4412 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurenzos.net/
- Phone: (713) 880-5111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am Brunch -9:00pm
Wednesday 11:00am-9: 30pm
Thursday 11:00am- 10:00pm
Saturday 11:00am Brunch-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Domenic Laurenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Laurenzo's Family Catering Service has been serving the greater Houston area since 1949. We are dedicated in providing the Best Quality in Food and Customer Service. We provide the freshest ingredients to assure you that your Catered event is a success and leaves you worry free while you enjoy your family & guests. Call 713-807-8100 for more catering information
A word from Laurenzo's Restaurant
Laurenzo’s, Prime Rib Driving Motivation for success is to, “Treat our guests like Kings and Queens”. Our Daily goals are to provide the “Best Quality in Food and Customer Service”, as well as going the “Extra Mile” to create a delightful Dining Experience. Excuses will only prevent us from accomplishing our Goals, which is why we understand the importance of teaching our staff excellent Customer Service and the importance of reaching the Customers Expectations at every visit...We Want them to Enjoy Every Moment! Goza Cada Momento!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Laurenzo's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Heights / Washington ›
Laurenzo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (115)good for groups (93)special occasion (83)great for lunch (79)fit for foodies (79)kid-friendly (50)great for brunch (40)hot spot (30)romantic (28)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- BigjohncarpVIPDined on 11/24/2014The dinner with my wife was fantastic. The Chicken Picatta was great as usual. You can customize your order for the sauté spinach and the pasta to increase or decrease the amount of either. The Prime Rib is excellent, the baked loaded potatoe was a meal into itself. Wines on Monday night are half price on bottles. Worth going to get that deal alone. We have been going for over two years, it is very good every time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PRIME RIB!!FOODEPDined on 11/19/2014Laurenzos has a great menu for everyone...from Prime Rib to lighter fare, burgers and salads. Everyone can find something great on the menu. Service was terrific and our waiter was fun and very attentive.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch is AwesomeLuv2eatVIPDined on 11/16/2014I must admit that this place has become the 'go-to' place for group Sunday brunches. The food is well prepared, the service always friendly, the atmosphere is fun without being pretentious. Even though the Sunday football games are playing in the background (helpful to keep up with scores) the noise does not distract from enjoying lunchtime conversations. Strongly recommend the Old Cape Code brunch item as the crab is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Service was very accommodating of older people needs. Server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- What happened?AerfallyDined on 11/7/2014I have been coming to Laurenzo's for a while now -- over three years, and usually in groups of 3+. This recent visit, on 11/07/14, was bad. Our usual space city cut was very chewy and not tender at all. The music, albeit good, was waaayy too loud. Carrying on a good conversation while watching sports was very hard and unpleasant. Another person in my party complained that his margarita wasn't great and very difficult to drink through the straw. We come here for the amazing margaritas and the tasty steak! What happened? Also, the new menus look cheaply and do not fit the decor of the restaurant at all. If this continues, we will start going, and spending not inconsiderable amounts on drink and food, somewhere else. Disappointed.
- Unusually poor serviceSampsonVIPDined on 11/4/2014We have been regular customers at Laurenzo's, but the service this evening was very disappointing. Our server was either overworked or not on his toes. He was forgetful, inattentive, and just not available.Special Features:
- Always AwesomeCinCityVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our waiter, Ron, was amazing. He was personable & attentive without being over bearing. The meal was fabulous & so was the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Not Sure if I would go back, My baked pot was ice cold and so was my steak. The waitress Joy was Rude and not very nice. I went here to enjoy my first Anniversary ... let me just say ... WOW not at all what I expected from a place like this !!!Special Features:
- Nice local place but not cheapSarahMDined on 11/1/2014We love that you can make a reservation here and you do not have to valet park. Great options for seating, table or booth and booths are very roomy. The atmosphere is energetic and casual, the food is great and service wonderful. It is on Washington but not one of those trendy places, great local place to eat but beware that it is not inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovehrwDined on 11/1/2014The food was outstanding and the service was excellent! Tony was the best waiter!!! This was our first time and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Prime RibGregDined on 10/31/2014The Prime Rib is outstanding and the rest of the food is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerknblackimDined on 10/28/2014Made another trip here for my wife's birthday, just the two of us and her daughter. Food was great as always, service was no exception to our past visits and was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperiencekevboheadDined on 10/26/2014We are regular customers of Laurenzo's, and we LOVE this place. The food is outstanding, and the service is unparalleled. This is probably my favorite restaurant in Houston, and I feel sometimes like it's one of the best kept secrets of the neighborhood!Special Features:
- best steak in townrainoutVIPDined on 10/25/2014They may be known for their Prime Rib (which is excellent), but the filet mignon is the best I've ever had! It is always seasoned perfectly and so delicious. I can't leave this place without having the creamed corn…so tasty!Special Features:
- Always good!MmcyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Every once in awhile I need to have prime rib! And it's off to Laurenzos. We have been many times and it's always good. Last Friday was no exception, we sat outside on their patio it's a little noisy but it was a lovely nite. Our server, Renee, took great care of us. My husband and I each had the yellow rose cut medium rare and it hit the spot! One of these days I'm going to try something else...or not. Nice staff and great food- we will come againSpecial Features:
- Great food, super servicerainoutVIPDined on 10/18/2014We always have the best service here. Our waiter was Tony and he was very friendly and helpful. He was always there when we needed him. The food was excellent as always, which is why Laurenzo's remains one of our favorite places in Houston.Special Features:
- RG41Dined on 10/14/2014My "large" fish fillet was very small. Disappointed.....Special Features:
- Outstanding Prime RibBeaglemeVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of Houston's Best restaurants for the traditional Prime Rib and baked potato !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNoeandAngieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Laurenzo's has always been one of our favorite spots. Great food, great serivce and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Dinner datewaynesworldtxDined on 10/11/2014This was our 3rd time to dine at Laurenzo's. The first two were for lunch during Restaurant Week - both were very good experiences, so we decided to go back for my wife's birthday dinner. I guess we were expecting a more elegant experience for the money, but what we got was just another lunch-type venue. The food was good, and we had a nice waitress, but there was nothing special about our experience at all. One definite plus, though - no valet parking !!! Plenty of self parking space on site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice peopleMCK1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Manager came of twice to ask us how we were doing. Very nice place. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Big DisappointmentTheBestCriticVIPDined on 10/5/2014Laurenzo's is the epitome of “below average.” The only shining light is their Prime Rib. Artichoke appetizer had nice smoky flavor. Caesar Salad was served room temperature. Baked potato was served with a meager amount of topping in a bread plate on the side. For desert the “Bananas Foster” were a big miss; definitely stay away from these. Finally to the service. We waited almost 15 minutes after we were seated before a waiter approached our table and said he was sorry for the way, but they were really busy; although empty tables were scattered through the restaurant. We ordered wine and the appetizer, he came back with Malbec, we order a Cab Sav. During dinner he was MIA for most part. All in all---Stay Away.
- Laurenzo' is always Great!!!kswestbrDined on 10/5/2014The food is always excellent! It is prepared exactly as ordered and if you ask to change it they are happy to comply.Special Features:
- Great food & service (get dessert!)FrugalFoodieDined on 10/5/2014Our party of two enjoyed a casual Sunday with delicious food (seafood pasta dish with different sauces). Both were excellent, and the seafood was fresh and not overly seasoned. Ronald was an attentive server; our appetizer, salads and meal were paced well. This is one of the few places where I don't feel rushed, and I can enjoy glancing at the game while eating. Unfortunately the Texans lost-- however our dinner was definitely a winner. I decided to try a different dessert this time (normal fave: Key Lime Pie....EXCELLENT). I went for the 'Texans red' dessert- Strawberry pie. This is NOT the dark, overly sweet red glaze with a few strawberries and a bland crust. Boy, oh boy...FRESH berries & AMAZING crust - now I have two faves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I love this place. I hate to give such a good review because I don't want to make it harder to get reservations. :)Special Features:
- My favorite for semi special eventsBrbbud99Dined on 10/3/2014Great for birthdays and the like, the steaks are pricey,but there are plenty of other wonderful choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Excellent, A Few MistakesJenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 10/3/2014Laurenzo's is a favorite of ours and we have always had excellent service and experiences. This visit was good but the service was not great. My order came out wrong and our server pretty much shrugged it off like "oh well". He did ensure that the kitchen corrected the order but never checked back after the correct fish made its way to the table, at which time my husbands fish was getting cold. Also, past out initial glass of wine we were left to pour our own wine. Not a problem, but it is a nice way to show attention to your guest. We will return because we love this place but I hope the service is better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation issue; otherwise greatbillynVIPDined on 10/1/2014I made an online reservation at the restaurant website to arrive at 7.15 on a Wednesday night. We arrived at 7.05 to find the parking lot full and parked on the street. The entrance area was full of people waiting. I told the receptionist that we had a reservation and she said she was sorry but they were full and to get in line. We went to the bar area and I ordered two drinks and told the bartender my story. She immediately went to the reception area, found the reservation, and in a few seconds someone arrived to seat us. Thank goodness for an alert and caring bartender.Special Features:
- Service Pleasedevonia58Dined on 10/1/2014The food is outstanding and I guess every one has a bad day, but I have a real problem paying 4 star prices for 1 star waiter. Trying to be positive, but the service was just flat bad. Many trips to Laurenzos and this is the first time I had a bad server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffPopeOilDined on 9/29/2014The staff is great and the food is good/great. Our server recommended the prawns and they were truly awesome.Special Features:
- Delicious- skimped on wine portionDineWithWineDined on 9/28/2014This is our 4th time at Laurenzo's and the food never disappoints. It's hard to "not" order the prime rib because it's so delicious. My husband ordered the shrimp and grits the time before & it was mouthwatering good! Our visit this last time would have been 5 stars, but I was really disappointed in the amount of (or lack of) wine they served me when I ordered it by the glass. Previously we've ordered by the bottle. I don't know if it was the last of a bottle or what but I saw others with their glasses more full yet mine was not & it was very noticeable. I love my wine & really see no reason for any restaurant to skimp on a by the glass serving. I didn't say anything, but should have because it really did affect my dining experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT food & dining experienceFrugalFoodieDined on 9/28/2014The service from Ronald was VERY attentive and well-paced throughout the evening. My brother from out of town was also VERY impressed. Our Queso Beef and Guacamole w/prepared in-house chips appetizer, salad (honey lime vinaigrette--sooooo good!), Durango topped red snapper, fried seafood and baby back ribs were all delicious. Any requests/omissions regarding our food selections were promptly met as well. Though I'm not a regular, I make every opportunity to dine at Laurenzo's whenever possible and bring a family member or friend who has never been - so far, everyone has enjoyed the experience and returned. Upon leaving, another staff member (Michael) met with us to say goodbye. That was nice- the guests ARE appreciated at Laurenzo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't be back.Disappointed1Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at Laurenzo's a few times before and were quite pleased but this last visit was not as good. The food was good, but not special enough to drive from Richmond for. We had purchased a Living Social deal as did the couple we went with, specifically so we could go there together. The manager did not want to accept both our certificates because we were at the same table - seems petty as much money as they make off of us each time we go. She eventually agreed to accept them both, "this time only" so I will probably just go someplace closer to home next time, like Perry's.Special Features:
- Large Group SuccessknblackimDined on 9/27/2014We had a group that started out as 10 and ended up as 13 and they did a great job accommodating the group to include 8 separate checks. I speak for the group when I say that out of 13 meals all but one were outstanding. The last meal tasted great but was a pain in the butt to eat as it was stuffed prawns that were still in the shell and had to be destroyed to get the meat out. The range of choices selected included ribeyes, strips, filets, prime rib, pizza, prawns, chicken picatta and veal parmesan. We would absolute go back and particularly want to try the weekend brunch.Special Features:
- Great Variety - Good FoodButtercupDined on 9/27/2014The menu reflects creativity and a great variety of food options, from salads and sandwiches to prime rib and steaks. Great options for sides and add-ons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable mealRandSDineAlotVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have a very nice experience. Simone was an outstanding server. He was friendly and engaging. The food was cooked perfectly and was very tasty. Although a little pricey the spinach artichoke dip is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysShariGVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoy our dining experience every time we eat at Laurenzo's. We especially love the fall when they have their pumpkin bread pudding for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat is not the sameVikingDaneDined on 9/25/2014Seems like they changed butcher meat has less flavor and prices went up
- KathyDined on 9/24/2014We discovered laurenzos a couple of years ago, this is our go to place to bring out and in town friends to. We haven't been disappointed with the food or the wait staff. The prime rib just can't be beat. The best.Special Features:
- Laurenzo's is my Favorite!UrbanFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014I am so glad that I decided to try out this understated restaurant on Washington Ave! Now, it's my favorite place to go. Probably the best seafood and steak in Houston, without the huge price tag. People might think that Laurenzo's is just a meat-eaters joint, but they have excellent salads as well. If you like seafood, it's the BEST. Try them, but make a reservation for the typically busy evenings. They have got it done right, even down to the bread they bring to the table: fresh and made locally. I haven't tried anything that I didn't like - everything they do, they do well!Special Features: