361 West 46th Street
Between 8th Ave. and 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lattanzinyc.com/
- Phone: 2123150980x
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week: 11:30 am - 2:30pm,
Monday-Sunday 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Tuesday-Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Lattanzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lattanzi Ristorante is an elegant-rustic, family-owned Italian restaurant in the heart of the Theater District on Restaurant Row; established in 1984, this classic local landmark has specialized in serving traditional Roman cuisine to upscale theater-goers for over a quarter of a century.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8883553149
- Special Events: With four dining rooms, a cozy indoor garden, beautiful rooftop terrace and two independent bars spread out across both floors, we host private functions and parties for virtually any occasion and of almost every size. We have several different party menus to choose from or we can help you design one according to your style and taste.
To schedule a private event, please call 212-315-0980 and ask for the Events Manager, Ed Kostner.
A word from Lattanzi
Now in the 30th year, this "winning" Restaurant Row Italian is renowned for its "Roman style specialties". (Don't miss "those fried artichokes"), "gracious services" and "after the theater" crowd departs for a more relaxed meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lattanzi reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (140)romantic (118)fit for foodies (102)special occasion (98)good for groups (48)notable wine list (47)great for lunch (45)late-night find (34)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Theater District diningLindaFromNewHavenDined on 9/26/2014Lattanzi is one of the best choices on "Restaurant Row" for pre-theater dining. It's been there for years and has a loyal following. The Italian menu is sophisticated and interesting, with special dishes reflecting the Roman Jewish background of the owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant row gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant for pre theatre....the Jerusalem artichokes were wonderful as were the pasta dishes and Frascati. We have been there many times and will continue to even when we aren't going to the theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmomVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our second time there....wonderful pre theater spot..... sorry they thought I did not check in, I always cancel if my plans change.Special Features:
- ol' reliableleighbarkVIPDined on 9/24/2014We've been going to Lattanzi for years for pre - theater dinner. The food is quite good and service is timely. Location is perfect for Broadway visitors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MableDined on 9/24/2014Because we liked it so much we went two nights in a row. Very convenient to the theatres.Special Features:
- Lattanzi is always a pleasureHalfnoteVIPDined on 9/23/2014Before theater or for a special leisurely dinner, Lattanzi never disappoints. The food is excellent, the wine is fine, and the service is perfect.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerlizasunflowerDined on 9/23/2014superb meal.....going back for the third time.....consistent taste.....service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestXintrixDined on 9/21/2014I always have dinner here at least once when I am in New York. This is where we have our private dinner parties for guests from around the world when we have UN meetings, CGI and other events. There are probably thousands of places we could go but we always choose Lattanzi. If you have more than 10, reserve the private dining room.Special Features:
- spicyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Food here was very good the portions are a bit small and every entree seems to be almost al carte.....
- Excellent dinnerChow60Dined on 9/20/2014Feel as though you are in Italy with fresh pasta, fish and our favorite sautéed artichokes. Flavors are perfect never overpowering. Wines are smooth and complimented our meal. Service is outstanding, our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love LattanziLeNoirDined on 9/20/2014This is my 3rd visit and this place never disappoints me. If I lived in NYC, I would probably eat at Lattanzi's every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway's best Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Lattanzi was, again, fantastic. Perfect for an excellent meal before a Broadway show!Special Features:
- Go during extra point timefinikyVIPDined on 9/16/2014This was our second visit. The food is solid but not special. Took advantage of the extra point time. Artichoke not as good as first time but still goodSpecial Features:
- Pre-theaterporkyVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is a perfect restaurant for pre or post theate!Special Features:
- Late Dining at Lattanzirobert1Dined on 9/15/2014Arrived late on Monday although I'm sure the restaurant proprietors were anxious to close they made us feel like family. The service was excellent the staff friendly,and attentive and the wine and food outstanding. Truly a culinary experience not to be missed.Special Features:
- pdg123VIPDined on 9/15/2014food was delicious. Great for theatre area..........................Special Features:
- Pre Theatre FindMortyZVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is our fourth meal at Lattanzi and it was better than ever. We were in NYC to see "Beautiful" with our granddaughter and her boy friend and returned to Lattanzi. Everyone loved the dinner, the service and the ambiance. It was pre-theatre and due to the rain we were all late, but they held our table and everything worked out well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after theater placeDMK101Dined on 9/12/2014We had a delicious post theater meal. The atmosphere and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Delicious!!WedinealotDined on 9/10/2014Quiet, elegant escape in the heart of the theatre district - with great food and service - amazing find! It will be our go to whenever we meet friends for dinner before a show!!Special Features:
- Lattanzi great choiceQuietdinnerDined on 9/10/2014This is great restaurant in the theater district. The food was well prepared and the service was excellent. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014A definite must for Italian lovers...excellent food and service, reasonable prices. Will be back again on our next visit to NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASSICViperDined on 9/9/2014I really like the ambiance here for everything from pre-theater to late night dining. The seafood risotto and the ravioli con funghi are two standouts. Service is top notch. Friendly, professional and, efficient. Affordable wine list and a broad range of dishes and reasonable prices. In my view, one of the best Italian restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- DisappointedECRichVIPDined on 9/9/2014Wife and daughter went for Pre-Theatre dinner which we always to NYC this is always a place to go. This time the veal chop was thinner than it use to be and the food was just so so. Will give it one more time but it seems it has been slipping lately. Last time they seated my wife and when the daughter came in 5 mins later they seated her at a different section even though my wife had checked and daughter asked if she was here. They never connected the dots... No apologies either.Special Features:
- oppyDined on 9/9/2014The service was friendly and efficient. Food presentation was very nice and the entrees were tasty and well prepared. The ambience has an old world flavor to it and overall a warm friendly place. We had a leisurely meal and still made our show curtain.Special Features:
- A Taste Of ItalyDspastaDined on 9/9/2014Fabulous food. Never disappointing. Don't miss out on the experience. You will keep on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Overall, we would recommend it to any of our friends, especially if they were going to the theater and looking for a classy italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater: Good But Not GreatEatnTellDined on 9/6/2014Overall the restaurant was just ok. The ambiance was very nice and the service was very good, quick enough to enjoy a full meal before show time, without feeling rushed. However, the food was just so-so. We ordered they signature dish - artichokes cooked Jewish style, but was disappointed by it. And suggest others pass on it. For our main dishes we had Pollo Capriccioso (chicken with peppers and onions in a tomato sauce) and Branzino Oreganata, which were both very good. The best part was the tortufo for dessert, homemade and delicious.
- A theater gemJasboDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit to Lattanzi, but it won't be our last. For a large restaurant, it was cozy because of the separate rooms. We were served in a non-rushed manner. The menu offers a wonderful selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Portions were perfect. They mention on the menu that portions are meant for one person. Right on the money. I don't like when restaurants literally just give you a taste for a serving, nor do I like when there is an over-abundance of food (wasteful and unnecessary). Like I said, the portions were perfectly sized. Will definitely keep Lattanzi in mind when in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST OKAY.NOTHARD2PLEASEDined on 9/6/2014I have had better Italian food (for a lot less money). There is no crazy, let me try this or that. Just the basics. The menu is very short (but very good). The service was very good (very attentive).
- Restaurant row gemNJgrandmaVIPDined on 9/6/20142nd time here, first time was dinner pre theatre. This time lunch pre theatre. Really delicious but kind of surprised that lunch menu was essentially the same as the dinner menu. This means it's a fairly heavy lunch as well as pricey for lunch. Will certainly eat here again but more likely for dinner not lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The soft shelled crabs were just wonderful. Check to be sure that they have them as they are seasonal.Special Features:
- one of bestbunnysbestDined on 9/3/2014in the theater district. always dependable for good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurantRdr525VIPDined on 9/3/2014Arrived 15 min before our reservation but was seated. Nice table for 2. Our waiter took our drink orders,we were served water and bread. I had the bronzini which was excellent. DH had chx milenese that came w/salad but he also ordered 1/2 order of pasta w.alfredo sauce, which I tasted too. It was very good. We shared a delicious nepolian (it was way to big for one person). Service was just right, not to sparse nor in your face would definated dine here againSpecial Features:
- Interesting FlavorsfotooseVIPDined on 9/3/2014My only issue is with the lobster part of a lunch special. It was Overcooked stringy and stingy. The rest of the meals were sot-on with unusual tastes that were very pleasant. Great treatments of mushrooms and artichokesSpecial Features:
- MehLilyhillVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our meal was fine, but nothing to write home about. Lattanzi is an old-fashioned Italian restaurant with homemade pastas and other familiar offerings. Nothing out of the ordinary, but no missteps, really. It's convenient to theaters which is the best reason to go there.
- Delicious food great staff!YummyfoodloverDined on 8/30/2014The good was absolutely great, the staff was so nice and the prices are worth the food, the quality of the good is great and very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special pasta dishlizasunflowerDined on 8/30/2014i wanted fettucini alfredo.it wasn't on the menu.they made it.......was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theatre district optionRaggyboysVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you are in the Broadway area and looking for a great pre-theatre meal on restuarnt row Lattanzi is a can't miss option, great food and they will have you to the show on time.Special Features:
- EaterVIPDined on 8/30/2014loved sitting in the 'garden' which is enclosed but bright and quietI would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteCAL09Dined on 8/29/2014Lattazzin's has been a favorite restaurant since the first time I went there with my parents. A great find in the theater district - food is good service is professional but friendly with a varied atmosphere depending on the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.