4412 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurenzos.net/
- Phone: 7138805111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am Brunch -9:00pm
Wednesday 11:00am-9: 30pm
Thursday 11:00am- 10:00pm
Saturday 11:00am Brunch-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Domenic Laurenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Laurenzo's Family Catering Service has been serving the greater Houston area since 1949. We are dedicated in providing the Best Quality in Food and Customer Service. We provide the freshest ingredients to assure you that your Catered event is a success and leaves you worry free while you enjoy your family & guests. Call 713-807-8100 for more catering information
A word from Laurenzo's Restaurant
Laurenzo’s, Prime Rib Driving Motivation for success is to, “Treat our guests like Kings and Queens”. Our Daily goals are to provide the “Best Quality in Food and Customer Service”, as well as going the “Extra Mile” to create a delightful Dining Experience. Excuses will only prevent us from accomplishing our Goals, which is why we understand the importance of teaching our staff excellent Customer Service and the importance of reaching the Customers Expectations at every visit...We Want them to Enjoy Every Moment! Goza Cada Momento!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Laurenzo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)special occasion (94)good for groups (84)fit for foodies (80)great for lunch (76)great for brunch (45)kid-friendly (39)romantic (36)hot spot (31)notable wine list (20)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great staffPopeOilDined on 9/29/2014The staff is great and the food is good/great. Our server recommended the prawns and they were truly awesome.Special Features:
- Delicious- skimped on wine portionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014This is our 4th time at Laurenzo's and the food never disappoints. It's hard to "not" order the prime rib because it's so delicious. My husband ordered the shrimp and grits the time before & it was mouthwatering good! Our visit this last time would have been 5 stars, but I was really disappointed in the amount of (or lack of) wine they served me when I ordered it by the glass. Previously we've ordered by the bottle. I don't know if it was the last of a bottle or what but I saw others with their glasses more full yet mine was not & it was very noticeable. I love my wine & really see no reason for any restaurant to skimp on a by the glass serving. I didn't say anything, but should have because it really did affect my dining experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT food & dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The service from Ronald was VERY attentive and well-paced throughout the evening. My brother from out of town was also VERY impressed. Our Queso Beef and Guacamole w/prepared in-house chips appetizer, salad (honey lime vinaigrette--sooooo good!), Durango topped red snapper, fried seafood and baby back ribs were all delicious. Any requests/omissions regarding our food selections were promptly met as well. Though I'm not a regular, I make every opportunity to dine at Laurenzo's whenever possible and bring a family member or friend who has never been - so far, everyone has enjoyed the experience and returned. Upon leaving, another staff member (Michael) met with us to say goodbye. That was nice- the guests ARE appreciated at Laurenzo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at Laurenzo's a few times before and were quite pleased but this last visit was not as good. The food was good, but not special enough to drive from Richmond for. We had purchased a Living Social deal as did the couple we went with, specifically so we could go there together. The manager did not want to accept both our certificates because we were at the same table - seems petty as much money as they make off of us each time we go. She eventually agreed to accept them both, "this time only" so I will probably just go someplace closer to home next time, like Perry's.Special Features:
- Large Group SuccessknblackimDined on 9/27/2014We had a group that started out as 10 and ended up as 13 and they did a great job accommodating the group to include 8 separate checks. I speak for the group when I say that out of 13 meals all but one were outstanding. The last meal tasted great but was a pain in the butt to eat as it was stuffed prawns that were still in the shell and had to be destroyed to get the meat out. The range of choices selected included ribeyes, strips, filets, prime rib, pizza, prawns, chicken picatta and veal parmesan. We would absolute go back and particularly want to try the weekend brunch.Special Features:
- Great Variety - Good FoodButtercupDined on 9/27/2014The menu reflects creativity and a great variety of food options, from salads and sandwiches to prime rib and steaks. Great options for sides and add-ons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable mealRandSDineAlotDined on 9/27/2014We have a very nice experience. Simone was an outstanding server. He was friendly and engaging. The food was cooked perfectly and was very tasty. Although a little pricey the spinach artichoke dip is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysShariGVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoy our dining experience every time we eat at Laurenzo's. We especially love the fall when they have their pumpkin bread pudding for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat is not the sameVikingDaneDined on 9/25/2014Seems like they changed butcher meat has less flavor and prices went up
- KathyDined on 9/24/2014We discovered laurenzos a couple of years ago, this is our go to place to bring out and in town friends to. We haven't been disappointed with the food or the wait staff. The prime rib just can't be beat. The best.Special Features:
- Laurenzo's is my Favorite!UrbanFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014I am so glad that I decided to try out this understated restaurant on Washington Ave! Now, it's my favorite place to go. Probably the best seafood and steak in Houston, without the huge price tag. People might think that Laurenzo's is just a meat-eaters joint, but they have excellent salads as well. If you like seafood, it's the BEST. Try them, but make a reservation for the typically busy evenings. They have got it done right, even down to the bread they bring to the table: fresh and made locally. I haven't tried anything that I didn't like - everything they do, they do well!Special Features:
- First TimerknblackimDined on 9/22/2014We had seen the restaurant and heard positive things but never made it there. I friend from Pittsburgh, PA came to town so we gave it a try. The food and service was as good as any of the high end steak houses with so many more options and a more casual feel. The ambiance is that of an upscale sports bar but it is quiet and comfortable.Special Features:
- Sunday Late LunchGlennJVIPDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed and wonderful late lunch menu. Their service is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced Sports BarMediocreDined on 9/20/2014Laurenzo's was trying to be a higher class sports bar, but in the end just ended up being an over-priced one. The noise level was high, ambiance was standard and the food was extremely over-priced for the quality. Nothing special to return for.
- EdithgirlDined on 9/20/2014We have never been let down at Laurenzo's! Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Prime Prime Rib!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome Prime rib! So delicious! The shrimp and grits are also delicious! Other things on the menu look great, but hard to pass up the prime rib! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great atmosphere to have a birthday date/dinner. Food is great, staff are very responsive, healthful, and quick. Service is top notch!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.FgullerDined on 9/19/2014We come here often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to beatrainoutDined on 9/18/2014One of the best places I've ever eaten. The filet mignon is superb. Perfectly seasoned and cooked just right. The bread is delicious and we always enjoy the creamed corn and chocolate bread pudding! This time my husband tried the lamb chops -- not too thrilled with them, he said they tasted gamey…but I've never had a better steak! The service is beyond compare.Special Features:
- awesome brunchskayDined on 9/14/2014I love Laurenzo's Restaurant. It is always a wonderful dining experience. The food is excellant and the presentation. Alway's well plated and presented. I love my waiter/host. Is alway's so gracious and personable. I come for Sunday brunch and always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Having dined at Lorenzo's on several occasions, I was familiar with the menu; however, this was the first time we have tried the Prime Rib. My wife's piece was cooked to perfection, for her; mine was a little thin and a little on the rare side for Medium Well. The service was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodPamelaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always good! Prime Rib is there special! It is a great place for brunch. Quite a bit of variety with egg dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy DoorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We had reservations at 7:00 we were set by the door going out to the patio with waiters going in and out and the door was slamming very loud each time it was opened it ruined the ambiance of the whole night. The door needs to be fixed.Special Features:
- Cold foodUnhappyDined on 9/13/2014Well the steaks and baked potatoes showed up cold. We called the waitress over and informed her. She was very polite and took them away. Then the manager came over and asked us if we wanted them re-heated or if we wanted new ones. I was stunned. Re-heat medium rare steaks! I told him new. Well, the "new ones" came out and they were slightly warmer. By then we were exasperated and we ate them. The waitress came back and said our meal was comped. That helped but I have to tell you we were disappointed in Laurenzos. I think we will give it one more try but if they fail again that is it for this neighborhood couple. The restaurant is within walking distance.Special Features:
- Prime ribsDBestDined on 9/13/2014The best ever! Thanks to Living Social that introduced me to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Prime ribNoshNomNomVIPDined on 9/12/2014A group of us relocated from happy hour at a different steakhouse which didn't offer prime rib. (Which is somewhat astounding since it took the group less than a minute to agree on the new plan and we NEVER come to consensus that quickly). Personally, I find Laurenzo's suffers a bit of an identity crisis, with a mix of steakhouse, sports pub, Italian AND Mexican - but it does mean that there is something for just about everyone. I think some of the menu items are overpriced ($20 for tacos?!), but the pizza was large enough for 2 to split at around $13. The service was excellent, and all of the prime rib eaters roundly endorsed their entrees. Recommended for Prime rib, food variety and good service service - we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm Stuffed!!doxiemommaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Spinach artichoke is super yummy and a good sized appetizer. Salads are very fresh served in large portions. Prime rib is very good!!! Tender and flavorful....it's why you go to Lorenzo's. Veal Parmesan was very disappointing. Meat was tough for the most part and needed more tomato sauce. Our waiter did bring me more. Highly recommend the strawberry pie and definitely the key lime pie with whipped cream. Love it.Special Features:
- Unbeleivable Prime Rib!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014The prime rib is amazing and the best cream corn on the planet! We always enjoy our nights out here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it.FgullerDined on 9/9/2014We go bi-weekly and have never been disappointed. Keep my table ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime RibsPotreroDined on 9/8/2014My wife is a nut for prime ribs. She says the PR at Lorenzo's is the best she has ever has. Her medium rare was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, always consistentmikesopinionsVIPDined on 9/6/2014We go to Laurenzo's regularly, and enjoy the great variety and consistent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a let downrainoutDined on 9/4/2014We took some new people and the loved it! The service is always spot on. They've recently added strawberry pie to their already delicious dessert list..and it is delicious! But there's also the chocolate bread putting which is divine! But when you're ordering your meal -- don't forget to add the creamed corn! It's the best thing on the menu!Special Features:
- Excellent foodLovetoeatDined on 9/4/2014I was not expecting the extensive menu. It has everything from pizzas to seafood and steaks. The snapper and steak sandwich were scrumptious; we will definitely go. back. The manager stopped by our table 3 times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJeanDined on 9/4/2014We eat here at least once a year. Would go more but it is not close to home. Food always excellent as well as is the service! Having a discount coupon is a huge bonus because it is not an inexpensive place. They have killer frozen margaritas. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightBrettwellDined on 9/1/2014We have been to Laurenzo's for multiple occasions and are never disappointed in the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service yet!PangoDined on 8/31/2014This visit we experienced the best service that we have ever experienced at Laurenzo's. Our Waiter's name was Mark Anthony. Of course the food was outstanding...as usual.Special Features:
- Quality foodStruisvogelDined on 8/30/2014Laurenzo's food is consistently good and tasty. It is a little loud but in the booth that we had it was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evelyncDined on 8/30/2014The French Dip is great - I order it extra lean. The menu continues to improve and the food is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New spot to try outFoodFreakDined on 8/29/2014I had heard about this place via the radio about a year ago. It had always interested me, and I finally got a chance to try it out. We went during the "Houston restaurants week" which has a smaller menu, but I feel that it was hand picked to be their specialty items. The good was excellent and the wait staff were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and servicemikesopinionsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going for years. It's one of our favorite spots. Food is always top notch, and the waiters are super friendly and professional. The atmosphere is casual, which we prefer to the stuffier restaurants. You can let your hair down, and relax!!Special Features: