L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/atelier-joel-robuchon-french-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 7028917358x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5pm-11pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Benjamin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Reservations 7028911433x
A word from L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
A masterpiece from France's Chef of the Century, L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon is the culinary workshop of the gourmet mastermind. Featuring unique counter service where your dinner is prepared right before your eyes. Enjoy tapas, a tasting menu, and wines from around the world in a friendly and interactive atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (96)notable wine list (66)romantic (47)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- WonderfulMichelinstarDined on 9/11/2014One of my former head chefs worked as a sous chef for Joel in Europe and he was able to deliver some fantastic dishes for our customers but I can see that his ideas have only gotten better with time which is fantastic. The food was clever and at times surprising with wonderful complexity, balance and a richness that can only be delivered by the most careful prep and highest quality of produce. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80,000 pennies… worth every one..NommerDined on 9/7/2014We believed it was going to be worth it to go for the full tasting menu with the wine pairing. Nine courses and five glasses of wine later, we were perfectly full, pleasantly tipsy, and very happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvellous!VeraDined on 9/4/2014Excellent experience, dishes incredibles and the pomme musseline is inbeliveable. Everything was perfect. We Love it! Must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!MrsCunningham10Dined on 9/4/2014This is the best dining experience I have had in a long time!! I was so overly impressed, I was at a loss for words! DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE! It is pricey and worth every penny. Service was impeccable. Sommelier was great and chose the perfect wines for pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite.NCYYCDined on 9/3/2014Expensive but worth every cent. My favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un grand repas.MedicisDined on 9/2/2014pour moi c est le meilleur de Las Vegas!!!! Les gents sont tres gentils et les menus fixes formidables!!!!! Les vins tres bons.Special Features:
- 25th anniversaryVisitingchefDined on 9/2/2014We went there to celebrate our 25 th and it was amazing. The food was incredible and the service was absolutely top notch. The atmosphere is perfect for romance even though we ate at the bar. It was full but not crowded. If I lived out here I would be a regular and I will visit on my next trip to vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in VegasRobertVIPDined on 9/1/2014I have eaten here three times, and this is the second rave review I am inspired to leave. The food was superb and the service flawless. If you want to experience the best, then this is your placeSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in Vegas!RidgieloverDined on 9/1/2014Fabulous 4-course tasting dinner celebrating my friend's birthday! The gazpacho was excellent --- best I've ever had, the veal ravioli savory with what I think was just a touch of fennel, and the suckling pig confit main course unbelievably delicious! Of course, the dessert tarts were just perfect to round out the fabulous meal! Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful with menu choices, as was the sommelier with our bottled wine selections. We had requested to be seated at the black granite bar that surrounds the open kitchen, making the enjoyment of the evening quite memorable as we watched the expert kitchen staff prepare every dish. Truly a fantastic meal and one we have told many friends about already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extreme DisappointmentLove2dineWellDined on 8/31/2014The decor is severe, the restaurant is loud, and the servers spout a barrage of untruths to customers. We ordered the tasting menu, which was an utter failure. Nothing was remarkable, and most dishes were unappetizing. The fish was dry, the foie gras ravioli was chewy and overcooked, the scallop carpaccio lacked any flavor, and the desserts were something less than what you can get in a grocery store bakery. Even worse, the servers outright lied about dishes and wine selection. One server attempted to advise that Vueve was a brand of champagne exclusive to the restaurant. Another server advised that the Dory fish is a fish that is farmed solely from the waters of France. Both are incorrect. I will never patronize a Robuchon location again.
- Wonderful French FoodReillysluckDined on 8/30/2014We had the Steak Tartar and the Foie Gros with with Quail. The Steak Tartar was tender with a beautiful balance of sour and salty, and The fries were a nice compliment to the sour and meatiness of the Tartar. The Quail was something special. The Foie Gros was succulent and full of flour and highlighted the tender, slight gameness of the Quail. The service was also very good, and I wasn't bothered at all by the proximity of the restaurant to the casino (In fact, I hardly noticed it.). The restaurant is certainly worthy of its Michelin Star. This didn't bother me but the restaurant does charge for water.Special Features:
- Best Meal EverMurieDined on 8/28/2014Had the seasonal tasting menu with wine pairings and it was worth every penny. Simply delicious. Loved sitting at the counter and watching the goings on in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, amazingly high pricesamnesiacDined on 8/21/2014I was REALLY impressed with the food. I mean, REALLY. I still thought the prices were pretty high. For 2 people we spent $485 out the door with 1 cocktail each. Thats a lot.Special Features:
- Hair in the foodBaldBabsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Ordered the Seasonal Discovery Menu at $168. Found a two inch long black hair which I pulled out from under the stuffed Piquillo pepper after eating several bites. No reduction in the check total. Disgusted by the hair in the food and by the manager's apparent attention to the bottom line rather than quality cleanliness, food prep and customer consideration. I ate at the other MGM Joel Robuchon restaurant in 2006. Framed the menu and have raved about the memorable experience since. One of my companions at that earlier meal has since passed and I went to L'Atelier to remember him and the 2006 experience. That's why I did not immediately leave L'Atelier, tried not to make the hair the defining moment. I should have left.
- ExceptionalLiv2eatDined on 8/19/2014Every bite is a special experience. Love the food, the decor, service and I can't wait to go back again. It was my second time and they are consistent in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and foodEatery84VIPDined on 8/18/2014Food was great, service was great. Sitting at the kitchen-view bar was a great experience. We got to see the precision that was used to make all our dishes. The small plates were a great way to taste much of the famous cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJC808VIPDined on 8/16/2014The best part of our meal was the amuse-bouche which was a foie gras parfait with port wine reduction and parmesan foam and the Bordier butter that was served with the bread. The butter had the texture of a semi melted brie cheese. The desserts were fanciful in appearance but didn't taste as spectacular as they looked. There's an extensive menu so I'd like to try more things, some dishes were great (kampachi). The foie gras served with a bouillon base was nice, better than the cold prepared torchon of foie gras. I would go back just because there were many other items on the menu I'd like to try. I did enjoy the set up of seating at the counter where you could see the preparation of the dishes up close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable foodie experienceMMzatDined on 8/8/2014An incredible food journey. The service was impeccable. And the suggested tasting menu was and brilliant food odyssey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingdiscerningdinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014I was looking forward to my tasting dinner, but came away very disappointed. I went alone, and was struck by how rapidly each dish was served to me, as opposed to couples. I had to tell my server not to rush my meal. Aside from the scallops, nothing was memorable. My tasting dinner at Picasso, however, was outstanding in every way: the food, the service, the pacing of the meal, and less expensive than L'Atelier!
- Memorable experience!FantasticDined on 8/4/2014Sitting at the counter watching the chefs create their masterpieces with such care and attention to detail was incredible! Having eaten at Joel Robuchon next door (which was also amazing) we knew about some of the special touches (eg. different bread choices and bigger portions of mashed potato) and it seemed no problem for our server to get us those little treats. It was VERY expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and atmosphereJhnellorxDined on 8/4/2014Went there for my bday Aug 4, did the $80 menu that has 2 appetizers, 1 entree and 1 desert. Superb! The food melts in your mouth and the flavours are unreal. The atmosphere was great and the staff were respectful, polite and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... OK ambienceSEAdinnerVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food is excellent as is the wait staff. However, the restaurant feels run down. For this price range, I don't expect tattered menus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Food was excellent! Service was very good! Ambience was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared for amazingAdventures4lifeDined on 7/30/2014It was a full dining experience. I've never eaten a better meal.Special Features:
- Vegas HighlightBacchus2530Dined on 7/29/2014Had to visit Vegas for work and wanted to have a really nice dinner out. L'Atelier was recommended by a friend in the food business, foie gras for dinner. We were seated right away, our coats were taken for us so that we could relax and enjoy dinner. Eddy, our waiter, was not only knowledgeable about the food but was eager to talk about his favorite restaurants around the country. I love it when the server is in love with the food as well. The steak tartare was lovely, I usually like it a little bit spicier but it was delicious. Do not skip out on dessert! It's worth it.Special Features:
- wowHeartfeltsfDined on 7/28/2014Our experience was amazing- we enjoyed it so much. Watching the food being served is fascinating. I would go again but bring deep pockets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post wedding meal - amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was our post wedding meal, and there is only 1 word to describe the evening - amazing!! Being a chef myself, I have eaten in some of the best restaurants around the world, and this meal was up there with the best of them! Some of the dishes were probably the best I have ever had!!Special Features:
- dombouletDined on 7/25/2014One of the best diner experience I had. I had the discovery menu. The food and the ambience where excellent but I have to say I expected a little bit more from the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLuv2eatDined on 7/23/2014Great food and excellent service. Waiters were attentive and friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSnackBuddyDined on 7/20/2014We had a delightful meal of small plates. Love the presentation and flavor combinations, as well as the open kitchen. Be sure to allow about 2 hours, you do not want to rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experience.ellieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Almost as great as Joel Robuchon next door but not quite. The 5 course tasting menu is an exploratory start though the snapper carpaccio was bland. The veal ravioli tasty but not really worth the $10 upgrade. The calamari was soft and evenly distributed amongst the scallions and sauce, but the tender, moist duck was the highlight of the meal whereas the pork belly confit was a bit contritely pressed as if to squeeze out the flavors. The french baguette and rolls were fresh and definitely Parisian grade quality as were the dessert tarts. Service was up to par as expected for that kind of place. Overall, a repeater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding as alwayslittlegto67Dined on 7/16/2014We eat here every time that we come to Vegas. Chef Benjamin is amazing. We always get the seasonal tasting menu because we want to see what Chef has created this time and we are never disappointed. Watching your food being prepared before your eyes is a large part of the experience in this restaurant and it's amazing. Every dish is meticulously prepared down to the last leaf and they are all stunningly beautiful. The dishes taste better than they look which is amazing since they all look gorgeous. This is not a cheap restaurant by any means, but it is certainly worth every penny to us. Please do not show up in a t-shirt and flip flops, business casual is preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014Abosolutely spectacular!! Sit at the bar! Talk to the staff, laugh, eat (everything is insanely delicious), and most of all leave feeling blissful. We had the most amazing experience, can't reccomend it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath takingly goodcrsaintDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary dinner. We both thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We ordered the cheese assortment and four small plates to share. Everything was so rich that we were too full to order dessert. I thought I was going to get more grief from my husband about choosing a french restaurant, as he is more of a steakhouse kind of guy, but he agreed that he would be more than happy to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous for special birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014Sat at chef's counter and watched the plating, chatted, very engaged staff work to make sure you understand what you're eating, where it came from and despite being 12 courses of French fare, never got snooty about their divine feast. A big splurge with fantastic wine pairing, but totally worthwhile. By the way, the Atelier is the more 'casual' of the 2 Robuchon dining rooms at MGM; the other had lots of linen and crystal and would not have been our thing. But we're sure the food is equally fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we wanted it to be!LarrybbaldwinVIPDined on 7/10/2014For our anniversary we returned to l'atelier a and we weren't disappointed. We love the bar seating overlooking the kitchen and were treated to impeccable food and exemplary service. Great wine selection that was reasonably priced when compared to the level of the restaurant added to our enjoyment. Expensive but perfect for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exiled to SiberiaKPKidVIPDined on 7/8/2014Given Robuchon's excellent cuisine in Paris, his restaurant in Las Vegas seemed a no-brainer. And, the food did not disappoint. Every dish was excellent, when ultimately served. But, service was appalling at best, and non-existent at worst. Not just the waiters, but everyone, including senior management, couldn't have cared less about if, when or how we were served. Our waiter disappeared for long stretches of time, and chatted up attractive women the rest of the time. If you'd like even a bare minimum of proper service, so that your food arrives on time, and is the right temperature when served, stay as far away from this place as possible! As my wife told the maitre d', we felt as if we'd been exiled to Siberia!!
- Excellente cuisine pour Las VegasJoelDined on 7/7/2014Venant de Suisse et aimant la bonne cuisine, ce fut un plaisir de manger un repas digne de ce nom. Cela dit manger au bar un tel repas et extrêmement dommage tout comme le faite que personne ne parle un seul mot de français chez... Robuchon. Et chers américains, prenez le temps de manger et d'apprécier, tout est beaucoup trop expédier. Mais cuisine très haute qualité et super cadre, carte des vins à tomber. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food so so serviceFightsfiresVIPDined on 7/5/2014Overall I have to say I expected more and better. Food was certainly excellent, but for someone who is supposed to be one of the top chefs in the world, it wasn't spectacular. The service was no where the quality it should beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerryVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very disappointing. If you want good service, get the wine pairing with you meal. If not, prepare to be neglected. Food very underwhelming.