Late Harvest Kitchen
8605 River Crossing Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Late Harvest Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lateharvestkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3176638063
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Late Harvest Kitchen is an attractive space for social gatherings. The room features large windows looking out to our charming courtyard and the White River.
The room accommodates up to 30 people for a seated dinner and 45 people for a reception. It is the perfect location for your next private dinner, lunch, cocktail party, business meeting or exclusive celebration. We offer a variety of seasonal menu options that Chef Ryan Nelson will customize according to your desire.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Nelson 3176638063
A word from Late Harvest Kitchen
Late Harvest Kitchen combines the best elements of fine dining with the accessibility of a neighborhood restaurant. The menu features professionally crafted seasonal American cuisine. An emphasis is placed on genuine hospitality and professional service that anticipates our guest’s needs. The restaurant’s design includes re-claimed wood and brick throughout to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort. The dining room looks outward towards our spacious courtyard which features the most romantic outdoor dining space in Indianapolis. It is located in the Keystone at the Crossing area in The Shops at River Crossing. The overall context of Late Harvest Kitchen is that of quality and substance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Late Harvest Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Late Harvest Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)special occasion (80)great for outdoor dining (51)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (37)romantic (36)good for groups (19)hot spot (15)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Good Dinner. Service:not their bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014We've eaten here on several occasions, always impressed with the food and the service. On 9/26 we tried the Northside Nights menu. The squash soup was great. Our party had the chicken schnitzel and pork cheeks. The chicken was very good. The cheeks, one found them bland. Service was very understated, not up to the usual high standard. In previous visits the server introduces themself and explains things. Not with our server tonight. He simply asked if we wanted a drink. And getting water without asking was not possible. To finish off the evening we ordered decaf coffee...and were given regular. All-in-all a pleasant experience..but not our best trip to Late Harvest. But we'll be back. Tonight was an aberration.
- Yum!MMilVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went for North side nights! The food was spectacular! Each course was perfect. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Just GoodBryanDined on 9/18/2014Must say, I enjoyed everything. The wine list was fun, the food was excellent, just a little pricey. If I had one complaint, 3 - 5 bucks off every entre' would be appropriate. Other than that, I have no complaints, really enjoyed myself.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We had a bit a fruit fly/knat problem which was the only thing that made the experience anything other than absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermpuffinDined on 9/13/2014We had heard great things about LHK, so we chose it for our anniversary celebration. . Delicious! Upscale dining in a relaxed atmosphere. We had the pork cheeks, seasonal vegetables, has Browns and sticky toffee bread pudding. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Exactly what I was looking for to celebrate a co-worker's accomplishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!HoosierLady1959Dined on 9/9/2014Great experience. Delicious food. Great service. Music noise inside was a little loud for radio music. My pet peeve...the waiter brought the check while we were still eating....felt rushed on a week night when the dining room was half empty. Otherwise a place is definitely go to again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a gastronomic delight!LetseatoutDined on 9/2/2014The chef is creative and surprises with interesting combinations and a choice for every taste. Sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might try again somedayCW31Dined on 8/30/2014We had high expectations for this restaurant. The dining area is beautiful and serene and the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. However, for the money, the food presentation, portions, and flavors were lacking. We both had fish and both dishes were quite bland. Nothing came with the entrees, so we ordered the roasted vegetables that were so over buttered and salted that the flavors of the fresh local vegetables were masked. The is NOT a good place if you are gluten sensitive as there were no specific gluten free choices on the entree menu that evening. Gluten is just left out of the offered entrees with no creative alternative preparation or seasoning - no gluten-free deserts either. Big check - big disappointment.Special Features:
- SylkySmoovDined on 8/29/2014I took a friend to Late Harvest Kitchen about a year ago and it was a wonderful experience. This time, not so much. The service was fair as we had a server that was training a new worker. They had sparkling bottled water but the only option for flat was tap water. They used to have a $25 shot of Don Julio Tequila which was as smooth a silk but that option was no longer there. Not only did they not have anything comparable, they only had one tequila which was a very low grade. We ordered the pork belly appetizer which the previous year was scrumptious but this time some of the pieces were cooked perfectly other pieces were half done. I could go on with the specifics on the disappointment with our meals but why bother? I won't be back.
- almost perfectbraveulyDined on 8/28/2014The Late Harvest takes advantage of many high quality local and international ingredients. Our server displayed an intimate understanding of all platings, some of which are fairly complex. When asked to "tell us a story", he did not miss a beat in sharing the roots of the LH's signature dessert (toffee spice cake...) in an entertaining manner. Only one miss among the many items we ordered - the heirloom tomato tart prep completely ruined the flavors of what could be one of the best, and briefest available, local ingredients. It basically tasted like a tomato pizza. Bummer.Special Features:
- Late Harvest Is The Best!DougVIPDined on 8/23/2014When you have had such memorable meals at Late Harvest in the past, it is always a bit daunting to think that they can continue to amaze us with great food...but they DO! Everything was perfect from the wonderful tomato pie starter to the new dessert which evoked childhood memories of the best ice cream treat ever, the Dreamsicle! Not quite as decadent as the gooey toffee pudding, but the perfect summer dessert. Can't wait for a return visit!Special Features:
- Late Harvest KitchenRobertDined on 8/21/2014We are from out of town and wanted to try Late Harvest after reading about it in the Indianapolis magazine. Everything was outstanding! We will definitely be back the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- ExcellentsherylDined on 8/15/2014Every time I have visited this restaurant has been a great experience. Service is fantastic, and every single dish is just delicious. And the cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud!justgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014Far too noisy to be acceptable for a romantic evening. So sad we won't be coming back for this purpose. A ladies night, perhaps. Food was greatSpecial Features:
- Gary9113VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was awesome. Service was good. Desert was very good.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsFoodie59Dined on 8/14/2014A friend and I had dinner at LHK on August 14th. The first hour was great, food was good and we both enjoyed a wonderful cocktail. Unfortunately, at the booth next to ours, two women and a man were seated with a little girl (probably around 3). The child sat on the side of the booth next to ours and would continually try to come over into our booth. She would stand up and stare at us and then would begin her "climbing". Her father (I assume) would occassionly pull her back down into their booth, seconds later she would be back again. The 2 women in the party were on the other side of the booth. They seemed to think the child's behavior was "cute" and said nothing. This is not a restaurant for children. Next time, call a sitter!Special Features:
- Loved itArtsyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Tried the trout for the first time and it was fabulous!!Special Features:
- P is for PretentioustruthBtoldDined on 8/11/2014No wine by the glass. Waiter took too long between intervals to check on our party of 4. When courses began arriving server did not know who got what. Roasted marrow appetizer not seasoned or roasted well. Should have been creamy not chewy. Fried bread that accompanied it did not complement it at all. Tomato tart appetizer served with a steak knife. Should have been a warning. Crust tough as an old boot. Vegetable Tagine entrée delicious ( only bright spot in the meal). Hand cut fettuccine with pork ragu was disappointment. Pasta thick and tough, not al dente. Whole fried fish requested to be served boned. Should not have been the reason the entree was served so much later than the others. Choc. mousse - tall glass/short spoon.
- Fantastic Northside SpotoszuscikDined on 8/9/2014Great little northside spot. Try the rabbit biscuits and gravy. It was 1 of the best meals I have ever had. Wait staff was great, and the outdoor patio was very cozy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightScotsmanDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I have been going to Late Harvest for our date nights over the last 8 months. Those of you with children know how precious those moments are. From day one we have been treated great! Chris and Terrell are amazing and always take the time to make us feel special. The food, well, the food is amazing!! My wife and I try to be foodies and this place just has unique dishes. The rabbit biscuits and gravy are amazing. My wife doesn't eat meat that much but loves this dish. Also, you gotta try the house made drinks!! Always something new and wonderful to sample! We wouldn't want to spend out date night anywhere else!Special Features:
- One of the best ever!EastCoasterVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I finally discovered LHK and celebrated our anniversary there the other night and we both agreed the dinner was one of the best we'd ever had. Marvelous flavor and preparation combinations, wait staff who knew their wine, and an overall fabulous experience. This after North Pond, Mon Ami Gabi, and Roy's Hawaiian Fusion in Chicago the weekend before! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!!pwfasbDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary at LHK and enjoyed the evening immensely. My wife was skeptical of the pate, but she thoroughly enjoyed it. We split a wedge and the candied bacon bits were to die-for. My wife had the crab cakes as recommended by our server (Chris) and they were full of crab and excellent as promised. I had the bone-in ribeye that was cooked to perfection topped with garlic butter and fried onion crisps. The steak had a fair patch of fat along the bone, but a mild distraction from the overall experience. We enjoyed a very reasonably priced white Bordeaux and finished the evening with coffee and a black-berry shortcake. The bill was +$200 with the tip, but worth it for special occasions. We will be back.Special Features:
- Bourbon Bone Marrow LugeHappyHoosier8VIPDined on 8/1/2014We LOVE this place!! Outstanding service, oh so tasty food and fantastic ambiance. One of our Indy favs for sure! And let's talk about the Bourbon Bone Marrow Luge...unbelievable. First off, some of the tastiest bone marrow we've ever had! And served with brioche? That's sinful. Add a shot of bourbon to "luge" down the marrow post-scraping/spreading on the brioche? These chefs are wicked...naughty...and dangerous to my waistline. And I love you for it. Thanks for being part of the Indy food scene!Special Features:
- Best local place in IndyamyroetVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love Late Harvest. Service can start off a little slow, but the wait is worth it. I would highly recommend this to anyone and be sure to make reservations, and save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Late Harvest has that special touch in food, drink, service, decor and more. I view restaurants by their food and the excellence, thereof, more than environment; however, this is a top-notch establishment that has it all. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure!lookingforbetterDined on 7/30/2014We have now been here 1/2 dozen times and it never fails to provide a great experience. The pork belly and pasta were wonderful. Withholding 5 stars on the food as my husband's fish was a little bland. Wine recommendation of David Bruce Pinto Noir was very enjoyable. We will not hesitate to return!Special Features:
- Great as usualWillWorkForFoodDined on 7/29/2014Sat outside on a cool evening in July and it was perfect. Husband's food was great, mine was good (handcut fettuccini noodles not cooked long enough). service and setting were great as usual.Special Features:
- Still one of the bestFuzzykVIPDined on 7/29/2014It has been awhile since I last took the family here and as usual they delivered another wonderful evening of great food, wine, and sticky toffee pudding. My wife had their awesome pork chop, and I had the rabbit biscuits and gravy, which is a must try. One of my favorite parts about this restaurant is how well they handle kids. My kids have a great time with the severs and always have a chance to taste some new and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New type of restaurantLinkVIPDined on 7/29/2014Loved the menu with some very eclectic selections. Had the Pork Chop which was done fantastically! I would highly recommend it. good place for a business/client meetingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally sourced gourmetgmagigiDined on 7/28/2014A real find for a fine meal. This was one of the most memorable dining experiences in years: fine service, comfortable yet elegant and beautiful surroundings, and food fit for a gourmand. My new favorite.Special Features:
- Great, unique spot on NorthsidePatrickDined on 7/19/2014Delicious meals, good cocktails, solid wine list. We are adventurous eaters so we appreciated the pate (as good as I have ever had) and bone marrow apps. For entrees we had the half roasted chicken and potato-encrusted trout. Both were excellent and our waiter helped picked a good wine for us. The desert was the (seemingly locally-famous) sticky toffee pudding with ice cream...as good as it sounds. A great meal and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in IndyamyroetVIPDined on 7/19/2014It's local, unique, and the food is terrific. I highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW! Just WOW !!!moms4VIPDined on 7/18/2014Our table was outside on the patio. Beautiful setting. Service was excellent. Food ..... My husband said it was the best meal he can remember having. General Tso's Pork Belly and Toffee Pudding were biggest hits. The pork chop was huge and the bacon marmalade atop it was memorable. The oysters were extremely fresh and also notable. Can't wait to try the owners new BBQ place in Nora.... If its anything like Late Harvest Kitchen its sure to be a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodBobdDined on 7/17/2014Excellent food and a good wine list, the decor is a subdued modern and is very calming for dinner I have no problem recommending for dinner. The server's recommendations were perfect and he was very knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- One of our favorites!Orthofoodie98Dined on 7/12/2014We have dined here many times with friends who I would consider great judges of cuisine. We love to try new restaurants, but we find ourselves returning to LHK time and again because of the fresh, local cuisine presented in an inventive way. The sticky toffee pudding doesn't hurt them either! I hope this place continues for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nelson Needs to Get Back in KitchensushiloverDined on 7/10/2014The 1st few times we ate at Late Harvest were followed by gushing reviews to friends and the intention to come back for special events. Over the last few months, on 3 occasions, we have been disappointed with the very average offerings. The previously divine fried oysters were not fresh and we didn't eat them after the 1st one. My husband's rabbit biscuit and gravy... not hot and came with 1 baby carrot as the side. The roasted whole fish was tasty and I usually filet myself but this time there was no offer from the waiter to do so. The asparagus salad-- very over-dressed. Chef Wilson is spending more time in his Nora barbecue eatery and it shows. Get the word out when you come back to Late Harvest-- then perhaps we will as well.
- DaisyDined on 7/10/2014Had a wonderful Birthday Celebration. The service was awesome. One of the party had lots of food sensitivities in which Late Harvest Kitchen staff was very willing to accommadate. The string ray entree was fabulous. The asparagus salad was excellent. Would highly reccomend The Late Harvest Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Sound, Drinks.NocarbDined on 7/8/2014Food is probably as good as you can get in Indy. Fish is good. Only rub is both times I've been there I felt it was to loud, sound bounces off the walls and at times is hard to have a conversation. At least you don't have to worry about the people at the next table hearing what your saying. A improvement would be to put some cloth of some type on the walls, my friends have commented as to the same. I will eat there again for sure. Drinks are best at Ocean Prime, food is best at Late Harvest.Special Features:
- Epicurean DelightConstituentDined on 7/7/2014I was so pleased to find a legitimate fine dining restaurant in Indianapolis. It is a genuine treat to visit Late Harvest Kitchen. Your wonderful menue, including wine selections, is an epicurean delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.