381, Laurier O
Montreal, QC H2V2K3Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurier1936.com/
- Phone: 5142733671
- Hours of Operation:
11AM to 10PM
11AM to 11PM
Brunch : 11AM to 3PM
Diner : 3PM to 11PM
Brunch : 11AM to3PM
Diner : 3PM to 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please note, no reservation is confirmed before the receipt of the choice of menu and the credit card number.
POLICY OF CANCELLATION
In case of cancellation, (minimum 72 hours in advance) a percentage of your estimation will be taken account attached to the credit card.
Our private room can accommodate up to 14 people.
Our second floor can accommodate up to 80 people. Fee will be charged for the privatization of the floor.
- Entertainment: At lunch, come enjoy our table d’hôte at $ 17.95.
- Cross Street: AVENUE DU PARC
- Public Transit: Transport en commun
10 minutes – Station métro Laurier
Autobus 51, 80 et 535
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: En voiture
Du Nord :
Autoroute 15 sud – sortie boulevard l'Acadie sud, Beaumont à gauche, avenue du Parc à droite, Laurier à droite
Du Sud :
720 Est – Sortie Université, Sherbrooke à droite, avenue du Parc à gauche, Laurier à gauche
A word from Laurier BBQ
The Laurier BBQ team is pleased to welcome you every day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Laurier BBQ reviews from OpenTable diners
- I will have to be convincedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2013I will have to be convinced to give it another chance...
- This old timer greatly benefittedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013This old timer greatly benefitted from the short (and disastrous) flirtation with British chef Gordon Ramsay - the premises have been spiffed up, the best items from the more comprehensive menu have been retained, and the old favourites have been improved. For instance, the BBQ chicken sauce - never a Laurier strength - has been fundamentally changed - mellower and more unctuous. My guests thought the dark BBQ sauce with the ribs was "just perfect". And we all loved the home-made vegetable and chicken noodle soups served in deep glass cups - just the thing for a cold blustery evening. The moka cake, served hot, remains a highlight. Although a neighbourhood restaurant, Laurier is also a standard-bearer for Montreal-style BBQ chicken.Special Features:
- Not very good at all. TheMonteverdeDined on 3/10/2013Not very good at all. The chicken was dry and the fries were cold. It used to be much better.
- Skip the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013This was my third visit in the past couple of years, though the first for brunch, and the first since it was renamed "1936". While I enjoyed diner in the past, brunch was terrible. For the price, I would expect homemade meats (bacon, ham) and potatos. Instead we got paper thin bacon and frozen, unseasoned potatoes.
- The dining room is nice, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012The dining room is nice, but the food surely doesn't warrant the cost. My $18 chicken sandwich and tiny salad was, honestly, not that much better than KFC. In fact, it mostly just tasted of salt.Special Features:
- So sad what has become ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2012So sad what has become of an old favorite I tried the fried chicken. It was burnt and the waiter argued that that was how they make it. Salmon salad was swimming in water they called dressing.too bad
- Laurier BBQ post Ramsey.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2012The food was one level up from the usual Montreal Chicken BBQ place which made eating there worthwhile. The service was great and the staff all seemed happy to be there. The only glitch was the Mac&Cheese side dish. It was cold and rather thick and sticky rather then smooth-possibly because of the low temperature. The males liked it the females did not. The seasonal Tortiere was excellent! We will return with our kids.Special Features:
- The food was ok, the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food was ok, the ambiance was ok but the music was loud and terrible. The service was excellent. They have an amazing 241 drink deal after 9pm which redeemed the restaurant!Special Features:
- Reservations not respectedFromMontrealDined on 10/20/2012We had made reservations for 7pm for a birthday party of 6 guests, but did not get our table until 7:55. We were seated at the bar in the meantime with nothing more than an apology from the hostess. We followed-up with her several times, as there was absolutely no pro activity on her part. After almost an hour of waiting, we clearly asked that drinks be offered to the birthday girl as some form of curtesy, but again the hostess did not follow up. It the end, when we finally got our table, the bartender/server caught on to our situation from overhearing our complaints. She offered drinks and took excellent care of us. I simply wonder: What is the point of making reservations if they cannot be respected?
- It was not a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012It was not a good experience. We had to finish our appetizers fast because our waiter was waiting next to the table with our main course 5 minutes after we were served. Good was cold in very hot plate!!! We were very disappointed with the overpriced of the food.
- 4th Time we bad a meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/20124th Time we bad a meal at Laurier BBQ and we love it!Special Features:
- The best roasted chicken youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012The best roasted chicken you can have in Montreal...Special Features:
- The food was terrible. I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012The food was terrible. I ordered the Crispy Chicken, which came with fries and a buttermilk biscuit. Every component was dry and overcooked. My guess is that the chicken had been baked in the breading several hours earlier in the day, then flash-fried to order, which left the breading extremely dry. The coating was also really thick. The fries were stale, dry, and too crispy. Finally, the biscuit was heavy and, again, really dry. To make matters worse, the meal was placed in a ridiculous cylindrical cone, making it impossible to eat. I ended up asking the server to bring me a plate so that I could eat the meal normally.
- We found this restaurant onMichaelVIPDined on 9/2/2012We found this restaurant on a whim. The roast chicken is fantastic, and accompanied by the best pomme frits.Special Features:
- Comment se fait-il que leOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Comment se fait-il que le service de réservation électronique n'est pas en français?Special Features:
- Old standby that was renovatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2012Old standby that was renovated about a year ago. The food and decor have indeed improved. Chosen appetiser (sliders) was not available. The opening of the wine bottle took a very long time, and the cork was broken while opening.Special Features:
- The best chicken place in the City.AubeyVIPDined on 8/8/2012I ate at this Rest. with wife. The service very good I would recommend this rest.to my friends and family. I will also be back to this rest. We both enjoyed the food very much and will be back.Special Features:
- Family celebrating special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012Great place with fun vibe and innovative menu. The cocktail and desserts were especially wonderful although the main dishes were less impressive but still very enjoyable. The chicken and rib combo was a hit with our group but the chicken crisps were a bust (the fact that the bones were not removed and the overall shape of the crisps made it difficult to eat and not very appealing). The salmon tartar was very fresh but lacked a little punch in the mix itself (the spicy oil surrounding the plate was ok). The desserts were all incredible, particularly the carrot cake and lemon meringue pie. The outdoor terrace was very charming and overall when you add service and ambiance made for a great night out. Would go again anytime!Special Features:
- Better beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Went there before when it was still associated with Gordon Ramsay and it was amazing. This time, it was pretty bad. Sorry for the comment but it is true.
- No longer neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2012French fries were a disappointment. Seemed to be the grocery store frozen kind. Club sandwich was very good but the BBQ sandwich was soggy and buns were not toasted as per info on menu. Had asked for sauce seperate with BBQ sandwich and had to return it since not the case. Used to be a great neighborhood restaurant but know of better BBQ restaurants in Montreal that fit the bill. Won't be returning.
- We went there in family forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2012We went there in family for Father's Day and we liked it. The service was really nice. Our waiter was attentive and very pleasant. The food was good, everyone seems to enjoyed it. I had the BBQ chicken with fries and was more than satisfied.Special Features:
- J'ai apprécié la fraîcheurOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012J'ai apprécié la fraîcheur et le calme, mais il était 14h30... dimanche... Service très agréable et de qualité, merci!
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2012We were quite disappointed with the new Laurier. The chicken my husband ordered was dry, our grand daughter's mini burgers were really poor. Grey meat, dry and tasteless, she took one bite. I took one too to see why she did not like her meal, and it was enough. My salmon was fine though, but this was one meal on three... Unfortunately, as much as we appreciated the old Laurier, we will not repeat our experience with the new one.
- Thanks to Laurier for a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Thanks to Laurier for a very good meal for myself and my 5 guests. Food was excellent and the staff were very hospitable.Special Features:
- The best Chicken rest. in MontrealAubeyVIPDined on 6/8/2012This was the first time I ate at Laurier 1936. The staff was very ateniff. To my order. I would recomened to my friends and fammily members too. I love the food at Laurier 1936. I will return to eat at Laurier 1936.Special Features:
- Nice place but don't sit inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Nice place but don't sit in a booth. The benches are too close to the tables and you feel like your sitting right on your table. The food was very salty, from soup to fries to chicken to ribs. We won't be running back.
- As an ex-Montrealers who wereePathologistDined on 5/21/2012As an ex-Montrealers who weree visiting, we thought to check out this old haunt since the 1950s to see the effect of its gentrification and former celebrity owner. It was a major disappointment that we will never repeat. The crispy chicken sandwich was worse than something from McDonald's: greasy, overcooked, on a stale bun, at a ridiculous price. Hardly any other diners, which should have been a clue to not stay. Sorry, but if you want traditional Montreal BBQ chicken, go to any St Hubert BBQ location.
- Food was good. French friesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2012Food was good. French fries excellent. Servive was friendly and excellent. Pricey for what you got.
- The chowder was a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2012The chowder was a pleasant surprise because most chowders are white; this one was good. The classic French Onion soup was very delicious. The pickle jar is one of my favorite things about Laurier 1936. The salmon on a plank was perfectly cooked and the chipotle chips were a nice touch. Smoked meat MacNCheese could have used smoked meat, but was very good. The mashed potato was very delicious in flavour and texture. The bavette was a bit of a letdown because it was not as good as the first time I had it. I was really looking forward to the same bavette the first time around. The cut seemed different and was much closer to medium than rare in the medium-rare spectrum. The mushrooms in the sauce accompanying the bavette were out of this world.Special Features:
- This place is WAY overatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012This place is way overpriced for a chicken place. The kids portions are a full blown ripoff, that was the smallest bowl of pasta I have ever seen for 12$. What does it cost them to put more than handful in there. "..your salmon comes with salad.." the waiter syas..HAHA! more like garnish... If you want to leave hungry then go visit this place.
- The (by glass) wine list isntOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012The (by glass) wine list isnt big enough. The deserts are simply outstanding.Special Features:
- Nous retournions au LaurierOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2012Nous retournions au Laurier pour la 2e fois depuis la réouverture. Je ne m'attendais pas à un menu élaboré mais bien que les classiques (rôtisserie) soient à tout le moins bien réussis ou maîtrisés en cuisine. La présentation des plats est soignée et originale mais la qualité du repas à notre table était inégale.
- jai commandé une poîtrineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2012jai commandé une poîtrine de poulet et elle était toute pourrie à l'interieure.de couleur noire et brune.on m' a donné une autre assiette comme si de rien n'était,sans explication,dans l' autre poîtrine,il y avait une toute petite ligne noireça m'a couper l'appétit!moi qui était une fan finie du laurier....depuis 42ans!cetait le 23 avril a 19h,on fermait les portes exceptionnellement a 8hrs pour renover la cuisine....alors que les frites etaient froidesmême lors de la deuxieme assiette,qu'elle a été le parcours de ce poulet cette journée là.?un seul tout va mieux ici?alors qu'on était rendu au café... soirée qui ma couté 71dollars! et j ai souper en rentrant à la maison.inacceptable et décevant!
- I wanted to see what all theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012I wanted to see what all the hype was about with this resto. It is a nice change from St-Hubert and Scores, but found the sauce to be too salty for my taste. I also found it weird that the waitress took away my plate while I was still eating...! I also do not get why people like the mocha cake so much.
- the food was ok not more thenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012the food was ok not more then that, and too expensive for what it was. We had the lunch deal. The legroom in the booth was very crowded. I kept bumping my knee into the table leg. The service was good.
- Good food. Probably, my expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012Good food. Probably, my expectations were too high.Special Features:
- Best service I've had in aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Best service I've had in a long time. Staff was very attentive and accomodating...Merci!Special Features:
- soup too salty but overall,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2012soup too salty but overall, excellent food and really good service ! Good moka cake that we took with us and ate at night, at home..It was good that we could take it with usSpecial Features:
- French please !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012À OpenTable: un questionnaire d'évaluation unilingue anglais au Québec, et même au Canada, c'est irritant !Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/22/2012Food has improved since the reopenning of the restaurant. Chicken is moist and full of flavor, salmon tartar and beet salad were delicious. Very disappointed with the service. Our waitress greeted us and then disappeared. There was no one to place our wine and drinks order with. There was literally no service.