245 Front Street
Westin Key West Resort
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.westinsunsetkeycottages.com/latitudes
- Phone: (305) 292-5394
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 8:45 am - 10:45 am Lunch Daily: 10:45 am – 2:45 pm Dinner: Sunday – Thursday : 5:15 pm – 10:00 pm Friday –Saturday 5:15 pm – 11:00 pm. Your reservation time is actually your scheduled time to board the launch "Island Time" located at slip 29 in the Westin Marina.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Holender
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Groups up to 20 people welcomed. Please contact restaurant for details.
A word from Latitudes
Seclusion. Romance. Memories. Take our private launch for a 10-minute ride to the island of Sunset Key, where you’ll be warmly welcomed and escorted to Latitudes. You’ll dine on exquisite island cuisine served indoors or alfresco while overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Advance reservations are required. Your reservation time is actually your scheduled time to board the launch "Island Time" located at slip 29 in the Westin marina. Parking is complimentary in the Westin parking garage. Bring your ticket to the restaurant for validation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Latitudes - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Latitudes reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (277)romantic (275)great for outdoor dining (272)special occasion (252)fit for foodies (139)notable wine list (66)great for lunch (59)good for groups (52)hot spot (38)neighborhood gem (35)great for brunch (29)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Latitudes on our First Night in Key WestJanefDined on 11/24/2014Our family arrived in Key West for a vacation from several different areas of the country. Our first night out was at Latitude's. We watched the sunset from the Key West side then boarded a nice ferry for the short trip to Sunset Key. The restaurant is beautiful and we dined outside. Torches lit and beautiful sky and a little schooner sailed past right after we sat down. The food was excellent and the waiter very knowledgeable. I would say that you want to book an early reservation(5:30-5:45) to get to see the sun set and have some light at the beginning of your meal. The ferry picks you up at the time of your reservation. It was a great way to start our Key West week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not To Be MissedDinnerpalsDined on 11/23/2014Dinner at Latitudes has come to be a tradition whenever we visit Key West. It's our last night destination. Wonderful wine, delicious food and a spectacular view linger in our memories long after the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, average food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2014We went here for my 40th Birthday. We have dined out a lot and the food was a disappointment. Still, we had great service and the atmosphere couldn't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteOPERABUFFDined on 11/23/2014Another delightful lunch at L'attitudes. We took the earlier shuttle across to the island, and then were seated outside at a table covered by a huge umbrella. Perfect day, perfect weather. The lobster roll is delicious, and we topped off our 40th anniversary lunch with specialty coffees. The restaurant was uncrowded, the staff very friendly and efficient, and the boat ride is always fun, even if it is a short haul. Considering that free parking and free boat shuttle is included in the lunch reservation, it's a great deal and a fun place to take visitors to the Keys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in all respectswineandfoodloverVIPDined on 11/20/2014Make your reservation. Board the boat at your reservation time. Be transported across the bay. Be shown to your table either inside facing the beach or outside on the edge of the beach. Enjoy excellent food at very reasonable prices. We both had local grouper - mine grilled on a sandwich; my wife's tempura battered in tacos. Both were excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good....But1wayoverpricedDined on 11/19/20143 of us had reservations, my husband and I and our 29 year old son. We had requested out door dining but unfortunately it was raining, we did have a nice window view. Our waiter was great, very friendly and attentive. The only problem I had with the entire experience was that we were extremely surprised at the price of our "special" when our check arrived. I know I should have asked when ordering but never imagined my and my sons dinner, filet and crab claws would be $75. ea.!!! I didn't ask just figuring there wasn't anything on the menu for more than $40. My husband had Yellow snapper that was also delicious and $34. we each had 2 drinks and shared 1 desert. Our entire check with tip was $336.00. It was a first and last for us!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening meal fantastic food and ambience.TeddyDined on 11/18/2014We had a celebration birthday dinner and we all were looking forward to a special evening. We were not disappointed. A wonderful special place, the boat trip made the anticipation even better. We were greeted by our server Gillian who was helpful courteous and very knowledgable. I would thoroughly recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Latitudes to celebrate my husband's birthday. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the weather. Too cool and windy to sit outside but we had a table by the window which was very nice. No sunset due to the cloud cover but Latitudes has no control over that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectjmanDined on 11/17/2014When in Key West don't miss Latitudes for a perfect romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique (not to miss) Key West Experience!KellyDined on 11/17/2014We try to always include a dinner at Latitudes whenever visiting Key West. The boat ride to Sunset Key and back is short but beautiful. (We had dolphins escort us on one occasion.) We usually plan our visit around sunset and have never had an issue obtaining outdoor seating. The food is fabulous. It's truly a one of a kind experience. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect way to finish our honeymoon!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014My husband and I were finishing our last night of our honeymoon and decided to dine at Latitudes due to the great reviews. We were unable to secure a dinner at sunset and the next available time was 7:45PM, we were seated at 8pm. The table was on the water with palm trees, torches and candles. It was romantic. The service was amazing! The food was delicious. The portions were bigger then expected, wish we had room for desert. All in all it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Island findJakefromRIDined on 11/16/2014This hidden gem is on an island and requires a ferry which I was not aware of at first but it is convenient and a romantic ride. The servers were knowledgeable and friendly. The outdoor water view is incredible, as is the outdoor dining area, our table was on the sand next to a gorgeous palm tree. The food was expensive but it's what you would expect with fine dining but outstandingly delicious and we highly recommend this for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every dollar!!!!TrishDined on 11/16/2014Absolutely incredible! From the food to the service to the ambiance! Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! GemSheenaDined on 11/15/2014Hidden gem, the ferry ride was nice. Skirt steak was delish and coconut martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in 50+ years. Reasonable prices.DavidOrlandoDined on 11/15/2014You cannot go wrong. Beautiful location, friendly, professional services, relaxed, none rushed feeling. Considering the quality of food and service we found the prices very reasonable. The food is super fresh and perfectly cooked. We are going back next year for our 35th anniversary, So looking forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic as alwaysJedediaDined on 11/15/2014I stayed on the Sunset Key Island for the first time, it was very luxurious and certainly worth the stacks I had to drop. I made a reservation around 5:40 so my girlfriend and I could dine and watch the famous sunset from the elegant outdoor seating arrangements. We could have been given a better table since it wasn't as packed as I had assumed it was going to be but it was still very picturesque. We started with the boiled key west pink shrimp, It was two giant shrimp but they were delectable. I had the seared ocean scallops which were cooked to perfection and my lady had the lobster and crab cake appetizer which were both spectacular. I highly recommend making a very early reservation ahead of time in order to get a sunset view. Always worth my money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShrimpDined on 11/15/2014Our waiter was charming and added to the joyful day we had on Sunset Key at LatitudesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Wedding Anniversary-First Time DisappointedBAJMANDined on 11/14/2014This was our special dinner, planned for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We have eaten at Latitudes ten or twelve times in the last ten years. The food has been Five-star every time including this. The restaurant is elegant and casually chic. The menu is varied and developed with insight. The food preparation and presentation is excellent. Our server, however, was not. Slow, inefficient, surly and disconnected. We spoke with the manager after dinner, to this effect. He was very understanding, apologetic and offered his services next time we visited. We suggested the server move to another line of work, maybe where she need not interact with the public. (Just as an aside, we spoke with a couple the next morning, in the airport, that I had recognized the night before, whom were seated next to us...they stated the same opinion on the same server.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheNewMrsDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I had our wedding day dinner here and it was absolutely amazing. We started with the mozzarella appetizer, which was out of this world. I don't recall exactly how it was prepared, but if you are a fan of mozzarella and tomatoes it is a must-try. Then we moved on to their house salad, which they gladly split for us. For dinner we had the filet (mine without the Gruyere) and it was served with a delightful garlic mash and perfectly cooked asparagus. The steaks were nice cuts and cooked to perfection--juicy, nice diced mushroom topping, seasoned, but not overly so--just perfect. Throughout the meal we enjoyed a bottle of Malbec and a Syrah. We don't typically order dessert, but we indulged since it was our special day. We debated between the chocolate cake and beignets and ultimately went with the chocolate cake. The server returned with a lovely plate (beignets included!) decorated with hearts on the house. Beyond the food, the atmosphere was just wonderful. If it's not too windy, I'd suggest sitting outside and enjoying the sea breeze. Of course, the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner Spot in Key WestMalloryDined on 11/13/2014Awesome restaurant in Key West! Be sure to book reservations before you travel to make sure you can get in. And if you go around the holidays, all the palm trees are lit up, which is beautiful! A quick ferry ride brings you to the Westin's exclusive island. The food and service are the best we had our whole trip. It's definitely a must see!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmpoweringartempoweringartDined on 11/13/2014Exceeded our expectations on every level. Chosen for a special occasion, we were not disappointed on any level. Our waitress, Tanya was gracious and extremely knowledgeable of the food choices for all of our party ... Vegetarian. Lactose intolerant and Gluten intolerant ... Not an easy task. The food was as great as the spectacular ambiance....worth the special effort. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceEllenVIPDined on 11/12/2014This was one of the most outstanding dining experiences that we have had. The ferry ride to get to the private island where the restaurant is located, the beautiful waterside location for patio dining, outstanding service and delicious food all contributed to making this a truly special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Setting and AmbianceDolceitaliaDined on 11/11/2014We were a little disappointed in this evening. Food was good but not great as we would have expected. Boat ride and restaurant are wonderful. Waiter was efficient but lacking personality. didn't make us feel special for our anniversary dinner even though it was noted at time of reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private Island DiningLovetoeatDined on 11/11/2014We were on a wonderful vacation in the Keys and this was our favorite restaurant experience. The private Island dining was very romantic. We had a wonderful wait staff who were all very attentive. The snapper was wonderful, the florida lobster tail was a bit chewy and not very tasty, better to stick to maine cold water (I guess). The whole experience was enjoyable and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sunset dinning not on a boatKeithDined on 11/11/2014Sheraton's Private island so only people who are staying on the property or make reservations for the ferry are allowed. So good we went back, only place in the week at Key West we went back too. Dinner and lunch were both excellent. Good portion sizes, not too small, not wasteful. Lobster bisque was great. Plenty of beach tables with great views, even more inside dinning. Wait staff was very attentive. Free ferry and free parking in the Westin garage right at the dock (just take garage ticket to island and have them validate it for parking).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we could've sat outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Wine, appetizer, dinner and service were excellent as usual. We were seated inside and it just isn't the same as sitting outside. I wish they would guarantee outside seating because I would've preferred to go another day had I known we be seated in a bar. The main reason we like going there is to sit outside because you can't beat the ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eat but buyer bewareNotWhatItSeemsDined on 11/10/2014The menu listed Grouper as a main course dinner, but the Grouper was substituted for Mahi Mahi for the same price! When we asked for an explanation for the substitute, we were told that there would be no price adjustment even though Mahi Mahi is a lower quality fish. It is what it is, we were told. This is a very poor practice for any restaurant no alone a restaurant that charges higher proceed because of its location. It is unheard of to be charged $34.00 for Mahi Mahi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic lunch!Love2eatDined on 11/10/2014Latitudes is a hidden gem in key west. A friend went there last year for lunch & shared their experience. It was nothing short of amazing! The food & service was fanstastic. We had grilled conch fritters & the blackened fish sandwich. The sweet potato salad is a must try!! Delicious! We highly recommend & we visit next time we're in key west.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyDisappointedDined on 11/9/2014Hostess was NOT happy when I changed the reservation from 6 to 8 My dinner had to be returned, was not what I ordered, by the time they brought my dinner everyone was done eating so I ate by myself, no manager addressed the issue and I was charged full price, no offer of a drink or dessert, nothing... I thought the server was in the weeds, tables inside and out.. Did not meet my expectations!!!
- bigredmd82VIPDined on 11/9/2014A couple of the featured fish preparations wereavailable only with a substitute fish on this night and were less flavorful as a result.Special Features:
- What a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Beautiful view - great service, food and a boat ride to a private island is a bonus!Special Features:
- Awesome location & ServiceAve101Dined on 11/6/2014We totally enjoyed our experience at Lattitudes! The four of us loved the location of beach seating, which had a platform under each table, amazing. Our service was incredible not rushed and very professional. The menu was back lit which made an outside dinning experience even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- misledmisledDined on 11/6/2014was not seated outside like we were led to believe.when made resv.we were never given optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and relaxingRayandJVIPDined on 11/5/2014An evening at Latitudes is an experience. The bartender Kate is a joy. Our server Eva is excellent in every regard. The food and wine were five star. The view is wonderful. I highly recommend Latitudes.Special Features:
- Great !!!sky33186Dined on 11/5/2014Great dining all around from the atmosphere , the food and the exceptional service !!! Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the most amazing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014We had the most amazing time at this restaurant, the view was breath taking, the service and food was incrediable, we would go back in a heart beat, pricey $$$ but worth every penny, or should I say dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningjkmsaysDined on 11/4/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary n a trip to Key West. A friend told us about Latitudes and she was right. It was a beautiful unique evening and we both had a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dayIlovekeywestDined on 11/4/2014We went here after being recommended by an airplane seat mate. It was exquisite. The food was very good, Eddie was an excellent server, and it probably is the most romantic spot in Key West. Even the ferry ride over and back was fun. They were stringing white lights around the palm trees with the help of a crane the whole time we were there, otherwise the only sounds would have been the palm trees blowing. Perfect!!Special Features:
- Table for TwoDukeDined on 11/3/2014Visit Key West every year and always try to choose a different restaurant for a special meal...this year was Latitudes! Can't say enough good things about our choice - ferry trip over to Sunset Key was beautiful as sun had just set. Got dark pretty quickly once we were seated so our view wasn't that spectacular, but the tiki torches added a quiet, romantic atmosphere with an ocean breeze and the sound of the waves. Wine list was impressive and menu was extensive. We enjoyed salads, lobster bisque and crabcake appetizer. Scallops and yellowtail snapper were our absolutely delicious entrees cooked to perfection - topped off with key lime pie, of course! Our experience was made more special by our lovely server Tanya. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertflashDined on 10/30/2014Perfect setting-beautiful weather-enjoyed outside dining. Our dining partners were disappointed in their grouper. They felt it did not have the flavor discribd on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.