50 North Third Street
Columbus, OH 43205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.latitude41restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6142337541x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dean J. Max & David MacLennan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Special Events: Latitude 41 with Goose Island presents a Beer Dinner fundraiser to support the Free to Smile Foundation. From our signature fresh, local ingredients to the vibrant, festive atmosphere, enjoy a unique dining experience!For information Visit our website.
A word from Latitude 41
Latitude 41 (Evolution by Celebrity Chef Dean J. Max) manifests his exquisite & unique land food creations in Columbus. Columbus is prime for his Culinary Expertise & phenomenal service execution.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Latitude 41 reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)romantic (9)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DisappointedBennMaiDined on 9/13/2014First time eating at Latitude. Took my friend for her birthday. The food was not good. It was noisy and the service was terrible. For example, the server gave us the check then about 10 minutes later, when picking up the payment, asked if we wanted to order dessert.....hmmmm : / I could say more but in summary, it was the worst restaurant I have ever eaten in Columbus.
- Great experienceJoeDVIPDined on 9/5/2014Decided to eat here upon checking in to our hotel - Renaissance Columbus. Food and service were exceptional! Would definitely recommend and return to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet at 8:30 on a Saturday nightCleoDined on 8/30/2014In town for one night on business, I stayed at the nearby Residence Inn. Latitude 41 appeared to be the right mix between close enough and nice enough. I watched as the few servers struggled with the restaurant at 50% capacity. There were 2 decent sized groups, so I was understanding, but at least give me a chance to order a second drink. The charcuterie plate mentioned it included pate, but instead came with almonds, pickles, strips of lamb fat (which they referred to as "lamb bacon"), and some cured pork slices of some sort. The pickles were weak and the lamb was almost entirely fat. The Caesar was decent. I had to ask the hostess for the check and witnessed at least one other patron do the same. Step up your game on Saturday nights!Special Features:
- Why is this place not packed!IluvbaconDined on 8/30/2014Great service! Excellent food and something on the menu for everyone! If your looking for a great place to eat downtown I would recommend, even if you are not staying at the hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was lackingmophoDined on 8/23/2014Caesar salad was really excellent. Mussels were not fresh. Had one I couldn't even swallow. Mediterranean plate was boring: cucumbers were plain, hummus had very little flavor. Spare ribs were good. For the price we paid, I definitely would not return or recommend. Sorry Lat...
- ExperienceRclarkeDined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was not very friendly nor did he do a good job of refilling drinks.Special Features:
- Anniversary to remember........!!!!ToadluvsdaBUCKSDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary here and had the best time! Our server Dillon was Awesome, very friendly, helpful and kind! He made our special moment a night to never forget and the Chef- can I say was -Fantastic to say the least...!!He personally prepared our meals and came out several times to check on us and what a great guy as well..!! The food was outrageously great and the mushroom risotto was to die for..WOW..that was something that I would drive the hour from my home just to eat....that's how good that dish was, everything was great!! Thank you all again, for making sure the flowers I ordered were on the table, the great private view, and for treating us like family!! We will definitely be coming back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just okKoenzoDined on 7/29/2014The service was excellent. My meal was just fair. The other dinner seemed to like theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost got it rightLocalladyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We dine out often so I'm a bit of a snob. With that in mind, let me just say that Latitudes 41 almost got it right. The dinner menu is not extensive. I believe ther were 6 entrees listed, but they were out of the lamb and the short ribs. My ribeye was cooked to order & my husband's chicken was good too. But I personally feel that the Benton's bacon was not used to the best of its ability. That is dropdead yummy bacon and was crumbled in the mashed potatoes & lost all its individuality. Such a shame. The service was comical at times. We gave our valet parrking voucher to waiter, but he never validated it.
- just eh...SteffiDined on 7/18/2014It wasn't just one thing but several small things. Sat us at table with honey on the seats. My sister & myself were wearing $400-$600 dresses. The Mushroom truffle pizza real was lacking that wow factor most truffle dishes present. Mussels were really good! Wine list was, eh. Our Cesar salads came out. Mine being the only one with salmon not added; I had ordered the Lamb kabobs from the small plates, which never came. I left dissatisfied and was hungry an hr later. We honestly went with it and tried to make best of it because we were there and nothing we could do once ordering. Our attitudes about our situation is the only thing that saved us that dinning experience.
- Another excellent lunchDowntownCbusDined on 6/24/2014We took a small group to Latitude 41 for lunch for a special occasion because we never have a bad meal there. Again, the experience was excellent. Good food all around, with special praise for the lobster mac-and-cheese, and fine service.Special Features:
- NiceGingerDined on 5/30/2014The menu is very limited and not too much variety. They use local ingredients which is wonderful. I wouldn't choose this restaurant if you are going with a large party with different taste to accomodate. I had the pork chops which were delicious and flavorful. The bread pudding dessert was okay but I wouldn't order again. The waiter was super efficient and friendly. I would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 602 reviews are from the Latitude 41 reviews archive.
- DisappointingHollyGDined on 5/24/2014Salad was terrible - you had to pay for bread and waiter seemed to have too much to do - Would not go back again
- Food4allLizaDined on 5/22/2014Ages ranging from 80-13; everyone had a great meal! Great service and loved the proximity to the theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!LovesdiningoutDined on 5/21/2014We ate at Latitude 41 before attending the theater. From valet to our meal, we could not have had a better experience. Thank you Katie for your excellent serving skills--taking care of all of our party of 8 needs from beginning to end. You even kept us on track to get to the theater in time! We really were treated like treasures. Thank you for a wonderful evening! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014We went before seeing The Book of Mormon, we barely had time to get to the production because the Service was so slow. The food was just average and not worth the price. A very limited food selection. I would not recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- wonderful underused gemTheatergoerDined on 5/17/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed every dish we ordered. Decent wine and beer offerings. Not crowded at all even though the Ohio Theater was sold out that night with "The Book of Mormon". According to the waiter they do not attract the local crowd as much as I believe they should. The small but varied menu had enough choices to make everyone happy. The two highlights had to be the Lobster mac and cheese, enough lobster to make be believe they use a whole one and the braised beef short ribs over polenta and vegetables, excellent! Put this on on your list when dining downtown and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014We told the waiter at the start we had Broadway show tickets and we needed to be out by 715.resturaunt was not busy. We were there at 6. Our food came out at 710. Our checks were all wrong. My pasta primavera only had peas and a few bits of cauliflower.. Missing half the said ingredients on the menu. We missed the first 15 mins if our show. Sadly dissapointed in the service and didn't have the time to complain that evening.Special Features:
- mother's day brunch visitsnickellDined on 5/11/2014I recently went here for Mother's Day brunch. The service was great, the spread of food was nice and most of my food was delicious. My only complaint was the waffles were cold and hard, they should have been made to order. Otherwise we had a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after a few yearsstillgreat3yrslaterDined on 4/26/2014Three years ago, I found this restaurant when I used to work with the Renaissance and had to have events at Latitude 41 for special dinners. I was pleasantly surprised by how great the food was as well as the focus on local produce. The restaurant has a contemporary yet rustic aesthetic. The only complaint is that it's quiet and makes it appear to not be a thriving restaurant, but I assure that the food, even after three years, is amazing. My favorites are still made: Lobster Mac & Cheese with big chunks of claw meat and truffle fries with a twist on the classic aioli and ketchup. The food itself even with a new chef since I've left, is the single reason why I always recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not great tablefoodieluvrVIPDined on 4/23/2014I love this place for business lunches...however, they insisted on a round table for 5 near the kitchen...I usually protest, but wanted to not make a deal in front of clients. We were seated at a table next to the open kitchen, made conversation a challenge at ties! food always wonderful though, so I will keep going back!Special Features:
- Nice time, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Went on a Friday night at 6. Not very crowded, we were seated right away right by a window so we could see the action downtown. The server was great, she knew the menu and the drink list. She suggested a beer for me that I loved and helped my wife find a nice Cabernet that she really liked. We got two appetizers, the cheese plate and the bread and butter plate. I liked the cheese plate much better but not much cheese. I got the hanger steak and my wife got lamb kabobs and the fried brussel sprouts. My steak was cooked right and the potatoes were very good. The lamb kabob's were over cooked but the brussel sprouts were fantastic. Valet parking was only $3. Overall good good food and drink and excellent service.Special Features:
- Tasting is wonderfulFoxyDined on 4/12/2014We had the six course Chef's Tasting with wine. This is a wonderful way to try a wide selection of the items on the menu, with the added bonus of their suggestions as to the wine pairings. Six small plates starting with the beet salad gave a taste, without being overfilling. Each selection became our favorite of the night. We tasted, after the salad, the pork bruchetta, pork shoulder, duck bourgenoign, scallapos with asparagus, and ended with a wonderful hot dark chocolate fudge cake. Each wine pairing was perfect with the meal, and featured the two Bolthouse Wine blends, and ended with a mangocello. By the end we were not only satisfied, but extremely pleased with our evening, both food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitlexieDined on 4/12/2014Food was prepared well and enjoyable, a little slow with tables close by which made it somewhat noisy but overall the experience was nice and the waiter was very knowledgeable and accommodating since we had tickets to a musical. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel restaurantDanSDined on 4/12/2014The ambiance was disappointing. It looks like a hotel restaurant, not a destination restaurant. No real atmosphere or feeling of uniqueness to it. The food was good though.
- Another good oneWmorganistDined on 4/4/2014Excellent service. Brussells sprouts salad was "lick the bowl" delicious. The short ribs were marred by being a little dry, but were otherwise very tasty. We always appreciiate the quiet ambience that is so difficult to find in any other restaurant where noise rules.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrustratingVIPDined on 3/29/2014I read some decent reviews and thought we would try it. My daughter said her sprite had more flavor than her wedge.
- Good if you like pizza...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The pizza (1 pepperoni, 1 Margarita) was good; the crust was very good. However, I didn't visit to buy pizza. My personal preference would be a wider variety to choose from.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodWmorganistDined on 3/25/2014The food is very good in this well kept secret of a restaurant. Dillon was our waiter. He has been outstanding on two visits to this restaurant. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedBMillerDined on 3/22/2014Was sat at an uneven table, where the table wobbled. Found a hair in my food. Cocktails were extremely small for the price.
- Lat 41jerizDined on 3/12/2014I really enjoyed the dining experience. The waiter was outstanding and friendly and kept up with our refills without being asked. The food was excellent and fast! You get a lot of food for the money, as i couldn't even finish the meal. Very nice quality - upscale establishment and food! Enjoyed the complimentary fruit smoothy as well. We wanted for nothing while we were there. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would eat there again when downtown. Convenient to parking also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are going to Ohio TheaterKearnyDined on 2/27/2014Close by with ground parking in between. Service is good. Menu is short but all the dishes were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service.8KBXDined on 2/25/2014Wonderful food and service. Appreciate the valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Latitude 41 has been our place to go for all special occasions. It has the best menu and is consistently great in its food quality and service.Special Features:
- Love this Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2014This is one of new favorites. Reasonably priced and it is in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Ok food but horrible serviceBobbyDined on 2/15/2014My reservation was for 8:00PM and by this time the restaurant ran out of mashed potatoes. The waiter did not take the time to learn the menu (it was a special menu for the day) and as a result we were given the wrong information about our dinner options. It took over 50 minutes to get our food on this limited menu. We ran out of wine on several occasions and at one point I had to get out of my seat to get the waiter. Food was overall good and the atmosphere was nice. The main downfall, I had spent over $150.00 on dinner to leave hungry and disappointed with the waiter. I would not go back again.Special Features:
- New to the sceneCitafood2Dined on 2/15/2014The experience was great. There were some noise level issue's coming from the kitchen that need addressed. But the food was excellent and we will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerDougDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I enjoyed another great dinner at Latitude 41 (valentines themed). The appetizers, entree, desserts and drinks were all very good. Our waiter did a wonderful job informing us about each dish as well as being attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOTS OF POTENTIALJodySaysDined on 2/15/2014Went for lunch. Hostess was friendly but kept assuming we were from out of town. Server was curt and didn't have much info on new items. Table was randomly placed, felt like we were thrown in the middle of the floor. Food was good. Limited lunch menu. Would like to try a different server and dinner menu. Would have been nice to have bread before we ordered. Wasn't offered dessert or refills. Bill delivered right after we were served. Maybe just an "off day" for them?Special Features:
- Love the location and the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Location & ambiance are great, people were friendly...but I felt like it was missing something since the last time I was there 2 years ago. We were expecting to have the same experience that we had for Valentines Day 2012. I'm not sure if it was a special menu just for that day or what? I asked about the chef that opened the place a few years ago and he has since moved on...so maybe that is why the experience was lacking. I also felt like our server was either brand new to the place or wasn't properly trained...he couldn't make any recommendations on which wine to pick in my budget or what was a popular menu item. I'll probably head back in another year or at least read more recent reviews before planning another reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.