Laughlin's Beef & Barrel
333 Franklin St.
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Laughlin's Beef & Barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laughlinsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7168426700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Laughlin's Beef & Barrel
Laughlin's Beef & Barrel is a hearty Bistro in downtown Buffalo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Laughlin's Beef & Barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Enoyable; not for the romantic1ofmyfavesDined on 4/20/2013It's in close proximity to anything you want to do in Buffalo. Nice menu, decently priced. Variety of people.Special Features:
- food was not as good as inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2013food was not as good as in the past. Grouper sandwich was served hot but fries where lukewarm to cool and not at all appetizing. That was a bit of a disappointment and maybe just a bad night, as all other times we have eaten at Laughlins (6+) the food has been excellent!Special Features:
- We love going to LaughlinsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2013We love going to Laughlins whenever we go to Sheas downtown. The food is always great, but this time the service was rather slow. We were rushed to get to the show on time.Special Features:
- The food was great and I gotmarmarDined on 12/12/2012The food was great and I got my food cooked to how I wanted. I definitely want to come back on a Fri or Sat night to check out the crowd and see how it's going. Will be back here for sure!Special Features:
- The restaurant was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012The restaurant was very nice and the food was delicious. The wine list was okay, but they brought the wrong bottle (we drank it anyway!). The waitress was training but the service was still really good.Special Features:
- Extremely slow service, serverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/6/2012Extremely slow service, server apparently lost our order.
- Nice atmosphere. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2012Nice atmosphere. Friendly servers. Good food - steak sandwich was awesome.Special Features:
- We were VERY disappointedKevinDined on 9/7/2012We were VERY disappointed in the food. The vegetables were bland, the chicken pasta was supposed to have cream sauce and didn't. Won't be going back. Such a shame because the building is great.
- I did like my entree. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012I did like my entree. I had the cowboy steak, delicious! The mashed potatoes could have used some work and could have been hotter. Stuffed banana peppers were so good!Special Features:
- Very good roast beef at oneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/21/2012Very good roast beef at one of Mark Croce's nice selection of Buffalo restaurants
- Great Dinner Spot Before Shea'sCharlieDined on 12/9/2011The food and service were great. The server was very accommodating when it came to splitting of entrees and getting us out in time for the theater. The only problem (and it was admittedly minor)was the hot tea was not hot and it had a metallic taste.Special Features:
- The sevice was good but IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2011The sevice was good but I think the hype on the food made me feel I was going to have great food. The stuffed peppers were cold, we sent them back and then the second try they still did not tasted cooked, they were hard and the filling had no flavor. The black and bleu chicken sandwich was not bad but just ok. I asked to add sauteed onions without the pepers and I was told I couldn't. The steak sandwich was good but the one at Bada Bings is 10 times better.
- had a great time on sunday,weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2011had a great time on sunday,we were seated on the third floor,it was great! the waitress Courtney? was terrific did a great job going up and down all those stairs. you really need a dumb waiter put in for those poor waiters/waitresses!!! food was great too. made the show in plenty of time. thank you!Special Features:
- A Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011My wife and I liked the ambiance once the theater crowd cleared out, and the food was very good. My wife had a large salad and a cajun shrimp cocktail, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I had a strip steak which -- while very tasty -- was somewhat tough and overpriced because of that. Fries were slightly soggy but OK. My small Caesar salad was great, however. I had a good pour on a martini and my wife enjoyed a few glasses of wine. Service was very attentive and our server was friendly.Special Features:
- Ordered steaks for dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2011Ordered steaks for dinner, asked to be cooked medium but were cooked well done, as well as poor quality of beef. Side dishes nothing to shout about - bacon ranch smashed potatoes were runny and steamed broccoli that was like eating raw broccoli. Very upset with quality of food for price.
- DisappointedJelaniDined on 4/10/2011The previous reviews I thought this would be a good place for a first date. The waitress forgot our drinks and admitted to it after 15 minutes of waiting. The food was okay, bot great, just okay. We sat upstairs and the staff was sitting at the bar eating their lunch, loud, book bags were out and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I would return there with the fellas, but not there again on a date.Special Features:
- On Valentines day, I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2011On Valentines day, I went with my gf and had the filet mignon wrapped in apple smoked bacon and topped with gorgonzola. I can honestly say that this was one of the best steaks I have ever tasted!!Special Features:
- Good Pub MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2011First time at Laughlin's. Would go again. Limited entree' selection, but varied. Good pub fair. Had NY strip and was very satisfied with my meal.Special Features:
- Our overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2010Our overall experience was great. That is the 1st time I had been to this restaurant and I loved it. The food and the service was excellent. I really loved the ambiance of the restaurant. I will def. be going back.Special Features:
- Delicious shrimp cocktail.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/27/2010Delicious shrimp cocktail. Service was good, food wasn't anything too special for Buffalo - but certainly worth the affordable price we paid. All and all, we shared an appetizer, an entree and a bottle of wine for about $50. Can't compain.Special Features:
- Laughlin's is a favorite ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2010Laughlin's is a favorite of mine. I always have a great experience and great food!Special Features:
- Great catch! Ordered the CajunOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2010Great catch! Ordered the Cajun Haddock; served with crisp, steamed asparagus...it was excellent. Our food was served piping hot and quite flavorful. We would like to have seen more seafood and vegetarian selections, however, it is named "Beef & Barrel" so no discredit to them! We ate on the 2nd floor level where it was dimly lit; very nice for a more intimate dinner with someone special. Certainly worth revisiting. Chris-n-AnneSpecial Features:
- One of my favorites. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2010One of my favorites. Food and ambiance always great!Special Features:
- The place has character. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2010The place has character. Very attentive wait staff, pleasant decor and ambiance. The food was pretty good, but initially received meat overcooked. (Possibly new or inexperienced line chefs?) The problem was addressed politely and promptly. Will probably visit again when in town to give them another shot.
- I love this restaurant. IBuffFoodie19Dined on 3/2/2010I love this restaurant. I usually get the chicken tenders everytime as they taste like they're just made and in a special batter. This week while I was there I ventured out and ordered a cheeseburger. It was too over done and burned black when I ordered it medium. Also the waitress was super friendly but did not know the specials that well as she told me they had potato cheddar soup and came out with cream of broccoli (which wasnt on the list) It would have been polite if she told me she made an error and they had cream of broccoli, because I would not have ordered it. Also, I ordered a mojito that came in an extremely skinny glass that was filled with all ice, not really worth the $8 they charged for the 2 sips i got out of it-no jokeSpecial Features:
- After two visits on our aniverseryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010After two visits on our aniversery Feb 14, and the year prior I felt as though the entre's lost thier apppeal. Appetizers were excellent ( Bisque & Cajun Shrimp ) but after tasting the entre I could have gone to Tops and preparred better. The steak was burned after ordering medium well and it came back well done. My wifes fillet was rare when ordered medium well and had to wait to eat until it was prepared correctly so that the both of us could enjoy together. The server seemed restless and overwhelmed as if she were at McD's serving the drive through. For $60 / person without drinks, I would recomend an alternative to this so called high class Buffalo bistro. Sorry,Special Features:
- This was my second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2010This was my second time at Laughlin's and again it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was wonderful, perfect lighting, plenty of space between tables (my biggest complaint with many other restaurants) and our waiter wasn't hounding us every 5 minutes but was still attentive. The menue was not the largest but had plenty of variety to choose from. The food most importantly was hot, as ordered with generous portions and most importantly very good. This was my second time at Laughlin's and we enjoyed it again and would highly recommend!Special Features:
- All aspects of this restaurant,CraigDined on 10/10/2009All aspects of this restaurant, from the service to the quality of the food, was the worst we have ever experienced in the Buffalo area. After we were seated, we waited over half-an-hour for the waitress to simply acknowledge our presence while she chatted away at a neighboring table about her law school experience. The filet mignon, which I ordered medium-rare and with ONLY sauteed mushrooms, was delivered to me well-done and covered in bleu cheese and bacon, without a mushroom on the plate. I sent it back, only to be served another well-done filet with cold, gluey, and tasteless potatoes au gratin and stringy asparagus. Obviously this is a restaurant that cares nothing about serving the public, and is bettter off simply closed down.
- We left before we ordered.ChowDined on 9/27/2009We left before we ordered. The hostess that sat us was indifferent to our being there. The waitress was confused and indecisive.
- We've been to Laughlin's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/24/2009We've been to Laughlin's several times, and the food has always been very good - and quite reasonably priced. On our recent visit though, our server was clearly "out of it" - forgetting not only my soup, but the diners right next to us! She never came back to check how we were doing, and seemed clearly annoyed that she had to work that evening. Her indifference ruined an otherwise enjoyable meal. Janelle needs to find another line of work (our waitress)Special Features:
- Awwwsome.........Little heavyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Awwwsome.........Little heavy on the rub but overall excellent steak including the shrimp appetizer. will recommend to everyone. Wine list best by far. First visit and will be back for our 7th aniversery 02/14/10. Great customer service. Need I say more, Chop House NOT..............Special Features:
- The food was pretty good.KellyDined on 1/10/2009The food was pretty good. The service was marginal. The server broke the cork in our $50.00 bottle of wine. She took it to the bartender, they did not have another one so we watched in horror as he attempted to fish the cork out of the bottle with a pen. He failed(we were planning on refusing the bottle anyway). We ordered another bottle and we opened it ourself. The killer of the evening came for me as we were exiting the resturant to wait for our cab. There is an enclosed entranceway. CLEARLY enclosed and the only entrance/exit to the building. As we exited there must have been 10 people smoking.You could see a cloud of smoke. I am completely offended that any owner would allow this, especially since this is the only exit/entrance.
- This place is a bar, not aTravelGirlVIPDined on 12/13/2008This place is a bar, not a bar/restaurant, a real bar-bar. The food was okay as long as we ate bar food but when we tried salad caprese the tomatos and cheese were old and tough - they even looked awful. The burgers and philly cheese steak were really good but the atmosphere was true bar, dark and cold with old beat up furniture. I would never go here again except prior to a sporting event or late night.Special Features:
- If you are looking for a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2008If you are looking for a great evening, including great atmosphere, terrific food and service, Laughlin's Beef & Barrel is for you! We were absolutely delighted with Jen, our server. (and we have high expectations!) The menu is quite varied - you'll find something that you'll love You better be hungry (or share between two) as the portions are huge! A great dining spot!!Special Features:
- Great place for lunch, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2008Great place for lunch, excellent beer selection from small brewerys provide interesting variety of pairings with your meal. Highly recommend the hand cut fresh fries, they are a delicious treat.Special Features:
- This was our first visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2008This was our first visit, and....we will definitely return!Special Features: