L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/atelier-joel-robuchon-french-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: (702) 891-7358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5pm-11pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Benjamin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Reservations 7028911433x
A word from L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
A masterpiece from France's Chef of the Century, L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon is the culinary workshop of the gourmet mastermind. Featuring unique counter service where your dinner is prepared right before your eyes. Enjoy tapas, a tasting menu, and wines from around the world in a friendly and interactive atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)special occasion (93)notable wine list (59)romantic (47)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love Robuchon!LuvHIDined on 11/25/2014The food was amazing!!! It was amazing to watch how the food was prepared by the chefs. You can see that they give the same amount of effort and detail on every single dish they prepare. We will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be 5 stars but noJafeyVIPDined on 11/24/2014The food and service by the waiter make this one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is the hostess. When we got there she said it would just be a few minutes because they were getting the table ready, so we gladly waited. As we were seated we walked by over half of the empty tables just to be seated in the back corner at the bar. It was a slow night there and the tables sat empty the whole time so the fact that our reservation got us two seats at the bar was very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything it should be and moreSnuggsVIPDined on 11/17/2014thoroughly enjoyed the experience from the greeting at reception through and including the hostess hunting me down in the casino to return my cell phone. The food is of course one major element, and it did not disappoint. The service, another significant element was also, was noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner experienceatlfoodieVIPDined on 11/17/2014We made reservations in advance of our trip to Las Vegas. I was excited to visit this restaurant and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious. Fantastic service. We did the seasonal menu tasting. Everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATBayBayDined on 11/9/2014Everything was great except that we have to sit by the bar. It was an anniversary dinner with my GF and we prefer to sit across from each other and not beside each other. That took away a bit of the "fine dining" feeling we were expecting. Asked to switch to a table but they were all reserved for a party of 3 or more. Food was great, nothing to complain about. Not filling but as expected. Service was top notch. Environment was amazing. Sitting by the bar will be the reason why I will not recommend a party of two!I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dinning expirience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend, and we really enjoy the food, I think it has been one of the best restaurant I have been. The price/quality equation was exceptional. It was great, and definitely will come back to try some more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Fantastic neoclassical French cuisine. Amazing selection of hi-end wines. Expect to drop some significant $$$$. Party of four with a couple bottles of relatively inexpensive wine ran well in to the four digit range.Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencepastryqueenDined on 11/5/2014L'Atelier Joel Robuchon in the MGM Grand Hotel Las Vegas, surpassed all expectations. The decor is sensuous, the wait staff professional, knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly. The presentation simply exquisite, the taste divine. It is probably one of a very few restaurants where you want to sit at the counter-it is an open kitchen and being able to watch 'the show' only adds to the whole magical experience.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceLittasDined on 11/4/2014Sitting at the bar seemed odd at first glance, but watching the kitchen works flawlessly was real fun. Food was creative and very tasty. Not a place for kids or even groups though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Tin22Dined on 11/1/2014Thankful to have experienced a meal here. I love and appreciate the work that was put in to each dish. Foie gras has changed my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEGER POUR UNE ETOILE !THOMDined on 10/30/2014SERVICE IMPECCABLE, TRES BELLE PRESENTATION DES PLATS MAIS CULINAIREMENT LEGER POUR 1 ETOILESpecial Features:
- Very Good But Not GreatGourmetVIPDined on 10/29/2014Appetizers were mediocre -- snapper carpaccio was not great and grilled calamari with vegetables so-so. However main courses, particularly pasta with lobster was outstanding. Desserts were very good. Beautiful place with flawless service.Special Features:
- Arrogant Chef, Great experienceFoodLoverDined on 10/28/2014Great dining experience and beautiful food with excellent service by the waiters who are very well informed. Unfortunately the only let down is the arrogant chef who believes he is better than the customers he prepares food for. But what chef isn't arrogant eh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquis!VielavieDined on 10/28/2014Many recommended this restaurant. If you are interested in how a cuisine works and should work, got to l'Atelier. Listen carefully: you will hear "Oui, chef!" Chef en résidence Steve Benjamin has a knack for finding the perfect "brigade", very dedicated professionals. The amuse-bouche is very surprising good - high quality foie-gras, and parmesan emulsion. My favorite appetizer is the endives: simple, fresh and high quality oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of my life!MeredithDined on 10/25/2014This was the best meal of my life. Joel's menu is as much a visual feast as it is a culinary whirlwind. Each item that we ordered was exciting, balanced and exuded an exceedingly refreshing playfulness that I have never experienced anywhere else. Definitely worth the price and will surely be a meal you will relive with those who had the fortune to dine with you.Special Features:
- Amazing mealbgvegasDined on 10/25/2014First time dining at L'Atelier. We choose one of the Prix fix options after reviewing the menu. Everything was prepared in front of us in the open kitchen. This is defiantly a dining experience to be enjoyed and savored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICDerekDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful meal and service....outstanding. We would go again!Special Features:
- Fabulous???CRBLIVIPDined on 10/13/2014After reading about Joel Robuchon I was expecting a FABULOUS meal and while the presentation was fabulous the meal was excellent and what I would expect from ANY top rated restaurant--but I do not feel it was THAT much better then some many other excellent restaurants available. We shared the sole and it was very very good--and very large. The dessert was also very good--The one item that was FABULOUS--the mashed potatosSpecial Features:
- Muy buen restaurantRjmpDined on 10/13/2014Excelente restaurant, nada barato pero si sabes a lo que vas es muy adecuado. Comida y servicio excelente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the bestYummDined on 10/13/2014Also did e by Jose and Joel Robuchon at the mansion. This experience was less expensive but the food was better than both.Special Features:
- Modern take on the classicsDinnerat8VIPDined on 10/12/2014An interesting concept and experience, especially since we had dined at Picasso the night before. We opted for the prix-fix tasting menu with wine pairings. The quality of the food was exceptional with extraordinary presentations. Some courses soared and a few fell a bit flat. The foie gras course was particularly disappointing, as it was presented as a bland soup with tiny foie gras stuffed ravioli. Perhaps I'm a little old fashioned, but I prefer an unctuous slab of foie gras! The wine pairings were superb, and the dessert course was fantastic. You can make whatever type of meal you want by selecting small plates or opt for a full menu, but be prepared to spend some serious cash. You do get a heck of a show from the kitchen though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening!!RRJRDined on 10/12/2014We came to Vegas to eat at great restaurants for a 4 day weekend. This meal was the highlight of our trip, and one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. I would highly recommend one of the tasting menus that give you a great sample of multiple items on the menu. We both chose the 5 course menus. I would definitely order the 6 course menu on our next visit because we did not want the awesome yummy food to stop coming!!! The food was prepared to perfection. The presentations were fantastic. The service could not have been more attentive. If you are a foodie and love to watch the preparation of truly great food, I would try to get seats at the counter overlooking the kitchen. The experience is truly amazing and unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerFlaggVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of Vegas's best. Tasting menu definitely a great way to go. Very knowledgable and attentive staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJanisintallyDined on 10/9/2014I always dine here at least once on each trip to Vegas. The seasonal tasting menu was outstanding. I recommend sitting at the chefs bar that surrounds the small kitchen. Fascinating watching them prepare your meal. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- A Vegas GemBasilKDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and choice of wine - perfect sized portions from a European point of view - We never fail to impress friends (business and personal) when we introduce them to this gem.Special Features:
- Great Food Came with a Surprise.BrooklynBobVIPDined on 10/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at L'Atelier but not without some tension. I made our reservation on Open Table and was confirmed. I knew this was Fine Dining and was prepared to spend $200 per person. When we arrived, the maitre d' had our reservation and showed us to our stools at the counter. I told her I had reserved a table. She said tables are only for four guests. Couples must sit at the counter. She said I would have been told this if I had called the restaurant directly, instead of using a computer. Well, after a conversation, they relented and we were shown to a table. We ordered from the Small Plates menu which lets you taste a number of the chef's creations. With a bottle of champagne, we spent over $500 and it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic10thanniversaryDined on 10/7/2014The food was phenomenal!! We did the season discovery menu with the wine pairing... unbelievable!Special Features:
- Fabulous!KariDined on 10/6/2014An amazing overall experience.The seasonal tasting menu was fabulous. The service was exceptional. An amazing overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is OutstandingMangoKissVIPDined on 10/6/2014Food is amazing. Everything we ate was outstanding. The kitchen is completely open, the place is clean. Ambiance is beautiful - black decor and red roses. Flavors that you would never think go together are paired expertly. Service is very good - the staff is very professional but friendly and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissrjmwDined on 10/5/2014When we went the menu was recently updated. While some of the dishes were spectacular, others fell well short of our expectations. Greasy, flavourless food is not what you expect at Robuchon. It didn't help that the evening's chef just made excuses, saying their food is supposed to be oily, or that every time the door opened we were assaulted with cigarette smoke from outside. I suspect our experience was not on par with their own expectations or standards, nevertheless, it was a disappoinet overall.Special Features:
- Much Fame-Median Food-Bad ServiceBellagioDined on 10/2/2014We arrived 15 min before the schedule there was availability but asked us to wait than at schedule time we have to wait more 15 min even with availability. The service was poor the same as fast food and even then we had to wait almost two hours to finish our dinner. The account had been billed in error and with extras prices for some dishes. TerribleSpecial Features:
- greatfoodie4lifeDined on 10/1/2014took my parents there had an amazing diner, i did the full tasting menue , my dad the the steak , mom did the lobster, great from start to finish, and 5 star srevice, wowSpecial Features:
- Fallen starjosmagDined on 10/1/2014We had the SEASONAL DISCOVERY MENU and every course was mediocre. It claims a Michelin star, but that was in 2009. We could not find any foie grais in our quail, the fish was not well prepared, everything is way to expensive and the service is not worth any star.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014One of (if not the) best dinners I have ever had. Unbelievable food and a unparalleled dining experience.Special Features:
- Worth the moneySharonDined on 9/25/2014We did the seasonal Chef's tasting and it was amazing. To us, the 300 dollar tab was worth every penny. The food was not only delicious, but a feast for the eyes as well. I enjoyed watching all the chefs working and applying their decorative touches with tweezers. The service was impeccable. To my surprise, I even enjoyed the popcorn ice cream. I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants a meal to remember.Special Features:
- outstanding across the board!BonfireandMosimoDined on 9/23/2014The total dining experience. Very knowledgeable staff. Didn't over play service, didn't miss a beat either. Perfect execution. The food was out of this world. Best quail of my life. Best sweetbreads ever ever ever!!! The s chartreuse souffle was delightful, the Langston, the presentation... etcs. If you are into food, it is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLaufucaDined on 9/22/2014We really had a good moment and experience dining at L'Atelier. Food and service were very good. Only point for improvement is too cold air conditioning.Special Features:
- Tasting menu with wine paringGregVIPDined on 9/20/2014We did the tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was very good and it was neat to sit at the counter and watch the kitchen action. But our bill was almost $600 (two people, before tip), which was about twice what I think it was worth.Special Features:
- Very special experience for foodiesNickyICDined on 9/18/2014Sitting at the bar allows you a prime view of the kitchen and the exquisite food preparation. Everything is presented beautifully and tastes amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Top-Tier Dining ExperienceCincyBobDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is very special. French fine dining in the desert might strike you as a bit heavy and out of step with the climate, but that is absolutely not the case here. The restaurant focuses on small plates, and the food is creative and modern - not heavy. One of the top dining experiences in the city, and very highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.