725 Blue harbor DR
Sheboygan, WI 53081Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blueharborresort.com/
- Phone: 9204534000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7AM- 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private & semi-private party facilities can accommodate 10-50 guests. Party rooms are appointed with stained glass, fireplace, aquarium, bar & outdoor deck overlooking the beach & waterfront promenade.
A word from Latitude
Boasting Innovative cutting edge seafood, flaming steaks & an impressive wine cellar featuring over 200 wines. A soothing sophisticated setting with soaring ceilings & towering windows nestled on the elegant shores of Lake Michigan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Latitude - Best Restaurants in Sheboygan ›
Latitude reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent ServiceLuvgoodeatsDined on 9/12/2014I really enjoyed the whole experience the only thing I would recommend on improving would be the food I ordered. The fish tacos I ordered were bland and could use some tweaking. Only regret I should have got the fish fry because the other people I was with did and it looked very good. The prices were reasonable for the type of restaurant. The server we had was very friendly and knowledgeable. We received our drinks & food in a timely fashion and picked a good time to dine. Made reservations for 6pm and it was not real busy we were seated immediately which is always a plus especially on a Friday evening. I would definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!qlbabsVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our 2nd trip from Chicago to Blue Harbor. Salad and Fish entrees were excellent. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was hoping for moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Upon entering the restaurant for the first time, was told please not to be too surprised if we wait a long time because other parties were being seated before us. Our waiter, on the other hand, moved very quickly to get us the food (since it was my husband and two kids) and a)our appetizer was undercooked b)my salad was not made to order and c)there really was nothing else served, including my scallops and my husband's puny serving of crab that was particularly impressive or worth the price. Fastest dinner I think we've ever had, felt rushed and just not comfortable. Just not impressed nor will we return.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Latitude reviews archive.
- I was not impressed with thekellDined on 4/11/2014I was not impressed with the Friday fish fry. The fries were cold. The coleslaw was forgotten until asked about. We had to wait 30 minutes for a table even though we had a reservation. Overall, not a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable DinnerSteveDined on 4/4/2014My wife, kids and I enjoyed a delicious meal at Latitude overlooking a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. The waitress at Latitude was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedGreatservicenastyfoodDined on 10/5/2013It was my sisters bachelorette party and we had chosen Latitude due to great convenience. I had made a reservation for 15 at 6 pm. Upon arrival I went to the host and told her our reservation. She said "no your reservation is for 7, I even talked to someone" I was like ahhh no considering I made the reservation online, and then showed her my confirmation email.. The food was awful, and incredibly over priced. My friend orded a $12 chicken breast! and that is all she got!! That's it just an over cooked cold piece of chicken. I had pasta which was so bland that I'm not sure my dog would have even eaten it. The service was wonderful, our waitress was more then we could have asked for. Unfortunately we wont be coming back, nor recommend..Special Features:
- locked outtravellerDined on 8/8/2013made 9 pm reservation thru Open Table but when arrived at 9, doors locked! Staff inside but no entry.
- Not as advertisedshawbadVIPDined on 8/8/2013We were spending a few days in the Sheboygan/Kohler area and Latitude was the first restaurant we visited. I made our reservations after viewing the menu on Open Table. I particularly noted that the overview of the restaurant indicated an extensive wine list. We took a table overlooking lake Michigan - but were disappointed to see the menu - very little of which resembled what was posted online, and only about 8 wine listings. There was no further wine list. When we asked, we were told that the "menu had changed" in May.Special Features:
- Wanted to love it, but just okJulesDined on 8/5/2013Pros - Ambience, some moderately priced meals (keep in mind sides are extra and can be single or family style), dessert was GREAT, reasonably priced kids menu (with coupons to use at Blue Harbor), great view (right by Lake Michigan and the Blue Harbor's designated kite flying spot), went on a Tuesday - $5 martini's! Cons - food was mediocre at best (except dessert) - ordered both specials, lobster and halibut - nothing special and overpriced, kids spaghetti was not good at all, underwhelmed by waitress - had to ask for the dessert menu when she asked if we were ready for our bill Would dine here again but stick to the more reasonably priced entrees if I ever make it back up to Sheboygan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not goodcutiepieDined on 7/12/2013Food was good, but not good enough for the price. Way to expensive!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013One of the nicer resturants in town. Great view. Went for nice walk right outside the resturants. Got free dessert for our anniversary. A great night.Special Features:
- Menu for entrees was okay,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Menu for entrees was okay, but nothing that grabbed me or my wife. We ended up getting 6 topas to share for dinner, as they did grab our attention, and were very good. I also had the lobster bisque, which was tasty, but could have greatly benefitted from some findable chunks of lobster. The kids enjoyed their kid pizza and the cheeseburger was okay, but the bun was overly toasted to the point it was crumbling. That's a pet peeve for me and my daughter, as we like a soft bun on our burgers. Overall, an enjoyable experience with my family, topped off by a memorable and inexpensive bottle of Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- A good place to take out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013A good place to take out of town guests and newcomers to Sheboygan.Special Features:
- Sub-par, We've Found Your King!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2013We should have known by the fishy smell when we walked in that we were in for trouble. When I ordered the salad that comes with cranberry and it arrived with Craisins, I should have taken that as our cue to leave. When the Wagyu beef with the veal demi showed up and it tasted off, and the demi was, if it was lucky, bottled teriyaki sauce, I should have ran for the door, but instead I told the waitress that it was "off" and her immediate, not-missing-a-beat response was, "Can I get you something else?" instead of querying or getting a manager, and that's when it all hit me. She comped my awful Wagyu beef, but not the "truffled" fingerling potatoes that went with it. My daughter's hot dog was greasy and she couldn't eat it. Avoid.
- Latitude Lacking!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Keeping it short and to the point. Myself and girlfriend both ordered the Walleye dinner. Walleye had no taste and a mushy consistency, came with a side of so called fingerling potatoes and aspargus, sounds fancy right! They were potatoe wedges like the kind you get in the frozen food section at the grocery store but worse. (hard and over cooked). Aspargus was the only good thing we had to eat. Had to ask for ketchup for the potatoes and they made some bad tartar sauce to help me choke the walleye down and that did not help. I ate two bites and girlfriend ate maybe 4 before we called it quits and waited for a drink which were both empty when she delivered the food, but didn't ask us if we wanted another. Instead sat at the register talking.
- I loved our visit. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I loved our visit. Food was great. Thought about holding a small wedding on the beach and having dinner with our parents and witnesses here this summer!Special Features:
- Lots missingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012For the prices, I expected quite a bit more. Nice room, miniscule portions of nothing special food. In my opinion, if this place wasn't attached to a hotel, it couldn't possibly stand on its own. For $20-$30 a meal, I don't think its unreal to expect a good deal more quality, quantity or both. As for service, it too was no more than O.K.Special Features:
- Lovely place. Food was good.JanKopVIPDined on 11/15/2012Lovely place. Food was good. Great location for daytime dining (great lake views, but of course not at night).Special Features:
- Our first dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2012Our first dining experience at Latitude and it was first rate. Our group of five ordered salmon, crab cakes, and steak. All were prepared to perfection! The accompanying root vegetables were also very tasty.Special Features:
- Too many simple mistakes.RguentherDined on 10/6/2012The food was good they had a few issues with the change of vegetable items on plates at our table of 5. They corrected them but by the time I got my asparagus which was not a change, I was done eating. Simple changes like this shouldn't be a problem for such a small group and there were maybe 7 tables at the time so they weren't busy either.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Great restaurant. Clay Day, the chef, did an awesome job on our meal. And our waitress, Sandra, what can I say? - she was the BEST! If she hasn't gotten a raise lately, she deserves one. Will definitely come back next year when we stay at Blue Harbor.Special Features:
- We were celebrating our 10OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary the night we dined at Latitude. Roughly a month prior I had called and left a message because I wanted to see if they could do something special for us. I never got a call back. With my opentable reservation I did write all of our special requests and that we were celebrating our anniversary. We arrived and it was as if no one read our online reservation. We faced the parking lot and then about 2 minutes after we sat down, a party of about 50 people sat down and took over the restaurant. They interrupted dinner several times with speeches and were loud. I ordered a martini and it was barely 3/4 full and mostly cranberry juice and $10. Very disappointing anniversary for us.
- A Disappointing Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2012Latitude is the Blue Harbor Resort's premier restaurant. Nice ambiance with views of Lake Michigan. There were only 3 tables occupied when we were seated 6pm Thurs nite. Hostess said something about the Bears-Packers game competing with the dining hour. The food was fair and that may be generous. My dinner companion ordered the Walleye which is a great tasting fish (when it is cooked right). Her's was dried out and well-done - a mortal sin for the restaurant's "world class chefs" they boast about. I ordered a prime rib-eye, which was cooked to order (pink) but not especially tasty and very fatty - even for a fatty cut like the rib-eye. Our desert, bananas foster, was pretty tasty. We had reserv for Fri too but skipped it.Special Features:
- Nice variety on the menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Nice variety on the menu. Service was superb. Great views of Lake Michigan summer or winter (big fireplace makes it cozy). Have been there several times and each time was a treat.Special Features:
- The waitstaff was great. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012The waitstaff was great. I ordered a raw Prime rib. The first time it came out, it was med-well, the second time was med. There was no juice as when if comes out raw. I ate a few slices in the middle which was not very flavorful because of the over cooking. The waitress offered to get a third piece, but my partner would have been done by the time I got the third piece. I gave the leftovers to him because he could use it for sandwiches. I also made reservations on line. The phone number is not on the Website. Why is that? When I made the reservation, it was not communicated to the restaurant. I had my phone with me, so she could see the reservation number. not good window seat. Came because of a birthdaySpecial Features:
- Cook at homeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2012Nothing special or fabulous about this place at all and quite honestly a total waste of money!! A shame. ALL of our steaks were not flavorful and waaay overdone. Even Chain restaurants such as Flemings, Ruth Chris and Mortons put this place to shame!!! We were really expecting a decent meal from SOME place in Sheboygan. Unfortunately, after eating out at several different places for every meal , the whole time we were here, we found NO PLACE that was even above an OKAY status.
- Not the star i was looking for!InsbobVIPDined on 8/10/2012Recommended with reservations. The evening we were there the wait staff and kitchen were overwhelmed by two weddings and the dining room. The service left a great hole in the evening. The food was good but the wait to be recognized, place and receive orders for drinks, appetizers and entrees was interminable. I'm hoping that it was just a bad night. I should add that the staff was very friendly and apologetic and did comp both the cocktails and appetizers, so they recognized the shortcomings of the evening.
- Too many dissapointments toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Too many dissapointments to type. Bottom line we left before we even had dinner
- They made a very poor CaesarBIGice2623Dined on 7/13/2012They made a very poor Caesar Salad. How does one mess up a salad?Special Features:
- We ate at Latitude on theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2012We ate at Latitude on the 4th of July and they had a limited menu and buffet, which is to be expected on a holiday. My husband and I decided on the buffet and found most of the food on to be extremely overcooked. Buffet food is not always the best, but we were very disappointed this time. The only highlights were the pasta dish and the dessert. It may have been different had we ordered off of the menu. The service was mediocre as well. Although our waitress was very nice, it took a long time to get our drinks and our plates from the buffet were not cleared unless we asked. Even though our experience this time was not good, I would like to try the restaurant again when it is not a holiday.Special Features:
- The view was great! We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2012The view was great! We had a semi private room, which was great because we had 2 small kids with us. The food was very good - We had crab cakes and bruschetta as appetizers. For entrees, we had the Wall-eye, Prime Rib and Shrimp and Mussels. Per the group, everyone enjoyed their dishes. Would recommend it to anyone staying at Blue Harbor - just be sure to check their hours and days, they're closed Sunday-Tuesday.Special Features:
- Good food......good service,,,,,beaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2012Good food......good service,,,,,beautiful scenic view////Special Features:
- We both endjoyed the appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012We both endjoyed the appetizers which were very delicious. My main course was filet of Sole pan seared. Very light and tasty. We love fish and this was well prepared. My wife had the Salmon and it was very dry cooked to long. The key in great Salmon is to be mosit. i still contend that I could match any Chef in cooking salmon on the Grill. They need to prepare for mosit and not overcooked. Otherwise we enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- Overpriced, poor service,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/8/2012Overpriced, poor service, poor food. Won't be back!
- The food left a lot to besallyDined on 5/31/2012The food left a lot to be desired. The shrimp scampi would have been better if the shrimp were not out of the frozen package of small shrimp. The sauce seemed to be garlic butter. It was not a special meal!! The location, view and staff made it a pleasant experience, in spite of the poor food.Special Features:
- This place deteriorated significantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/26/2012This place deteriorated significantly! Apparently it is owned by some new people now. The menu is boring. The special pasta was bland and overcooked. My son got salmon, which was dry and tasteless. Very disappointing experience. The only reason we went there was because the menu on the website looked interesting, but when we showed up none of the items listed on the website were there. So, beware the website is outdated. Wish they kept that Seabird and the Tapas bar. What a huge downgrade for the resort.Special Features:
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2012Food and service were very good. Prices were fair for the quality of food prepared. The view of Lake Michigan is the finest in the area. The new management has done a nice job of turning this into nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2012Great service and great food in a beautiful setting!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the experience veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2011Enjoyed the experience very much. Going back next week.Special Features:
- We tried this restaurant whenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2011We tried this restaurant when it was known as the Seabird and decided to try it now with new ownership. The menu is OK but nothing unique. We tried the Early Bird menu on Friday and found the fish fry to be below average when compared to many restaurants in the area. The view of Lake Michigan makes for a enjoyable place to have dinner and the dining room is a quiet and nicely decorated. The wine list was a disappointment. We will not return again soon.Special Features: