361 West 46th Street
Between 8th Ave. and 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lattanzinyc.com/
- Phone: 2123150980x
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week: 11:30 am - 2:30pm,
Monday-Sunday 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Lattanzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lattanzi Ristorante is an elegant-rustic, family-owned Italian restaurant in the heart of the Theater District on Restaurant Row; established in 1984, this classic local landmark has specialized in serving traditional Roman cuisine to upscale theater-goers for over a quarter of a century.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8883553149
- Special Events: With four dining rooms, a cozy indoor garden, beautiful rooftop terrace and two independent bars spread out across both floors, we host private functions and parties for virtually any occasion and of almost every size. We have several different party menus to choose from or we can help you design one according to your style and taste.
To schedule a private event, please call 212-315-0980 and ask for the Events Manager, Ed Kostner.
A word from Lattanzi
Now in the 30th year, this "winning" Restaurant Row Italian is renowned for its "Roman style specialties". (Don't miss "those fried artichokes"), "gracious services" and "after the theater" crowd departs for a more relaxed meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lattanzi reviews from OpenTable diners
301 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (145)romantic (130)fit for foodies (113)special occasion (102)good for groups (50)notable wine list (50)great for lunch (41)late-night find (36)hot spot (17)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Italian gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We tried this cozy, attractive restaurant after a matinee recently and were very pleased with the food, the service as well as the ambiance. The waiters were attentive but not intrusive; we were able to enjoy our meal in a relaxed and warm atmosphere. Highly recommend for the quality of food and reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian w/Fine AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I loved the warm, rustic and yet still elegant atmosphere to Lattanzi. It was even better than it appeared online. The food was wonderful. Seafood appetizer was very fresh and delicious. Simple pasta dishes were delicious: Bucatini with smoked bacon tomato sauce was wonderful. Since we've only been there once, it's difficult to judge the service. Our waiter was not brimming with personality and did not check to see if we needed anything very often. Hard to get his attention. We would have to return again to truly judge the service but may hesitate to choose Lattanzi for a special occassion because of our first experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceSurfloverDined on 10/19/2014Found this place because I could not (one again) get a reservation to my first choice, Becco at the pre-show time needed. This restaurant is 2 doors away and what a great find! Wonderful menu, great service and a much more pleasant experience. A relaxed environment with no one sitting on top of you or bumping into your chair. A wonderful menu, we opted to share a pasta as an appetizer and ordered salmon and swordfish. All dishes were perfectly cooked and ample food in each course. Our waiter was attentive and efficient. I will be returning next time as my first choice. Well done Lattanzi!!Special Features:
- Always dependablePatrickVIPDined on 10/15/2014Such excellent service, first of all. Attentive and professional. Had a wonderful white bean soup, piping hot with the great bread. Had a veal (saltimbocca style with huge slices of porcini in a marsala sauce). It was delicious, but I must say as this was my first time having veal there, the meat itself was kind of thick, tough and "breaded". Had similar dishes twice in the last week elsewhere and both were tender pounded thin veal. Not sure if this was usual at Lattanzi or just an off experience.
- Best in the Theater DistrictPeteralanVIPDined on 10/14/2014Lattanzi has a warm charming ambiance and the food is consistently good. It is one of the most unique and least commercial of the Theater District restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTinydemonDined on 10/14/2014Food was okay though nothing special. The service was perfunctory and indifferent. Would not have had a great problem with this except we were expected to pay a fifth of the cost of the meal for it.
- c3033Dined on 10/13/2014The food was quite good. Prices were NYC high with the bill being over $100 for two of us. The servers were attentive but clumsy. If you are looking for food first, this place would be recommended.
- Reliable Theatre District DiningLuv2EatOutDined on 10/11/2014While visiting New York we caught the matinee performance of Motown the musical at the Lunt Fontaine and then headed over to an early supper at Lattanzi. Super convenient to the theatre district and we loved that the restaurant was broken up into smaller rooms so we could actually hear each other talk. Food and wine were good and the service was great. Prices seemed pretty average. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Theater DinnerEdBrewDined on 10/9/2014This is a convenient spot to have a post theater dinner at a reasonable price. We always enjoy our dinners here and will continue to frequent Lattanzo when in NYC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findGoldRiverGirlVIPDined on 10/8/2014Found this place on Yelp during a recent trip to The Big Apple. Excellent food! I had the best veal marsala I've ever eaten. My husband and I shared an order of the fried artichoke hearts as an appetizer. Yum! One suggestion to the chef: serve lemon butter for dipping. The service was great. Too bad we were too full for dessert--the offerings were tempting. Can't wait to go back on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Thwas good with typical NYC pricing. I went with my cousin during the week, and it was not packed. Although i made reservations, i don't think i needed to. We got our food relatively quickly. The food was good with typical NYC pricing.
- Wonderful DinnerSteve48430Dined on 10/5/2014We were coming to NYC staying in Times Square, and asked for a recommendation from a friend. They recommended Lattanzi... and glad they did. Wonderful food, wonderful service... just what you would expect a first class Italian restaurant in NYC to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for all of us.mtownDined on 10/5/2014We were a group of 10 and had a lovely dinner at Lattanzi after seeing Beautiful. There was a warm welcome, a perfect round table set against brick walls and surrounded by bottles of wine. Our group has a a few picky eaters and the menu had enough choices tp accomaodate everyone's taste. The food was very good, the service excellent, and we were left to eat, drink and laugh, with no one rushing us out the door. It was a perfect choice for us, and we were happy to find a good place on restaurant row to dine.Special Features:
- food good, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Took 10 mins to be seated, with a reservation. ( arrived on time). Seated on 2nd floor, was TD to use bathrooms 2 levels down even though I had a broken arm and had difficulty maneuverinh. Learned there was a bathroom on the main level from our waiter. Waitstaff was great, unimpressed by the maître d. (Who was also responsible for seating us).
- First timeNicePlaceVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was my first time at Lattanzi. I'll be going there again. It was recommended to me and it didn't disappoint. A great place to have dineer if you're headed to the theather in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElemarDined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent and atmosphere very inviting-I was by myself and did not feel out of place.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Very authentic, great food, well prepared and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eclerienceMarioDined on 10/1/2014Went with friends and enjoyed it so much we took other friends our next trip back to the city. Look forward to going back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The food was really good! The menu specified Jewish Italian which I had never experienced. The artichoke appetizer and piccata style fish were SOOO good. Also, our waiter was very charming. He took excellent care of us and did a very good job with the wine. The bottle we wanted wasn't available, so he gave us a more expensive bottle for the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater winnerNancyDined on 9/30/2014Food was very well prepared and nicely seasoned . Stuffed squash blossoms appetizer was perfect. Jewish artichokes, a speciality, nicely fried and not greasy. Main dish of Bucatini a amatricana was delicious. Only negative is atrocious list of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beMpolDined on 9/27/2014this restaurant has seen better days. The menu has shrunk, the prices increased, and the service has become surly. Once a standby for us post theatre, we will not visit again.
- Great experiencechrispyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Its rare that I emphasize ambiance in a Manhattan restaurant but Lattanzi just felt right for us. Round tables in a square space? Unusual since that configuration reduces the number of tables but greatly enhances the feeling of openness and comfort for the diners. The service was top notch. Even though our waiter had more than one too many tables to oversee, the others around including the maitre'd pitched in when he wasn't available. The food was fine, especially considering the reasonable prices, with classic preparations of Italian dishes, including enough food left over to take back for a substantial lunch the next day. With many competing restaurants around for Broadway show-bound diners, this was a great find.Special Features:
- Business Meeting LunchSaturdayLunchDined on 9/27/2014I met with an International business partner for lunch. I am from NJ and really have no idea where to meet anyone for lunch, in NYC, but I wanted an Italian restaurant with well prepared food where we could be left to discuss our work. I wanted a menu that was more than just pasta and a lot of sauce, with some meat and fish options. The reviews I read indicated that the people here were very accommodating. It really was perfect. The food was very good. The staff could see we were working and would occasionally check in to see if we wanted to order etc, but left us alone. It was quiet. It was charming with a rustic but elegant decor, and I was proud to have brought my guests to such a very lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District diningLindaFromNewHavenDined on 9/26/2014Lattanzi is one of the best choices on "Restaurant Row" for pre-theater dining. It's been there for years and has a loyal following. The Italian menu is sophisticated and interesting, with special dishes reflecting the Roman Jewish background of the owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant row gemAmieDined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant for pre theatre....the Jerusalem artichokes were wonderful as were the pasta dishes and Frascati. We have been there many times and will continue to even when we aren't going to the theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmomVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our second time there....wonderful pre theater spot..... sorry they thought I did not check in, I always cancel if my plans change.Special Features:
- Love the artichokesmadlapDined on 9/25/2014Famous for their Roman Jewish Artichoke appetizer - this caught my attention when researching restaurants in the theater district. Have eaten here twice. Second time was better, wonderful - but we must have liked it the first time since we did go back. They have a few different rooms. The 2nd time we were in a side room, a romantic corner in the back and it was lovely and we ate such wonderful food. The artichokes of course and grilled vegetables. The linguine with white clam sauce was so flavorful. A homemade napoleon for dessert topped it off. The glass of merlot the waiter recommended was delicious. The waiter I believe arrived from Italy that afternoon - he was wonderful. He recited the specials as if a poem. Loved it all.Special Features:
- ol' reliableleighbarkVIPDined on 9/24/2014We've been going to Lattanzi for years for pre - theater dinner. The food is quite good and service is timely. Location is perfect for Broadway visitors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MableDined on 9/24/2014Because we liked it so much we went two nights in a row. Very convenient to the theatres.Special Features:
- Lattanzi is always a pleasureHalfnoteVIPDined on 9/23/2014Before theater or for a special leisurely dinner, Lattanzi never disappoints. The food is excellent, the wine is fine, and the service is perfect.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerlizasunflowerDined on 9/23/2014superb meal.....going back for the third time.....consistent taste.....service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestXintrixDined on 9/21/2014I always have dinner here at least once when I am in New York. This is where we have our private dinner parties for guests from around the world when we have UN meetings, CGI and other events. There are probably thousands of places we could go but we always choose Lattanzi. If you have more than 10, reserve the private dining room.Special Features:
- spicyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Food here was very good the portions are a bit small and every entree seems to be almost al carte.....
- Excellent dinnerChow60Dined on 9/20/2014Feel as though you are in Italy with fresh pasta, fish and our favorite sautéed artichokes. Flavors are perfect never overpowering. Wines are smooth and complimented our meal. Service is outstanding, our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love LattanziLeNoirDined on 9/20/2014This is my 3rd visit and this place never disappoints me. If I lived in NYC, I would probably eat at Lattanzi's every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway's best Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Lattanzi was, again, fantastic. Perfect for an excellent meal before a Broadway show!Special Features:
- Go during extra point timefinikyVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was our second visit. The food is solid but not special. Took advantage of the extra point time. Artichoke not as good as first time but still goodSpecial Features:
- Pre-theaterporkyVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is a perfect restaurant for pre or post theate!Special Features:
- Best of restaurants during our stayLoveItalianDined on 9/16/2014Loved the food, especially the Napoleon! Highly recommend. Wish I had the time to go more than once. Best of the restaurants we ate at during our four days in the city.Special Features:
- Late Dining at Lattanzirobert1Dined on 9/15/2014Arrived late on Monday although I'm sure the restaurant proprietors were anxious to close they made us feel like family. The service was excellent the staff friendly,and attentive and the wine and food outstanding. Truly a culinary experience not to be missed.Special Features: