L'Auberge Chez Francois
332 Springvale Road
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Auberge Chez Francois
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laubergechezfrancois.com/
- Phone: 7037593800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jacques E. Haeringer
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from L'Auberge Chez Francois
Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez François, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez François is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez François a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
L'Auberge Chez Francois - Best Restaurants in Great Falls ›
L'Auberge Chez Francois reviews from OpenTable diners
451 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (403)romantic (358)fit for foodies (235)great for outdoor dining (185)notable wine list (169)scenic view (116)great for lunch (111)neighborhood gem (97)great for brunch (67)good for groups (57)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Best Restaurant in D.C. AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014Their stellar reputation is well deserved after all these years. There aren't enough superlatives to describe this fine restaurant. The service, food and ambience are outstanding. The consistency of the experience is outstanding. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. Everything you could wish for in a fine dining experience. Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This is the restaurant we go to whenever there's a special occasion and we want to great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French countryside charmechcpa1Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday on Friday evening in almost perfect weather. We were seated in the garden in the gazebo on the far side of the patio which provided a lovely panoramic view of the patio and gardens. The food was wonderful as I've always expected it to be. I splurged on sweat-breads as an appetizer and plump expertly sautéed soft shell crabs. Our salads were made with tomatoes from the L'auberge garden, as were the haricot vert which accompanied our entrees. We were presented with flutes of champagne for our toasting and a lovely ice cream meringue with one candle which accompanied our peach melbas. It was a lovely evening graciously served by the L'auberge staff. This restaurant never fails us. Thank you.Special Features:
- Still Great!GJC99Dined on 8/14/2014I have been coming to L'Auberge Chez Francois for many years for special occasions, and it is still wonderful. The food is outstanding. I particularly like the items fresh from their garden like the tomato salad. The service is attentive but not intrusive and the atmosphere is quiet and romantic. The outdoor dining is particularly nice when the weather is good.Special Features:
- Disappointing food choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/20142 of us in our party ordered the lamb tenderloin entree, cooked to medium. Both were very dry, only a hint of pink. The plum tart, for years our favorite, was not up to par. The fruit was dry & overly sweetened. We have being enjoying Chez F. for over 40 years, both downtown and in Great Falls. For the first time, we were disappointed. The overall service & ambience was outstanding as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio diningMaryDined on 8/13/2014We ate outside on the patio and it was lovely. Of course it was a gorgeous evening as well and that added to the ambience.
- First TimefcsegabDined on 8/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dining outside in a very pretty garden. Enjoyed most of the courses. Services and welcoming attitudes were great. Would definitely give the food a second try and find what I would like better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Best special occassion restaurant we've been to in a very long timeSpecial Features:
- Chez FrancoisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014This is without doubt one of the very best places for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- The Very BestSeafood4meDined on 8/12/2014It was our 48th Anniversary and we wanted the very best DC has to offer. This has always been our favorite but they really out did themselves. It was an excellent evening, great food, and such service.Special Features:
- Still Number OneGoodRoweDined on 8/10/2014The very best destination for special dining continues to be L'Auberge Chez Francois. Their commitment to the highest quality ingredients and their perfection of food preparation combine with the highest level of personal dining service to make this our favorite restaurant for all special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceKathyDined on 8/10/2014Always the best!!! Food, service and selection over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburban classeasterner1Dined on 8/10/2014Five of us came for Sunday brunch, and to commemorate our son's anniversary. We come to L'Auberge with some regularity. Everyone praises the desserts, and they are right. (Just remember that two of them must be ordered with the meal.). The wine list is excellent, and features some fine Washington state reds, from good vintages. The service was personalized, responsive, and professional. Like some other diners, we wished one meat courses to be rarer, and the restaurant brought a substitute, and a round of champagne, in apology. Some reviewers subtract a star for being pricey; they should know the price before coming. Per-glass wine prices are some of the best anywhere, given then quality. In short, we will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secete GardenEricDined on 8/9/2014L'Auberge Chez Francois is my wife's and daughter's favorite restaurant. Although there is no children's menu, we have been taking my daughter there since she was 4. She hasn't been alone - children seem to enjoy and well behaved in this setting. We particularly favor watching the hummingbirds in the patio-garden when the weather is favorable. A great place to make an impression and to celebrate special occasions, and an excuse to create many more such occasions.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding!BillDined on 8/9/2014Great ambiance matched if not exceeded by the quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- A ClassicFRClassicDCDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant has been in business for many years and is a Washington D.C. classic often used for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries etc. Classic French cuisine with a fixed course menu with many selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!NickDined on 8/7/2014Lunch on the terrace was beautiful! Food is definitely "real" French and wonderful. The staff is friendly and welcoming -our server was friendly and professional. Highly recommend for any and all occasions or just for a "French holiday"!Special Features:
- Great! Hasn't lost it's touch!EdPearDined on 8/6/2014Hadn't been back in years (it's a little bit of a hike for us) but the restaurant was as wonderful as we remembered. In Great Falls, but you feel as though you are in a French country inn when you are there. Fabulous food (and lots of it, with the multi-course menu), drinks, and ambience. I am still thinking of the garlic bread, tomato salad, and my lime tart. Service is old school and superb -- especially stands out in this day and age.Special Features:
- Excellent Place to Dine and EnjoyBlinkyDined on 8/6/2014Good food and always a hit for a good meal, consistently. Highly recommended for all occasions.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014The food and service were great. In my OpenTable reservation, I noted that this was my 25th Anniversary but the restaurant must not have seen the note, since there was no acknowledgement of our special day. The only things I would change are the uncomfortable seats (wicker seats with a chair pad) and the gravel parking lot (not great for ladies in high heels). Decor could be upgraded but I guess it is has that vintage French restaurant feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRaysRemarksDined on 8/3/2014I had been to L'Auberge Chez Francois a couple of times but my wife of 23 years had never been, somehow we just never got there although we talked about it many times. So, after a rough couple of months looking after in-laws I finally tried for a reservation on our anniversary and found an open time. We went and had a wonderful experience and plan on doing it again. We both highly recommend this restaurant for its ambiance as well as for the wonderful dishes that they serve.Special Features:
- Heaven on a plateSherfDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at this wonderful restaurant. We have been here several times over the years and it never disappoints. Our server Jose was outstanding and enhanced our dining experience. I had a melt in your mouth foie gras for my appetizer, followed by in house garden grown heirloom tomato salad. My entree was a combo seafood dish in a luscious champagne sauce. Since it was our anniversary they brought an extra surprise dessert before the real one. I had my usual chocolate soufflé which was so fantastic that I almost cried when I ate my last bite. My husband started with the wagyu beef cheeks app, followed by the heirloom tomato, then halibut and spinach in puff pastry. For dessert he had bread pudding.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014Planned to come for dinner, but rescheduled for lunch. What a treat! Food was great, service was attentive but not rushed. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- N. VA DINING & REPARTEE SOCIETYCCSidgwickDined on 8/3/2014Our group meets for lunch or dinner several times a year and this was our second visit to Chez Francois. We could not be more pleased. The food is great, the service is attentive and unobtrusive, the setting is lovely, and the value is extraordinary for the meal that you get. We will certainly be back for many more meetings of the NVDRS!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed the service food and ambiance while we celebrated our 34 wedding anniversary. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningGunnerDined on 8/2/2014a most wonderful meal in a relaxing setting food was outstanding. Highly recomend to anyone, service there when needed discreet when notSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We have been to this restaurant before and have never been disappointed. The staff is attentive and the surroundings are beautiful. It was raining so we chose to sit inside but the patio dining would be good as well. The patio decor is very pretty and lush. The food as always is presented beautifully and was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Mr. and Mrs. DaskilabellevieDined on 8/2/2014We Love Chez Francois To Celebrate Our Wedding Anniversaries. The Food, The wines, And The Service Are Absolutely Outstanding.ONe Just Can't Go Wrong There EVer!!! Merci Infiniment. Le Dejeuner A Ete Magnifique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Elegant, PerfectFoodloverVIPDined on 8/1/2014A tucked away gem in northern virginia. It was a special date night for us and from the exterior to the interior it's just romantic! Exquisite food and a wide range of options on the wine list. Wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nocookVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our special evening was made even more so by the outstanding staff and service. Of course,without question the food was superb. Several dishes served were made from fresh ingredients from their garden . Meats were cooked to perfection . A welcoming respite in which to feed one's soul as well as one's appetite!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerNewplace2tryDined on 8/1/2014We tried L'Auberge for our anniversary and were not disappointed! Wonderful food and wine, and even some complimentary champagne with dessert. While it is pricey we will definitely be back for special occasions!Special Features:
- Still fabulousDineoutalotVIPDined on 8/1/2014I recently had the opportunity to introduce yet another group of friends to the delights of Chez Francois...of course it did not disappoint! Pricey? Yes! Worth every penny. YES! We ate a luxurious meal upstairs overlooking the hummingbird-filled courtyard, and then drifted down to Bar Rouge for another hour or so of conversation in a more relaxed environment. Any season, any time of day, you simply can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I came here for a special celebration with 8 other friends. Everything about our lunch was perfect--the service, the ambience, the food. It's our go-to place when we want to let friends or family know they are very special!Special Features:
- localsDined on 8/1/2014We have visited often. Our first visit was to the downtown location and it has been our favorite for years. Now as we are retired we like to visit for lunch from time to time. It is always a great experience. This last visit was top notch in all respects; food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Well Worth ItluvagreatmealDined on 7/30/2014L'Auberge Chez Francois offers an outstanding dining experience. The staff is attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. The food is excellent, well selected and well prepared and presented. The decor is colorful yet tasteful. Perfect for a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary.Special Features:
- nice foodJoelDined on 7/27/2014Nice place and food. Lunch will be a good choice since dinner is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful CelebrationLou79Dined on 7/27/2014It had been a few years since I had last visited L'Auberge Chez Francois, but it was just as wonderful as ever. Delicious food, attentive and charming waitstaff and little touches that make you feel welcome. I wish I lived closer to enjoy their gardens and the Bistro.Special Features:
- RichRichDined on 7/27/2014Always a special treat to go this restaurant, the staff is attentive, they do not in any way try to rush you to "turn over" the table. Food preparation and presentation is always wonderful. The staff is helpful in any way you may deem necessary. It is truly worth the money spent. We have been going to this restaurant for 30 years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the PriceGlad2BhereDined on 7/27/2014Skip the Inn at Little Washington - this is a local gem for your special occasion. Celebrated wife's 70th Birthday in the Patio Garden, in one of their two dining gazebos - perfect for a party of 6 but it was just we 2. Lovely view of the entire charming and colorful patio dining area, gardens, fountain and statuary. We had the Sunday 6 course luncheon; I'm sure all on the extensive menu would be good but I chose the veal scallopini with Virginia ham - and for dessert the chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream; she had the rainbow trout, and then cheesecake with raspberry culis. Service was attentive but not intrusive. The tiger swallowtail flitting on the flower bush nearby was on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 65th birthday celebrationMalene65Dined on 7/26/2014My wife's birthday dinner was so very special at this restaurant due in part to my sons surprise visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.