25 Rogers St.
Gloucester, MA 01930Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latfortythree.com/
- Phone: 9782810223x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Limited Menu available in the Tavern until 11 every night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zack Sears
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Latitude 43 offers off-site catering for a variety of different events and special occasions. We offer full service event planning as well as simple food delivery for catered functions. Whether you are looking to host a clam bake on the beach, a sophisticated sit down 5 course dinner, or a family style buffet for a casual event, our event planner can work with you to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Latitude 43 offers private dining in the main dining room that can accommodate parties of up to 50 people. The room is separated from the main dining area with a heavy floor to ceiling curtain and offers views of Gloucester harbor.
- Private Party Contact: Zach Sears 9782810223x
- Entertainment: "The Stage" at Latitude 43, located in our laid back tavern, features live music Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 9:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Please see our website for this week"s musicians.
If you are looking for a mellower experience, visit our main dining room every Thursday evening for our weekly Jazz Dinner with Mark Early and Friends.
- Public Transit: Latitude 43 is a short 7 min walk from the commuter rail on Railroad Ave in downtown Gloucester. Walk east on Railroad Ave toward Pearl St. & turn right on School St, walk .2 miles & turn left at Middle St, walk 43 ft & turn right at Center St, walk 243 ft & right at Main St, walk 92 ft then turn left at Center St & turn left at Rogers St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot at Latitude 43 which can accommodate up to 30 vehicles with 2 handicapped spaces closest to the building. There is also plenty of on street parking as well as a larger public parking lot at Fisherman"s Wharf, which is only a short 1 minute walk to the restaurant.
A word from Latitude 43
Latitude 43 Restaurant and Sushi Bar is a contemporary seafood restaurant on the harbor featuring coastal cuisine and creative sushi. The beautifully constructed restaurant is a delight to the senses, featuring green architecture, museum worthy sculptures, beautiful water views, and a sushi bar lowered into the floor for an authentic sushi experience. The restaurant also houses a cozy living room with a granite fireplace and a casual tavern with a pub style menu and regular live entertainment. In the summer, dine outside on our oceanfront patio and indulge in one of our many culinary delights while sipping on a creative cocktail. In the winter, relax by the warmth of our fire with a glass of wine and a tasty appetizer.Continued
Latitude 43 is more than a restaurant, it is a truly unique aesthetic
Reservations are accepted for the main dining room only.
Latitude 43 is more than a restaurant, it is a truly unique aesthetic
Reservations are accepted for the main dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Latitude 43 - Best Restaurants in Gloucester ›
Latitude 43 reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)great for outdoor dining (62)great for lunch (33)good for groups (24)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Inexplicably bad food for everyoneJtheGourmetVIPDined on 8/24/2014Appalling food each for all four of us. Fried food looks like something from a frozen food package. Not a single dish was even good. Hard to understand how a group with at least four restaurants on the N. Shore cannot manage to cook even at the level of an airplane meal. There is nothing to recommend this place except the decor is nice - so have a drink but eat elsewhere.
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Recommended by our hotel but such a bad experience never again. The quality of the food was poor and waitress was an uninterested host.Special Features:
- Wanted to like it...localfoodieDined on 8/18/2014But the food was disappointing. Ordered scallops with asparagus. Asparagus was very, very woody and an hour later let's say I had an upset stomach, so I'm thinking something not right with the scallops. For the money I would expect more. Nice location on the water though.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerFoodForThoughtDined on 8/17/2014I went with 3 girlfriends, all of us from out of town. We sat outside (August). The food, waitstaff, view were all awesome. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OK Dining on the WaterMarsVIPDined on 8/17/2014A very nice, scenic spot on the water. Food was average to good, but not a "foodie" location. Nice looking sushi bar, but did not sample any of the sushi offerings.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a very good dinner hereHibarVIPDined on 8/15/2014Seafood aromas greet your entry. We had a good view of the sushi "pit" and also of open kitchen. Very friendly and attentive service. Shared an amazing lobster sushi roll as appetizer – breaded and fried, with a hoisin & ginger sauce. The wine and cocktails were generously served and very good. Entrees: an overflowing basket of the best fried clams I've had in recent memory, beautifully battered, served on a bed of french fries, with a dill-speckled tartar sauce that was just right; and scallops with a truffled mushroom cream sauce, delicious, except that the accompanying asparagus and potatoes were overdone. We ended with a strawberry rhubarb dessert in a walnut crust, served with ice cream, great ending to a memorable meal. We'll be back.
- old New England for the modern agetravelingdiner26Dined on 8/13/2014my girlfriend and I took a chance on this place after her favorite restaurant closed for reservations. we were not disappointed. the menu was small and simple yet with exquisite variety and many items featured local fare (since this is coastal New England, local fish was obviously a large contributor to the menu). we arrived a few minutes early and they still accommodated us quickly. our server was very attentive and took care of us very well. the fish fry and broiled scallops were both perfectly cooked and delicious to boot. my girlfriends mango cocktail was also made perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French dînerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Very good dîner, very good place for a causal dîner for two. Table by the see...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetGalsoftheNSDined on 8/9/2014We met at Latitude 43 as a group of 3 friends celebrating a birthday. Having the 11:30 Saturday reservation gave us a good selection of seating possibilities. Two members of our party preferred to dine indoors, but our booth near the window gave an excellent view of the harbor, and breezes from the open windows helped us to feel connected with the beautiful weather outdoors. The food was excellent, and our server was congenial and very helpful. The entrees were delicious, and the desserts of the best quality! An excellent experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront diningMichelleDined on 8/8/2014The food and the service were great! Made something special for me that was not on the menu and was sensitive to my food allergy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sail into SupperSensei01913Dined on 8/7/2014Best Haddock ever - fresh and local; Salmon a bit dry, but good - yummy mashed potatoes and nicely prepared asparagus. On the water - friendly family kind of place.Special Features:
- OverratedSweetbizkitVIPDined on 8/3/2014With all the good reviews on TripAdvisor I expected more or this place. The food is OK and not too expensive but it has the location and potential to be great.Special Features:
- Good food, great settingDapperDanVIPDined on 8/2/2014Dining outside or inside, with great views of Gloucester harbor. We primarily eat seafood, which is well prepared. Excellent menu and great service.Special Features:
- Lat 43 always deliversicarusicarusDined on 7/30/2014For over 7 years, Latitude 43 has dependably offered a menu of depth and breath with a menu that has something for everyone. A full sushi program offers selections for th re novice and veteran alike. Local seafood prepared in classic New England recipes shine alongside more unique offerings such as the park kushiaki and the corn zeppolis. Service is attentive, informative and warm. What's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some great - some not so great.HawkeyeDined on 7/27/2014We started with oysters (from New York) on the half shell. The oysters were mediocre. The main course was excellent - seared scallops and broiled swordfish. Although the table was nice - harbor view from a window table - it was crowded in between two other tables in a very tight squeeze.Special Features:
- OkayNorthshoreVisitorDined on 7/27/2014The food was good, but not spectacular. Since the restaurant is a 20 min. drive from where I live, I wouldn't make a point of coming back. I'll try out the rest of Gloucester's restaurant offerings first. The decor is worth seeing, though. Overall, I and the rest of my party had a good meal and experience; it wasn't enough to make this a destination restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - will be backRedsoxfan1964VIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been before and we will be back. Nice spot outside on the water (workign sea-port, not scenic ocean) but outside. Service was a little slow but the food more than made up for it. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKLauraVIPDined on 7/19/2014Disappointed. Given the reviews we expected much more from the food and Service. Service was pretty bad and Food was just good but not memorable. More traditional dishes than anything new and fresh and modern. The restaurant has a lovely location right on the water but it doesn't really compensate for amateur service. Noise level a bit much to enjoy a relaxing evening and the ambiance left something to be desired. Might be a better spot for lunch. In the height of the summer, on a saturday evening the restaurant had avaiablity which is somewhat teilling.Special Features:
- Good ServicegoodtogoDined on 7/13/2014Overall our family had a good night out. Food was good and atmosphere was lively and fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014Great classic German pub! We hit it on World Cup Finals Sunday which was amazing. Terrific variety of German (and other) beers on tap, and a great menu which includes German classics as well as other fun bar food. A happy step back in time. We'll be back. Particularly, before/after theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceNellVIPDined on 7/11/2014We were going to the Rockport Music Festival and this was one of the only Open Table restaurants offering seating in the area. We were not disappointed. The menu offered substantial choices so my two vegetarian friends could find dishes. We shared a roasted artichoke appetizer and a flourless chocolate dessert. Delicious!Special Features:
- Beyond expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Although not a 'Gloucester' menu we expected (lunch) each of us was extremely pleased with our choices. Service were beyond what we expected. Our waiter, John B, was knowledgeable, friendly, and polite. We were two hours early for our reservation but were seated immediately. Noise was moderate because we were outside on the deck and this is a working pier. This should be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gloucester's top seafood and sushiLovetohikeVIPDined on 7/7/2014There is a lot to like about Lat43. They treat their regulars very well - so of course we keep coming back. They have exceptional wait staff - John, and for a short while, Ginger. Food quality has been getting better and better. My wife reports that her fried clams and tuna tartare were excellent. I had the black bean soup with tacos and avocado which was very tasty and an exceptionally good vegetarian risotto with grapes and fennel. The addition of the grapes gave it a sweet taste and some texture. Let's not forget the ambience. How many places in Gloucester can you have Great food and be outside? This is the only one. Other places, we have tried, are seasonal and just can't compete for a foodie's attention.Special Features:
- UnfriendlytravelgirlDined on 7/4/2014We made a reservation on Open Table for Latitude 43, and arrived 15 minutes early. We were given a beeper that was to vibrate and light up when our table was ready. The hostesses were very flat, no smiles, unwelcoming. After waiting on a bench for 55 minutes, and seeing others come in and be seated almost immediately, I went up to the hostess station and asked when our table would be ready. The hostess grabbed the beeper and looked and said they tried to reach us two times. I said it had not lit up or vibrated she insisted it must have. Remember we were sitting right in front of the hostess station. She tried to make it vibrate, no lights or vibration occurred. She said "It must be broken"no "I'm sorry" or "We can seat you now"we then left.
- CapriDined on 7/4/2014Great food, great service, our go to place for birthdays with kids and grand kids. When friends come to town.Special Features:
- Loved Lat 43!PLouVTDined on 7/2/2014We visit Gloucester to visit our son and Lat 43 is our new fave and must do every time. All three of us had a great time and had plenty of time to get to the theatre! Thanks so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but with a bone to pickKals67Dined on 6/28/2014Ate on deck which was great!!! Not too noisy but able to hear our fellow diners conversations. Drinks were good, service not that bad. Loved our appetizers but my husbands baked haddock had a bone -- so bad that he choked on the bone. Our waitress came over to check on us, I told her what was happening as my husband was still trying to cough up the bone -- she offered us bread to help. My husband had to use the restroom as he did not want to bother the other diners with his coughing. Eventually he returned but for obvious reasons did not want to finish his meal. Waitress said nothing more about his meal -- didn't even comp a drink or take money off the billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunch on the harborJandLVIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice view of the harbor from the patio tables shaded by an umbrella. Selection fried clams and fish and chips provided an ample lunch. Prices were moderate to high depending on the selection, but worth it for a special occasion or before a Gloucester Stage show. Nice sushi selection, if you like it. Very friendly staff and a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Service & AmbianceTraceyDined on 6/28/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. We absolutely love the quality and presentation of the fresh food, the decor and outdoor seating on a beautiful day and the service is superb.Special Features:
- Very good sushiArgosDined on 6/27/2014We had never eaten here before and was surprised to find out how good the sushi was. Not many exotic varieties, but the varieties we ordered were quite good. Interesting décor, including a large metal/blown glass octopus over the sushi bar. The attached bar was very busy and had a live band - but the building is well insulated so it was loud at all in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Velvet Cupcake $8.00GerryDined on 6/22/2014The scallops were well prepared and enjoyed. Bread was outstanding. The only real disappointment was the dessert item described on the menu as velvet cake. What appeared was a meager sized cupcake sliced in in half with whipped cream and bits of raspberries. To present this as velvet cake and charge $8.00 is an insult. If the restaurant insists in keeping this item on the menu, it should at least be honest and describe for what it actually is.To charge $8.00 is really a bit much!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The three things you look for in a restaurant: Great food Great service Great ambienceSpecial Features:
- Lat 43 is always great.QuarkdogDined on 6/12/2014Where else can you get a great meal, hamburger etc and also fantastic sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, well served, waterfrontnoneDined on 6/10/2014This is a consistent great restaurant. Prices are reasonable (except the wine price is high, like most restaurants), food is very good and service is usually excellent. Restaurant is nicely decorated, most tables feel private and the noise level is not bad. Someday I will try the deck which looks wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latitude 43cddinerDined on 6/8/2014We have been here several times and never been disappointed. This was the first time in daylight and enjoyed the view of the fishing boats and the ocean. The food is consistently good and we find it very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!SFIncognitoVIPDined on 5/28/2014First trip to Gloucester and ate at Lat43 twice. Food is decent to great, depending on what you order. Service was terrific - friendly and accommodating waitstaff. My one gripe - I specifically asked whether they used fresh artichoke in their risotto - I was told yes, but they obviously came from a can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Gloucester restaurantRobbieDined on 5/26/2014Easy parking, attractive indoor decor, and very nice outside deck, with umbrellas. Good harbor view and dining. The service was excellent. Seafood was very good with large fresh oysters. The lobster was properly boiled, and there were satisfactory choices of wine and beer. Overall a delightful dining experience with a very nice north shore harbor setting. GPS is very helpful in finding the location. Prices were moderate. Not a high end gourmet spot but extremely well done overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dock view & fabulous food/SvcRestauranteurDined on 5/18/2014This is my second time in Gloucester and I knew I had to eat here again. The ambience is great, the service is very good, and the view is nice as well. I had the sushi platter again and it was stellar. We shared the grilled Artichokes, sweet corn Zeppoli and Mussels and all were amazing. The Seared Scallop entree was fresh and perfectly prepared. I would recommend this restaurant as one of the top 5 in Gloucester.Special Features:
- BananaBrookeDined on 5/17/2014Waiter was excellent. Patient and offered good solutions to food and drink concerns/request.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsBostonianVIPDined on 5/11/2014So the sushi was fabulous and the sushi bar is so cool! The fried fish was so greasy my Husband had to stop eating it. Being right at the docks all their seafood should be amazing! No lobster??????? Our server was two weeks into his job, but come on, could never be found, he never brought us bread or soup spoons as requested. The only things we requested and actually got, were from other servers, hence why he only got 10% tip. Ambiance is terrific! Just need to make sure you have great service and great recipes, and you will be all set. Still miss McTees that was once there and ALWAYS perfect!Special Features: