L'ATELIER - Boulder
1739 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
L'ATELIER - Boulder
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latelierboulder.com/
- Phone: 3034427233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Radek Cerny
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for more details
A word from L'ATELIER - Boulder
L'Atelier is the studio/workshop of Chef Radek Cerny, where he and his staff offer excellence in food artistry and fine dining to their guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
L'ATELIER - Boulder - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
L'ATELIER - Boulder reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)fit for foodies (78)romantic (69)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (25)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful restaurantmarydVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food and service were exceptional! I would highly recommend to all friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pampering at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014The service, ambience, food were all topnotch. My friend and I felt welcome and not rushed over an excellent lunch. This is among my favorite places to dine in Colorado.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnercolodaneDined on 7/18/2014Overall, a very pleasant experience. Consistently interesting and well-prepared food. We had two appetizers, a soup, a salad, a main entree and two desserts. My favorite dishes were the duck carpaccio, the foie gras, and both desserts. The standard house bread is outstanding. There was a slight hiccup in the dessert service. One of them was served with our coffee but the second one had to be redone due to a mishap in the oven and was delayed. I was offered a complimentary second espresso during the wait. Neither of us had wine, but did have one after-dinner drink and coffees. Total for everything before tip was only $118, so actually a very good value for our two hour dinner. Save room for dessert!!Special Features:
- One of the finestMikeyGDined on 7/12/2014One of the finest restaurants in Boulder. I will definitely return soon. The lamb chops were the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- first classhopalongDined on 7/10/2014Everything from start to finish was first class. Waiter was helpful, funny and a gem. Appetizers, main course and dessert was superb. The fresh toasty bread was hard to resist. This restaurant many the birthday we were celebrating even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not outstandingleefpeeper3VIPDined on 7/9/2014We Liked most of our food items. They were good but not outstanding. We expected outstanding. The restaurant was not full but we were early and midweek. The Lobster Ravoli was the best dish at our table. We would go back for that dish.Special Features:
- BroomfieldBillyDined on 7/1/2014Radek always makes a visit to L'Atelier a memorable and gustatory experience. Bravo!Special Features:
- Pleasant ambiance, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014A nice, quiet place for lunch. I had the sirloin au poivre (I was expecting more of a pounded in peppercorns, rather than swimming in sauce) that was still very tasty and my date had the crispy duck, which was excellent with a very fresh and delightful salad underneath. All in all, a very nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine!BoulderCoupleDined on 6/29/2014As always, the most sophisticated culinary creations - in a town ripe with great chefs - L'Atelier is a gem of Boulder. We also love that it's quiet enough to easily converse - unlike most restaurants.Special Features:
- Boulder TripGT500Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent "white cloth" restaurant. Impeccable service - very quiet and conducive to meal enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwissMissDined on 6/20/2014Great service, excellent food. The wall of chocolate is a must for desert, great to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014The finest restaurant in Boulder. Consistently exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulBeachloversVIPDined on 6/15/2014Celebrated Father's DAY and Birthdays in our favoirite special occasion spot. As always very happy with everything. L'Atlier is consistenty wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulSpeedenDined on 6/14/2014Small intimate restaurant with an interesting and delicious menu. Pricey but the portion sizes aren't skimpy like many restaurants of this caliber. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was great, and...DevoteeVIPDined on 6/13/2014The asparagus soup was fabulous. BUT! The blueberry tart was one of the top five desserts of all time! Loaded with cinnamon and just heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Meets ExpectationsAnthonyDined on 6/12/2014While not disappointed, it is important to note that the restaurant meets expectations, yet does not exceed them where service is concerned. I think this is an important distinction when a restaurant is trying to compete with places of very high caliber. We return because other members of the family are so fond of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/11/2014They know the wine we like and it was chilled and ready for us when we arrived. Fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014We went to this restaurant based on the Gabby Gourmet 2012 Heavenly review - it is out of date. This was a week night so it was quiet but there was only one waiter taking care of all the tables - inside and out. He was nice but not attentive. Our main courses were mediocre at best. The beurre blanc sauce with my scallops was separated into an oily mess. Six days later we cant even remember what my husband ordered - not memorable! Meanwhile, at one point the chef came out of the kitchen to speak with other guests and was holding a huge hunk of beef that was drooping our either side of his hand. It was a very unappetizing sight (and we are beef eaters). I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- great food and serviceMikeDVIPDined on 6/8/2014We love L'Atelier. Favorite restaurant in Boulder and maybe anywhere. Meals are always special. I had the foie gras and the filet. My wife had the soup special, the crab salad and the lobster ravioli. We had cherries and strudel for dessert. They also have a great wine selection and gin selection. I was given an impromptu gin tasting after not having the gin I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbHeavenlyDined on 6/7/2014L'Atelier is our favorite special occasion restaurant (2-3) times a year. The food is always exquisite and creative. The staff is the most professional in town (without the attitude found at other local 5 stars. The duck is heavenly and the seafood entrees are extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EveningDinerDined on 6/1/2014The service was attentive and quite friendly. The decor is not particularly elegant and somewhat idiosyncratic but basically okay. Unfortunately, the acoustics of the room are problematic. I felt as though I as was seated at the table next to me and part of their conversation so overall noise is an issue. The wine list was respectable but the food quite frankly is very average. The portions I was served were too large and too rich in my opinion and there was nothing distinctive about the quality of the food or the presentation.Special Features:
