4412 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurenzos.net/
- Phone: 7138805111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am Brunch -9:00pm
Wednesday 11:00am-9: 30pm
Thursday 11:00am- 10:00pm
Saturday 11:00am Brunch-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Domenic Laurenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Laurenzo's Family Catering Service has been serving the greater Houston area since 1949. We are dedicated in providing the Best Quality in Food and Customer Service. We provide the freshest ingredients to assure you that your Catered event is a success and leaves you worry free while you enjoy your family & guests. Call 713-807-8100 for more catering information
A word from Laurenzo's Restaurant
Laurenzo’s, Prime Rib Driving Motivation for success is to, “Treat our guests like Kings and Queens”. Our Daily goals are to provide the “Best Quality in Food and Customer Service”, as well as going the “Extra Mile” to create a delightful Dining Experience. Excuses will only prevent us from accomplishing our Goals, which is why we understand the importance of teaching our staff excellent Customer Service and the importance of reaching the Customers Expectations at every visit...We Want them to Enjoy Every Moment! Goza Cada Momento!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Laurenzo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (76)good for groups (74)great for lunch (68)great for brunch (44)kid-friendly (36)romantic (35)hot spot (23)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- awesome brunchskayDined on 9/14/2014I love Laurenzo's Restaurant. It is always a wonderful dining experience. The food is excellant and the presentation. Alway's well plated and presented. I love my waiter/host. Is alway's so gracious and personable. I come for Sunday brunch and always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodPamelaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always good! Prime Rib is there special! It is a great place for brunch. Quite a bit of variety with egg dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy DoorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We had reservations at 7:00 we were set by the door going out to the patio with waiters going in and out and the door was slamming very loud each time it was opened it ruined the ambiance of the whole night. The door needs to be fixed.Special Features:
- Cold foodUnhappyDined on 9/13/2014Well the steaks and baked potatoes showed up cold. We called the waitress over and informed her. She was very polite and took them away. Then the manager came over and asked us if we wanted them re-heated or if we wanted new ones. I was stunned. Re-heat medium rare steaks! I told him new. Well, the "new ones" came out and they were slightly warmer. By then we were exasperated and we ate them. The waitress came back and said our meal was comped. That helped but I have to tell you we were disappointed in Laurenzos. I think we will give it one more try but if they fail again that is it for this neighborhood couple. The restaurant is within walking distance.Special Features:
- Prime ribsDBestDined on 9/13/2014The best ever! Thanks to Living Social that introduced me to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Prime ribNoshNomNomVIPDined on 9/12/2014A group of us relocated from happy hour at a different steakhouse which didn't offer prime rib. (Which is somewhat astounding since it took the group less than a minute to agree on the new plan and we NEVER come to consensus that quickly). Personally, I find Laurenzo's suffers a bit of an identity crisis, with a mix of steakhouse, sports pub, Italian AND Mexican - but it does mean that there is something for just about everyone. I think some of the menu items are overpriced ($20 for tacos?!), but the pizza was large enough for 2 to split at around $13. The service was excellent, and all of the prime rib eaters roundly endorsed their entrees. Recommended for Prime rib, food variety and good service service - we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm Stuffed!!doxiemommaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Spinach artichoke is super yummy and a good sized appetizer. Salads are very fresh served in large portions. Prime rib is very good!!! Tender and flavorful....it's why you go to Lorenzo's. Veal Parmesan was very disappointing. Meat was tough for the most part and needed more tomato sauce. Our waiter did bring me more. Highly recommend the strawberry pie and definitely the key lime pie with whipped cream. Love it.Special Features:
- Unbeleivable Prime Rib!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014The prime rib is amazing and the best cream corn on the planet! We always enjoy our nights out here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it.FgullerDined on 9/9/2014We go bi-weekly and have never been disappointed. Keep my table ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime RibsPotreroDined on 9/8/2014My wife is a nut for prime ribs. She says the PR at Lorenzo's is the best she has ever has. Her medium rare was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, always consistentmikesopinionsVIPDined on 9/6/2014We go to Laurenzo's regularly, and enjoy the great variety and consistent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a let downrainoutDined on 9/4/2014We took some new people and the loved it! The service is always spot on. They've recently added strawberry pie to their already delicious dessert list..and it is delicious! But there's also the chocolate bread putting which is divine! But when you're ordering your meal -- don't forget to add the creamed corn! It's the best thing on the menu!Special Features:
- Excellent foodLovetoeatDined on 9/4/2014I was not expecting the extensive menu. It has everything from pizzas to seafood and steaks. The snapper and steak sandwich were scrumptious; we will definitely go. back. The manager stopped by our table 3 times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJeanDined on 9/4/2014We eat here at least once a year. Would go more but it is not close to home. Food always excellent as well as is the service! Having a discount coupon is a huge bonus because it is not an inexpensive place. They have killer frozen margaritas. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightBrettwellDined on 9/1/2014We have been to Laurenzo's for multiple occasions and are never disappointed in the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service yet!PangoDined on 8/31/2014This visit we experienced the best service that we have ever experienced at Laurenzo's. Our Waiter's name was Mark Anthony. Of course the food was outstanding...as usual.Special Features:
- Quality foodStruisvogelDined on 8/30/2014Laurenzo's food is consistently good and tasty. It is a little loud but in the booth that we had it was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evelyncDined on 8/30/2014The French Dip is great - I order it extra lean. The menu continues to improve and the food is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New spot to try outFoodFreakDined on 8/29/2014I had heard about this place via the radio about a year ago. It had always interested me, and I finally got a chance to try it out. We went during the "Houston restaurants week" which has a smaller menu, but I feel that it was hand picked to be their specialty items. The good was excellent and the wait staff were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and servicemikesopinionsVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going for years. It's one of our favorite spots. Food is always top notch, and the waiters are super friendly and professional. The atmosphere is casual, which we prefer to the stuffier restaurants. You can let your hair down, and relax!!Special Features:
- Just a commentGertieDined on 8/27/2014Removal of used eating utensils before next course would be more appealing. We were left with our fork & knife that we used on our salad to continue to use with main course. The waiter brought 3 small plates & spoons before our dessert, when I received my dessert the spoon that came with it was dirty when I asked for a clean spoon the waiter informed me he had given us other spoons referring to the 3 small plates & spoons he had set at the table previously. 2 of us ordered from the HRW menus. 1 of us ordered from regular menu. All courses came out at the same time except dessert. The HRW dessert came way before the other Dessert & the HRW dessert had ice cream which melted while we waited for the other dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseubnjtxDined on 8/26/2014First and probably not last visit. Service was prompt and attentive, not overbearing. Food was enjoyed by all including my brother who was visiting us. He was pleasantly surprise. Nice to find such an enjoyable restaurant with the wonderful ambiance, decor and food.Special Features:
- always amazing!rainoutDined on 8/23/2014This is my favorite place in Houston. The wait staff are so personable…we get a hug or handshake every time we arrive. The food is always perfectly cooked and delicious. We will not leave without having the creamed corn. AND the chocolate bread pudding is to die for.Special Features:
- Hoppin' placebooleyDined on 8/23/2014Very lively and energetic, a good cross section of society represented age-wise...Special Features:
- RON IS THE BEST!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We generally dine here twice a year. Father's day and our anniversary. We always ask for Ron. Food and service are impeccable!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an outstanding evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We brought some friends who had never been to Larenzo's and they loved everything - the food, the drinks, and our waiter was so cool and funny. They will be back as well as us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatFoodie99Dined on 8/21/2014The steak options were not good...I've never been to a steakhouse without a filet on the menu. The steaks on the menu were very overpriced. I settle for seafood--the ahi tuna, and it was very nice, but nothing special. The asparagus was awful...overdone and swimming in oil. The service was not great...our waiter kept gesturing for me to hand over the plate, and was generally not very attentive. Nothing was awful, but there are better places for the price.
- Great lunch with friendsBeingkatieDined on 8/21/2014As always great service and amazing food. First time to have the grilled artichokes. Definitely will get those again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quick meal for hrwOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014The beet salad was very good. I liked how the meals were brought out in a timely matter. Overall everything was good and would suggest it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks!HtownlatinboiDined on 8/20/2014If you want a good steak this is the place they make it exactly how you order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good prime rib but bad serviceSunroppiDined on 8/20/2014I went w/my friend for dinner and I ordered a bowl of clam chowder and mixed green salad while he had a prime rib dinner. Our waiter automatically splited the prime rib dinner and charged us a split plate fee. First, my friend never requested to split and it was awkward when the server brought two plates. We didn't make it a big deal until there was a charge on the bill. When we confronted the waiter why the charge and the menu doesnt show that. He said he gave us a bigger sweet potato and I didn't even eat/want that. He removed it but 'lectured' us since it's common practice that. I was furious when I heard that statement but didnt want to argue. Always meet your customers' requirements! We will not return.Special Features:
- houston54sunset54Dined on 8/20/2014We had an early reservation on a wed so it was quiet which was fine with us. The food was outstanding my hubby had the 20 oz prime rib because we like thick and we like leftovers. I had the shrimp and grits and it was to die for. Dessert was not that great we had chocolate bread pudding. Blah! Our waiter Dago was very informative and nice. We will be back in a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jp784Dined on 8/19/2014French Dip was great the first 1 time I was there, Second time it was just ok, Meat was rare causing very "mushy" texture so this time I decided on the Prime Rib Wrap. Again it was good, Portion was a good size and the Clam Chowder was excellent.Special Features:
- HRW LunchmarilybDined on 8/19/2014My friend and I ordered the beet salad because we love beets, it did not disappoint. Great dressing and a nice mix of melon, spinach, and endive with some candied walnuts, quite a treat! My friend next had the shrimp sandwich which she enjoyed, while I had the beef noodle salad. I really liked the salad, but I think it would have been improved with a little something to "kick up" the noodles, as Emeril would say. The desserts were fabulous. Our waitress was nice and unobtrusive. Only there when you needed her, as I like it. All in all, very pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unless your going groupon....DaSccopDined on 8/18/2014Food is good but prices are way off the mark unless your using groupon/living social/other for what you get. Nice family or business dinner place. Half off bottles of wine on Monday night(your only paying 2x actual bottle cost) is a decent deal
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014This is an great place for a business lunch, or if you want to catch a bite solo, pull a seat up to the bar and watch a little TV and enjoy a great meal. I usually do the latter, but recently I took a group with me and they all really enjoyed to choices. The soups are awesome and you gotta try the cream corn. You can thank me later.Special Features:
- Great as always.PaulDined on 8/17/2014Already making plans to head back in early September for Prime Rib. The Shrimp BLT is the bomb.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Mary11Dined on 8/16/2014This place was amazing! The food was great and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great time, every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Been there three times. I've had the NY Strip, Durango topping fish, and the Crab Etouffée enchiladas and all of 'em were awesome. Our waiter, Dago, was as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- raysmileysrraysmileysrDined on 8/15/2014The service was great. The food was good. The environment is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.