361 West 46th Street
Between 8th Ave. and 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lattanzinyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 315-0980
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week: 11:30 am - 2:30pm,
Monday-Sunday 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Lattanzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lattanzi Ristorante is an elegant-rustic, family-owned Italian restaurant in the heart of the Theater District on Restaurant Row; established in 1984, this classic local landmark has specialized in serving traditional Roman cuisine to upscale theater-goers for over a quarter of a century.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8883553149
- Special Events: With four dining rooms, a cozy indoor garden, beautiful rooftop terrace and two independent bars spread out across both floors, we host private functions and parties for virtually any occasion and of almost every size. We have several different party menus to choose from or we can help you design one according to your style and taste.
To schedule a private event, please call 212-315-0980 and ask for the Events Manager, Ed Kostner.
A word from Lattanzi
Now in the 30th year, this "winning" Restaurant Row Italian is renowned for its "Roman style specialties". (Don't miss "those fried artichokes"), "gracious services" and "after the theater" crowd departs for a more relaxed meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lattanzi reviews from OpenTable diners
312 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (159)fit for foodies (127)romantic (118)special occasion (102)good for groups (54)notable wine list (47)great for lunch (38)late-night find (33)hot spot (15)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Most incredible dinner experience everMarkVIPDined on 11/21/2014Phenomenal restaurant - Best in NYC!!! Food was incredible, service was even better and best ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, beautifully preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014All our dishes (fish, shrimp, pasta) were excellent. Dessert was also fine. Service was slow, but that was because this was pre-theater and the dining room was packed with others like us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on November 20JT1027Dined on 11/20/2014Food was very good, as always. We had the stuffed veal special and grilled salmon. Waiters were attentive and didn't rush us. One waiter entertained us by showing how to fold the napkins. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was outstanding as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014The food and service are fantastic. It definitely is a place you want to put on your favorite list. The food is always consistently excellent as well as the service. That comes from having the same chef, wait staff and Manager for many years. It is always a favorite of mine and my familiy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theatre district restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/18/2014The staff was excellent, food good and the restaurant simple and cozy. We didn't feel rushed even though we had a theatre call..would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014One of the very best restaurants in manhattan ...it was perfect for my fathers 80 th ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodnickVIPDined on 11/16/2014We dine out quite often. The food was excellent at this restaurant, ambiance also very nice. The SERVICE was not great despite the fact that there were many waiters, bus boys and maitre d's coming back and forth to our table. The problem, which is very unacceptable, water was not refilled, bread basket was not refilled, olive oil was not refilled NOR were we asked if we would like more bread or olive oil. Very unprofessional for a restaurant of such rave reviews.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodjackscriticDined on 11/15/2014The food was totally superb! The black squid pasta dish was too yummy! the artichoke appetizer was fantastic. I can't say anything but great about the food. The waiters however were under par. They didn't know the menu and gave us the wrong drinks. Then at the end when our check came we had the drinks from another table on our bill. When we brought the $65 over charge to the waiters attention he made us feel like it was out fault. The drinks did come off but if there were a better staff this should not have happened. I will return only because the food out weighed the bad staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Not RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was truly mediocre, fine perhaps for tourists but not for New Yorkers. My wife and i ordered different types of fish; the fish that they served was exactly the same and absolutely tasteless. The decor was fine as was the service, but I certainly would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoyed good food.
- AuguststarDined on 11/14/2014I simply depended on Open Table reviewers when I picked this restaurant. Not one I know who loves to dine out has been here. I say this is a hidden gem. The halibut special was oooh so good! So were the other orders. Service was satisfactory except the man who met us at the entrance by the receptionist"s desk was unsmiling and cold. (Am not sure if he is the manager, owner or maitre'd) He could use a smile or two! One great thing we appreciated was that although a busy place, they did not rush us, unlike other busy places who would obtrusively clean up your table and hand you the bill before you ask for it. My request for a bday candle on the dessert of my niece was unfortunately forgotten. Despite these 2 negatives, I would highly recommend the place to anyone looking for Italian cuisine in the Times Sq. area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2014Lattanzi never disappoints. It has a genteel atmosphere even though it is on Restaurant Row. The cuisine is reminiscent of Rome and the artichokes shouldn't be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfection!lizasunflowerDined on 11/11/2014how wonderful that i can get 1/2 order of pasta and have it cooked especially for me...going to a show? you will be served with plenty of time to order home made tartuffo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made it to the theatercocobelleDined on 11/11/2014After a slow start, the service was efficient without seeming rushed. The food was excellent, especially the tuna carpaccio. My salmon was beautifully prepared and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hiddengemDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I visit New York City about two or three times a year. We always try to find the time, at least one evening per visit, to dine at Lattanzi. We know that three things are consistent about this restaurant. The restaurant has a romantic atmosphere, the service is top notch, and the food is very good. We always recommend Lattanzi to friends and business associates traveling to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Everything about the restaurant from the food to the staff was excellent. There is a wide variety of food. My wife had the pasta primavera and I had the veal chop. Both were the best I can remember having in a restaurant. The rest of our party of eight felt the same about their food. The Martini was a good pour and there was a nice selection of beer. Would go back to there any time I was in New York City.Special Features:
- Couldn't ask for moreRonSDined on 11/7/2014Excellent service, great food, quiet. The food selection is large and the preparation is perfect. We were fortunate to find the place for after theater dinner and will go back whenever the opportunity arises.Special Features:
- Great for pre-theatre diningCdneaterDined on 11/6/2014This was my second time at Lattanzi and by no means my last. Fantastic straightforward Italian food and impeccable service. Located on restaurant row, it's perfect for a pre-theatre meal (except that you'll eat so much you may need a nap).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chefDined on 11/6/2014The man that greeted us when we walked in was not friendly at all. Food could be better. Chicken was a little bland. Lobster was rubbery. Our waiter was very friendly and professional and the restaurant was very nice inside. When I'm paying $140 for lunch for 3 people I expected lunch to be better. I will return and give it another chance to see if it is better for me. It was recommended to me by a relative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent !!!!joanieVIPDined on 11/4/2014Great Fish!!! Great Service!!! Always consistently wonderful....Will be back again this month!!! Thank you for a perfect experience. Dennis Franz
- THEATREbb51VIPDined on 11/1/2014good spot on restaurant row...convenient and above average !Special Features:
- Specialnarb4foodDined on 10/31/2014I didn't know what to expect for our pre-theater dinner and what pleasantly surprised by one of the best meals I've ever had on Restaurant Row. Great food...Wonderful service. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014Good pre-theatre choice. Good food and service, pleasant atmosphere, and not noisy- we could really hear ourselves talk. A solid choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudeDined on 10/29/2014Great place for dining before the theatre. Located on restaurant row, easy access to most broadway shows. Good food, good service, know that most patrons are heading out for the theatre.Special Features:
- Does not disappoint!yummyDined on 10/29/2014We had a great dinner with friends we hadn't seen in a while so we spent 3 hours over dinner catching up. We were very comfortable--weren't rushed and great service. The food was fabulous! I had the pappardelle special with lamb ragu and it was just delicious.Special Features:
- Love LattanziGraceDined on 10/29/2014Highly recommend this restaurant for its food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrisDined on 10/26/2014I've visited this restaurant several times. I've yet to be disappointed. The menu is varied, the atmosphere is pleasing, and the food presentation is gracious.Special Features:
- Good food in the theater districtRonamarkDined on 10/26/2014Enjoyed the dinner on Sunday night. Some restaurants are closed on Sunday night or open only for Brunch, Lattanzi was open for dinner. The room is cosy and the tables are not too close together. The menu was varied and had many choices which were interesting. The tomato based lobster bisque was a standout. The Bronzino was delicious and presented in an interesting way. my husband ordered tartuffo, which was very good and different from the usual half scoop covered in a chocolate shell quartered. The table had real flowers and candles. Service was good but it did take a while for the bill.Special Features:
- Great Pasta! Great Service!FoodyDiDined on 10/26/2014We chose this restaurant after good reviews by TripAdvisor. It did not disappoint. The food was excellent value, homemade pasta. Service was excellent. We were a group of 8. It was quiet at lunchtime, but must be bustling ore-theatre. Definitely one to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful pre-theAfter diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014My three siblings and I found this to be a quintessential nyc restaurant and an excellent choice for our pre-show dinner during our first visit to nyc!Special Features:
- Good food but rude serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We went for pre-theater and the while the food was good (particularly the lasagna, the artichokes and the tiramisu), both the waiter and the hostess were rude. Next time, I'll go to Becco.
- TouchdownTouchdownVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is my favorite restaurant in NYC. The food is fantastic--expertly prepared and not overly complicated--letting great food speak for itself. The wait staff is amazing--I am only there once or twice a year and they remember me and treat me like a weekly customer. I can find a very nice bottle of wine on their list for $40. And I love the ambience--cozy quaint setting. Absolutely lovely.Special Features:
- Favorite StopPattyDined on 10/24/2014I always eat here when heading to NYC for theater. Exquisite Italian fareSpecial Features:
- FoodPaulaDined on 10/24/2014The atmosphere was fantastic had a romantic dinner my fiance's food was a little cold but mine was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in NYCSlocatDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant is in the theate district and has never disappointed.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014this was a perfect restaurant for pretheatre lunch and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Excellent pre theatre dinnerKMACVIPDined on 10/20/2014Smart, fast and attentive service. Very good food. Perfect choice for theatre district pre theatre dinner.Special Features:
- Italian gem!LuvNYCDined on 10/19/2014We tried this cozy, attractive restaurant after a matinee recently and were very pleased with the food, the service as well as the ambiance. The waiters were attentive but not intrusive; we were able to enjoy our meal in a relaxed and warm atmosphere. Highly recommend for the quality of food and reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian w/Fine AmbienceSylvieDined on 10/19/2014I loved the warm, rustic and yet still elegant atmosphere to Lattanzi. It was even better than it appeared online. The food was wonderful. Seafood appetizer was very fresh and delicious. Simple pasta dishes were delicious: Bucatini with smoked bacon tomato sauce was wonderful. Since we've only been there once, it's difficult to judge the service. Our waiter was not brimming with personality and did not check to see if we needed anything very often. Hard to get his attention. We would have to return again to truly judge the service but may hesitate to choose Lattanzi for a special occassion because of our first experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchNJcommuterDined on 10/19/2014Food was delicious. My friend and I were able to linger and, even better, to hear each other talk.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Have eaten here several times and each time it is consistently very good. Always a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.