361 West 46th Street
Between 8th Ave. and 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lattanzinyc.com/
- Phone: 2123150980x
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week: 11:30 am - 2:30pm,
Monday-Sunday 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Lattanzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lattanzi Ristorante is an elegant-rustic, family-owned Italian restaurant in the heart of the Theater District on Restaurant Row; established in 1984, this classic local landmark has specialized in serving traditional Roman cuisine to upscale theater-goers for over a quarter of a century.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8883553149
- Special Events: With four dining rooms, a cozy indoor garden, beautiful rooftop terrace and two independent bars spread out across both floors, we host private functions and parties for virtually any occasion and of almost every size. We have several different party menus to choose from or we can help you design one according to your style and taste.
To schedule a private event, please call 212-315-0980 and ask for the Events Manager, Ed Kostner.
A word from Lattanzi
Now in the 30th year, this "winning" Restaurant Row Italian is renowned for its "Roman style specialties". (Don't miss "those fried artichokes"), "gracious services" and "after the theater" crowd departs for a more relaxed meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lattanzi reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (125)romantic (119)special occasion (104)fit for foodies (86)great for lunch (46)good for groups (39)notable wine list (38)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We were promptly seated and within seconds a person appeared with water. The waiter was very attentive and friendly. the food was excellent and was of reasonable size (not too large or small). The pasta tasted like it was advertised (home made). Only small criticism- The lemongelo was a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Wonderful Lunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Stopped here for lunch before the theatre and had an excellent meal. Everyone in our party of 5 ordered something different and all were delicious! Service was very attentive without being annoying. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good for TheaterLexiefromChicagoDined on 8/21/2014I think this place is great especially for theater goers. I took clients to dinner here, food was good not mind blowing but good. Price seemed reasonable to me. Atmosphere was nice. I would definitely come back for another shot at it. I would not get the linguine again however I would try another dish. Attentive and kind staff. Overall a win in my book.Special Features:
- Unusual and exceptional findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Italian restaurants in NY City have a tough job standing out, but Lattanzi does, both for the quality of its food and the variety of menu offerings. It has much of the same fare as others, but supplements that with an unusual Roman Jewish menu comprising dishes we've never seen at similar restaurants. The Carciofl Alla Giudia, artichokes sauteed with garlic and olive oil, was memorable. And the seafood entrees we ordered also were excellent. Add the cordial but professional wait service and classy, but not stuffy ambiance, and the result is a restaurant you'll probably want to go back to more than once. Just sorry we didn't find it sooner.Special Features:
- Rose624VIPDined on 8/19/2014I was disappointed at this restaurant. The food was good but the service was non-existent. They completely ignored me and catered to a man who knew the owner sitting at the table next to me. Bad service. I wouldn't recommend this place or go back here again. It's an old world type restaurant.
- BGK71Dined on 8/19/2014Have only eaten here on two occasions. First time bordered on outstanding;however,not on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingCorkdorkDined on 8/18/2014Lattazni used to be a gem on restaurant row. Now it just coasts. Attention to the details, refilling glasses. Not hiding the bottle of white wine in an ice bucket in the next room. If you are going to charge $45+ for a veal chop it should be a sizable veal chop (beware chef's discretion for temperature will get you something between medium and medium well - not the expected rare to medium rare) who overlooks veal? It's become a tourist trap.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFrequentfisheaterDined on 8/17/2014I have dined at Lattanzi for both dinner and lunch...this restaurant never disappoints. The food and service are beyond excellent!Special Features:
- Great pre - theater meal.jrose529Dined on 8/16/2014We dined at Lattanzi prior to seeing If/Then and enjoyed a fabulous meal. The food was fresh and cooked to perfection. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placeCJEmiamiDined on 8/15/2014After reading reviews, we went asking for an outside table. You can feel and hear the movement in the street which blends very well with the atmosphere. Service was great and food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and near Times SquareECCTDined on 8/15/2014Went here for a pre-theatre dinner and loved it. This is the restaurant we will always go to before a Broadway show - the food is excellent, the service outstanding and it has a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/14/2014We were half way through our appetizers when the server showed up with our main course. We refused to be served until we had finished our appetizers. When the waiter came over and we explained what had happened, he graciously offered us a round of drinks when we told him we didn't want anything at that time, he then offered us some desserts. Our main course was served correctly, at which time I ordered one additional drink. I will say the food was excellent. Upon finishing our main course, we ordered one dessert to share. Going over the check I found that neither a drink or dessert had been complementary as promised. Either one would of been satisfactory. People who wait tables should not have short memories. good food, poor service.
- JdogcandyDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I went to Lattanzi as a wedding gift present on our honeymoon. We loved the ambience as soon as we walked in. The staff was very professional and friendly. We had excellent wine and a delicious dinner. We would glad go back and in fact we did four nights later. Highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightpocketsDined on 8/13/2014Thank you for having gluten free options!!! We enjoyed a special dinner for my daughter's sweet sixteen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Great food, consistent service and ideal location for the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was great, we were a large group, but it was hard to find the VERY GOOD LOOKING waiters sometimes. They seemed to spend more time in the other dining room and nobody was in our room.Special Features:
- CammieMiDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant had a wonderful atmosphere and the food was excellent. They were very accomodating to my daughter's food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un ottima CenaArchi56Dined on 8/9/2014La pasta che abbiamo mangiato ve la consiglio, sembra gustata in italia! Ottimo servizio e non troppo caro. Ve lo consiglio.Special Features:
- ExtraordinarymuskyDined on 8/7/2014This was the favorite restaurant of our trip. The food was delicious, our service great, wonderful ambience and an all around lovely place to have dinner. A very extensive menu led to lots of good choices.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateGothamDuoVIPDined on 8/6/2014The service, food and ambiance are all perfect to celebrate an important occasion. You are made to feel special and so far never disappointed with the food. Back room has the feel being in Italy under the grape vines. If you are going to see a show, they will get you out in time without making the experience feel rushed.Special Features:
- Great "after the show" experience!ValeDined on 8/6/2014The wait staff was great and the food was delicious! My fellow diners loved the sea bass, and the veal piccata melted in my mouth! High raves too for the artichoke soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdragonladyDined on 8/5/2014I've been to Lattanzi about 6 times in the past 10 years. Even considering that it is a theater-district restaurant, dependent on tourist business, the food has always been quite good. This time, with the exception of the very good Jewish artichokes, our food was stunningly mediocre. My meat-filled pasta was dry. Not enough tomato sauce to moisten it. Not much taste. The green lasagna one of my daughters' had was bland and not very good. Mushroom ravioli -- meh. Desserts tasted commercially sweet, with the exception of the creme brulee, which was dreadful. It came out warm, with the sugar crust melted to mush. When I asked a busboy to replace it he brought it back microwaved warmer still. Sad, as it's a lovely place with good service.
- Another Great MealfoodforthoughtDined on 8/4/2014My family loves Lattanzi. It was recommended to us at our hotel a few years ago and we will continue to return there whenever we are in NYC. It is the perfect location for before or after shows and the food is excellent. They have a great menu, attentive staff, and delicious food. We especially enjoyed the desserts this year - some of the best we have had in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent food!!!kdwnkDined on 8/3/2014We have been going to Lattanzi for longer than I can to mention. Whether there for brunch, dinner or pre-theater, the food and service is consistently excellent. Always a "go back to" and always recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic for before or after showginaeDined on 8/3/2014The service was so quick that it was hard to believe that the food was freshly made. However, it was very fresh and exquisite. The pastas were homemade with the freshest ingredients, finest sauces, and unbelievably delicious. For appetizers, we had the pasta bolognese and the rolled pasta with spinach and ricotta. For our main course we had branzino oreganato and veal marsala. Both superb! The veal was so thin and tender. This place exceeded my expectations.Special Features:
- Perfect Every TimeHappyDined on 8/2/2014Food and service top notch. Never Disappointed. One of the best restaurants on Restaurant Row.Special Features:
- Never disappoints....jazzgirl55Dined on 8/2/2014My favorite Restaurant Row dining spot--perfect for pre or post theatre! Food and service consistently excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014excellent dinner would certainly return/ Very good service and nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014Perfect for pre and post theater. Broad menu, everything tasty and timed for the theater without being rushed at all.Special Features:
- Great place for pre-theater dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner before the show. Food was very good and service perfect. No need to worry you will get out in time for the play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, a little empty at lunchChristineVIPDined on 7/31/2014Decor, Service, Food was great, except we were one of two tables in the whole restaurant. It made for a very surprising and awkward lunch time in the beginning; hopefully it's more busy during the evening. Definitely come here with someone you're comfortable with. keep in mind there is also a sidewalk/patio seating area. We saw it afterwards and wished we had sat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terraVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great spot for a lunch before broadway show matinee. not overcrowded and the food was great!Special Features:
- Perfect Pre show diningWinesSnobVIPDined on 7/29/2014Such a great dinner. The ambiance is great, feels like you're in Italy, and the staff is very good. They're knowledgable, and so friendly. We enjoyed the outstanding food, and awesome wine, and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Evening,HAH357Dined on 7/27/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Never had a bad meal there and service is excellent. Been going there for years.
- Nice Dinnere184jamDined on 7/27/2014Had Sunday dinner after a Broadway show. It was a nice meal after a nice showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre GemNYCTheatreMonkeyDined on 7/26/2014Lattanzi is often my go to restaurant on Restaurant Row. Whenever I'm in town or entertaining a visiting guest, I usually end up going to the Theatre and Lattanzi is a great place for a pre-theatre meal. I especially love sitting in the back room, which is set up like a garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theater rowJoeBDined on 7/26/2014its amazing that they have tasty and traditional dinner for so many people in this district full of tourists like us.
- Nice before a shownangudDined on 7/26/2014They made great French martini's and the food was very good! We went early, 5:30 reservations so it wasn't during their "night life" so can't comment on that. We had a great time with our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!JackieDined on 7/25/2014I loved Lattanzi. It's a beautiful place with wonderful food and excellent service. I got the artichoke appetizer which was fantastic. My soft-shelled crabs were among the best I've ever had -- no breading & not fried but with a great sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NIGHT--AS ALWAYSShakesDined on 7/24/2014Have been eating at Lattanzi since the 1990's and have always had a terrific meal there. It's my go-to after theatre restaurant (after a 7 p.m. curtain). Everyone I've brought there over the years has loved it as well. The wine list is varied and the food is excellent--the Jewish artichokes and the chicken cacciatore are my favorites. Can't say enough good things about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.