25 Rogers St.
Gloucester, MA 01930Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latfortythree.com/
- Phone: (978) 281-0223
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Limited Menu available in the Tavern until 11 every night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zack Sears
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Latitude 43 offers off-site catering for a variety of different events and special occasions. We offer full service event planning as well as simple food delivery for catered functions. Whether you are looking to host a clam bake on the beach, a sophisticated sit down 5 course dinner, or a family style buffet for a casual event, our event planner can work with you to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Latitude 43 offers private dining in the main dining room that can accommodate parties of up to 50 people. The room is separated from the main dining area with a heavy floor to ceiling curtain and offers views of Gloucester harbor.
- Private Party Contact: Zach Sears 9782810223x
- Entertainment: "The Stage" at Latitude 43, located in our laid back tavern, features live music Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 9:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Please see our website for this week"s musicians.
If you are looking for a mellower experience, visit our main dining room every Thursday evening for our weekly Jazz Dinner with Mark Early and Friends.
- Public Transit: Latitude 43 is a short 7 min walk from the commuter rail on Railroad Ave in downtown Gloucester. Walk east on Railroad Ave toward Pearl St. & turn right on School St, walk .2 miles & turn left at Middle St, walk 43 ft & turn right at Center St, walk 243 ft & right at Main St, walk 92 ft then turn left at Center St & turn left at Rogers St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot at Latitude 43 which can accommodate up to 30 vehicles with 2 handicapped spaces closest to the building. There is also plenty of on street parking as well as a larger public parking lot at Fisherman"s Wharf, which is only a short 1 minute walk to the restaurant.
A word from Latitude 43
Latitude 43 Restaurant and Sushi Bar is a contemporary seafood restaurant on the harbor featuring coastal cuisine and creative sushi. The beautifully constructed restaurant is a delight to the senses, featuring green architecture, museum worthy sculptures, beautiful water views, and a sushi bar lowered into the floor for an authentic sushi experience. The restaurant also houses a cozy living room with a granite fireplace and a casual tavern with a pub style menu and regular live entertainment. In the summer, dine outside on our oceanfront patio and indulge in one of our many culinary delights while sipping on a creative cocktail. In the winter, relax by the warmth of our fire with a glass of wine and a tasty appetizer.Continued
Latitude 43 is more than a restaurant, it is a truly unique aesthetic
Reservations are accepted for the main dining room only.
Latitude 43 is more than a restaurant, it is a truly unique aesthetic
Reservations are accepted for the main dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Latitude 43 - Best Restaurants in Gloucester ›
Latitude 43 reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (16)special occasion (14)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (13)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Latiude 43 Gloucester MAchickloneDined on 1/23/2014Great dinner with wonderful service. I had the butternut squash ravioli with brussel sprouts, which was very good. My partner had the Pork Chop with vegetables and it was yummy. The dessert, key lime pie, was good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Not happy with the menu changesBoxermomDined on 1/14/2014This past summer I had the best steak I'd ever eaten, at Latitude 43, which was funny considering it was a restaurant know for seafood. I was really looking forward to having it on my birthday, sadly they changed the menu and what was a beautiful sirloin with delicate truffle fries was now a thin rib eye soak in a tart chimmichurri sauce and thick steak fries. PLEASE BRING BACK THE SIRlOIN. The mussels were excellent, the Caesar salad forgettable, service was very attentive, and they did change my sides for an up charge. One of the reasons this was one of my top 2 favorite restaurants was that even a steak was fantastic there. Looking forward to the next menu change in hopes I can put it back on my top 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodjoshVIPDined on 1/11/2014We've eaten at Latitude 43 several times and it's always been excellent, it's our second favourite restaurant in Gloucester after Duckworth's. The only reason that I haven't rated it a 5 is that the menu isn't very innovative, however everything is well prepared and the seafood is very fresh. I had the mussels and the scallops, my girlfriend had the duck confit. The mussels and duck were very good and the scallops were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food + entertainmentheddyDined on 1/10/2014menu has interesting and unique options plus a full sushi bar. food was very very good and presented nicely. i will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place--great ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/10/2014Love this place--great ambiance, gracious service, marvelous menu, delicious food. The waiting room with fireplace is a charmer--the coziest place in town. We'll be back, and back, and back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Wild Mushroom SoupCapeAnnerDined on 12/31/2013Was good food New Years Eve, but tried the wild mushroom soup this evening, and it was complex and so memorable.
- Super freshMerylVIPDined on 12/31/2013The food was delicious, spiced perfectly. We had the arancini to start, then butternut squash ravioli and the salmon. The use of fresh herbs was abundant. I would definitely dine there again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood with a flairBrianDined on 12/31/2013We avoided the rush and reserved for 5pm on New Year's Eve. The service was very friendly and we were not rushed. There were mostly families when we arrived, but by 6:15 couples and small groups were starting to fill in the tables. The seafood entrees we selected (seared scallops and broiled salmon) were perfectly done and well presented. We both had half entrees and also ordered small Caesar salads. We both were well filled. The wine list was good with a variety of price points available in all categories. Our server was attentive, friendly and let us set the pace. All in all a pleasant way to start the evening before we went up to enjoy "New Year's Rockport Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnerbob40Dined on 12/29/2013Very nice venue, great food and excellent service! Fantastic "living room" with romantic fireplace. Great sushi bar with unique setting. Cozy, friendly, and value. Very hospitable bar tender and knowledgeable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch time funashleyDined on 12/26/2013The food was good as always. The waitress was friendly, quick, and attentive. My parents were visiting us from out of town, and this was our only dining out experience while they were here. It was very special and did not disappoint. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite SpotCdahl207Dined on 12/13/2013My best friend and I come here at least once a month. During the summer this is the hot spot to come to for drinks on the deck. We love the atomsphere and food. If its a late night we will go next door to Minglewood if there is live music too. Lots of options for any group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningPaulaDined on 12/8/2013Dinner before Shalin Liu concert at 7pm in Rockport. Waiter John was very attentive to our need to get to Rockport on time; he even alerted us to dishes that took a bit more time to come out of the kitchen. Our party of four shared the beet salad to start and we all ordered the roast salmon, plated with chard and sweet potato. It was delicious. Lat43 is usually more lively than it was on this late Sunday afternoon, with snow expected later on. So we had no distractions for our lively table conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals everLovetohikeVIPDined on 12/4/2013A booth by the window, great food, great service and nice ambience - a great experience. Anne had the Fennel dusted Tuba, which she said was the best dish she has ever had. On my side I took two of the vegetarian options - The Spinach and Parmesan Arancini and the Avocado salad with seaweed from the Sushi pit - a great combination. Megan was our server. She is always pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable. This restaurant is well managed by someone who knows food. Nice job Matt.Special Features:
- This is one of the best restaurantsMusDirDined on 11/24/2013This is one of the best restaurants for seafood and the staff are very polite and accommodating. Servers are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceStacySDined on 11/23/2013What a great night! Food, Drinks, And Service were all outstanding! We Will definitely be going back real soon! The Minglewood Tavern was great as well. Could Have used another bar tender, but great night! Soul Rebel Project was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatljlblueVIPDined on 11/15/2013This was our second time here. Both times the service was gray and the food was fresh and wonderful tasting. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Fabulous place. Great food--loveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2013Fabulous place. Great food--love the sushi. Wonderful ambiance and view. Gracious service. We return again and again with joy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable dinnerbgw1Dined on 11/13/2013The food and service were excellent. There were several gluten-free options, and our waiter asked the chef to confirm that certain items were gluten. I highly recommend the scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceJb17Dined on 11/10/2013Our first visit to latitude 43 . We had a reservation but chose to sit at the bar. Loved the room and the fireplace . Very nice menu selections as well . We had met the bartender before at mad fish grille and the service was excellent ! We also loved the food , and will visit the next time we are in the area ! We would recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but...ArloDined on 11/9/2013Food very good but swordfish special skimpy. Waitress not particularly attentive, She didn't deserve 20 % but the overall experience did. Very expensive even with shared appetizer and dessert.Special Features:
- Great night at 43bigtunerDined on 11/2/2013I had an outstanding presentation of scallops; spouse loved her dinner as well. Great service. Everything was exceptional except for a snarky busboy, mocking my "OMG" comment. Great artwork incorporated into room design, comfortable booths....what's not to like?Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!MichaelDined on 10/26/2013from the moment we walked in we felt as if we were the only one there. we had reservations for 6 and were seated early(about 15 minutes). our waitress was very couteous and explained all of the specials of the day. our appetizer was the Spinach & parmesan Arancinis and it was absolutely delicious. my wife had the Butternut Raviolis. they melted in your mouth. I had the bolognese. one of the best dishes i have had. all in all, our experience was nothing short of amazing. will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!DonnaDined on 10/23/2013Best sushi around!!!! Great ambience!!!! Love the lounge/bar!!! A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fall Menu a hitLovetohikeVIPDined on 10/13/2013Some great additions to the menu especially for vegetarians. The Avocado salad in the sushi section is excellent. It goes well with the butternut squash ravioli which is cooked with Brussels sprouts and oyster mushrooms. The Tuna tartare and seaweed salad are both great dishes. After a rocky summer, Lat43 has regained its footing and is back on our most favored list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining placeSatisfiedJDined on 10/12/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The baked haddock was delicious and the Asian style calamari was very tasty. There were some tourists sitting around us who were also enjoying the ambiance of the restaurant. Everyone loved the pumpkin cheesecake. Service was friendly and helpful to the tourists who were asking for directions to other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are so glad to find thisOpTabVIPVIPDined on 9/29/2013We are so glad to find this spot on OpTab. We loved the outdoor seating, such a nice building inside! Menu was ideal, the classic dishes were tasty! Our server was attentive, but the kitchen took a while. Close to 45 minutes.. but it was worth the wait out in the sunshine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal after workEllenDined on 9/27/2013I am new to the area and don't know what is a good restaurant from a dive. So I heard about the outside deck at latitude and since it was a beautiful afternoon, thought I would try it. Food was fresh and came out quick. I enjoyed it completely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealPamwhjDined on 9/26/2013My husband had scallops that were excellent and I had superb lamb chops. The ambiance was very upbeat and creative. The next time we are in the area, we plan to have sushi, as the raves were all around us and the sushi bar was really cool looking! Also, loved the view of the harbor! It was past "outside dining" when we were there but in season - it would have been my choice!Special Features:
- Great New England fare!Newtongal1Dined on 9/25/2013My out of town guest had a wonderful lobster! This was preceded by excellent parsnip soup! We had wanted to sit outside on the spacious deck, but it was too cold. The staff nicely placed us right up to windows so it felt like we were outside with a view of all the fishing boats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall lunch on the waterLovetohikeVIPDined on 9/25/2013We have been regulars at Lat43. We are happy to see some new items on the menu - this always makes a restaurant seem fresh and entices us back.The sushi at lunch was excellent and beautifully presented. Lats special feature is sitting on the deck on Gloucester Harbor on a beautiful fall day - hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooking the SeaPrimaDonnaVIPDined on 9/21/2013This is a great restaurant if you're up in the Gloucester area. It sits right on the water and in good weather has great outdoor space. We were there for lunch in September and it was very crowded outside but room inside. It has a wonderful pub as well. Parking can be challenging so give yourself plenty of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the viewBostonGurlVIPDined on 9/20/2013I was surprised at how highly rated this restaurant was on OpenTable! The food here is only OK. The only real reason to try this establishment is the view from the porch -- they overlook the water. The sushi is just passable, the swordfish over-done and the salads about what your own home kitchen could hastily produce. Not worth the price, unless you want to dine on the dock on a beautiful day.
- OVERALL GOODBobertDined on 9/12/2013We had our 21st Anniversary diiner at latitude 43 in Gloucester. Overall it was very good. The only exception was each course came too quickly. More than once, we were not finished with the previous. Seemed rushed. Also, in our online reservation it was asked if it was a special occaision, to which I answered yes, our anniversary. No mention from the waitress of it. Why ask? Despite this we would go back. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has a goodGinnyVIPDined on 9/8/2013This restaurant has a good many components to make it a good choice for lunch or dinner. We have been several times with different people and have not been disappointed. Not into sushi but they are and I hear it is quite good.Special Features:
- Quick!joel67VIPDined on 9/1/2013Never been out of a restaurant from a sit-down meal in just over 30 minutes! We were not, however, rushed. Food was good as was the service.
- Great food and wine experienceGloucesterman51Dined on 8/31/2013As frequent visitors to Gloucester every two years from Texas, Latitude 43 never disappoints. From the unique seafood preparations to the great wine list, we agree that it's one of the top restaurants on the North Shore. Great ambiance but can very loud, which seems to be something nearly every dining out experience has become today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Latitude 43GigiDined on 8/30/2013We discovered this place while we were in the area just walking through town, we went in and decided to try the lobster roll. To our surprise it was huge and at the same price others charge for one 1/2 the size, not that we have to get a huge meal but when you pay a ton for a tiny sandwich near the ocean its just a rip-off in my opinion. We always have great service at Lat 43 and everything we have tried there has been great, we go back every time we are in Gloucester.Special Features:
- LATITUDE 43 is off the Charts!HBREVIPDined on 8/29/2013Excellent Meal! Cannot wait to return for another unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood on the DeckOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2013The food was delicious. And I loved the outdoor heated deck - right on the water. Just the kind of place you would hope to find in Gloucester.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC SCALLOPSLUV2DINEDined on 8/18/2013GREAT FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE. IT WAS NICE TO HAVE A SMALLER PORTION ON THE SCALLOP ENTREE AS AN OPTION. WE CHOOSE TO EAT INDOORS WHICH WAS LOVELY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.