7984 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurelhardware.com/
- Phone: 3236566070x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday thru Friday 11:30am-3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday thru Wednesday 6:00pm-11:00pm, Thurs thru Saturday until 11:30pm
Bar open till 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Alberto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can fulfill needs for multiple types of offsite parties.
- Entertainment: We offer a 2am full liquor license and an array of great late night music with DJs on occasion spinning anything from classic rock to old school hip-hop, indie, euro electro, and new wave.
A word from Laurel Hardware
We are a neighborhood restaurant bar with new american cuisine influenced by local flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Laurel Hardware - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Laurel Hardware reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (117)vibrant bar scene (115)hot spot (112)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (77)special occasion (38)great for brunch (37)romantic (33)late-night find (32)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (13)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Nice Ambiance - Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Beautiful restaurant and good food. However, was surprised that after making a reservation for 5 people we were going to be seated at a communal table. That just doesn't seem right... After requesting a different table, we waited 30 minutes and the host forgot about us. The overall service was SLOW! Took forever for appetizers to come out and one even was delivered at the same time as the meal. Ironically, all the hot entrees were served at the same time but the one salad entree was not... Had to ask twice where the salad was and people were half way finished with their food by the time it came out. Not acceptable. I'd go back if the service was better.Special Features:
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Sat in the back dining room. Beautiful view over the patio, buzzing bar. Most amazing food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic for a couple on holidayGeordieCoupleDined on 10/17/2014We got this reco from a local girl and we have l learnt always trust local knowledge. The place was buzzing, the food wad great and it had a really nice classy feel without being pretentious. Would definitely recommend it for couples or groups of mate's! 😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost greatJRobDined on 10/15/2014Dishes ranged from above average to excellent. Seating was less than optimal as we were placed at a crammed communal table, having previously always eaten outside or at a table. Overall a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a friendaminlaVIPDined on 10/15/2014A friend wanted to try Laurel Hardware for dinner, as he'd only been there for brunch. The food and service were excellent & we loved the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy hot spotMallardBuckleyDined on 10/15/2014Good food and ambiance. Great place to people watch and listen to the show business chatter. Hostess seemed annoyed that I was a party of one and quickly told me I could sit in the totally uninhabited front room of the restaurant or at the bar. I chose the bar. Some of the clientele are a little full of themselves. That's Hollywood!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Fantastic atmosphere and ambiance! Bar area and outdoor dining options were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elisereineDined on 10/12/2014Had a great time here with my husband and a couple friends! Only complaint was that one of our plates came out a bit slow and my husband mentioned that the tomato "jam" on the smoked bacon sandwich was really more like ketchup. Also it was too sweet and there was too much of it. All the cocktails were GREAT though. Bloody Mary game is on point, keep it up!Special Features:
- A bit overpriced but so much fun!MonicaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Came here for dinner with a friend on Friday night - we had such a great time! Honestly, the food was tasty enough but a bit overpriced for what you're getting (both in terms of quality and size). However, thanks to the great atmosphere and AWESOME service (our server Julie was amazing), we had a great time and would definitely come back! We might just split a pizza and the ice cream next time and stick to more drinks. On that note, we noticed the bar scene is a little on the older side (later 30s and well into 40s), but definitely kicking! We'd be back more to just hang out with our party and enjoy people watching in a fun, cute place!Special Features:
- Snobby StaffSandraDined on 10/11/2014I cannot remember ever being treated so poorly in a restaurant! We arrived for a 6 pm dinner reservation and the place was empty, yet our table wasn't ready. We proceeded to the bar where we purchased a bottle of champagne and other cocktails (we were celebrating). Our table was then ready but we were closing out so the hostess just left. Ok, guess we will just show ourselves outside. Nearly every table was empty. We sat down at a small table with 6 chairs. The hostess then huffed over and said, "You can sit here but you have to leave by 8!" Huh, ok, we will be gone, but talk about rude rude rude, we just bought a bottle! 10 minutes later a different hostess came back and said we had to move to a table in the corner. Gee thanks.
- Laurel Hardware "Nailed It!"EATxDTLAVIPDined on 10/8/2014This wasn't first visit but it was my best. Small plates were exceptional. Great Brussel sprouts. Amazing corn. Loved the squash pizza. And drinks were fab. Crystal was out server and was perfection in her recommendations. Great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous PatioTacoLoveDined on 10/6/2014Laurel Hardware still looks like just that from the industrial exterior. But, inside you will find a trendy dining experience with thoughtful decor, and a variety of seating options (front room, shared community table, patio). The patio is beautiful with the ambiance of lowly lit trees. The menu is updated frequently so the ingredients are fresh and seasonal. Our group tried everything from pizzas, to main courses, to side dishes, and ate every bite. Plus, the crafted drink menu is wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely surroundingsMS1712Dined on 10/5/2014We ordered a few dishes to share and every dish was more tasty then the next. We ate the scallops, brussell sprouts, cheese board, burrata, butterscotch dessert and they were all so delicious. As it was a Sunday night, there weren't as many servers on duty and the service wasn't great but it didn't ruin the evening.Special Features:
- So delectable....OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/5/2014I finally came here for Sunday Brunch with a couple of gal pals. One had been here several times for dinner, and the other, like me, it was a first time venture. Beautiful space. The front was small, but all very welcoming, comfortable back room and beautiful (but hot!) Patio. Perhaps THE nicest (and most Beautiful) Staff in all of LA. And then there was the food and drink. Not only did it all look great, it was all DELICIOUS! The portions were on the generous side, but was so bloody good, we each managed to clear our plates PLUS a shared side of fries. Skirt Steak with sunny-side up eggs, greens and grits... FANTASTIC. Chickend, biscuit and eggs? WOW! Morning cocktails and pressed coffee? Pefect. A truly wonderful meal.Special Features:
- We loved every bite!!KramonaDined on 10/3/2014If your a foodie you need to try Laurel Hardware. The brussel sprouts were sooo outstanding, we ended up ordering two helpings! The burger, the fish, the chicken we're all delicious. The cheese and fig plate was powerful on the palate as well. There was nothing in our group of four that we didn't like. Will definitely be back again and will love sit on their inviting twinkle-lit patio.Special Features:
- Poor Food but a MUST BarScene 2 seepiamomiaDined on 9/26/2014Had dinner here with a close friend, food is not even worth going back to but bar scene and outdoor ambiance for drinks/people watching definitely a place to frequent to. Food was poor if not almost intolerable but service was great, hey it's not the waiters fault if their chef can't cook right?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor seating optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/26/2014As with most foodie hot spots, my only real complaint is the lack of comfortable seating. If they are going to accept my dinner reservation, please don't offer to seat me on a sofa with a coffee table. That's not an appropriate spot to chow down. The one random table in the middle of the front room is also just awkward. Figure it out, guys...yank out all that extra bar seating and replace them with proper tables or better--booths. Your food is great, but getting a decent seat there always seems challenging, even when the requests for certain seating are made. The patio is great if you can get it...but it fills up fast, and there is no way to know ahead of arrival if your request will be honored.Special Features:
- Will definitely go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014This is a great place and doesn't look like much from the outside (which is cool) but the inside and rear patio were really great with a lively atmosphere. The food was delicious and our server was very nice. I like the fact that numerous servers presented us with food and drinks too as opposed to relying on just one person. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fun night outYolandaVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went for a friends 50th Birthday and Laurel Hardware delivered. Great food, good service and a hopping atmosphere. The Brussels sprouts were the best I've ever had. The average age of the crowd was younger, 25-40 with great energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed everything - however an issue with substitutions on the menu (the chef would not add gouda cheese to my egg dish). Overall I had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunch MenuHawktasterVIPDined on 9/21/2014Nice menu selection, good service and a great environment to socialize with friends. Eye candy ain't bad either!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch Fave but HotJVZdinesDined on 9/14/2014I love this spot, great food, cool interior design and patio but last Sunday with no air the interior dining area was miserably hot. Not sure anything could be done about it but it was difficult to enjoy the food and drink when that hot.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMexicanitaDined on 9/12/2014Loved the place and had a great time with friends! Very friendly staff!Special Features:
- Yep…had to come back.WendyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Yes this place is trendy. Yes the food is good. But what keeps me coming back is the manager who is very solicitous of everyone. (Even those of us who are slightly older than their 20-something demographic.) They are not resting on their trendy "laurels"…they get that for the long haul customer service matters.