- tastyHavenFDined on 5/31/2014Food was exceptional! Second time to this place and loved it this time around too! Service was also notable, meaning server went above and beyond by bringing us more toast points even before we had to ask. Live the location being on Pearl St too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coplumberDined on 5/30/2014Superb restaurant, consistently!! One of the two or three best in Colorado.Special Features:
- Lacking referenceEuropeDined on 5/27/2014Looking for something a bit more divers in menu, I ended up at l'atelier. I had asked for a glass of champagne to be ready on the table when we arrived as it was a special oocasion. We found 2 baby bottles of pink bubbles with a screw cap on our table.. Very poor presentation, taking dowm the intent completely. Following that, a carpacio was served with ketchup, capers and onions, coverring the dish, NOT DONE!! The main dish was presented even more poorly (looking like refried beans) and the size of the lobster was substandard, they realised it was too poor, so they added some shrimp on top to compensate. Overall, dissapointing for a 300 dollar for 2 meal, although the wine was surprisingly good while the AC was killing the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Evening!neverfollowVIPDined on 5/23/2014Had a wonderful evening. I have dined here before, service was unusually a little slow. Food was great as alwaysSpecial Features:
- My fav restaurant bar noneJazz2dineDined on 5/22/2014Unreservedly this is my favorite restaurant. My expectations are always exceeded here. The dishes are imaginative and delicious. L'atalier is my number one recommendation to anyone who loves food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food is always top notch here, and the wine list is amazing!Special Features:
- cute decor and good foodLoveGoodCuisineDined on 5/17/2014The most notable decor were the fish shaped light fixtures made from old printed material. The atmosphere was cute, although the space was a little cramped and the tables to close together. The food was delicious and caters to people with an adventurous palette, with menu items like escargot, fois gras, and veal sweet breads. I highly recommend the escargot, the duck and duck, and the lemon cheesecake. All were fantastic. The pear flambe was also quite delicious for those looking for a less sweet dessert. The price was good for the quality of the food and the wine list is diverse, although the restaurant would benefit greatly from a sommelier. The wait staff was not prepared to offer wine recommendations that paired with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Atelier Is SpecialboulderfoodiesDined on 5/12/2014Though L'Atelier has a limited menu, it is a good thing because it is hard enough making a decision as it is. And L'Atelier is consistent. We have had a wonderful meal every time, and we have been to L'Atelier at least ten times, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable meal all-aroundmvpskiDined on 5/8/2014My family chose L'Atelier for a celebration dinner and it was outstanding in every way. The service was excellent and included a personal visit at our table by the chef. Our meal, which included appetizers, full dinner, desert, and several bottles of wine, was truly extraordinary. The food quality and presentation is second to none. Because of the occassion (local university graduation) the restaurant was packed - this did not impact service in any way but the tables were pretty close together and the noise level was higher than normal, but to be expected. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quality dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Evening!neverfollowVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food and service was excellent. They also have a notable wine list.Special Features:
- Oui!HavenFDined on 5/3/2014Service was pleasant, food was especially delicious with nice presentation, atmosphere was good but a little small. Overall it was a great place for an anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014We had a perfect evening at L'Atalier. The food and wine were superb, and the service was impeccable. The staff was able to accommodate food allergies in a straightforward and professional manner.Special Features:
- L'atelier is outstandingColok8Dined on 5/3/2014L'atelier is one of Boulder's gems. In a town where there are a lot of foodie wanna be's and waiters that are pretentious and arrogant, L'atelier shines through consistently. The food is always excellent; the chef has done a good job retaining the beloved standbys (the lobster ravioli) but keeps the menu fresh. The attitude is honest excellency. They are not overly impressed with themselves, but let the food and service speak for itself. I couldn't be more weary of pretentious Boulder waitstaff who overshare about 100% organic cotton napkins and filtered water from goodness-knows-where. If you want a delicious meal with professional waitstaff to help you enjoy your experience, visit L'atelier. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Amazing DinnermmacDined on 4/30/2014We went for a wine dinner and had an amazing time. We always expect the food to be great, but the courses started out to-die-for and just kept getting better. The wine paired with it was exceptional. And at the end, one of the customers got out his banjo and played music to end our night. Awsome!Special Features:
- Laurent WestJamesVIPDined on 4/29/2014My favorite French restaurant in Paris is Laurent near Rue de Fauborg. This small restaurant in Boulder is not as elegant nor as extensive a menu but just as good. The Asian Bouillabaisse, the Hawaiian Sea Bass on pommes puree, the tuna tartare, the girotte all made for a delicious meal. The service was informative and fast and the Sancerre perfectly chilled. Wish we could come back.Special Features:
- JandDDined on 4/26/2014We made a reservation for four for dinner on Sat. night. When we arrived, our table was ready and we were warmly welcomed. The service was impeccable and the food was perfect. We would recommend this restaurant to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rememberance of Things PastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014With a nod to all things French... Including Proust ... Not a single sour note. a truly memorable eve. A night we will recall often and fondly.Special Features:
- Pre Easter dinnerBdayDined on 4/19/2014Service and food was excellent. Small restaurant. Got a little noisy when it filled up but tolerable. Have always loved Radek's restaurantsSpecial Features:
- The Perfect Dining ExperienceDrPaulDined on 4/18/2014From the roasted red pepper soup to the slightly effervescent, slightly sweet desert wine, everything was perfect. Waiter Ben, and longtime L'Atelier employee, always enhances the dining experience with his extensive knowledge of the restaurant's offerings and his second-sense about just what it is that you might be looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.