L'Auberge Chez Francois
332 Springvale Road
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Auberge Chez Francois
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laubergechezfrancois.com/
- Phone: 7037593800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jacques E. Haeringer
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from L'Auberge Chez Francois
Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez François, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez François is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez François a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
L'Auberge Chez Francois - Best Restaurants in Great Falls ›
L'Auberge Chez Francois reviews from OpenTable diners
450 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (411)romantic (338)fit for foodies (272)notable wine list (198)great for outdoor dining (184)neighborhood gem (130)great for lunch (118)scenic view (96)great for brunch (69)good for groups (68)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Elegant, Charming & TastefulBrunchBunchVIPDined on 10/17/2014A very special dining experience. Knowing how to pace the meal was part of the excellent service we received. It would be difficult to recommend a particular dish because everything our party of 3 ordered (all different) was exceptional. The pea soup, compliments of the chef, was to die for. Homemade sorbet was served prior to the main course. The pricing: the entre price includes an appetizer or soup, a salad, main course & dessert. Some appetizers, salads & desserts have up-charges. Although pricey, this is a special restaurant. One suggestion: the ambience is especially nice in one of the smaller diningrooms. Do let them know if you're celebrating an occasion and you will get an additional special dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014Been coming here for 20 years for special occasions. Always can count on a great meal and wonderful ambience and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to ShineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014We last dined at Chez Francios a number of years ago and decided to go back for a quiet mid week dinner. We were not disappointed. Everything was superb. We started out with lobster bisque followed by a Cesar's Salad.My wife had dover sole for her entree while I had the rack of lamb. Both were outstanding. We finished up with a soufflé for my wife while I had the cream brûlée. With cocktails, a glass of wine for each of us, tax tip, $300.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFPFDined on 10/15/2014My food was excellent, but my husband's steak was not and his soufflé was not done. (He usually orders both the items, so this is a first.) In addition, the service after the meal was served was not timely nor friendly. Just not worth the price any more.
- Pricey, but worth it!RepeatDinerVIPDined on 10/15/2014We wanted a special place to celebrate my wife's birthday and Chez Francois fit the bill perfectly. The outstanding service was matched by the outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our 25th AnniversaryFaulkster4Dined on 10/14/2014Enjoyed our 25th anniversary meal at L'Auberge. The perfect romantic setting with wonderful food. Great outdoor seating, beautiful and romantic indoor seating. Waiter was incredibly attentive and not pushy at all. Truly was there to serve us however and whatever WE wanted. I think the entire menu is prix fixe and with that you get a salad, appetizer, entree, dessert, and coffee. Every bite we ate was delicious. Had a peppered steak with mushrooms and roasted vegetables and was probably the best tasting and most tender piece of meat i have ever had. They comped us two additional desserts because it was our 25th anniversary, including a couple of homemade truffles. Talking about making it our annual anniversary go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014This was the best place I have eaten in since moving to this area 3 years ago. The waiter was fantastic and the food was so delicious. I will be visiting for lunch in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ultimate Dinning ExperienceSpecial1Dined on 10/12/2014Everything was wonderful. A great birthday experience.Special Features:
- LP45VIPDined on 10/12/2014This is my husband's favorite go-to place for special occasions, and why not? Excellent food, thoughtful service, in a beautiful setting. Don't forget to order a souffle! And the sommelier was especially helpful, so I recommend a quick consultation with him if you're thinking about wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary CelebrationJackVIPDined on 10/12/2014Superb lunch for 4-great trout, filet mignon with delicious wine sauce. and tasty bouillabaisse. And this time of year their tomato salad with fresh grown tomates from their garden is really special!! Appetizers were likewise great and you can not beat their chocolate tart for dessert. Service as always was great. Just a delightful meal!! Can not beat it!Special Features:
- Tried and TrueNedeleDined on 10/12/2014A meal at l'Auberge Chez Francois never disappoints. The setting and ambiance transport you to Alsace, and the service was better than any of us recalled. There is something for every taste on the menu. Truly a very special place to spend a Sunday afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French StarlakestreetDined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit to L'Auberge Chez Francois and we were quite impressed with the fine food. All three of us selected classic French meals - escargots, froglegs and mushroom medley for the first course, lamb, bouillabaisse and breast of duck for the entrees, and baked Alaska and a Grand Marnier souffle for dessert. Everything was delicious, although the flavor of Grand Marnier was hard to discern once the sauce was added to the souffle. Our only disappointment was the wine - a Guignols but not one of the better ones! Our waiter recommended it, given our fish and meat entrees, and while it was fine, and relatively cheap, other options were certainly better, in my experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceRoseGlow64Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I dined at L'Auberge Chez Francois for my birthday. It's really quite an experience, from the drive there to the atmosphere to the food (of course!). The dining room feels like we're somewhere in the Alps, as opposed to being in a DC suburb, complete with a vegetable garden and deer roaming in the back. The meal is leisurely, and perfectly timed. The staff is extremely accommodating, and didn't treat us like we didn't belong (which has been our experience in some other fancy DC restaurants). I would highly recommend this restaurant, particularly for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Exceptional BrunchcwmndcVIPDined on 10/11/2014We live in the city and hadn't ventured out to our old favorite L'Auberge for dinner in several years but when a friend who lives nearby suggested brunch we jumped at the chance. What a wonderful experience and great value. We definitely will become regulars again.Special Features:
- You have to do itEatOutALotDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful ambience, presentation, and service. Price will set you bAck a bit, I could have purchased that new computer I've been putting off buying for the same amount. I am Still debating if I'd do it again, or instead head to Ruth Chris....Special Features:
- KHfrinVADined on 10/10/2014This is a great special occasion restaurant. It's romantic and it's not like any other restaurants in the area. We shared the chateaubriand which I would highly recommend. The souffle was wonderful. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014A very reliable restaurant. We have been customers for many years - beginning when it was in downtown DC. Dining in cooler months with the open fire burning is magical. Lunch in the garden is a real treat. We caught it recently on a perfect day and did not want to leave. All food is great - the plum tart is outstanding. Bethesda L'Auberge FanSpecial Features:
- Excellent as AlwayssusuDined on 10/8/2014We went for a celebratory lunch and were not disappointed. The fixed price lunch is very reasonable. All the dishes were excellent. We will go again soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal, wonderful eveninghoustonresidentVIPDined on 10/5/2014Our second visit to L'Auberge Chez Francois. Incredible French food prepared to perfection. Pleasant pace to the service. Very attentive staff who go out of their way to accommodate those with dietary restrictions. Would go more often if we lived in the area. Fantastic!Special Features:
- a place to celebratepennykDined on 10/5/2014what a wonderful experience it was to dine here again, after some 20 years! the food as always was perfect as was the service. when it comes to special occasions, this will again be my first choice. not "hip" perhaps, but the combination of the menu, the location and the environment makes it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Toast and Fries It Is Not!JonZvuDined on 10/5/2014Some might say "perfect" is an unattainable condition. If so then the staff within this establishment have minted the word that is 99.9% of perfect. From the table presentation before seating to each of the four courses and four "compliments of the chef" the food was a step beyond outstanding. Each dish delivered tastes that did not compete or over-power the preceding, but just added to gustatory experience. Whatever your evening plans do not rush this experience. I happen to like bread pudding and that which was served had angels singing in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014We recently celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary at this restaurant. We had a lovely meal and good service. It was not as romantic as we would have liked. The table of 6 seated next to us about 15 minutes in were very loud and definitely interfered with our romantic dinner. I had indicated on the reservation that this was our anniversary, but the restaurant was not aware of this. We did receive a complimentary dessert for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Worth every dollarDubaiflipDined on 10/5/2014Although a bit pricey, the restaurant offers great food, service and ambience suitable for a romantic dinner for two or a rowdy gathering of family of 12. The food was classically French home cooking which fits perfectly with the ambience. Their wine list is exceptional and they have a great selection from all over the world, with a very select high quality choices from France. To top it all off, they have very knowledgeable and attentive staff that were discreet, detail oriented and anticipates your every need. My family had a great time..thank you!Special Features:
- Special Occasion diningSimipletonDined on 10/5/2014We come here to celebrate special occasions. The food has always been excellent and the service is impeccable. We would recommend this restaurant for special occasions such as anniversaries, graduation, birthday etc. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Par Excellence!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Best food we have ever eaten. Service is always exceptional. Outdoor dining is nice, weather permitting. Outstanding!!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGBetaDined on 10/5/2014Outstanding does not sum up my experience. They have improved upon perfectionSpecial Features:
- Great for special occasionsBurkeFoodieDined on 10/5/2014The most impeccable service and makes you feel like you are in someone's home in France. Food is delicious and come on an empty stomach, and don't eat the day before. There is so much food.Special Features:
- awesome!phireballDined on 10/4/2014awesome food, awesome service, awesome decor! L'Auberge Chez Francois made my wife's birthday a very special event. Our waiter was top-notch and so professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidnightinParis1Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went to the 5:00 p.m. seating last Saturday evening to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience, ambiance, and six course fixed price dinner! Every course was impeccably prepared and made us want to savor the moment while looking forward to the next course! Most importantly, we did not feel rushed at all during our 2 and a half hour visit. The service was outstanding and the low lighting very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Saturday lunch was delicious. The service was friendly, attentive, and thoughtful. When we mentioned that we were celebrating a double birthday, a baked Alaska with a candle was presented to each of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceColinjmuDined on 10/3/2014We've been to L'Auberge Chez Francois now three times and always have a great experience. The food is fantastic, the service is friendly and attentive, without being intrusive, and overall the atmosphere is exactly what we would want. We'd highly recommend to everyone, but hopefully everyone doesn't go so the experience isn't ruined.Special Features:
- Mom's 80thOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014We loved the freshness and variety of the food. Quite a memorable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningFrancofileDined on 10/3/2014I recently spent a delightful evening here with my octogenarian parents and my 11-year-old son. We enjoyed drinks in the gorgeous garden followed by a delicious dinner inside, completed with scrumptious souffles. There was something on the menu to please everyone and the wait staff were quite solicitous. My parents especially enjoyed the European ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special place!bingata744VIPDined on 10/1/2014It was a lovely evening in Great Falls, VA, when we went for dinner at L'Auberge Chez Francois. We opted to sit outside in their beautiful outdoor terrace area. Surprisingly, no one else sat out there -- some people came through to take pictures using the terrace as a backdrop. The service was impeccable, the food delicious (we both enjoyed the sole, back on the menu after a period of absence). Our waiter was attentive, yet didn't hover. This was not our first visit, and we will go back. We have taken a few friends there when they visit, and all are very pleased with our choice. I highly recommend L'Auberge for a special occasion or any time.Special Features:
- 25th to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014We dined for the first time there on our 25th Anniversary. What a gem. The service was impeccable, the food absolutely amazing and overall one of the top five meals we've had anywhere in the world. The only reason they earned five stars was because six isn't an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealpurpenDined on 9/28/2014We had lunch on Sunday to celebrate a birthday. The four-course meal was outstanding; each course, particularly the appetizer and the entree, was excellent. They even gave us and extra dessert for the birthday celebration. The wine list was also excellent, though somewhat pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a KindleralphDined on 9/27/2014Chez Francois has been around for half a century, still run by the same family and still the best restaurant in the entire DC area. Impeccable service, superb food. Everything cooked to perfection. Good variety on the menu. Pricey but you will see why it's worth every penny. Perfect for special occasions: Anniversaries, birthdays, raduations, etc.Special Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 9/27/2014The place is charming and conversation is easy. The food is a throwback to the 1960's. The offerings change very little, and while nothing is bad, nothing is wonderful (except the garlic toast). Every dish arrives with the same vegetables. If ambiance and decent food is what's wanted, this place would fit the bill.
- Old school excellenceTheclassicfoodguysVIPDined on 9/26/2014Fine restaurant with a loyal following. It is obviously a well coordinated team effort that covers all the details no matter how small. Well domSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningcelebrating50Dined on 9/26/2014Upon a recommendation from a family member we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with dinner at L'Auberge Chez Francois. It was a wonderful evening- the meal was fantastic, the service excellent and the atmosphere most enjoyable. We do not live in the area and were visiting to attend a family wedding. If we are ever in the DC area again, we plan to return for another memorablel meal.Special Features: