the L.L. is because the food being offered is the kind I could not make at home. I cherish the fact the every morsel is a joy to my palate.Special Features:
- Small, small portionsYYCStellaDined on 8/21/2014Love the vibe, love the location but the portions you get are just silly. We left hungry and poor. The samples in comparison to other similar restaraunts is just nonsense and the price is just as silly.
- Fantastic!HiddengemfinderDined on 8/9/2014Was looking for a romantic place in Calgary to take my fiancé away from the typical 'commercialized' eating establishments and came across the Laurier Lounge. The best place you will find if you're looking to savor and share your meal and take your time with that special person in your life. Service was very well paced and extremely pleasant and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and service! The poutines were delicious as was the baked Brie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Recommended by two others to me .... I'll reccomend it to my friends as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 455 reviews are from the Laurier Lounge reviews archive.
- DeliciousfoodloverDined on 7/30/2014Food was absolutely fantastic - will definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Great as usualRestaurantfoodieDined on 7/29/2014Went here with some out of town family to have them try the fondue. Cheese fondue, beef fondue and chocolate fondue are all always amazing!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedNewbieDined on 7/20/2014My mom from out of town had seen an show about poutine wars.... We searched it out and tried it as a family. Good was VERY appealing and delicious! Definetly will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fondue dinner!FoodieDined on 7/17/2014The truffle cheese fondue was fantastic. Also had seafood and chocolate fondue which was nice as well. Great staff. Nice ambience. Even had special request for food gras which they did for me. Will come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch, not for LunchOlRFVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have been to Laurier Lounge for brunch many times, and it's always great. Brunch menu is great and always delicious. Went there for lunch on Canada day, and it was terrible. I had to send my food back, and the replacement was only marginally better. Left hungry, and had to stop by home to eat.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere.KKRNDined on 6/28/2014I brought out of town guests for supper as I had heard fantastic things about Laurier Lounge. We were not let down. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. Money well spent for a great night out.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!Luv2DineDined on 6/26/2014I love the atmosphere at Laurier Lounge but this is a place to go when you want to pay far too much for food and wine. Great for people that have more money than brains!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014Had a wonderful experience - very attentive and the lunch was delicious. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!!!DavidDined on 6/14/2014Very friendly and helpful staff, food is amazing. We shared a main and the portion was just right, probably the best meal of the year so far.Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Had a good dinner with the family. The kids enjoyed the fondueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Fondue everOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2014There may be other items there that are good but if you want to go for Fondue I highly discourage it. The cheese fondue was disgusting and the beef fondue very average and small portions. Was a disappointing night out.
- great menu - good servicesDacoDined on 5/25/2014Love the plates to share menu. Very good service. Also one of a few places open Sunday nights.Special Features:
- Our first visit and not our lastbandpfoodiesDined on 5/11/2014We booked this restaurant for a Mother's Day dinner and were completely over the top impressed with the food, personal service from the owner - Martin and overall enjoyment of the evening! One of us was interested in a sweet wine with dinner and Martin was more than willing to accommodate this request, offering a tasting of one and then opened a bottle of champagne which was the most suitable for our taste. He took the time to explain various parts of the meal and give us a personal tour of the entire restaurant upon our departure. Our server Samantha was attentive to our needs throughout the evening. We will definitely recommend this lovely French Bistro to our family and friends and look forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DoindecisiveeaterDined on 5/11/2014This was the perfect place for a mother's day brunch. We have also been here for birthdays and for no reason at all. Delicious food and they make good use of the space: the small rooms upstairs, helping break up the seating arrangement, making the restaurant's ambiance great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Good staff, small and cozy, nice menu - the tables were small but suited the decor. Enjoyed the truffle crusted chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change is not always goodHulksterDined on 5/9/2014Took my family to the Laurier Lounge a couple of nights ago. The décor and atmosphere remain the same (don't change it). I liked the wine list. Unfortunately, they changed their menu........big mistake. When I frequented the restaurant - my main go to: French Onion Soup & either the stilton salad or Caesar salad. The main course was the fondue and for desert - the crème brulee. Had the beef fondue (now served in smaller portions and no vegetables). Please go back to the old menu. Increased price (I understand) but preserve the quantity. Bring back the French onion soup. We will try their brunch menu. I sure hope we won't be disappointed. If so, we'll have to look somewhere else.Special Features: