4412 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurenzos.net/
- Phone: 7138805111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am Brunch -9:00pm
Wednesday 11:00am-9: 30pm
Thursday 11:00am- 10:00pm
Saturday 11:00am Brunch-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Domenic Laurenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Laurenzo's Family Catering Service has been serving the greater Houston area since 1949. We are dedicated in providing the Best Quality in Food and Customer Service. We provide the freshest ingredients to assure you that your Catered event is a success and leaves you worry free while you enjoy your family & guests. Call 713-807-8100 for more catering information
A word from Laurenzo's Restaurant
Laurenzo’s, Prime Rib Driving Motivation for success is to, “Treat our guests like Kings and Queens”. Our Daily goals are to provide the “Best Quality in Food and Customer Service”, as well as going the “Extra Mile” to create a delightful Dining Experience. Excuses will only prevent us from accomplishing our Goals, which is why we understand the importance of teaching our staff excellent Customer Service and the importance of reaching the Customers Expectations at every visit...We Want them to Enjoy Every Moment! Goza Cada Momento!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Laurenzo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)special occasion (89)fit for foodies (85)good for groups (83)great for lunch (71)kid-friendly (45)great for brunch (40)romantic (33)hot spot (29)notable wine list (19)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great food, super servicerainoutVIPDined on 10/18/2014We always have the best service here. Our waiter was Tony and he was very friendly and helpful. He was always there when we needed him. The food was excellent as always, which is why Laurenzo's remains one of our favorite places in Houston.Special Features:
- RG41Dined on 10/14/2014My "large" fish fillet was very small. Disappointed.....Special Features:
- Outstanding Prime RibBeaglemeVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of Houston's Best restaurants for the traditional Prime Rib and baked potato !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNoeandAngieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Laurenzo's has always been one of our favorite spots. Great food, great serivce and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Dinner datewaynesworldtxDined on 10/11/2014This was our 3rd time to dine at Laurenzo's. The first two were for lunch during Restaurant Week - both were very good experiences, so we decided to go back for my wife's birthday dinner. I guess we were expecting a more elegant experience for the money, but what we got was just another lunch-type venue. The food was good, and we had a nice waitress, but there was nothing special about our experience at all. One definite plus, though - no valet parking !!! Plenty of self parking space on site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice peopleMCK1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Manager came of twice to ask us how we were doing. Very nice place. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Big DisappointmentTheBestCriticVIPDined on 10/5/2014Laurenzo's is the epitome of “below average.” The only shining light is their Prime Rib. Artichoke appetizer had nice smoky flavor. Caesar Salad was served room temperature. Baked potato was served with a meager amount of topping in a bread plate on the side. For desert the “Bananas Foster” were a big miss; definitely stay away from these. Finally to the service. We waited almost 15 minutes after we were seated before a waiter approached our table and said he was sorry for the way, but they were really busy; although empty tables were scattered through the restaurant. We ordered wine and the appetizer, he came back with Malbec, we order a Cab Sav. During dinner he was MIA for most part. All in all---Stay Away.
- Laurenzo' is always Great!!!kswestbrDined on 10/5/2014The food is always excellent! It is prepared exactly as ordered and if you ask to change it they are happy to comply.Special Features:
- Great food & service (get dessert!)FrugalFoodieDined on 10/5/2014Our party of two enjoyed a casual Sunday with delicious food (seafood pasta dish with different sauces). Both were excellent, and the seafood was fresh and not overly seasoned. Ronald was an attentive server; our appetizer, salads and meal were paced well. This is one of the few places where I don't feel rushed, and I can enjoy glancing at the game while eating. Unfortunately the Texans lost-- however our dinner was definitely a winner. I decided to try a different dessert this time (normal fave: Key Lime Pie....EXCELLENT). I went for the 'Texans red' dessert- Strawberry pie. This is NOT the dark, overly sweet red glaze with a few strawberries and a bland crust. Boy, oh boy...FRESH berries & AMAZING crust - now I have two faves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I love this place. I hate to give such a good review because I don't want to make it harder to get reservations. :)Special Features:
- My favorite for semi special eventsBrbbud99Dined on 10/3/2014Great for birthdays and the like, the steaks are pricey,but there are plenty of other wonderful choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Excellent, A Few MistakesJenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 10/3/2014Laurenzo's is a favorite of ours and we have always had excellent service and experiences. This visit was good but the service was not great. My order came out wrong and our server pretty much shrugged it off like "oh well". He did ensure that the kitchen corrected the order but never checked back after the correct fish made its way to the table, at which time my husbands fish was getting cold. Also, past out initial glass of wine we were left to pour our own wine. Not a problem, but it is a nice way to show attention to your guest. We will return because we love this place but I hope the service is better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation issue; otherwise greatbillynVIPDined on 10/1/2014I made an online reservation at the restaurant website to arrive at 7.15 on a Wednesday night. We arrived at 7.05 to find the parking lot full and parked on the street. The entrance area was full of people waiting. I told the receptionist that we had a reservation and she said she was sorry but they were full and to get in line. We went to the bar area and I ordered two drinks and told the bartender my story. She immediately went to the reception area, found the reservation, and in a few seconds someone arrived to seat us. Thank goodness for an alert and caring bartender.Special Features:
- Service Pleasedevonia58Dined on 10/1/2014The food is outstanding and I guess every one has a bad day, but I have a real problem paying 4 star prices for 1 star waiter. Trying to be positive, but the service was just flat bad. Many trips to Laurenzos and this is the first time I had a bad server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffPopeOilDined on 9/29/2014The staff is great and the food is good/great. Our server recommended the prawns and they were truly awesome.Special Features:
- Delicious- skimped on wine portionDineWithWineDined on 9/28/2014This is our 4th time at Laurenzo's and the food never disappoints. It's hard to "not" order the prime rib because it's so delicious. My husband ordered the shrimp and grits the time before & it was mouthwatering good! Our visit this last time would have been 5 stars, but I was really disappointed in the amount of (or lack of) wine they served me when I ordered it by the glass. Previously we've ordered by the bottle. I don't know if it was the last of a bottle or what but I saw others with their glasses more full yet mine was not & it was very noticeable. I love my wine & really see no reason for any restaurant to skimp on a by the glass serving. I didn't say anything, but should have because it really did affect my dining experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT food & dining experienceFrugalFoodieDined on 9/28/2014The service from Ronald was VERY attentive and well-paced throughout the evening. My brother from out of town was also VERY impressed. Our Queso Beef and Guacamole w/prepared in-house chips appetizer, salad (honey lime vinaigrette--sooooo good!), Durango topped red snapper, fried seafood and baby back ribs were all delicious. Any requests/omissions regarding our food selections were promptly met as well. Though I'm not a regular, I make every opportunity to dine at Laurenzo's whenever possible and bring a family member or friend who has never been - so far, everyone has enjoyed the experience and returned. Upon leaving, another staff member (Michael) met with us to say goodbye. That was nice- the guests ARE appreciated at Laurenzo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't be back.Disappointed1Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at Laurenzo's a few times before and were quite pleased but this last visit was not as good. The food was good, but not special enough to drive from Richmond for. We had purchased a Living Social deal as did the couple we went with, specifically so we could go there together. The manager did not want to accept both our certificates because we were at the same table - seems petty as much money as they make off of us each time we go. She eventually agreed to accept them both, "this time only" so I will probably just go someplace closer to home next time, like Perry's.Special Features:
- Large Group SuccessknblackimDined on 9/27/2014We had a group that started out as 10 and ended up as 13 and they did a great job accommodating the group to include 8 separate checks. I speak for the group when I say that out of 13 meals all but one were outstanding. The last meal tasted great but was a pain in the butt to eat as it was stuffed prawns that were still in the shell and had to be destroyed to get the meat out. The range of choices selected included ribeyes, strips, filets, prime rib, pizza, prawns, chicken picatta and veal parmesan. We would absolute go back and particularly want to try the weekend brunch.Special Features:
- Great Variety - Good FoodButtercupDined on 9/27/2014The menu reflects creativity and a great variety of food options, from salads and sandwiches to prime rib and steaks. Great options for sides and add-ons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable mealRandSDineAlotDined on 9/27/2014We have a very nice experience. Simone was an outstanding server. He was friendly and engaging. The food was cooked perfectly and was very tasty. Although a little pricey the spinach artichoke dip is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysShariGVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoy our dining experience every time we eat at Laurenzo's. We especially love the fall when they have their pumpkin bread pudding for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat is not the sameVikingDaneDined on 9/25/2014Seems like they changed butcher meat has less flavor and prices went up
- KathyDined on 9/24/2014We discovered laurenzos a couple of years ago, this is our go to place to bring out and in town friends to. We haven't been disappointed with the food or the wait staff. The prime rib just can't be beat. The best.Special Features:
- Laurenzo's is my Favorite!UrbanFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014I am so glad that I decided to try out this understated restaurant on Washington Ave! Now, it's my favorite place to go. Probably the best seafood and steak in Houston, without the huge price tag. People might think that Laurenzo's is just a meat-eaters joint, but they have excellent salads as well. If you like seafood, it's the BEST. Try them, but make a reservation for the typically busy evenings. They have got it done right, even down to the bread they bring to the table: fresh and made locally. I haven't tried anything that I didn't like - everything they do, they do well!Special Features:
- First TimerknblackimDined on 9/22/2014We had seen the restaurant and heard positive things but never made it there. I friend from Pittsburgh, PA came to town so we gave it a try. The food and service was as good as any of the high end steak houses with so many more options and a more casual feel. The ambiance is that of an upscale sports bar but it is quiet and comfortable.Special Features:
- Sunday Late LunchGlennJVIPDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed and wonderful late lunch menu. Their service is the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced Sports BarMediocreDined on 9/20/2014Laurenzo's was trying to be a higher class sports bar, but in the end just ended up being an over-priced one. The noise level was high, ambiance was standard and the food was extremely over-priced for the quality. Nothing special to return for.
- EdithgirlDined on 9/20/2014We have never been let down at Laurenzo's! Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Prime Prime Rib!DineWithWineDined on 9/20/2014Awesome Prime rib! So delicious! The shrimp and grits are also delicious! Other things on the menu look great, but hard to pass up the prime rib! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect Birthday dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great atmosphere to have a birthday date/dinner. Food is great, staff are very responsive, healthful, and quick. Service is top notch!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.FgullerDined on 9/19/2014We come here often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to beatrainoutVIPDined on 9/18/2014One of the best places I've ever eaten. The filet mignon is superb. Perfectly seasoned and cooked just right. The bread is delicious and we always enjoy the creamed corn and chocolate bread pudding! This time my husband tried the lamb chops -- not too thrilled with them, he said they tasted gamey…but I've never had a better steak! The service is beyond compare.Special Features:
- awesome brunchskayDined on 9/14/2014I love Laurenzo's Restaurant. It is always a wonderful dining experience. The food is excellant and the presentation. Alway's well plated and presented. I love my waiter/host. Is alway's so gracious and personable. I come for Sunday brunch and always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Lunchfun2dineDined on 9/14/2014Having dined at Lorenzo's on several occasions, I was familiar with the menu; however, this was the first time we have tried the Prime Rib. My wife's piece was cooked to perfection, for her; mine was a little thin and a little on the rare side for Medium Well. The service was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodPamelaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always good! Prime Rib is there special! It is a great place for brunch. Quite a bit of variety with egg dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy DoorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We had reservations at 7:00 we were set by the door going out to the patio with waiters going in and out and the door was slamming very loud each time it was opened it ruined the ambiance of the whole night. The door needs to be fixed.Special Features:
- Cold foodUnhappyDined on 9/13/2014Well the steaks and baked potatoes showed up cold. We called the waitress over and informed her. She was very polite and took them away. Then the manager came over and asked us if we wanted them re-heated or if we wanted new ones. I was stunned. Re-heat medium rare steaks! I told him new. Well, the "new ones" came out and they were slightly warmer. By then we were exasperated and we ate them. The waitress came back and said our meal was comped. That helped but I have to tell you we were disappointed in Laurenzos. I think we will give it one more try but if they fail again that is it for this neighborhood couple. The restaurant is within walking distance.Special Features:
- Prime ribsDBestDined on 9/13/2014The best ever! Thanks to Living Social that introduced me to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Prime ribNoshNomNomVIPDined on 9/12/2014A group of us relocated from happy hour at a different steakhouse which didn't offer prime rib. (Which is somewhat astounding since it took the group less than a minute to agree on the new plan and we NEVER come to consensus that quickly). Personally, I find Laurenzo's suffers a bit of an identity crisis, with a mix of steakhouse, sports pub, Italian AND Mexican - but it does mean that there is something for just about everyone. I think some of the menu items are overpriced ($20 for tacos?!), but the pizza was large enough for 2 to split at around $13. The service was excellent, and all of the prime rib eaters roundly endorsed their entrees. Recommended for Prime rib, food variety and good service service - we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.