- The Perfect Neighborhood Hang90210FarmgirlDined on 9/9/2014Everyone is made to feel welcome at Laurel Hardware. I hadn't been in 4 months but we were given a lovely table on the patio, just as requested. The manager Janine remembered me and came over to say hi. She sent us an extra appetizer to try and comp'ed an extra helping Lolipop Sprouts, which are by the way a must! The service was friendly, unscripted, and professional. Our server knew his stuff backwards and forwards. In an era of copycat menus and generic-looking "rustic" decor, Laurel Hardware is an original. No wonder it is ALWAYS packed. Its success is well-deserved.Special Features:
- SheLABritishsheilaDined on 9/7/2014It's great! Delicious and always em expected. Super service. Cocktails are as innovative as the food. Garden is exquisiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltyDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant was beautiful but Unless you like salty food I would say stay away my chicken breast tasted like it was full of salt my friends pizza was very salty as well I should've asked for a refundSpecial Features:
- Great recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We're from Australia and a local girl recommended your restaurant: she really picked a winner. We loved the food - it was a rich and subtle flavour experience. Great and surprising combinations. Beautiful waitresses also.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerFangVIPDined on 8/31/2014Only misstep was the pizza. The dough was 'dead'. Chef will understand that. Desserts were Good but not great. Brownie had an odd, almost bitter taste and budino had no discernible flavor but nice consistencySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deluscious13blackkittensDined on 8/31/2014Great atmosphere and unexpectedly chill for all that it's "scene-y", meaning celeb popular. You'll see stars but you'll be too busy enjoying good drinks and food to care. And in this town, anything that can turn your focus away from Hollywood and onto carbs is miraculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent outdoor diningmultipassDined on 8/31/2014This was my first brunch at Laurel Hardware, though I'd previously visited for dinner. The cocktails are delicious, but since I was the driver, I had only a sip of a friend's watermelon champagne carafe. The baked eggs with spigarello I ordered had a perfectly runny yolk, perfect for dipping the delicious sourdough toast. Sadly, the spigarello was nearly unrecognizable, though not surprising for a baked green. I tasted my friend's migas, and another's truffle scramble. Both were delicious: the migas in a junky morning-after kind-of-way, the truffle scramble in a powerful but balanced flavor kind-of-way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014just love this place! Finally a cool restaurant with a beautiful outside garden setting in town! Bravo Dean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steelegirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food is always terrific and the atmosphere is lively. Great cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, Great food.SobeDined on 8/30/2014I will definitely be back to Laurel Hardware. It was my neighborhood hardware store for years. I love that they kept the name and sign outside. The front of the restaurant has a very different vibe than the back of the restaurant and patio...I would recommend the back, cool decor. Food was great. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!cupcakeVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was great, the service was great, the atmosphere was vibrant, Beautiful people everywhere. I will be coming here more often.Special Features:
- AjvnstlVIPDined on 8/27/2014These guys should realize they were the ones that decided to be in the HOSPITALITY industry. I'm sure no one forced them to open this place. THEY were the ones who said "Hey lets serve people and cook for them" Given it three tries over the past year and not once have I not left frustrated and hungry.
- Outstanding service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We had a celebratory team meeting at Laurel Hardware and we couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable night. Highly recommend the patio dining, weather permitting.Special Features:
- AWCLA20Dined on 8/22/2014I've been here before and was pleased with the food and although I realize it's a 'small plate' menu, usually the proteins or bottom menu are enough for one. This time they were as small as the other plates - ex: the braised beef I order was equivalent to 3-4 oz. It had not been braised long enough or at a low enough temp. therefore was extremely fatty. I looked at my girlfriend and said 'there's no one to tell us we can't eat again tonight'...But after the $200 tab for a couple cocktails and a few bites I threw in the towl and waited for my breakfast.Special Features:
- VibrantmyjetsetterDined on 8/22/2014We had our reservation at 6:45pm but there were already a good number of people buzzing by the bar and seated at tables. The ambiance is chic casual and it seemed like most people had come straight from work. Our server was very attentive and incredibly pleasant. There's also the outside seating area that's really secluded from the hustle and bustle of Santa Monica blvd. I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- great ambiance food could be bettersamyVIPDined on 8/22/2014I loved the atmosphere, but the food wasn't great for the price and quantity. Small plates is I think a way for restaurants to get away with only $$ but you leave hungry unless you want to spend $$$. But the patio was great.. I'll be back for drinks and eat dinner elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.