L'ATELIER - Boulder
1739 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
L'ATELIER - Boulder
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latelierboulder.com/
- Phone: 3034427233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Radek Cerny
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for more details
A word from L'ATELIER - Boulder
L'Atelier is the studio/workshop of Chef Radek Cerny, where he and his staff offer excellence in food artistry and fine dining to their guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
L'ATELIER - Boulder - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
L'ATELIER - Boulder reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)special occasion (63)romantic (59)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (20)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointingJimRDined on 9/13/2014L'Atelier has long been our favorite Boulder restaurant, so despite a rather ordinary recent experience, we took our foreign guests there for a special dinner. The evening proved to be a succession of small disappointments. Poor seating, sommelier brought the wrong-year wine (which he realized but didn't mention, hoping we wouldn't notice), long waits due to large parties (for which the server apologized), two of the four entrees that we ordered were unavailable (when you only have about 7 entrees on the menu, being out of 2 of them is pretty limiting, and it was only 7 PM), and the Asian seafood bouillabaisse (my third choice) was not particularly good. Overall, the dinner was ok, but disappointing, & (given situation) rather embarrassing.
- RobertVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great special occasion for our 20 th anniversary. Food and service were great. Staff was very Attentive and knew the menu quite well.Special Features:
- Never fails to be fabulouscarolfbirdDined on 9/11/2014I've never had a bad meal at L'Atelier....but I have to say that the meal I had this week was the best ever. Ahi Tuna Steak was to die for - cooked to perfection. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!juliet41203Dined on 9/10/2014Lobster ravioli was to die for. Amazing escargot! wonderful cold smoked salmon, great service, great dinner.Special Features:
- OUR FAVORITE..... Bar None !!LNSDME001Dined on 9/6/2014Boulder's classic Nouveau French cuisine extradonaire. Chef Radik has over the years perfected the dining experience and created a creative, unique, pleasantly surprising one of a kind dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantJuliePDined on 9/6/2014The food and service here are exemplary. The wild mushroom appetizer was so good I'm still thinking about it three days later! We recommend this restaurant without reservation.Special Features:
- Would come again.mishkinDined on 8/31/2014Tasty! The tuna was superb, my date and I loved it. I had the foi gras, and it was perfect for taste, but a little hard to cut. The filet mignon was well cooked, as was the veal.Special Features:
- Boulder disappointmentMartinDined on 8/25/2014Made a reservation for this place based on several positive reviews and rankings. The experience was mixed but I certainly feel that there are much better alternatives in the area. Ravioli starter was great but the snails were way too chewy, both main courses (chicken and pork) were cooked too much and the dessert was simply uninspiring. Wine was good but not great and in summary I am sure you can get a much better experience in other restaurants in the area.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food, great service!! I had the lamb, my husband had the salmon - both delicious - especially the sauces, veggies, etc they came with. We sat outside so can't comment on noise level. I've already made reservations at L'Atelier for our next visit to Boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysfwlvr1VIPDined on 8/22/2014I've never had a bad meal at this Restaurant. It is by far the best food in Boulder.Special Features:
- Might be good for the areathxlaVIPDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I were visiting Boulder and stopped here for dinner due to the high rating. The lobster raviolis were excellent, but the rest of the meal was mediocre at best. The foie gras appetizer came with burnt bread. The rack of lamb wasn't very flavorful. That being said, the staff was nice and the ambiance was OK.
- Small Gem in Downtown BoulderDarbyDined on 8/15/2014We took a group to L'Atelier for lunch. The dining room is fairly small but light and airy. We had appetizers, wine and dessert as well as entrees. Two members of our group had the salmon special and raved about it. One member had read their menu on line and asked about the lobster from the dinner menu and the chef accommodated his request. The escargot appetizer was amazing. All in all this was a great experience.Special Features:
- richard52mVIPDined on 8/13/2014the most exciting place in boulder really wonderful and priced moderatelySpecial Features:
- Excellent Wine DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2014We attended the 11 Aug Burgundy wine dinner. All of the food was perfectly prepared, especially the salmon tartare and the lamb. The wines were probably the best we have had at anyone's wine dinner, but were in extremely short supply. If more wine were available, we would have preferred that the cost of the meal be higher so that we could have enjoyed a more appropriate quantity of the lovely wines, rather than just tiny sips.Special Features:
- Good not GreatJoRoDined on 8/9/2014French restaurant with no French ambience at all. Almost like a Chinese restaurant and French restaurant blend. The food was good, not great. Wouldn't consider it gourmet dining, but I did enjoy it. If I lived there I would go back, but visiting I think there are too many other better options to chose from.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-Rate in Every WayFrankDined on 8/9/2014This place is a small gem. My wife and I found it on an online search for a new dining experience in Boulder, and it is a keeper. The food is outstanding, and the wait staff are among the best we've experienced in the entire Denver-Boulder area.Special Features:
- Excellent Choice for DinnerSeafoodloverDined on 8/8/2014My husband had a fabulous dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food, ambiance and service was excellent. It is always great to have everything perfect when celebrating a special event and L'ATELIER delivers every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimejjfcpaVIPDined on 8/7/2014My wife, daughter and I enjoyed dinner here. I had the venison and it was superb - as tender and well cooked as you can find, especially out West. We enjoyed their desserts as well. I recommend this place.Special Features:
- Excellent old-style haute cuisinePickyGourmetVIPDined on 8/4/2014The atmosphere and service were outstanding and the food was delicious, if a bit old-fashioned French cuisine. The desserts were the most amazing part -- inventively presented and totally delicious.Special Features:
- Super Surprise in BoulderPCGuestVIPDined on 8/1/2014Five of us enjoyed lunch at L'Atelier in Boulder; our decision to visit there was based on Open Table reviews and we were definitely not disappointed. The menu offered something for everyone from the pate lover to the salad lover to the seafood lover and the "gotta have meat" lover. Every dish was beautifully presented and delicious. I don't think I've ever had pate done as well!Special Features:
- Thanks for FoodJJayDined on 7/31/2014L'Atelier is, as always, one of the best restaurants in Boulder and Colorado. For our lunch, the pepper soup was wonderful as was the lobster ravioli. A ham and cheese sandwich was also to die for. Our white wine was just right with a half bottle, which is perfect for lunch. The site gives you a chance to slow down and enjoy one of the joys of life, good food. It is also nice to see the owner and chef in his restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantmarydVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food and service were exceptional! I would highly recommend to all friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pampering at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014The service, ambience, food were all topnotch. My friend and I felt welcome and not rushed over an excellent lunch. This is among my favorite places to dine in Colorado.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnercolodaneDined on 7/18/2014Overall, a very pleasant experience. Consistently interesting and well-prepared food. We had two appetizers, a soup, a salad, a main entree and two desserts. My favorite dishes were the duck carpaccio, the foie gras, and both desserts. The standard house bread is outstanding. There was a slight hiccup in the dessert service. One of them was served with our coffee but the second one had to be redone due to a mishap in the oven and was delayed. I was offered a complimentary second espresso during the wait. Neither of us had wine, but did have one after-dinner drink and coffees. Total for everything before tip was only $118, so actually a very good value for our two hour dinner. Save room for dessert!!Special Features:
- One of the finestMikeyGDined on 7/12/2014One of the finest restaurants in Boulder. I will definitely return soon. The lamb chops were the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- first classhopalongDined on 7/10/2014Everything from start to finish was first class. Waiter was helpful, funny and a gem. Appetizers, main course and dessert was superb. The fresh toasty bread was hard to resist. This restaurant many the birthday we were celebrating even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not outstandingleefpeeper3VIPDined on 7/9/2014We Liked most of our food items. They were good but not outstanding. We expected outstanding. The restaurant was not full but we were early and midweek. The Lobster Ravoli was the best dish at our table. We would go back for that dish.Special Features:
- BroomfieldBillyDined on 7/1/2014Radek always makes a visit to L'Atelier a memorable and gustatory experience. Bravo!Special Features:
- Pleasant ambiance, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014A nice, quiet place for lunch. I had the sirloin au poivre (I was expecting more of a pounded in peppercorns, rather than swimming in sauce) that was still very tasty and my date had the crispy duck, which was excellent with a very fresh and delightful salad underneath. All in all, a very nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine!BoulderCoupleDined on 6/29/2014As always, the most sophisticated culinary creations - in a town ripe with great chefs - L'Atelier is a gem of Boulder. We also love that it's quiet enough to easily converse - unlike most restaurants.Special Features:
- Boulder TripGT500VIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellent "white cloth" restaurant. Impeccable service - very quiet and conducive to meal enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwissMissDined on 6/20/2014Great service, excellent food. The wall of chocolate is a must for desert, great to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014The finest restaurant in Boulder. Consistently exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulBeachloversVIPDined on 6/15/2014Celebrated Father's DAY and Birthdays in our favoirite special occasion spot. As always very happy with everything. L'Atlier is consistenty wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulSpeedenDined on 6/14/2014Small intimate restaurant with an interesting and delicious menu. Pricey but the portion sizes aren't skimpy like many restaurants of this caliber. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was great, and...DevoteeVIPDined on 6/13/2014The asparagus soup was fabulous. BUT! The blueberry tart was one of the top five desserts of all time! Loaded with cinnamon and just heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Meets ExpectationsAnthonyDined on 6/12/2014While not disappointed, it is important to note that the restaurant meets expectations, yet does not exceed them where service is concerned. I think this is an important distinction when a restaurant is trying to compete with places of very high caliber. We return because other members of the family are so fond of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/11/2014They know the wine we like and it was chilled and ready for us when we arrived. Fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014We went to this restaurant based on the Gabby Gourmet 2012 Heavenly review - it is out of date. This was a week night so it was quiet but there was only one waiter taking care of all the tables - inside and out. He was nice but not attentive. Our main courses were mediocre at best. The beurre blanc sauce with my scallops was separated into an oily mess. Six days later we cant even remember what my husband ordered - not memorable! Meanwhile, at one point the chef came out of the kitchen to speak with other guests and was holding a huge hunk of beef that was drooping our either side of his hand. It was a very unappetizing sight (and we are beef eaters). I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- great food and serviceMikeDVIPDined on 6/8/2014We love L'Atelier. Favorite restaurant in Boulder and maybe anywhere. Meals are always special. I had the foie gras and the filet. My wife had the soup special, the crab salad and the lobster ravioli. We had cherries and strudel for dessert. They also have a great wine selection and gin selection. I was given an impromptu gin tasting after not having the gin I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.