13630 Lord Fairfax Highway
Boyce, VA 22620Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laubergeprovencale.com/restaurant.html
- Phone: 5408371375
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday & Wednesday thru Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, French
- Executive Chef: Alain Borel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Join us in our Melon, Peach, or Blue room for your private party, dinner, or special event. Each room is spectacularly unique and fit for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Celeste Borel 5408371375
A word from L'Auberge Provencale
L’Auberge Provençale of the Shenandoah Valley is a Washington DC Bed and Breakfast Getaway in the style of a quintessential French Country Bed and Breakfast Inn. Celeste and Alain Borel, innkeepers of this Northern Virginia Luxury Bed and Breakfast Inn, have created a bit of Provence with award winning French cuisine. Enjoy Virginia Wine Country as you savor our five-course menu, which blooms into seven, with herbs and vegetables grown in this Virginia Bed and Breakfast's garden and a bounty of fruits in summer from our orchard. Our award winning wine list will help set the tone for a romantic Virginia weekend getaway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
L'Auberge Provencale - Best Restaurants in Boyce ›
L'Auberge Provencale reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (28)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (11)great for brunch (10)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- CreativeVoytekDined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for out of the ordinary presentation while still preserving a primary interest in tasting good, this heaven. Of the 10 or so dishes ordered or presented as additions by the chef, only one was disappointing, a slightly tough duck breast. Overall, one of the best meals I have enjoyed in Virginia.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Very unique and food was excellent. Many of the items on the menu were made with items from their local garden.Special Features:
- Classy excellenceSnowbirdDined on 8/15/2014We were able to sit outdoors on the lovely patio. We were accommodated when we ordered the 3 course price fixed meal; we substituted a salad course for the dessert. We ordered a VA local wine that was outstanding. Service was flawless. The homemade brioche, cornbread with bacon and the parmesan biscuits, truly incredible.Special Features:
- Another Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had a four course meal which is more like 6 courses. All well prepared, plated and designed. The food tastes wonderful. The service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary dinnergunner59Dined on 8/2/2014We recently ate at L'Auberge Prvencale while staying there for our 30th anniversary. We have had the opportunity to dine in many cities around the world and will remember this meal among the most special. The chef is creative and meal full of lovely surprises.Special Features:
- An anniversary dinner to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014We chose the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings for our 19th anniversary dinner and enjoyed every morsel and sip delivered to our table. The food was delicious, creative, perfectly timed and sized appropriately for a multi-course meal. The wine pairings were delightful as well. The wait staff provided both excellent service and a wonderful warmth and intimacy that truly added to the experience. We highly recommend L'Auberge Provencale. The food, ambience, and service can't be beat!Special Features:
- Great food, service, atmosphereDonnyDined on 7/6/2014Great brunch, good food, excellent service. Had dinner there a while back with friends. Dinner was excellent, so was the service. We were delighted they started serving brunch and was a great experience.Special Features:
- Creative French Modern CuisineCoryAndStefDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I spent a few days in the Shenandoah Valley for our anniversary, and had dinner at L'Auberge. It was quite expensive, but worth it for a special occasion. All of our choices from the prix fixe menu were incredible: fresh, delicate, very flavorful. The chef threw in a few extras, turning our 4 course meal into a 7 course meal. Presentation was very creative, and garnered some raised eyebrows from my husband. We loved it and may spend every anniversary at L'Auberge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredDined on 6/21/2014Inventive cuisine in an attractive setting which would benefit from a broader selection of wines by the glass...more California reds and some Virginia Whites, especially Viognier, would not go amiss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Superb food and Service. We definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and noisy roadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We were looking for a brunch in Northern VA and discovered this little spot. Since we were not guests at the B & B, we made the drive out just for a meal. Generally the food was tasty, though for the cost was expecting higher quality and better portions. Again, if the food was perfect the portions could even be overlooked, but was found lacking. Burnt bread, overpowering salt, blueberry muffins missing blueberries? Coupled with the road noise disrupting an otherwise pleasant outdoor atmosphere. The highlight for me was the chocolate delice dessert. Was it worth $50? Negative. The potential is there, but inconsistent food quality and poor location, sadly, just didn't make the drive worth it.
- A thrill in diningexcellencendiningplsDined on 5/26/20145 star in every way! Every single bite was excellent, creative, modern sophisticated yet comfortable and inspiring. A treat for any foodie or serious lover of great cuisine. Can't wait to go back!! Worth a drive for anyone from DC as well- (I live closer) and worth a stay. The staff is so welcoming and addresses your every whim. A jewel of a dining experience-similiar in tastes and creativity as the Inn At Little Washington. This chef is phenomenal. He has been there 4 months and has taken the restaurant to new heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentImhungryDined on 5/25/2014Food here was amazingly great! Can't recommend it enough!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Once AgainRickVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our third trip to L'Auberge Provençale and they did not disappoint. Delicious and eclectic food. Fresh veggies and a brilliant French sauces for the main courses. The desserts are equally special. We shall return!Special Features:
- A True DelightHuskyinDCDined on 5/23/2014A must visit for any lover of good food and absolutely worth the drive from DC. Exquisite, creative, and delicious menu and impeccable, non-pretentious service. We elected for the three-course tasting and left more than satiated, although wishing we had opted for the fourth course that included the foie gras. With a wine list of over 3,000 choices, including many half bottles, there's something for every palette. We look forward to coming back for many special, and not-so-special occasions!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2014outstanding cuisine and service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceCandyVIPDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed immensely dining at L'Augerge Provencal. From the moment we arrived we felt transported to France. Being in the Garden room was very special with the light from the setting sun. We ordered the Tasting Menu, and knew we would be having a very special evening from the first course. It was a delight to the eyes, and somewhat whimsical in creating food dishes to entertain us and feed us. Every course exceeded the previous one, and every bite was delicious. The breads were very good. The service was very kind and friendly. A very extraordinary and special evening.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining ExperiencetiumliDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day and had an unforgettable meal. The reviews we read before going were great and it exceeded our expectations. We have dined at places characterized as gourmet, but this is the first one where we felt it truly applied. It was a fun experience and not at all pretentious. It is pricey, but well worth it. Our four course meal was well paced. Although menu is not extensive, it offers enough for all preferences. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Staff's knowledge of the menu was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 137 reviews are from the L'Auberge Provencale reviews archive.
- Stunning!!luv2dineDined on 4/4/2014What beautiful, delicious, creative food! The dining room is pretty and comfortable and the staff is friendly and knowledgable about the food and wine they are serving. We wish we lived closer so we could visit more often.Special Features:
- Great Find in Out of the way AreaamooreVIPDined on 3/8/2014Really surprised to find such an inventive and great tasting menu in such a remote area. I loved the whole meal. It was very expensive, so we won't go back too often, but will certainly go once a season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableSuebeamDined on 2/22/2014We are never disappointed at L'Auberge Provencale. The food is very creative and delicious. The service is flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much $$ for qualityShenValleydinerDined on 2/22/2014We used to love this restaurant but the new chef is a let down. When I pay that much for a meal I expect it to be one of the best restaurant meals I have had and this simply was not. The chef pays more attention to gimicky presentation of the food than to preparing a high quality, great tasting meal (such as the portobello infusion made tableside in what the owner even said reminded her of a fourth grade science experiment). This was a very disappointing experience and as much as we used to love this place I'm sad to say we won't be back. When you charge those prices you only deserve one chance to get it right.
- Great food and service, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Great food and service, but it is very expensive. However, I would highly recommend trying it on a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, just lovelyMaryDined on 1/31/2014I brought my grown daughter here for her birthday. Everything was wonderful! From the service to the food to our fellow diners singing Happy Birthday, the evening was a success. The chef even brought out a special dessert basket for her birthday and it was amazing. The macaroons were simply incredible. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a memorable celebrationSGhcDined on 1/29/2014A friend who loves good food was turning 70, so we made a reservation to take him to L'Auberge. The folks there quickly followed up on my note that it would be a birthday celebration, asking how they could help make it memorable. We were there midweek, so almost had the place to ourselves. The staff was solicitous and most patient with our endless questions about the unfamiliar on the menu. Deciding from the choices was quite a challenge, since all sounded so enticing. We let the birthday boy pick his preference from the dessert options, and the chef arranged a wonderful chocolate Birthday Card as part of it, to the delight of the recipient. I'm sure he much preferred that to the standard birthday cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A northern Virginia must visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2014Escape the beltway and head West. Great ambiance, excellent food, and excellent service.We will be recommending this Inn to our friends visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ill probably never go back.JaepDined on 1/25/2014Ill probably never go back. Way too expensive for the lousy food served. (I used to be an avid loyal fan of this place also, having gone there numerous times over the past 20 years)Special Features:
- romantic getawayRubyDined on 1/18/2014We ate at Lauberge during our 2 night stay in January. It was a fantastic meal. We did the chef's tasting menu which had plenty of "hits" including the portobella dish which took a page from Breaking Bad with their use of a chemistry set to infuse the broth with the flavors of the mushroom and herbs, the squash soup which was light but creamy at the same time, and the lobster, which while slightly overcooked was delicious and accompanied by a fabulous melange of vegetables. The beer selection, while limited, was great, including duchesse de bourgogne and a delicious bourbon barrel stout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive but worth itrazorburtVIPDined on 1/17/2014One of the finest restaurants in the Mid-Atlantic. The price nearly doubles with two or three alcoholic beverages, however. The night of my experience, and that is what it is, it was all about presentation....carbonated soda and egg nog prepared with your assistance at the table... a mushroom and herbs emulsion cooked at the table in a Bunsen-burner style tea maker... and, my favorite - a beaker full of wood smoke brought to the table so you could prepare a sprig of rosemary inside the beaker for swirling in a fantastic soup. It was all so entertaining. Sadly, it ended with a quite bland and totally sweetless dessert.Special Features:
- Special, specialMitchDined on 1/4/2014I took my wife to dinner here to celebrate her birthday. The outstanding restaurant started first with contacting me to ask if we had any food allergies or dislikes (wonderful). The restaurant is gorgeous, the setting is country-wonderful, there were fires in the fireplaces and the food and service was outstanding. I fully recommend this restaurant for any special occasion!Special Features:
- Absolutely LOVED this restaurant.Unusual2DislikeDined on 12/27/2013We highly recommend this restaurant. The food is amazing and while the portions appear small, we left so full we couldn't have eaten another bite of anything. The service is impeccable and unusual in this day and age. The whole meal is definitely an experience and well worth the trip! The service just puts it over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We each tried something newOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/26/2013We each tried something new and the meal was a wonderful surprise. In between courses, the resturant staff provided us little bite-sized things to try. These items came with intersting packagings. They have a very extensive wine list, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePalchukDined on 12/21/2013Truly a most memorable experience. From food, presentation and service along with charming country ambience we will never forget it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening with coworkersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013We dined at L'Auberge Provencale with a group of 5 female coworkers for our Christmas gift to each other. It is an outstanding culinary experience with extremely reasonable prices for the quality of the food and overall dining experience. It is elegant without being pretentious. Very comfortable and an atmosphere where you are comfortable laughing and truly enjoying the company and food. We hope to eat there again and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-of-the-line French restaurantlkjhgfdsaDined on 12/5/2013Great place for a romantic dinner, either by itself or as part of a stay at the bed-and-breakfast. 3 or 4 course dinner, with various intermezzos as well. Very good overall.Special Features:
- Absolutely the best anniversaryfit4akingANDqueenVIPDined on 11/30/2013Absolutely the best anniversary dinner my wife and I had. She said this was the best anniversary celebration we have had. I give my highest recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerJohnBDined on 11/28/2013What a wonderful experience and the food exceeded our expectations which were set high.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantfoodie1Dined on 11/28/2013The atmosphere at the restaurant was very relaxed,as you were welcomed with the allure of a warm fireplace and an entourage of friendly staff. The food was delicious, exquisite and expertly prepared. I opted for the four course dinner and was pleasantly surprised with the flavors of each dish. Overall, great experience at L'Auberge and am recommending that all my friends visit their restaurant and B & B in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary CelebrationmwpepperDined on 11/17/2013My husband and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. We made the reservations on line. Within 15 minutes of completing the online reservation, the restaurant called and asked if we had any food allergies or requests. Wow!!! When we arrived, we were seated in the yellow room. There were other couples there. All were celebrating their anniversaries also. We got a printed menu with the title "Happy 40th Anniversary " on top. Everything was perfect. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner W/ Superb PairingsReneeVIPDined on 11/10/2013My husband and I celebrated a delayed 23rd wedding anniversary. We had great food, excellent pairings and A-one service. I highly recommend the place and stay over if you can so you can just continue to bask in the glow of a great dinner. Wish the Inn had a room for the nights we wanted but don't let that stop you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.