127 11th St.
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelaundryrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (970) 870-0681
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Vicki Connacher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Laundry
Laundry is the latest endeavor from creative chef/entrepreneur Rex Brice. Located in the historic Soda Creek building, the home of the Steamboat Laundry from 1910- 1977, Laundry will feature Executive Chef Chris Randall’s award-winning food. Laundry’s delightful blend of Western charm and contemporary urban atmosphere are complimented by an eclectic beer and wine selection. The Americana themed bar features whiskeys, tequilas, and many tantalizing house infused vodkas. Gather your friends for creative food, handcrafted cocktails, and lively conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Laundry - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Laundry reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (20)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (15)hot spot (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- delicious casual fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014I loved this place! It's a casual and laid back restaurant with excellent food. I love the way this restaurant works, you order all your dishes and the food comes out the way the the chef thinks is best to really savor and enjoy the food. The idea is the share the plates of food so you end up trying a ton of different dishes. everything we ordered delicious. Notable dishes include the liver pate, the crispy pig ear fries and the short rib pasta. I highly recommend this place if you're in Steamboat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerYoungChildrenVIPDined on 1/25/2014Reservations highly recommended!!!!! LOUD, but great location and atmosphere! In and old brick building. Food was great, server was a bit slow on the water. Cheese and meat board was excellent. They even put a candle in the birthday desert. Will go again. NOT for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You know it's going to be good whenFoodTravelerVIPDined on 1/25/2014... you see the butcher's diagram of a pig on the front door! I wish many more cities and towns had chefs doing imaginative work like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2014Ana, our server, was knowledgeable in suggesting items and combinations from their unique menu. We ordered several small plates and we were wowed by the complexity and taste of each dish. It was a well paced, relaxing experience shared with friends.Special Features:
- Chef 's Choice Menu for Two: A MustLeighbVIPDined on 1/20/2014We like Rex's so much that we're working our way through their family of restaurants. Laundry is a complete hit with us! Rustic with a bit of Southern influence, in decor and menu. Locavore sourcing, many house-made items, delicately smoked items...all 5 of our dishes were distinct and showed off nuances of taste. Good Job! We selected the 5 piece Chef's Choice: Bergamot Tea-Crusted cheese w/ Tasso Ham slices, house-made pickles slices, delicate Cracker Crisps, gentle Hummus, Pear Salad w/ House-made Seasoned Fennel & Onion Slices, the Infamous Brussels Sprout Vegetable Hash, incredible Beef Cheeks. Service was personalized; no order-taking w/distant attitude here. We were led on a friendly & flavorful journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014This was our second trip to Laundry and we again has the chef's menu. Delicious 5 course meal at an incredibly reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2014This was our first time at Laundry on a recommendation from a family member. The decor was really neat, food was fantastic and lit server was very knowledgeable and friendly. Stand outs were the Beef Cheeks, Pastrami, and Hen of the Woods Mushrooms. Speciality cocktail was delicious and only $6! Would recommend to anyone visiting Steamboat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodie spot in SteamboatAmyCDined on 1/17/2014We dined here during a recent weekend ski trip. Interesting menu, and the food was great. Try the pig ear fries. The pork belly was outstanding, melt-in-your-mouth tender. Cured meat selection is decent.Special Features:
- ANOTHER fun time at Laundry!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/9/2014From the time we walked in the door on a Thursday night until we headed home, we were treated like a guest in a friend's home. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful, the food outstanding with interesting combinations and the cocktails an adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think Girl & the Goat ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014Great fun, small plate concept! This restaurant was the highlight of our Steamboat trip! Great food, generous portions for the table to share. Don't miss this delicious restaurant for a small plate fun, kind of night. It should also be mentioned, that the people that work here, love their jobs. They were very helpful in giving us tips on the ski area in general. I will return to this location on our next steamboat trip.
- The bane of popularityNeverEatsInVIPDined on 1/2/2014Because menu items are meant to be shared, dining at Laundry can be a lot of fun but at times a bit tricky (depending on individual dining preferences). The upscale trendy atmosphere and high quality inventive food have made this restaurant very popular especially with the well-heeled crowd. The most recent night we ate at Laundry the bar was overflowing and every dining table full. Perhaps that was why we were not seated until 45 minutes after our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun concept, excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2014Laundry has really good food and the staff are terrific. The small-plate, shared dining is fun and great for four to six people, but those little plates can really add up. Drinks are pricey too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquefoooDined on 12/31/2013The selection of dishes was unique, and all of the 5 or 6 we ordered were great. The restaurant's M.O. is to serve 2-3 small plates to each person. It works out well. The custom cocktails were good too. Most restaurants simply pour a bunch of sugar syrup, vodka, and some kind of flavored liqueur into a glass and slap the suffix -tini on the end. These were legit cocktails. You won't be disappointed with Laundry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Steamboat's Best PlacesccnonhippieVIPDined on 12/31/2013The food is awesome, and the drinks are even better!Special Features:
- We had an awesome time - everythingLacenDined on 12/31/2013We had an awesome time - everything was outstanding, food was incredible - service was really great. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My belly had a happy new year!dunnageDined on 12/31/2013We went to Laundry to celebrate new years. The food was scrumptious. They recommend sharing the plates of food so it's a great way to taste a variety of selections. I especially enjoyed the Brusselsprout hash and the trout. The waiter gave off a bit of a creeper vibe, but he didn't make any mistakes. They have wine happy hour on Fridays starting at $4.30 4:30 then the price goes up each minute. The food was so good, we went back another time while we were in the Boat. The food wasn't quite as good the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laundry is a keeperSkisteamboatDined on 12/29/2013This place is pure steamboat with its western ambience of old wood, beams and wooden floor. The bar is a work of western art. The food is wonderfully esoteric. The staff is friendly and attentive and are all truly invested in the success of the place. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Repeat VisitorsMorzDined on 12/27/2013We have NOT had a bad experience at Laundry! The food is outstanding and the recommendations on amounts has been spot on each time! We've gone as a couple and in groups up to 8 people. They have always accommodated us and the servers have been extremely pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful! A real gem in Steamboat... we hit Laundry every trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!pipereatsVIPDined on 12/26/2013Our group of 7 had a wonderful dinner at Laundry. Cocktails are fun and delicious. Service was excellent (thanks, Megan!). We shared everything and enjoyed every bite. Highly recommend the Rocky Mountain Trout (large plate) and the grilled pear salad, kale salad, and brussels sprout hash. Pickle jar and hummus are great first bites as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef w/ weak customer serviceCrzymndDined on 12/26/2013Overall this place has Very Good Food. Unfortunately, that exciting basic is clouded by poor customer service. Simple: "Welcome to…" was instead a curt: "can I help you"-like we were in the wrong place. Timing of the meal was poorly managed by the server, who also did not keep up with new plates/silverware. Delish trout and duck but they did not come out at in sync. "Dealing" the dessert menus onto the table felt rude and totally turned us off. If the attitude and connection had been playful it might have been ignored or amusing. Unfortunately, this was a rare time where we actually took the extra time to leave 15 rather than 20%-Very Rare. Our 12 year old son put it best…."The vibe was off, and there was no charisma from the staff".Special Features:
- Unique Experience!KimberlyVIPDined on 12/24/2013Dined here Christmas Eve with my husband and three boys after a long day of skiing. Our waiter, Don, was excellent and very knowledgeable about the unique menu. The items are all meant to be shared plates and the food is as local as they can get and many things (like the cheese and pickles) are made in-house. We tasted a little of everything, it seemed. Our favorites were the Shrimp POW POW and fried quail. We will definitely dine there again the next time we visit Steamboat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A salute to something different.DownEastDined on 12/23/2013Very creative menu and food presentation. Prices seem high for the modest portions but the overall experience was both interesting and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible MenumattVIPDined on 12/22/2013Laundry is one of the top restaurants I've been to in a long time. They just recently launched a new small plates menu and regardless of whether you like the item on the menu, if it's ordered, try it, you will like it. Everything beat all my expectations not just for a small ski town but for a big city too. Highly recommended. Cocktails were also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gourmet DinnerLindaDined on 12/19/2013extraordinary gourmet recipes, shared by the table so you get to experience multiple different foods. beautiful presentation. beautiful room, romantic dining. polite and friendly professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not Miss!!FitzDined on 12/14/2013ExcellEnt Food! WE Make Sure TO Rest There EveRy Visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutAchamberlainobDined on 12/12/2013Enjoyed every minute. Food was excellent, creative and perfectly prepared. Completely relaxed atmosphere, super attentive but not intrusive service. I tried the infused cocktail of the day, great! Stew a touch spicy for my taste, but many choices milder, and something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!jesidaDined on 11/29/2013A perfect meal for my boyfriend's 30th birthday- he loves delicious food and a well-mixed cocktail, and Laundry didn't disappoint! We had a blast with our server, Don, who told wonderful stories and told us what plates we shouldn't miss out on. Can't wait to come back the next time we're in Steamboat Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealthinkshiftDined on 11/29/2013a very nice time was had. creative menu. note- most menu items are small servings intended to be shared. enjoyed everthing, especially the sturgeon pastrami. would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good one!jhr2000Dined on 11/27/2013We have had a number of small group dinner at this restaurant managed by JJ. Excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!AmyMDined on 10/25/2013While on a mini-vacation in Steamboat Springs, my boyfriend and I had dinner here at Laundry. I had read about the restaurant in 5280 a few months before, and thought that we needed to give it a try. I would definitely recommend the chef's menu. It's perfect for two people and we devoured everything they put in front of us. Try the specialty cocktails, too. The blueberry lemonade is delicious. Low-key but romantic. Highly recommended for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different dining experienceSteamboatfoodDined on 10/25/2013Tried this place because of the eclectic menu, and it gave us a chance to try a a number of Colorado produced foods. Service was good, great drinks and wine list. The only dish we weren't pleased with was the shoestring potatoes, and they were removed from the tab. Wait staff is very knowledgeable about all the menu items, and are happy to explain it all! Colorado rouge cheese was excellent, wish it was available in the East!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 4 and good memoriessteamboatfoodieDined on 10/19/2013We ordered several apps, Pistachio Chevre,Tasso, Duck Prociutto and Butternut Squash Humus, after ordering a bottle of wine. Honestly the tastes were just wonderful! My Roasted Pear Salad was so delicious and perfectly dressed, I could have stopped there as I was pleasantly full but, we had each ordered an entre type dish and they were very good, we tasted each others. The service was efficient and not hovering. A really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dateBuzzDined on 10/12/2013I took my fiance here for a date and really enjoyed our experience. It was that too an experience. You don't just eat food but experience it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindtrynewfoodVIPDined on 9/29/2013This was our first time at Laundry and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We'll definitely go back. The food and hand-crafted cocktails were delicious. The wine list was eclectic and the wine reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting variety of differentJohnOKDined on 9/28/2013Interesting variety of different but very tasty food. A real dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing...again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2013Our third visit to Laundry....and it just keeps getting better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Laundry in Steamboat SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2013Great resturant - unique dishes. But I think they could executed a little better. The food is very simular to Cafe Vino in Fort Collins. This an off time in Steamboat - between seasons so to speak. My guess that during ski season the quality goes up a notch or two.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2013We were absolutely blown away by our last-minute discovery. Each dish was created with care and no details from flavor to plating were overlooked. Even more exciting is that this is an ever evolving menu changing seasonally but also with daily specials. I cannot describe how wonderful everything was. My advice- bring a group and share as many plates as you can. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef - pleasedRobbyVIPDined on 9/7/2013Pleased to see that the new chef is combining the old with new in a good way. Still missing the deconstructed philly cheese steak entree, but the gnocci with browned mushrooms and foie gras is an excellent addition! Michael and Stewart at the bar provide awesome service.Special Features:
- Great adventureKellsCoDined on 9/6/2013We had the opportunity to dine here this weekend and loved it completely...from the old building it resides in to the friendliness and knowledge of the staff made this a great dining experience...from the shoestring fries with duck fat powder to the crispy pork belly it was a fantastic night out..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.