Montreal, QC H2Y2Z9Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aubergesaint-gabriel.com/
- Phone: 5148783561x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00-10:00 PM;
Thursday - Friday: 5:00-11:00 PM;
Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Émilie Rizzetto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Une destination gastronomique où que vous soyez.
Les échos des cuisines de l'Auberge retentissent maintenant à l'extérieur des murs ancestraux. Le Chef exécutif Eric Gonzalez mène cette caravane gastronomique et dépose sur votre table l'esprit de l'Auberge et sa douce folie culinaire.
Chaque repas mérite d'être un bon moment à partager, que ce soit un cocktail, une réception, un banquet ou un lunch d'affaires.
Un service de traiteur est aussi offert par "l'Auberge sur la route".
Pour plus d'information: http://aubergesurlaroute.com
- Private Party Facilities: L'Auberge Saint-Gabriel peut recevoir jusqu'à 600 personnes, dont 80 en salle à manger, 60 en terrasse et plus de 400 réparties dans ses 3 salles de réception fermées, réservées pour des banquets, mariages, cocktails dînatoires, etc... Ainsi que le Velvet, boîte de nuit de 130 places.
Les banquets sont offerts tous les jours de la semaine.
Toutes les salles sont équipées de matériel audio-visuel pour accueillir des conférences, des réunions d'affaire.
- Private Party Contact: Gaétane Baril 5148783561x
- Entertainment: L'Auberge Saint-Gabriel, en plus de son restaurant, offre un superbe espace bar-lounge pour prendre un verre autour d'un plat décontracté.
Cet espace est aussi ouvert pour le 5@7 les jeudis.
De plus, elle abrite l'un des lieux les plus prisés de la nuit montréalaise: le Velvet, place 'underground' dans laquelle se produisent les DJ internationaux de renom.
A word from L'Auberge Saint-Gabriel
Bâtie en 1688, l’Auberge Saint-Gabriel est un lieu chargé d’histoire. Aujourd’hui, cette institution est devenue un haut lieu de la gastronomie québécoise et l’une des destinations les plus tendance de la vie nocturne montréalaise. Alliant convivialité et modernité, l’Auberge Saint-Gabriel abrite un restaurant, un lounge, des salles de réception, un traiteur et une boîte de nuit. Ses propriétaires sont Marc Bolay, Garou et Guy Laliberté.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Auberge Saint-Gabriel reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)notable wine list (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great evening!NikvicDined on 8/16/2014We had a lovely dinner at Auberge St-Gabriel. The food was great as we shared a superb paella and a great Pinot Gris. What made the evening so special was the great service, which is not something you find in all Old Montréal establishments. Our friendly waiter was very attentive to our needs and the teamwork displayed by all staff who stopped by our table to bring a dish and/or engage in conversations with us made for a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLATDined on 8/9/2014Returned for our 40th anniversary. Wonderful food, even better service! No better place in Old Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Culinary ExperienceJoseadanVIPDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant is a must when visiting Montreal. My friends and I had a great meal. The atmosphere was perfect as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are changes good?NHFoodeesDined on 7/26/2014On our yearly trip to Montreal, we look forward to our annual dinner here. We have always had a creative meal orchestrated by the chef and his helpers in the kitchen. The wait staff are always very helpful with questions about the menu. This year was different, though the wait staff was as helpful as always, we were let down by the kitchen. The chef's that we had experienced in the past were very creative in pairing different foods together that you would think would not work. The new chef is still trying different combinations, but for us, it did not work. My wife’s dish was very bland and tasteless. This was one of Montreal’s leading restaurants in our opinion, and we hope that it manages to regain this standing when we return next year.Special Features:
- Great Spot in Old MontrealMeatguy1VIPDined on 7/22/2014Excellent eveing with great food and serice. Although I have been there before, and found this restaurant very good, they really have kicked it up a notch.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOrengoVIPDined on 7/12/2014Beautifully prepared and presented meal. Classic atmosphere, both in the dining room and outdoor courtyard.Special Features:
- As advertisedTewhillDined on 7/5/2014We went on recommendation of a local friend. Venue was upscale and lively. Food was at a high level in terms of both presentation and taste.Special Features:
- Hit and MissStampedeCityGuestsDined on 7/2/2014Our meal started with mini fish coquette that we were not expecting, I you don't like fish it could have been a turn off. The mushroom tart and the pear, parsnip and caramelized onion veloute were excellent. Our chateaubriand was perfectly cooked at medium-rare. We didn't realize that the chateaubriand had two courses. Unfortunately, they came one on top of the other, so we didn't have time to savour the first one. Also limp French fries were a poor accompaniment. We didn't have any desert, though the desert menu looked appealing. The ambience on the patio was nothing to write home about, The wait staff went out of their way to provide us with information about the fish croquette and the sommelier was incredibly helpful!Special Features:
- DisappointedMontrealerDined on 7/2/2014Have gone here several times and it was always great but this time. The food was just OK and the service was slow even though we told them we were going to a show.
- Classic Old MontrealSomegoodwhaDined on 6/21/2014The most outstanding feature here is the historical setting and building. The service was excellent and the food authentic & filling. A great experience overallSpecial Features:
- Amazing atmosphere and great foodPaigeVIPDined on 6/3/2014Was in Montreal on a business trip and we had three different people recommend this place for dinner. Went with my team and everyone loved it. Very cool decor, would be especially cozy and romantic in colder weather. Service was excellent...they were very accommodating of our limited timeframe (had a show to catch). The food didn't blow me away but I would still go back. I did hear that the Cornish game hen was delicious and probably the better choice over the halibut (they were out of the striped bass). Overall a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the L'Auberge Saint-Gabriel reviews archive.
- We will be backMrsMarronDined on 4/11/2014This was our second dining experience at this restaurant. The menu recently changed because spring has arrived so we could not order the same thing that we ate over the winter. Our food was fresh and delicious as usual. The service is impeccable, the sommelier is excellent, and the ambiance is as if you are in another time. We have recommended this restauarant to family and friends and we will continue to patronize the place for as long as it is standing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new chef... and you can tellOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014the chateaubriand was just a filet mignon one of the main course was missing... the transition dishes were really awful and should have never been serve the manager came to our table to apologize, it was a nice gesture, but we would have prefer decent food over apologiesSpecial Features:
- Night out in Montreal5StarDined on 4/4/2014Restaurant is located in an old field stone house in old Montreal. Inside there is a bar area, and a dinning room to the right. There is also a night club down stairs, and you can feel the music through the floor, but can not hear it. The dinning room is beautiful, with an open fire at the back wall, and windows along the front overlooking the street. Bare fieldstone walls, and exposed beams make you feel like you back in the 1700"s. It is a romantic setting, but due to the sound level from other tables it becomes less so. The Menu is limited, but the food is very good. We had a Chateaubriand that was excellent. Service is friendly, and attentive. I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charmante soiréeAmadeusDined on 3/14/2014Quel plaisir! Service attentionné. nourriture exquise, endroit charmant. Belles découvertes dans notre assiette ( un régal pour les yeux tout autant que l'estomac )Special Features:
- Best Tartare in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2014The food was amazing, quick and very professional service. Great discovery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely memorable mealWIshIcouldspeakfrenchDined on 3/8/2014We had a lovely meal at this gorgeous restaurant in old montreal. amazing ambiance. fussy but delicious food. (not huge quantities) It was a a big treat and expensive but excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKellyDined on 2/8/2014The food is too salty and dessert too sweet! The waiter make us feel like his in the rush when he served us! I heard good comments about the restaurant but very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Excellent discovery dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014We were a party of 4 and had reserved for 7:00 Pm. Tables are spacious and staff are attentive. We tried the discovery menu 8 services with the wine pairing ( 7 wines). Now mind you that this is a dinning experience and if you choose this menu, it will set your pocket book back a few bucks (160$ per person). The sommelier was friendly and knew his wines. And of course with this menu, you have to take your time to taste and enjoy the excellent food. We took 4 hours. Finally, every one had a great time and we enjoyed of evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superman68Dined on 12/26/2013je suis une de vos clientes depuis 2009, et le serai pour de longues années a venir.. tout est impeccable, service tres courtois, nous sommes super bien recu.. la nourriture est excellente, bref.. je vous donne plus que 5 etoiles... c'est de loin, un des meilleurs grands restaurants ou je suis allée jusqu'a maintenant.. continuez votre bon service. Une de vos fideles clientes.. Manon P.S. il serait bien que cette page ci serait en francais .. merci a vous xxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt the "designer" LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We felt the "designer" Lounge and Bar area to be tacky and somber, and the menu could have had more choice. We think the sommelier was knowledgeable but could not understand him as he spoke too fast and with too much detail (and we are french speaking). The food was great but pricy. Other restaurants in Montreal offer a better value for money and warmer ambiance.
