7984 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laurelhardware.com/
- Phone: 3236566070x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday thru Friday 11:30am-3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday thru Wednesday 6:00pm-11:00pm, Thurs thru Saturday until 11:30pm
Bar open till 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Alberto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can fulfill needs for multiple types of offsite parties.
- Entertainment: We offer a 2am full liquor license and an array of great late night music with DJs on occasion spinning anything from classic rock to old school hip-hop, indie, euro electro, and new wave.
A word from Laurel Hardware
We are a neighborhood restaurant bar with new american cuisine influenced by local flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Laurel Hardware - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Laurel Hardware reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (111)vibrant bar scene (111)hot spot (104)fit for foodies (88)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (76)late-night find (38)special occasion (36)great for brunch (32)romantic (29)great for lunch (12)scenic view (10)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Poor Food but a MUST BarScene 2 seepiamomiaDined on 9/26/2014Had dinner here with a close friend, food is not even worth going back to but bar scene and outdoor ambiance for drinks/people watching definitely a place to frequent to. Food was poor if not almost intolerable but service was great, hey it's not the waiters fault if their chef can't cook right?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor seating optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/26/2014As with most foodie hot spots, my only real complaint is the lack of comfortable seating. If they are going to accept my dinner reservation, please don't offer to seat me on a sofa with a coffee table. That's not an appropriate spot to chow down. The one random table in the middle of the front room is also just awkward. Figure it out, guys...yank out all that extra bar seating and replace them with proper tables or better--booths. Your food is great, but getting a decent seat there always seems challenging, even when the requests for certain seating are made. The patio is great if you can get it...but it fills up fast, and there is no way to know ahead of arrival if your request will be honored.Special Features:
- Will definitely go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014This is a great place and doesn't look like much from the outside (which is cool) but the inside and rear patio were really great with a lively atmosphere. The food was delicious and our server was very nice. I like the fact that numerous servers presented us with food and drinks too as opposed to relying on just one person. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fun night outYolandaVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went for a friends 50th Birthday and Laurel Hardware delivered. Great food, good service and a hopping atmosphere. The Brussels sprouts were the best I've ever had. The average age of the crowd was younger, 25-40 with great energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed everything - however an issue with substitutions on the menu (the chef would not add gouda cheese to my egg dish). Overall I had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunch MenuHawktasterVIPDined on 9/21/2014Nice menu selection, good service and a great environment to socialize with friends. Eye candy ain't bad either!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch Fave but HotJVZdinesDined on 9/14/2014I love this spot, great food, cool interior design and patio but last Sunday with no air the interior dining area was miserably hot. Not sure anything could be done about it but it was difficult to enjoy the food and drink when that hot.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMexicanitaDined on 9/12/2014Loved the place and had a great time with friends! Very friendly staff!Special Features:
- Yep…had to come back.WendyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Yes this place is trendy. Yes the food is good. But what keeps me coming back is the manager who is very solicitous of everyone. (Even those of us who are slightly older than their 20-something demographic.) They are not resting on their trendy "laurels"…they get that for the long haul customer service matters.
- The Perfect Neighborhood Hang90210FarmgirlDined on 9/9/2014Everyone is made to feel welcome at Laurel Hardware. I hadn't been in 4 months but we were given a lovely table on the patio, just as requested. The manager Janine remembered me and came over to say hi. She sent us an extra appetizer to try and comp'ed an extra helping Lolipop Sprouts, which are by the way a must! The service was friendly, unscripted, and professional. Our server knew his stuff backwards and forwards. In an era of copycat menus and generic-looking "rustic" decor, Laurel Hardware is an original. No wonder it is ALWAYS packed. Its success is well-deserved.Special Features:
- SheLABritishsheilaDined on 9/7/2014It's great! Delicious and always em expected. Super service. Cocktails are as innovative as the food. Garden is exquisiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltyDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant was beautiful but Unless you like salty food I would say stay away my chicken breast tasted like it was full of salt my friends pizza was very salty as well I should've asked for a refundSpecial Features:
- Great recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We're from Australia and a local girl recommended your restaurant: she really picked a winner. We loved the food - it was a rich and subtle flavour experience. Great and surprising combinations. Beautiful waitresses also.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerFangVIPDined on 8/31/2014Only misstep was the pizza. The dough was 'dead'. Chef will understand that. Desserts were Good but not great. Brownie had an odd, almost bitter taste and budino had no discernible flavor but nice consistencySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deluscious13blackkittensDined on 8/31/2014Great atmosphere and unexpectedly chill for all that it's "scene-y", meaning celeb popular. You'll see stars but you'll be too busy enjoying good drinks and food to care. And in this town, anything that can turn your focus away from Hollywood and onto carbs is miraculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent outdoor diningmultipassDined on 8/31/2014This was my first brunch at Laurel Hardware, though I'd previously visited for dinner. The cocktails are delicious, but since I was the driver, I had only a sip of a friend's watermelon champagne carafe. The baked eggs with spigarello I ordered had a perfectly runny yolk, perfect for dipping the delicious sourdough toast. Sadly, the spigarello was nearly unrecognizable, though not surprising for a baked green. I tasted my friend's migas, and another's truffle scramble. Both were delicious: the migas in a junky morning-after kind-of-way, the truffle scramble in a powerful but balanced flavor kind-of-way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014just love this place! Finally a cool restaurant with a beautiful outside garden setting in town! Bravo Dean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steelegirlDined on 8/30/2014The food is always terrific and the atmosphere is lively. Great cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, Great food.SobeDined on 8/30/2014I will definitely be back to Laurel Hardware. It was my neighborhood hardware store for years. I love that they kept the name and sign outside. The front of the restaurant has a very different vibe than the back of the restaurant and patio...I would recommend the back, cool decor. Food was great. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!cupcakeVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was great, the service was great, the atmosphere was vibrant, Beautiful people everywhere. I will be coming here more often.Special Features:
- AjvnstlVIPDined on 8/27/2014These guys should realize they were the ones that decided to be in the HOSPITALITY industry. I'm sure no one forced them to open this place. THEY were the ones who said "Hey lets serve people and cook for them" Given it three tries over the past year and not once have I not left frustrated and hungry.
- Outstanding service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We had a celebratory team meeting at Laurel Hardware and we couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable night. Highly recommend the patio dining, weather permitting.Special Features:
- AWCLA20Dined on 8/22/2014I've been here before and was pleased with the food and although I realize it's a 'small plate' menu, usually the proteins or bottom menu are enough for one. This time they were as small as the other plates - ex: the braised beef I order was equivalent to 3-4 oz. It had not been braised long enough or at a low enough temp. therefore was extremely fatty. I looked at my girlfriend and said 'there's no one to tell us we can't eat again tonight'...But after the $200 tab for a couple cocktails and a few bites I threw in the towl and waited for my breakfast.Special Features:
- VibrantmyjetsetterDined on 8/22/2014We had our reservation at 6:45pm but there were already a good number of people buzzing by the bar and seated at tables. The ambiance is chic casual and it seemed like most people had come straight from work. Our server was very attentive and incredibly pleasant. There's also the outside seating area that's really secluded from the hustle and bustle of Santa Monica blvd. I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- great ambiance food could be bettersamyVIPDined on 8/22/2014I loved the atmosphere, but the food wasn't great for the price and quantity. Small plates is I think a way for restaurants to get away with only $$ but you leave hungry unless you want to spend $$$. But the patio was great.. I'll be back for drinks and eat dinner elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BritishsheilaBritishsheilaDined on 8/22/2014Everything about Laurel Hardware is a joy. The staff are excellent right down to the bus boys! The food is exceptional and exciting- hard to stand out in a town where all the food is good - but it does! The cocktails are delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingSheeeeVIPDined on 8/21/2014With my food allergies, they were much more accommodating than they were the first time I went there. This time, it was a normal and wonderful experience. Great server!Special Features:
- Great food, great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Food is very tasty & indulgent. The duck salad, beef shoulder, steak, fries & butterscotch dessert were all to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner again!santafeDined on 8/18/2014This was out second time here and we loved it both times. First visit we are inside by the bar and this time we sat outside. Loved both spots! Our waiter was awesome and food was too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kellyspiesDined on 8/16/2014Excellent wxperience--disappointed they could not honor my request for patio dining but all was pleasant!Special Features:
- UnexpectedBRAVO1017Dined on 8/16/2014From the outside you don't think much. Once you walk in and continue walking towards the back. It's a total unexpected Restaurant/Bar. Inside is rustic yet modern look and feel, Outside is just the same but with a touch of a Tuscan Courtyard with 3 big Olive Trees. Food is amazing and very reasonably priced. I found my new favorite Brunch place to go on Saturdays or Sundays.Special Features:
- Great ambiance-decor and locationLAuraDined on 8/15/2014Laurel Hardware has an excellent ambiance and greta location. Food is good but very pricey for the starters and salads. Salad and small plates are tiny, not good for sharing as you would think. Pizzas are great and good price. Drinks are a bit expensive, but you kind of expect that in a venue like this.Special Features:
- Fun Restaurant, Great FoodmatthewucsdDined on 8/15/2014I was not expecting the restaurant to be so huge or for there to be a patio and I was sure surprised when the hostess seated us at the patio. We sat at the communal table, which is fine when you aren't on a date. I wish you could request no communal table but oh well. The drinks were great and very unique. I highly recommend the Skinneas Fog and Fear & Loathing. The food was overall good but not amazing. Food is served when it is ready so you may get your food at odd times. One of our entrees arrived immediately after the appetizer and the other entree showed up 15 minutes later, which made for a little bit of awkwardness. Overall, a great place. Be warned, valet is $8.00 and it takes FOREVER to get your car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mita mitafoodcomaVIPDined on 8/15/2014The drinks are expensive and really chintzy on the alcohol. Two notable dishes were the summer corn with truffles and the duck confit salad. Both of those were excellent. The main courses were just okay. The steak was over cooked and tough. Good sauce though. The chicken had a strange texture and the spices on it were overbearing. The chocolate brownie had this "ice cream" on it that was hideously bad. All three of us spit the ice scream out. I didn't know you could screw up ice cream.Special Features:
- Great Place Lacks A Bit of AmbiencemanifrescaDined on 8/14/2014Pros: Great decor and outdoor patio. Delicious food and great staff. Cons as to why I would not frequent this place: Lacks ambience due to poor music choice or no music at times. A very low volume loungy house music would be perfect for the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014Fantastic food, great atmosphere always a pleasure to dine here. The only slight problem this trip was that it took 15 minutes after being seated for a server to appear.Special Features:
- I Love LaurelLADiner77Dined on 8/6/2014Great restaurant. We got great service and really enjoyed the evening. The ribs were delicious also the summer corn was a favorite. The lollipop sprouts were cooked to perfection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Laurel Hardware is a pretty amazing place. We had dinner and drinks, the food was good, but the cool thing is the ambiance, the whole place is full of people, good music and great bar area. Eventhough the place was fool, the service still was excellent and our plates didn't last long to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pass on this placerodeoVIPDined on 7/31/2014its pretty crappy. waited forever for a table and then got mediocre food. staff was nice but this place is not very good. so many better places to go in area.
- Not as good as it used to beSoutherndinerDined on 7/30/2014Drinks are still good and interesting, food seems to have taken a hit since the last time I was there. It's always way too loud and it feels like you are eating in a bar/club.Special Features: