L'Auberge Chez Francois
332 Springvale Road
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Auberge Chez Francois
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laubergechezfrancois.com/
- Phone: 7037593800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jacques E. Haeringer
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from L'Auberge Chez Francois
Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez François, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez François is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez François a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
L'Auberge Chez Francois - Best Restaurants in Great Falls ›
L'Auberge Chez Francois reviews from OpenTable diners
459 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (415)romantic (364)fit for foodies (261)great for outdoor dining (204)notable wine list (193)scenic view (118)great for lunch (113)neighborhood gem (113)great for brunch (69)good for groups (62)late-night find (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great Service, Ambiance and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014Located on a scenic property in Great Falls, the ambiance inside us quiet and romantic. The god was excellent and so was our waiter who provided great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding restaurant!VIPDinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014A beautiful restaurant that exudes romance. It was the perfect place for my wife and I to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Everything was perfect, including every course and the service. She had lamb chops and I had the duck breast and both were great choices. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014Chez Francois always exceeds our highest expectations. The most beautiful restaurant in Northern Virginia, the ambiance, the extraordinary menus, fine wines, and outstanding service always delight. We were six, among us guests from France, and were there for a very special celebration. As always, the evening was truly memorable. I have been dining at Chez Francois since it was located in Washington on Connecticut Avenue, and each dining experience exceeds the last. Thank you, thank you, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, Always FabulousdinerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Always enjoy Chez Francois - a favorite since my first time in 1970!Special Features:
- Favorite Special Occasion SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014We have been to L'Auberge 3 or 4 times over the past few years, always to celebrate something important. They have never disappointed us in any aspect, except perhaps being unable to make time stand still indefinitely so we could relish the food forever. :) Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I have chosen L'Auberge more than several times as the place for us to celebrate our wedding Anniversary and special birthdays. We have never been disappointed. 5 stars in all categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every bite is memorableMJOYDined on 9/13/2014We came to celebrate and we chose correctly! From the first taste of appetizer thru the chocolate tart we were on a foodie high. We had the sea bass special and the veal scallopini and could barely refrain from mimicking Meg Ryan in "when Harry met Sally"!Special Features:
- LovelyRosieDined on 9/13/2014We had still another excellent dining experience. We return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBobbiDined on 9/10/2014Good Wine and Food. Nice for a special occasion. Good service and Menu is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prettypickyDined on 9/9/2014Always a sure thing Chez Francois is guaranteed to be consistently good food and good service in a romantic out of the way location.Special Features:
- Classic to the extremetbontbDined on 9/9/2014If you want a very romantic, very special, classic French restaurant, this is the place. The atmosphere and the classic French dishes are superb! You will not be disappointed. I especially recommend anything from their native Alsace region of France. Know that their dishes are really 4-course meals; the prices include appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. You will not leave here hungry, and probably with a doggy bag. The caveat: If you are looking for nouveau anything, this is not the place. I hadn't been here for 10+ years, and most of the dishes were immediately recognizable. If you are in the young 20's and looking for a hopping place, this is not it. The diners were generally mature (but not ancient! :-))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great dining experience!PortolanDined on 9/7/2014We've been going to L'Auberge at intervals for over 30 years and it still remains our place for special occasions. The food is still excellent and its Virginia countryside location evokes the Alsatian inn ambiance. Their made-to-order soufflés are the perfect end for a great evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous garden dining in SeptemberHeatherFeatherVIPDined on 9/7/2014Every September we celebrate a friend's birthday by dining on a Sunday late afternoon/early evening in the garden at L'Auberge Chez Francois. Ambiance is fantastic. Quiet, lovely setting, plenty of room between tables. Our server, Mark, was delightful. The food, as always, delicious. I had a soft shelled crab appetizer, shared the chateaubriand, and a blueberry special dessert. A tasty dinner and memorable evening. Same time next year!Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014they know how to celebrate your special occasion. Think about $15o per person if you want to be comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience Everluv2eatoutDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at L'Auberge Chez Francois. We were looking for some place really special rather than our usual special event celebration restaurants. We sure found it. Everything about this restaurant is first class. From the moment you walk in the door you know it is something special. We shared the Chateaubriand for two and was the best meal we ever had. We have been to many restaurants across the U.S. and Europe. By far L'Auberge Chez Francois is the best dining experience we ever had. Unfortunately the evening we were there it was raining and we did not get the opportunity to appreciate the outdoor settings. Hopefully next time. Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeWeewillyDined on 9/6/2014Dinner was excellent, waiter was engaging and the whole staff was attentive but most of all, we had a good time dining. It is too expensive for everyday dining, but any time we go there, it will be a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Lunch!!JackVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went to lunch for her Birthday-Had a truly outstanding meal. We both had the asparagus appetizer with VA ham-with the asparagus prepared just right. Had fresh tomato salads from their garden-simply delicious with a nice vinaigrette. Had Halibut for an entree which was fresh and perfectly cooked in brown butter and served with a nice sauce. Finished with a wonderful chocolate tart and ice cream with Kugelhof. And service as always was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional dining experience!BonAppetitDined on 9/5/2014One of Northern Virginia's true gems in dining! I have never been disappointed with a meal at Auberge Chez Francois. The food is always outstanding and each course served at just the right moment. It is a true dining experience. I took a dear friend to lunch at Auberge to thank her for some special kindnesses. She has lived in France for a few years. She said Augerge was the best restaurant she had ever been to!! The ambience, the food, the setting, the service...all were perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food guaranteedAngee726VIPDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated a birthday with a nice long wonderful friday lunch at L'Auberge. The ambiance and food were amazing! The service was not as good as I would have expected for a restaurant of this caliber but was still fine. Will definitely consider going back!Special Features:
- A True Dining ExperienceLuvtogooutDined on 9/3/2014We love this restaurant! We always request Tommy as a server. He is fabulous and very attentive to his customers. When you have lunch at Chez Francois it is a dining experience. Each course of the fixed price menu is delicious. We loved the tomato salad and the ingredients came from their garden. This visit was a birthday celebration and they brought him a special dessert. He had the best day because of Chez Francois. I just can't say enough about this wonderful restaurant! We will be their next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Auberge Has Not Changed-We HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014Just like we remembered from 25-30 years ago when we lived in the area. Course by course the food quality and preparation were wonderful. The staff are very efficient, but stiffer and less friendly than when Francois was alive. We've changed and as we get older we prefer smaller meals. The format is an inclusive format for a large serving, four plus course meal. We would appreciate even a modified a la carte option, as we found ourselves "stuffed", a feeling which detracted from how we felt about the meal after finishing - nonetheless a truly wonderful meal, but we may not return because of the menu format.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truly diappointingFreddyVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have been going to Chez Francois for years, I grew up in Great Falls. The food was horrible, wrong items were brought out, and items were left off. We waited for 10 minutes for a salad entrée to be brought out, and the food had already been sitting under heat lamps. I don't know if your head chef was off or what? We ordered two espressos, one came out, and the second one came out after 10 more minutes. We ordered two salads, one came out. The special was not explained well, we ordered the fish thinking it was grilled, it came out in a pastry? the special truffles at the end, mine had a piece of plastic or fingernail in it. The best part of the meal was the wine, and your amazing wine list. Well priced and great choices.Special Features:
- FABULOUS AS USUAL.gbgbDined on 8/31/2014This was our first Sunday visit, we were bringing people who had not dined here before. Delighted to say the high, high standards were still evident. Have never had a bad meal, or bad service at this wonderful restaurant and we have been dining here since 1984, in fact we love it so much we had our wedding reception here waaaaaay back in the 80's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysVAPatriotDined on 8/31/2014Have been coming to L'Auberge Chez Francois since 1978 and this restaurant never disappoints. Incredible food and fantastic service as usual. While a bit of a trip to get there, it's worth every mile.Special Features:
- pcmeyerPaulDined on 8/31/2014Hadn't been there for a while. My wife and I went there on many occasions in the past for dinner but this out first time their for lunch. Having lunch their was as enjoyable as having diner there. The food was great, the service outstanding and the price was more than reasonable. Will certainly go back there again for lunch in the future.Special Features:
- Special occasion made more specialVAdinerDined on 8/29/2014Coming upon Chez Francois at the end of a dark suburban road looked like coming on to a warm and welcoming country inn. The welcome was gracious, the service was attentive but not overbearing, and the food was excellent. Nothing was rushed, the atmosphere was quiet enough for conversation, and every detail was considered. This is definitely a place to celebrate special occasions, ours was our 40th wedding anniversary. The evening was exactly what we hoped it would be - romantic and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food and WineValuePropDined on 8/29/2014Special occassion gem!! This spot will please you to no end and delight your palate! Wines are TOP NOTCH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnieDined on 8/29/2014Took my Mother-in-Law for her 92nd Birthday it was the best part of turning 92.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceJeanDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I celebrated his 50th birthday there with 8 other family members and friends. We had a nice table at the corner which looked out on the garden. The service was fabulous and the food was just wonderful. Everyone enjoyed themselves very much. It was well worth the $1000 bill (not including tip).Special Features:
- MajesticPinkpants11Dined on 8/29/2014Fantastic restaurant with the same 5 star quality you find in the dc area without the crowd. Down the street from horse stables, even the drive transports you to another time. It is well worth the price as every bite of food is delicious, the service is impeccable and the view is one of a kind. Make sure you dress to impressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treatMikeDined on 8/27/2014It is always a special treat dining at L'Auberge. I particularly like their fixed-price luncheon plan where you get a sizable amount of very good food at a decent price. And the setting is very romantic - like taking a trip to the French country-side for lunch.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchNYCdineDined on 8/27/2014What a wonderful dining experience! Chez Francois was such a lovely setting to celebrate a dear friend's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eating outside is my VERY FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I love eating outside on the perfect summer night .. spending 2 - 3 hours as it is getting dark and the lights are twinkling .. AND the food is outstanding ... missed the last 2 years for our birthday celebrations and LOVE the menu additions ..Special Features:
- Absolutely the bestkcurbearDined on 8/24/2014L'Auberge Chez Francois is absolutely the best restaurant that I have ever been to. Usually by the next morning, I am wondering when we can go back there. It is just that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Auberge Chez Francois stands out!OffThePathOutOfTheWayDined on 8/24/2014We've been going for over thirty years for special events. We've never had a bad meal and as we like to eat out side whenever possible we've always gotten good seating with a wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French RestaurantBadsVIPDined on 8/24/2014It's truly finest quality of food and drinks, etc It's worth coming back to and years to come, I Have been coming for well over 40 year'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014We use L'Auberge for our very special occasions and they never disappoint. Since we first went there, over 25 years ago, the food, the service, and the ambiance has always maintained the highest levels and exceeded our highest expectations.Special Features:
- outstanding repastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Exceptional dining. Grandson (20) was able to use lessons learned at Cotillion class; i.e., which fork to use, etc. Couldn't believe it could take over 3 hours to have an enjoyable 5 course Sunday brunch! He will work hard in future in order to afford the pleasurable experience. Our birthday brunch for son and grandson was all that we expected it to be; lovely memory.Special Features:
- Great experienceArlingtonHatrVIPDined on 8/23/2014Classy, French menu with lots of longstanding, established favorites. Great place for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Always a wonderful mealLongTimeFanDined on 8/23/2014We've been going to L'Aberge Chez Francois for over 30 years and never been disappointed by any aspect of the experience. Great food, great atmosphere, fine service. If only it were more of a secret!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.