- Just okGreekGirlVIPDined on 12/7/2013Setting looks very nice, with dining in a large room. The tables are set quite close to each other, and the noise level is very high. The food preparation looked excellent visually, but just ok by taste. The wine list is excellent, but there appears to be just one person doing the whole wine service, from selection to pouring... The staff was very pleasant. Overall, we left with the impression of just an ok dinner.Special Features:
- A dinner to rememberAjayDined on 12/7/2013Gastronomical delights, attentive service and wonderful ambience made our 30th anniversary dinner very special. Very knowledgeable sommelier had great recommendations. From the salad with marinated apples and maple syrup vinegarette to the juicy, tasty scallops and the perfectly cooked risotto, the food was excellent. Service was exceptional and the ambiance was lovely. The amuse bouches were delightful, coconut foam atop paper-thin radishes and cucumber sauce. Expensive, but worth it for a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!AlexDined on 11/29/2013Great service. We ordered lamb which was perfectly cooked but the beans were ok. I'd return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Nights Warm AtmosphereAtlantaVisitorsDined on 11/15/2013From the greeting at the door until the wave good bye L'Auberge Saint-Gabriel was a wonderful experience. We were visiting from Atlanta and swathe history of the location and wanted to check it out. It is everything written about it in atmosphere and more. The staff were attentive but discreet giving you time to enjoy without being rushed. The room was filled but still intimate. Oh and the meal was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Am I in France?MrsMarronDined on 11/15/2013There are no words to describe the quality of this restaurant. The bread is as tasty as France. The service is impeccable. The atmosphere is from another time. The sommelier was so helpful in pairing a perfect combination of wine for our food. The desserts were to die for and not heavy or filling. The waitress was from France and made us feel like we were her long lost family members. We highly recommend this restaurant and plan to go again. Expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in old townmpbgatorDined on 10/12/2013In searching for a romantic place for our trip to Montreal I came across L'Auberge Saint-Gabriel as a top restaurant to go to in Montreal. Typically places with good ambiance lack in the food department. However, L'Auberge did not lack in anything. From the service to the ambiance to the food, L'Auberge has it all. We had the steak for two and it was wonderful. The presentation was delightful and the service impeccable. I highly recommend for a special occasion or for a romantic night out. We will be back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le menu n'est pas très variéColePfiferVIPDined on 10/12/2013Le menu n'est pas très varié et j'ajouterais au moins 2-3 options de repas principal supplémentaires..il devrait également baisser leur prix de 15 %.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!love2eatDined on 9/28/2013It was an awesome experience. Food was excellent, service was great ambience was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Made us feel very specialsukibrccDined on 9/27/2013We knew the food would be good, and we weren't disappointed. The loveliest surprise was the service. They couldn't do enough to accommodate us, and all our requests were granted with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French cruising run by SwissCESLBVIPDined on 9/26/2013Excellent French and Quebec style cuisine in a cozy country inn style ambiance with, nethertheless, a state-of-art new age bar scene. It's Swiss owner Marc is present every evening, and supervises and manages the place like a Swiss clockwork. It is not the cheapest place in town, put you get more than you pay for - a place for excellent dining when you are ready to invest in a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but sooo worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2013We were a party of 4 and shared the foie gras, which was very good and enough for all 4. Had some surprises served to us between courses, which were enjoyable. Dessert was like nothing we've ever had. The whole meal was simply an unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- Great placeNanixzDined on 9/19/2013Love the decor and amazing food as usual!!! Totally recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReturningwjparkerVIPDined on 9/17/2013First ate here in August 1974 with my new wife and our best friends. First vacation ever since marriage in 1972. Incredible meal in an incredible building with an incredible history. Over the years as we have eaten here the food has varied from more simple Canadian food to the elegant food that is being served today. My wife and I ate here last year and the food was amazing. Took coworker and his wife (celebrating her birthday) here this week and the food continues to be superb. Two of us had lamb, which was perfect and the third had an excellent fish. I am returning to Montreal in November with my wife and we will definitely dine here. I cannot recommend it more strongly--everyone should try it and you will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambiance, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/17/2013We dined here on Saturday, August 17th. We checked the menu online to make sure there would be choices we would like. While the restaurant is really lovely, the menu was somewhat limited and didn't have some of the choices my husband was planning. The food we had was good--the charcuterie plate was generous enough to share. The waitress brought my husband (who can't drink alcohol) an alcoholic drink in error and when my husband pointed it out, the waitress just swapped it for a bottle of sparkling water. I felt the restaurant should have comped an appetizer or dessert, but didn't, and even charged for the bottle of water. The experience was less than we had hoped for as a result of that early drink mishap with a somewhat disappointing menu.Special Features:
- Great Food but Bee Hest NearbyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2013Food at Auberge St-Gabriel is very good. Possibly one of the best you can get in Montreal. A trendy place as well. Sommeliers seem very passionate about their work and describe well the different wines, although very pricey. Last time we went, a person in our group got bit by a bee that destroyed our last experience there. Their waiters seem inexperienced though. Their only explanation they had is that a Honey Nest was nearby and nothing was complimentary on our bill.Special Features:
- Great place!RumRunner65Dined on 7/18/2013My wife and I went there with three other friends. We had a wonderful evening. The location is right in the middle of Old Montreal. The setting is beautiful with a warm ambience. The food was excellent... all five of us loved both of our appetizers and mains, which were all different. The service was great. We would recommend this restaurant and would return ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly exceptional experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/2/2013We were in Montreal Old Port celebrating our anniversary and happened upon this gem. The food was exceptional and the service was amazing. They treated us like we were celebrities! Please go if you are anywhere near this beauty.Special Features:
- Menu adapté aux saisonsDiGradDined on 6/20/2013Un peu déçue de ne pas retrouver un dessert fabuleux au menu (bombe chocolatée en feu qui explose). Une des raisons qui m'y amenait pour impressionner ma fille et mon gendre pour leur graduation. Toutefois, menu bien adapté à la saison et qui tient compte des produits du terroir. Délicatesse lorsque ma fille n'a pas aimé son entrée et qu'on lui a échangé pour une salade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carte blancheTurgDined on 5/18/2013We tried the ''carte blanche'' and we've stunned by the suprises that chef Gonzalez had for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.