L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/atelier-joel-robuchon-french-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 7028917358x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5pm-11pm Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Benjamin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Reservations 7028911433x
A word from L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand
A masterpiece from France's Chef of the Century, L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon is the culinary workshop of the gourmet mastermind. Featuring unique counter service where your dinner is prepared right before your eyes. Enjoy tapas, a tasting menu, and wines from around the world in a friendly and interactive atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
L'Atelier Joel Robuchon - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)fit for foodies (96)notable wine list (68)romantic (51)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful French FoodReillysluckDined on 8/30/2014We had the Steak Tartar and the Foie Gros with with Quail. The Steak Tartar was tender with a beautiful balance of sour and salty, and The fries were a nice compliment to the sour and meatiness of the Tartar. The Quail was something special. The Foie Gros was succulent and full of flour and highlighted the tender, slight gameness of the Quail. The service was also very good, and I wasn't bothered at all by the proximity of the restaurant to the casino (In fact, I hardly noticed it.). The restaurant is certainly worthy of its Michelin Star. This didn't bother me but the restaurant does charge for water.Special Features:
- Best Meal EverMurieDined on 8/28/2014Had the seasonal tasting menu with wine pairings and it was worth every penny. Simply delicious. Loved sitting at the counter and watching the goings on in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, amazingly high pricesamnesiacDined on 8/21/2014I was REALLY impressed with the food. I mean, REALLY. I still thought the prices were pretty high. For 2 people we spent $485 out the door with 1 cocktail each. Thats a lot.Special Features:
- Hair in the foodBaldBabsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Ordered the Seasonal Discovery Menu at $168. Found a two inch long black hair which I pulled out from under the stuffed Piquillo pepper after eating several bites. No reduction in the check total. Disgusted by the hair in the food and by the manager's apparent attention to the bottom line rather than quality cleanliness, food prep and customer consideration. I ate at the other MGM Joel Robuchon restaurant in 2006. Framed the menu and have raved about the memorable experience since. One of my companions at that earlier meal has since passed and I went to L'Atelier to remember him and the 2006 experience. That's why I did not immediately leave L'Atelier, tried not to make the hair the defining moment. I should have left.
- ExceptionalLiv2eatDined on 8/19/2014Every bite is a special experience. Love the food, the decor, service and I can't wait to go back again. It was my second time and they are consistent in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and foodEatery84VIPDined on 8/18/2014Food was great, service was great. Sitting at the kitchen-view bar was a great experience. We got to see the precision that was used to make all our dishes. The small plates were a great way to taste much of the famous cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJC808VIPDined on 8/16/2014The best part of our meal was the amuse-bouche which was a foie gras parfait with port wine reduction and parmesan foam and the Bordier butter that was served with the bread. The butter had the texture of a semi melted brie cheese. The desserts were fanciful in appearance but didn't taste as spectacular as they looked. There's an extensive menu so I'd like to try more things, some dishes were great (kampachi). The foie gras served with a bouillon base was nice, better than the cold prepared torchon of foie gras. I would go back just because there were many other items on the menu I'd like to try. I did enjoy the set up of seating at the counter where you could see the preparation of the dishes up close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable foodie experienceMMzatDined on 8/8/2014An incredible food journey. The service was impeccable. And the suggested tasting menu was and brilliant food odyssey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingdiscerningdinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014I was looking forward to my tasting dinner, but came away very disappointed. I went alone, and was struck by how rapidly each dish was served to me, as opposed to couples. I had to tell my server not to rush my meal. Aside from the scallops, nothing was memorable. My tasting dinner at Picasso, however, was outstanding in every way: the food, the service, the pacing of the meal, and less expensive than L'Atelier!
- Memorable experience!FantasticDined on 8/4/2014Sitting at the counter watching the chefs create their masterpieces with such care and attention to detail was incredible! Having eaten at Joel Robuchon next door (which was also amazing) we knew about some of the special touches (eg. different bread choices and bigger portions of mashed potato) and it seemed no problem for our server to get us those little treats. It was VERY expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and atmosphereJhnellorxDined on 8/4/2014Went there for my bday Aug 4, did the $80 menu that has 2 appetizers, 1 entree and 1 desert. Superb! The food melts in your mouth and the flavours are unreal. The atmosphere was great and the staff were respectful, polite and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... OK ambienceSEAdinnerVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food is excellent as is the wait staff. However, the restaurant feels run down. For this price range, I don't expect tattered menus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Food was excellent! Service was very good! Ambience was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared for amazingAdventures4lifeDined on 7/30/2014It was a full dining experience. I've never eaten a better meal.Special Features:
- Vegas HighlightBacchus2530Dined on 7/29/2014Had to visit Vegas for work and wanted to have a really nice dinner out. L'Atelier was recommended by a friend in the food business, foie gras for dinner. We were seated right away, our coats were taken for us so that we could relax and enjoy dinner. Eddy, our waiter, was not only knowledgeable about the food but was eager to talk about his favorite restaurants around the country. I love it when the server is in love with the food as well. The steak tartare was lovely, I usually like it a little bit spicier but it was delicious. Do not skip out on dessert! It's worth it.Special Features:
- wowHeartfeltsfDined on 7/28/2014Our experience was amazing- we enjoyed it so much. Watching the food being served is fascinating. I would go again but bring deep pockets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post wedding meal - amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was our post wedding meal, and there is only 1 word to describe the evening - amazing!! Being a chef myself, I have eaten in some of the best restaurants around the world, and this meal was up there with the best of them! Some of the dishes were probably the best I have ever had!!Special Features:
- dombouletDined on 7/25/2014One of the best diner experience I had. I had the discovery menu. The food and the ambience where excellent but I have to say I expected a little bit more from the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLuv2eatDined on 7/23/2014Great food and excellent service. Waiters were attentive and friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSnackBuddyDined on 7/20/2014We had a delightful meal of small plates. Love the presentation and flavor combinations, as well as the open kitchen. Be sure to allow about 2 hours, you do not want to rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experience.ellieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Almost as great as Joel Robuchon next door but not quite. The 5 course tasting menu is an exploratory start though the snapper carpaccio was bland. The veal ravioli tasty but not really worth the $10 upgrade. The calamari was soft and evenly distributed amongst the scallions and sauce, but the tender, moist duck was the highlight of the meal whereas the pork belly confit was a bit contritely pressed as if to squeeze out the flavors. The french baguette and rolls were fresh and definitely Parisian grade quality as were the dessert tarts. Service was up to par as expected for that kind of place. Overall, a repeater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding as alwayslittlegto67Dined on 7/16/2014We eat here every time that we come to Vegas. Chef Benjamin is amazing. We always get the seasonal tasting menu because we want to see what Chef has created this time and we are never disappointed. Watching your food being prepared before your eyes is a large part of the experience in this restaurant and it's amazing. Every dish is meticulously prepared down to the last leaf and they are all stunningly beautiful. The dishes taste better than they look which is amazing since they all look gorgeous. This is not a cheap restaurant by any means, but it is certainly worth every penny to us. Please do not show up in a t-shirt and flip flops, business casual is preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014Abosolutely spectacular!! Sit at the bar! Talk to the staff, laugh, eat (everything is insanely delicious), and most of all leave feeling blissful. We had the most amazing experience, can't reccomend it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath takingly goodcrsaintDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary dinner. We both thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We ordered the cheese assortment and four small plates to share. Everything was so rich that we were too full to order dessert. I thought I was going to get more grief from my husband about choosing a french restaurant, as he is more of a steakhouse kind of guy, but he agreed that he would be more than happy to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous for special birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014Sat at chef's counter and watched the plating, chatted, very engaged staff work to make sure you understand what you're eating, where it came from and despite being 12 courses of French fare, never got snooty about their divine feast. A big splurge with fantastic wine pairing, but totally worthwhile. By the way, the Atelier is the more 'casual' of the 2 Robuchon dining rooms at MGM; the other had lots of linen and crystal and would not have been our thing. But we're sure the food is equally fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we wanted it to be!LarrybbaldwinVIPDined on 7/10/2014For our anniversary we returned to l'atelier a and we weren't disappointed. We love the bar seating overlooking the kitchen and were treated to impeccable food and exemplary service. Great wine selection that was reasonably priced when compared to the level of the restaurant added to our enjoyment. Expensive but perfect for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exiled to SiberiaKPKidVIPDined on 7/8/2014Given Robuchon's excellent cuisine in Paris, his restaurant in Las Vegas seemed a no-brainer. And, the food did not disappoint. Every dish was excellent, when ultimately served. But, service was appalling at best, and non-existent at worst. Not just the waiters, but everyone, including senior management, couldn't have cared less about if, when or how we were served. Our waiter disappeared for long stretches of time, and chatted up attractive women the rest of the time. If you'd like even a bare minimum of proper service, so that your food arrives on time, and is the right temperature when served, stay as far away from this place as possible! As my wife told the maitre d', we felt as if we'd been exiled to Siberia!!
- Excellente cuisine pour Las VegasJoelDined on 7/7/2014Venant de Suisse et aimant la bonne cuisine, ce fut un plaisir de manger un repas digne de ce nom. Cela dit manger au bar un tel repas et extrêmement dommage tout comme le faite que personne ne parle un seul mot de français chez... Robuchon. Et chers américains, prenez le temps de manger et d'apprécier, tout est beaucoup trop expédier. Mais cuisine très haute qualité et super cadre, carte des vins à tomber. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food so so serviceFightsfiresVIPDined on 7/5/2014Overall I have to say I expected more and better. Food was certainly excellent, but for someone who is supposed to be one of the top chefs in the world, it wasn't spectacular. The service was no where the quality it should beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerryVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very disappointing. If you want good service, get the wine pairing with you meal. If not, prepare to be neglected. Food very underwhelming.
- UnderwhelmedchrispyVIPDined on 7/3/2014To put things in perspective, we had a good meal. However, for the outrageous prices charged I expected a lot more. We had other dining experiences in Las Vegas that were much better and more reasonably priced (Picasso, for one). Generally, the food was overly seasoned, particularly the lobster. One of the best dishes was the ceviche although that's not very difficult to prepare well. The service could have been better; our waiter disappeared on occasion which is hard to do considering its counter service. Speaking of which, we did not particularly like the room or the serving accommodations. The high chairs were uncomfortable, the serving space was small, and it was hard to communicate with our server or each other because of the noise.Special Features:
- Food's awesome, service not so muchJMoneyDined on 7/2/2014When we arrived, the restaurant was pretty empty, yet we were seated at the bar rather than a regular table. We made a reservation weeks in advance and were celebrating my husband's birthday (which was noted in the reservation and never acknowledged) so it irritated me that we were not seated at a table. We were about to spend a few hundred dollars on a nice dinner... definitely not the type of setting where I want to sit side-by-side at a bar. We asked to move but only after sitting there for 5 minutes, waiting for someone to acknowledge our presence. Finally, we were moved and the rest of the meal made up for the crappy start to the meal but still... poor form, L'Atelier, poor form.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodAmandaDined on 6/30/2014I love this restaurant. The menu is so different. But everything is so good. The portions are really small and the restaurant it's a little expensive. But for a special occasion it's an amazing place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014The restaurant is way overrated. My husband and I went to this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We were really disappointed. The seating is terrible. Not a romantic setting at all. You have to sit to close to other parties. The service is sub par. Our waiter had a really hard time being polite to us. There are so many better alternatives in Vegas. Don't waste your time here. Not to mention it is overpriced!
- Great Food and ServiceFoodie777VIPDined on 6/28/2014Overall, one of the best all around meals I have ever had!Special Features:
- Amazing!JudithpDined on 6/26/2014A dinner at L'atelier de Joël Robuchon is always a mémorable expérience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different seatingCapsitoffDined on 6/25/2014Chose this restaurant because of the "small plate" menu which had some very good selections for speciality dining. The majority of diners sit at a bar around the chefs' work area. Not close enough to see all the detail but a fun dining experience. Diners beside us had the 7 course menu which looked really awesome also.Special Features:
- Sore61Dined on 6/24/2014I and my husband loved the place the service and the food. I would lake to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives Up to the ReviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2014We ate here on a Monday night and opted for the $78 prix fixe menu which provided a choice of 2 appetizers (hot and/or cold), an entree and a dessert. I had the snapper carpaccio, gazpacho, beef cheeks and the chocolate dessert. My husband had the gazpacho, calamari (a $10 upcharge), pork confit and the Victoria dessert (a cheesecake concoction). We ordered a bottle of pinot noir (the wine prices are very expensive) Each course was beautifully presented and by sitting at the counter you can see the attention to detail, the intense preparation required for all dishes and the cleanliness of the kitchen and prep area. Everything was excellent and full of flavor. We would dine here again the next time we are in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- great foodAandemDined on 6/20/2014We were celebrating 40 years of marriage and had heard about L'Atelier from friends who were at the Paris venue -- we were delighted to be able to find it in Vegas! what a great evening! Fantastic food and a superb waiter. I'd go back in a flash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.