L'Auberge Chez Francois
332 Springvale Road
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Auberge Chez Francois
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laubergechezfrancois.com/
- Phone: 7037593800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jacques E. Haeringer
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from L'Auberge Chez Francois
Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez François, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez François is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez François a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
L'Auberge Chez Francois - Best Restaurants in Great Falls ›
L'Auberge Chez Francois reviews from OpenTable diners
448 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (400)romantic (363)fit for foodies (241)great for outdoor dining (194)notable wine list (172)scenic view (116)great for lunch (111)neighborhood gem (99)great for brunch (74)good for groups (59)late-night find (15)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Special occasion made more specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Coming upon Chez Francois at the end of a dark suburban road looked like coming on to a warm and welcoming country inn. The welcome was gracious, the service was attentive but not overbearing, and the food was excellent. Nothing was rushed, the atmosphere was quiet enough for conversation, and every detail was considered. This is definitely a place to celebrate special occasions, ours was our 40th wedding anniversary. The evening was exactly what we hoped it would be - romantic and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and WineValuePropDined on 8/29/2014Special occassion gem!! This spot will please you to no end and delight your palate! Wines are TOP NOTCH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Took my Mother-in-Law for her 92nd Birthday it was the best part of turning 92.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceJeanDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I celebrated his 50th birthday there with 8 other family members and friends. We had a nice table at the corner which looked out on the garden. The service was fabulous and the food was just wonderful. Everyone enjoyed themselves very much. It was well worth the $1000 bill (not including tip).Special Features:
- Lovely lunchNYCdineDined on 8/27/2014What a wonderful dining experience! Chez Francois was such a lovely setting to celebrate a dear friend's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eating outside is my VERY FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I love eating outside on the perfect summer night .. spending 2 - 3 hours as it is getting dark and the lights are twinkling .. AND the food is outstanding ... missed the last 2 years for our birthday celebrations and LOVE the menu additions ..Special Features:
- Absolutely the bestkcurbearDined on 8/24/2014L'Auberge Chez Francois is absolutely the best restaurant that I have ever been to. Usually by the next morning, I am wondering when we can go back there. It is just that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Auberge Chez Francois stands out!OffThePathOutOfTheWayDined on 8/24/2014We've been going for over thirty years for special events. We've never had a bad meal and as we like to eat out side whenever possible we've always gotten good seating with a wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French RestaurantBadsVIPDined on 8/24/2014It's truly finest quality of food and drinks, etc It's worth coming back to and years to come, I Have been coming for well over 40 year'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014We use L'Auberge for our very special occasions and they never disappoint. Since we first went there, over 25 years ago, the food, the service, and the ambiance has always maintained the highest levels and exceeded our highest expectations.Special Features:
- outstanding repastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Exceptional dining. Grandson (20) was able to use lessons learned at Cotillion class; i.e., which fork to use, etc. Couldn't believe it could take over 3 hours to have an enjoyable 5 course Sunday brunch! He will work hard in future in order to afford the pleasurable experience. Our birthday brunch for son and grandson was all that we expected it to be; lovely memory.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful mealLongTimeFanDined on 8/23/2014We've been going to L'Aberge Chez Francois for over 30 years and never been disappointed by any aspect of the experience. Great food, great atmosphere, fine service. If only it were more of a secret!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this really the # 1 in DC area?JEVNDined on 8/23/2014I went to L'Aluberge Chez Francois since for mos available ranking of restaurants for DC area it was always on the top of the lists . However, on my personal opinion this is just and average restaurant . It is a restaurant far to be even close to a one Michelin-Starred level ( keep in mind that there is no Micheline-Starred restaurants in DC) . Kind of far from The city (40 minutes driving time from downtown DC) is not a trip that really worth the time and the money you certainly will spend ( a dinner for two with a half bottle of standard Bordeaux Superior red wine and a four dishes prefixed menu ) was more than 300 USD. I definitely can not believe this is the #1 restaurant in DC area .
- Outstanding Experience!TNldyDined on 8/23/2014Loved our experience at L'Auberge Chez Francois! Can't wait to enjoy another special occasion at this fabulous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMeganDined on 8/23/2014Our experience was incredible in every way from start to finish. This place is so special, which makes it perfect for special occasions. Come hungry because their four course meals are to die for and you'll want to eat every last bite. Thank you, L'Auberge, for making our anniversary dinner one to remember. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- 7th Anniversary DinnercubanonrfDined on 8/23/2014Great experience from beginning to end. Great Place, great menu, great wine list, seamless service, great ambience. We will return!Special Features:
- Superbe!!MPerichonDined on 8/23/2014Know this place well. The food is always of the highest quality. The wine list is wonderful and the owner very knowledgeable. His recommendation for us was perfect and modestly priced. i.e., he didn't push the higher priced bottles. His point was to compliment our various dishes - quite a difference from some DC restaurants. Plan to make it a regular Saturday lunch spot to meet friends from Leesburg.Special Features:
- Consistently SuperiorBEEGEE5VIPDined on 8/22/2014Just celebrated our actual 50th Wdfing Anniversary at this always fine restaurant. Whenever we have a truly significant milestone, there is never a doubt where we are to celebrate. This has been so for most of the 35+ years we have lived in the DC a metro area. This place has consistency and excellence whether for food, ambiance or service. End of eulogy!Special Features:
- A Memorable CelebrationJudithBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Those of us who hold L'Auberge in high esteem for special occasions are rarely disappointed with the food, service or ambiance. However, do not overlook the lovely terrace for special occasions from late spring to fall. It is romantic, peaceful and could set almost anywhere across the Atlantic! With a private table under a gazebo, our own fully attentive service staff, and a leisurely paced meal amidst butterflies and a trickling fountain, my Viennese mother had a 90th birthday we will all remember fondly for the rest of our lives. Merci beaucoups, L'Auberge!Special Features:
- Our go to celebration spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We have happily celebrated 30 anniversaries, births of children, promotions, and every other special occasion here. L'Auberge never fails to live up to our expectations!Special Features:
- Simply The BestRobertDined on 8/17/2014L'Auberge Chez Francois is not merely the best French restaurant in the Washington DC metro area; it is the best restaurant in the Washington DC metro area. For anyone who is looking for charming ambience, impeccable service, and food that is exquisitely prepared, look no further. This restaurant offers a dining experience that is truly memorable.Special Features:
- fine dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We have always loved our dinners at L'Auberge. It has been a tradition to celebrate our neighbors' and our birthdays and anniversaries at L'Auberge and your restaurant never disappoints us. However this particular evening we thought it was odd that the room we were seated in was quite empty yet our table of 4 was placed right next to another table of 2. We still had a very lovely evening but thought it was unusual to be placed right next to another party when the room was quite empty.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureJoanneVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been dining at L'Auberge Chez Francois for over 20 years, and it is our "go-to" place for every special occasion. This particular night we were celebrating my husband's retirement, and it was just lovely. The food is amazing and the service above and beyond. I had the rack of lamb and it was cooked to perfection. I love the extra vegetable that is always brought to the table -- a very nice touch. We always order a soufflé to share, but I also had the lime tart which is one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Very specialanonymousDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I ate here over twenty years ago but hadn't been back since we don't live as close anymore. We stopped in for an anniversary dinner as we were in the neighborhood, this time with our two teenage children. It was even better than I remember it -- the food is top of the line French traditional fare. Our kids had their first five course prix fixe experience and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were also seated outside on the patio overlooking a beautiful garden. It was a real treat and we hope to come back again much sooner next time.Special Features:
- Local gemLuv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Our favorite local go-to restaurant. We have never been disappointed. Had Sunday lunch for the first time last week. What a wonderful surprise. The usual great food at lower price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little France in Great FallsLesgourmandsDined on 8/17/2014This is THE place we go to celebrate family events in front of a typical French festive meal! The food is of course outstanding, the service perfect, the wine delicious and we always have a great time, the price is totally justified in our opinion. Tell your friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable Dining ExperienceLeesburgiteDined on 8/17/2014I wanted some place special to go to celebrate my Mom, who we took to L'Auberge Chez Francois on her one visit to Northern Virginia. It was nice to think of her there with a meal that wasn't quite what she expected, but that she ate and enjoyed. Fortunately had a seat by the window so I could enjoy the view of trees and garden, something she also enjoyed. It was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in D.C. AreaDiningAroundDined on 8/16/2014Their stellar reputation is well deserved after all these years. There aren't enough superlatives to describe this fine restaurant. The service, food and ambience are outstanding. The consistency of the experience is outstanding. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. Everything you could wish for in a fine dining experience. Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This is the restaurant we go to whenever there's a special occasion and we want to great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French countryside charmechcpa1Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday on Friday evening in almost perfect weather. We were seated in the garden in the gazebo on the far side of the patio which provided a lovely panoramic view of the patio and gardens. The food was wonderful as I've always expected it to be. I splurged on sweat-breads as an appetizer and plump expertly sautéed soft shell crabs. Our salads were made with tomatoes from the L'auberge garden, as were the haricot vert which accompanied our entrees. We were presented with flutes of champagne for our toasting and a lovely ice cream meringue with one candle which accompanied our peach melbas. It was a lovely evening graciously served by the L'auberge staff. This restaurant never fails us. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014This is one of top restaurants in the entire Washington, DC metropolitan area for any occasion - especially for celebrations. Lunch is a great experience and if you are looking for a great way to spend a relaxing afternoon consider dining at Chez Francois. There outside patio is a find - you can not make specific reservations for outdoors and is on a first come, first serve basis. If the weather is nice, make a reservation for indoors and if you arrive and wish to dine out and there is availability you are certainly accommodated.Special Features:
- Still Great!GJC99Dined on 8/14/2014I have been coming to L'Auberge Chez Francois for many years for special occasions, and it is still wonderful. The food is outstanding. I particularly like the items fresh from their garden like the tomato salad. The service is attentive but not intrusive and the atmosphere is quiet and romantic. The outdoor dining is particularly nice when the weather is good.Special Features:
- Disappointing food choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/20142 of us in our party ordered the lamb tenderloin entree, cooked to medium. Both were very dry, only a hint of pink. The plum tart, for years our favorite, was not up to par. The fruit was dry & overly sweetened. We have being enjoying Chez F. for over 40 years, both downtown and in Great Falls. For the first time, we were disappointed. The overall service & ambience was outstanding as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio diningMaryDined on 8/13/2014We ate outside on the patio and it was lovely. Of course it was a gorgeous evening as well and that added to the ambience.
- First TimefcsegabDined on 8/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dining outside in a very pretty garden. Enjoyed most of the courses. Services and welcoming attitudes were great. Would definitely give the food a second try and find what I would like better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Best special occassion restaurant we've been to in a very long timeSpecial Features:
- Chez FrancoisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014This is without doubt one of the very best places for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- The Very BestSeafood4meDined on 8/12/2014It was our 48th Anniversary and we wanted the very best DC has to offer. This has always been our favorite but they really out did themselves. It was an excellent evening, great food, and such service.Special Features:
- Still Number OneGoodRoweDined on 8/10/2014The very best destination for special dining continues to be L'Auberge Chez Francois. Their commitment to the highest quality ingredients and their perfection of food preparation combine with the highest level of personal dining service to make this our favorite restaurant for all special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceKathyDined on 8/10/2014Always the best!!! Food, service and selection over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.