L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/atelier-joel-robuchon-french-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 7028917358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5pm-11pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Benjamin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Reservations 7028911433x
A word from L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
A masterpiece from France's Chef of the Century, L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon is the culinary workshop of the gourmet mastermind. Featuring unique counter service where your dinner is prepared right before your eyes. Enjoy tapas, a tasting menu, and wines from around the world in a friendly and interactive atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)special occasion (96)notable wine list (65)romantic (49)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- FANTASTICDerekDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful meal and service....outstanding. We would go again!Special Features:
- Fabulous???CRBLIVIPDined on 10/13/2014After reading about Joel Robuchon I was expecting a FABULOUS meal and while the presentation was fabulous the meal was excellent and what I would expect from ANY top rated restaurant--but I do not feel it was THAT much better then some many other excellent restaurants available. We shared the sole and it was very very good--and very large. The dessert was also very good--The one item that was FABULOUS--the mashed potatosSpecial Features:
- Muy buen restaurantRjmpDined on 10/13/2014Excelente restaurant, nada barato pero si sabes a lo que vas es muy adecuado. Comida y servicio excelente.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the bestYummDined on 10/13/2014Also did e by Jose and Joel Robuchon at the mansion. This experience was less expensive but the food was better than both.Special Features:
- Fantastic Evening!!RRJRDined on 10/12/2014We came to Vegas to eat at great restaurants for a 4 day weekend. This meal was the highlight of our trip, and one of the best meals that I have ever eaten. I would highly recommend one of the tasting menus that give you a great sample of multiple items on the menu. We both chose the 5 course menus. I would definitely order the 6 course menu on our next visit because we did not want the awesome yummy food to stop coming!!! The food was prepared to perfection. The presentations were fantastic. The service could not have been more attentive. If you are a foodie and love to watch the preparation of truly great food, I would try to get seats at the counter overlooking the kitchen. The experience is truly amazing and unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerFlaggDined on 10/11/2014One of Vegas's best. Tasting menu definitely a great way to go. Very knowledgable and attentive staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJanisintallyDined on 10/9/2014I always dine here at least once on each trip to Vegas. The seasonal tasting menu was outstanding. I recommend sitting at the chefs bar that surrounds the small kitchen. Fascinating watching them prepare your meal. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- A Vegas GemBasilKDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and choice of wine - perfect sized portions from a European point of view - We never fail to impress friends (business and personal) when we introduce them to this gem.Special Features:
- Great Food Came with a Surprise.BrooklynBobVIPDined on 10/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at L'Atelier but not without some tension. I made our reservation on Open Table and was confirmed. I knew this was Fine Dining and was prepared to spend $200 per person. When we arrived, the maitre d' had our reservation and showed us to our stools at the counter. I told her I had reserved a table. She said tables are only for four guests. Couples must sit at the counter. She said I would have been told this if I had called the restaurant directly, instead of using a computer. Well, after a conversation, they relented and we were shown to a table. We ordered from the Small Plates menu which lets you taste a number of the chef's creations. With a bottle of champagne, we spent over $500 and it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic10thanniversaryDined on 10/7/2014The food was phenomenal!! We did the season discovery menu with the wine pairing... unbelievable!Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014An amazing overall experience.The seasonal tasting menu was fabulous. The service was exceptional. An amazing overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is OutstandingMangoKissDined on 10/6/2014Food is amazing. Everything we ate was outstanding. The kitchen is completely open, the place is clean. Ambiance is beautiful - black decor and red roses. Flavors that you would never think go together are paired expertly. Service is very good - the staff is very professional but friendly and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissrjmwDined on 10/5/2014When we went the menu was recently updated. While some of the dishes were spectacular, others fell well short of our expectations. Greasy, flavourless food is not what you expect at Robuchon. It didn't help that the evening's chef just made excuses, saying their food is supposed to be oily, or that every time the door opened we were assaulted with cigarette smoke from outside. I suspect our experience was not on par with their own expectations or standards, nevertheless, it was a disappoinet overall.Special Features:
- Much Fame-Median Food-Bad ServiceBellagioDined on 10/2/2014We arrived 15 min before the schedule there was availability but asked us to wait than at schedule time we have to wait more 15 min even with availability. The service was poor the same as fast food and even then we had to wait almost two hours to finish our dinner. The account had been billed in error and with extras prices for some dishes. TerribleSpecial Features:
- greatfoodie4lifeDined on 10/1/2014took my parents there had an amazing diner, i did the full tasting menue , my dad the the steak , mom did the lobster, great from start to finish, and 5 star srevice, wowSpecial Features:
- Fallen starjosmagDined on 10/1/2014We had the SEASONAL DISCOVERY MENU and every course was mediocre. It claims a Michelin star, but that was in 2009. We could not find any foie grais in our quail, the fish was not well prepared, everything is way to expensive and the service is not worth any star.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014One of (if not the) best dinners I have ever had. Unbelievable food and a unparalleled dining experience.Special Features:
- Worth the moneySharonDined on 9/25/2014We did the seasonal Chef's tasting and it was amazing. To us, the 300 dollar tab was worth every penny. The food was not only delicious, but a feast for the eyes as well. I enjoyed watching all the chefs working and applying their decorative touches with tweezers. The service was impeccable. To my surprise, I even enjoyed the popcorn ice cream. I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants a meal to remember.Special Features:
- outstanding across the board!BonfireandMosimoDined on 9/23/2014The total dining experience. Very knowledgeable staff. Didn't over play service, didn't miss a beat either. Perfect execution. The food was out of this world. Best quail of my life. Best sweetbreads ever ever ever!!! The s chartreuse souffle was delightful, the Langston, the presentation... etcs. If you are into food, it is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLaufucaDined on 9/22/2014We really had a good moment and experience dining at L'Atelier. Food and service were very good. Only point for improvement is too cold air conditioning.Special Features:
- Tasting menu with wine paringGregVIPDined on 9/20/2014We did the tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was very good and it was neat to sit at the counter and watch the kitchen action. But our bill was almost $600 (two people, before tip), which was about twice what I think it was worth.Special Features:
- Very special experience for foodiesNickyICDined on 9/18/2014Sitting at the bar allows you a prime view of the kitchen and the exquisite food preparation. Everything is presented beautifully and tastes amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Top-Tier Dining ExperienceCincyBobDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is very special. French fine dining in the desert might strike you as a bit heavy and out of step with the climate, but that is absolutely not the case here. The restaurant focuses on small plates, and the food is creative and modern - not heavy. One of the top dining experiences in the city, and very highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guillermo y Flora MerinoFloraDined on 9/16/2014We have been many times in Paris and we enjoy it in las Vegas too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- l'Atelier AmazesDocGDined on 9/15/2014Michelin star quality food served in a more laid back atmosphere. Seating is arranged around an open kitchen where you watch the food prep and be dazzled by the presentation . Great wine list and a staff the accommodates. I would recommend the quail stuffed with foie gras or the sweetbreads. I requested a dessert normally just on the tasting menu which had buttered popcorn ice cream which was phenomenal. Would highly recommend you try this restaraunt and be adventurous in your food choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMichelinstarDined on 9/11/2014One of my former head chefs worked as a sous chef for Joel in Europe and he was able to deliver some fantastic dishes for our customers but I can see that his ideas have only gotten better with time which is fantastic. The food was clever and at times surprising with wonderful complexity, balance and a richness that can only be delivered by the most careful prep and highest quality of produce. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80,000 pennies… worth every one..NommerDined on 9/7/2014We believed it was going to be worth it to go for the full tasting menu with the wine pairing. Nine courses and five glasses of wine later, we were perfectly full, pleasantly tipsy, and very happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvellous!VeraDined on 9/4/2014Excellent experience, dishes incredibles and the pomme musseline is inbeliveable. Everything was perfect. We Love it! Must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!MrsCunningham10Dined on 9/4/2014This is the best dining experience I have had in a long time!! I was so overly impressed, I was at a loss for words! DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE! It is pricey and worth every penny. Service was impeccable. Sommelier was great and chose the perfect wines for pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite.NCYYCDined on 9/3/2014Expensive but worth every cent. My favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un grand repas.MedicisDined on 9/2/2014pour moi c est le meilleur de Las Vegas!!!! Les gents sont tres gentils et les menus fixes formidables!!!!! Les vins tres bons.Special Features:
- 25th anniversaryVisitingchefDined on 9/2/2014We went there to celebrate our 25 th and it was amazing. The food was incredible and the service was absolutely top notch. The atmosphere is perfect for romance even though we ate at the bar. It was full but not crowded. If I lived out here I would be a regular and I will visit on my next trip to vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in VegasRobertVIPDined on 9/1/2014I have eaten here three times, and this is the second rave review I am inspired to leave. The food was superb and the service flawless. If you want to experience the best, then this is your placeSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in Vegas!RidgieloverDined on 9/1/2014Fabulous 4-course tasting dinner celebrating my friend's birthday! The gazpacho was excellent --- best I've ever had, the veal ravioli savory with what I think was just a touch of fennel, and the suckling pig confit main course unbelievably delicious! Of course, the dessert tarts were just perfect to round out the fabulous meal! Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful with menu choices, as was the sommelier with our bottled wine selections. We had requested to be seated at the black granite bar that surrounds the open kitchen, making the enjoyment of the evening quite memorable as we watched the expert kitchen staff prepare every dish. Truly a fantastic meal and one we have told many friends about already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extreme DisappointmentLove2dineWellDined on 8/31/2014The decor is severe, the restaurant is loud, and the servers spout a barrage of untruths to customers. We ordered the tasting menu, which was an utter failure. Nothing was remarkable, and most dishes were unappetizing. The fish was dry, the foie gras ravioli was chewy and overcooked, the scallop carpaccio lacked any flavor, and the desserts were something less than what you can get in a grocery store bakery. Even worse, the servers outright lied about dishes and wine selection. One server attempted to advise that Vueve was a brand of champagne exclusive to the restaurant. Another server advised that the Dory fish is a fish that is farmed solely from the waters of France. Both are incorrect. I will never patronize a Robuchon location again.
- Wonderful French FoodReillysluckDined on 8/30/2014We had the Steak Tartar and the Foie Gros with with Quail. The Steak Tartar was tender with a beautiful balance of sour and salty, and The fries were a nice compliment to the sour and meatiness of the Tartar. The Quail was something special. The Foie Gros was succulent and full of flour and highlighted the tender, slight gameness of the Quail. The service was also very good, and I wasn't bothered at all by the proximity of the restaurant to the casino (In fact, I hardly noticed it.). The restaurant is certainly worthy of its Michelin Star. This didn't bother me but the restaurant does charge for water.Special Features:
- Best Meal EverMurieDined on 8/28/2014Had the seasonal tasting menu with wine pairings and it was worth every penny. Simply delicious. Loved sitting at the counter and watching the goings on in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forgot we were in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/26/2014what a nice, calm experience in the middle of the MGM casino. I really forgot we were in Vegas. The chefs tasting menu is the way to go. I cant say that every course was perfect, but every course was good. Some courses were excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing food, amazingly high pricesamnesiacDined on 8/21/2014I was REALLY impressed with the food. I mean, REALLY. I still thought the prices were pretty high. For 2 people we spent $485 out the door with 1 cocktail each. Thats a lot.Special Features:
- Hair in the foodBaldBabsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Ordered the Seasonal Discovery Menu at $168. Found a two inch long black hair which I pulled out from under the stuffed Piquillo pepper after eating several bites. No reduction in the check total. Disgusted by the hair in the food and by the manager's apparent attention to the bottom line rather than quality cleanliness, food prep and customer consideration. I ate at the other MGM Joel Robuchon restaurant in 2006. Framed the menu and have raved about the memorable experience since. One of my companions at that earlier meal has since passed and I went to L'Atelier to remember him and the 2006 experience. That's why I did not immediately leave L'Atelier, tried not to make the hair the defining moment. I should have left.