Late Harvest Kitchen
8605 River Crossing Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Late Harvest Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lateharvestkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3176638063
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Late Harvest Kitchen is an attractive space for social gatherings. The room features large windows looking out to our charming courtyard and the White River.
The room accommodates up to 30 people for a seated dinner and 45 people for a reception. It is the perfect location for your next private dinner, lunch, cocktail party, business meeting or exclusive celebration. We offer a variety of seasonal menu options that Chef Ryan Nelson will customize according to your desire.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Nelson 3176638063
A word from Late Harvest Kitchen
Late Harvest Kitchen combines the best elements of fine dining with the accessibility of a neighborhood restaurant. The menu features professionally crafted seasonal American cuisine. An emphasis is placed on genuine hospitality and professional service that anticipates our guest’s needs. The restaurant’s design includes re-claimed wood and brick throughout to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort. The dining room looks outward towards our spacious courtyard which features the most romantic outdoor dining space in Indianapolis. It is located in the Keystone at the Crossing area in The Shops at River Crossing. The overall context of Late Harvest Kitchen is that of quality and substance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Late Harvest Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Late Harvest Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (88)great for outdoor dining (56)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (43)notable wine list (39)good for groups (24)hot spot (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed the dining experience very well. Food was great. Service was great and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent food combined with pleasant setting. This restaurant had a menu that featured variety and depth. I had an outstanding pork chop while my wife, to my surprise, ordered "pork cheeks". She thought they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014not the place to be if you don't want to text your date to have a conversation. The large party that came in half an hour after us was so loud we had to shout to be heard at our little table for two. If you want a quiet table, you'll need to request it.Special Features:
- Fine dining duo!Greeneinc67Dined on 10/18/2014This was our first experience at Late Harvest. We loved it! Michael was our server, and he helped us make our experience there worthwhile. Our dessert was the toffee cake, and we also enjoyed a French press with it. Lots of fun, and we will come back again, and also recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- New ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Stopped in to have a light dinner and visit with each other. The location and decorations were very nice although somewhat sterile. The bigger disappointment was the food. Only Average in my opinion and too expensive for what I got.Special Features:
- Great 21st B-Day CelebrationBonitaDined on 10/11/2014I took my niece here to celebrate her 21st birthday. She's a foodie and loved her meal; we all loved the food. We had the fried oysters, Brussels sprout salad, lamb ravioli, chicken thighs, fish special, and amazing sticky toffee pudding. I'd highly recommend everything we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but rushedDajonesDined on 10/10/2014Dined at Late Harvest on 10/10. Hostesses were very nice, decor is cozy but serene. Beautiful space. Chris was our server. The food was exceptional - hearty, vibrant, delicious. I'd call it high end comfort food, or eclectic Americana. Ahi waffle starter was amazing. Pork chop entre was insanely good. Only hitch was the service was oddly rushed. Fast talking, get order and run. Brought out our entre while we were still in middle of our apps. Server was nice, but way too rushed - and it wasn't too crowded, they didn't need the table as far as I could tell ( not that that would have been OK, but at least explained it a bit) so all in all, delicious, but rushed service.Special Features:
- no Rush or pushLoveEatingNoFoodie23Dined on 10/9/2014I met my date for first time..Jason did not hover or push, despite that we were there for a good 3 hours over two drinks and appetizer salad. Hope my date gave him a great tip!Special Features:
- Awesome foodDaveDined on 10/6/2014Five of us dined here at 5:30 on a Monday night. We started with 4 appetizers (escargot, pork belly, fried oysters, brussel sprouts salad). All were delicious but the standout was the pork belly with General Tso sauce. The main courses (Fried whole fish, ribeye with bone morrow, potato crusted lake trout, pork cheeks with risotto) could not have been prepared better and the accompanying sauces were phenomenal. The citrus glaze paired with the fried fish was explosively good. We finished the meal with three desserts (sticky toffee putting, chocolate mousse, and a lemon cake/curd) and could not finish them. All were delicious but the favorite was the sticky toffee putting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delightSilveryoneDined on 10/4/2014Romantic and delicious. Perfect night! Prime rib and vegetable tagine were great. Love the broccoli salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Recommended by a neighbor, second visit, this time with children for daughters birthday. Staff was excellent, service wonderful, would have liked more gluten free options such as pasta for our daughter, and low sugar dessert options. Mentioned on reservation and to waiter that we were celebrating our daughters birthday, but nothing special was offered - REALLY!!! Something would have been nice, it was our daughters 18th birthday. Food excellent, wine list incredible, and staff very attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent As Always!JudyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had a group of 6. The server was excellent as was the food! Good wine choices and mixed drink was very good!Special Features:
- Hit and missQueenbeeDined on 9/27/2014Great--pork cheeks, boccala, fried oysters, toffee pudding/cake Fair --branzini, escargot (both needed salt), fish was greasy. Poor risotto--not cooked properly was soupy and not a rissoto and Button mushrooms--better with crimini or porcini, rabbits biscuit and gravy--rabbit, tough--over cooked. Could use a more judicious use of salt to potentiate other spices and herbs-- some food was bland and salt was absent and was not cooked INTO the food, this was missing. The Risotto was very disappointing and I did not eat it, toffee pudding was superlative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitINdyresident44Dined on 9/27/2014First visit at this restaurant. Hoping to be able to eat our meal on the patio but it was reserved for a private party. However, the food was very good and the service was top-notch.Special Features:
- Love food...too noisy not romanticAtti13Dined on 9/27/2014Love the food, but lately not as fabulous. Soups cold, toffee pudding gritty. Main entrees continue to be incredible. Restaurant noise is awful. Black fabrics colored foam on walls would really help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dinner. Service:not their bestBrunoDined on 9/26/2014We've eaten here on several occasions, always impressed with the food and the service. On 9/26 we tried the Northside Nights menu. The squash soup was great. Our party had the chicken schnitzel and pork cheeks. The chicken was very good. The cheeks, one found them bland. Service was very understated, not up to the usual high standard. In previous visits the server introduces themself and explains things. Not with our server tonight. He simply asked if we wanted a drink. And getting water without asking was not possible. To finish off the evening we ordered decaf coffee...and were given regular. All-in-all a pleasant experience..but not our best trip to Late Harvest. But we'll be back. Tonight was an aberration.
- Yum!MMilVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went for North side nights! The food was spectacular! Each course was perfect. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Just GoodBryanDined on 9/18/2014Must say, I enjoyed everything. The wine list was fun, the food was excellent, just a little pricey. If I had one complaint, 3 - 5 bucks off every entre' would be appropriate. Other than that, I have no complaints, really enjoyed myself.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We had a bit a fruit fly/knat problem which was the only thing that made the experience anything other than absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermpuffinDined on 9/13/2014We had heard great things about LHK, so we chose it for our anniversary celebration. . Delicious! Upscale dining in a relaxed atmosphere. We had the pork cheeks, seasonal vegetables, has Browns and sticky toffee bread pudding. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Exactly what I was looking for to celebrate a co-worker's accomplishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!HoosierLady1959Dined on 9/9/2014Great experience. Delicious food. Great service. Music noise inside was a little loud for radio music. My pet peeve...the waiter brought the check while we were still eating....felt rushed on a week night when the dining room was half empty. Otherwise a place is definitely go to again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a gastronomic delight!LetseatoutDined on 9/2/2014The chef is creative and surprises with interesting combinations and a choice for every taste. Sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might try again somedayCW31Dined on 8/30/2014We had high expectations for this restaurant. The dining area is beautiful and serene and the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. However, for the money, the food presentation, portions, and flavors were lacking. We both had fish and both dishes were quite bland. Nothing came with the entrees, so we ordered the roasted vegetables that were so over buttered and salted that the flavors of the fresh local vegetables were masked. The is NOT a good place if you are gluten sensitive as there were no specific gluten free choices on the entree menu that evening. Gluten is just left out of the offered entrees with no creative alternative preparation or seasoning - no gluten-free deserts either. Big check - big disappointment.Special Features:
- SylkySmoovDined on 8/29/2014I took a friend to Late Harvest Kitchen about a year ago and it was a wonderful experience. This time, not so much. The service was fair as we had a server that was training a new worker. They had sparkling bottled water but the only option for flat was tap water. They used to have a $25 shot of Don Julio Tequila which was as smooth a silk but that option was no longer there. Not only did they not have anything comparable, they only had one tequila which was a very low grade. We ordered the pork belly appetizer which the previous year was scrumptious but this time some of the pieces were cooked perfectly other pieces were half done. I could go on with the specifics on the disappointment with our meals but why bother? I won't be back.
- almost perfectbraveulyDined on 8/28/2014The Late Harvest takes advantage of many high quality local and international ingredients. Our server displayed an intimate understanding of all platings, some of which are fairly complex. When asked to "tell us a story", he did not miss a beat in sharing the roots of the LH's signature dessert (toffee spice cake...) in an entertaining manner. Only one miss among the many items we ordered - the heirloom tomato tart prep completely ruined the flavors of what could be one of the best, and briefest available, local ingredients. It basically tasted like a tomato pizza. Bummer.Special Features:
- Late Harvest Is The Best!DougVIPDined on 8/23/2014When you have had such memorable meals at Late Harvest in the past, it is always a bit daunting to think that they can continue to amaze us with great food...but they DO! Everything was perfect from the wonderful tomato pie starter to the new dessert which evoked childhood memories of the best ice cream treat ever, the Dreamsicle! Not quite as decadent as the gooey toffee pudding, but the perfect summer dessert. Can't wait for a return visit!Special Features:
- Late Harvest KitchenRobertDined on 8/21/2014We are from out of town and wanted to try Late Harvest after reading about it in the Indianapolis magazine. Everything was outstanding! We will definitely be back the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Memorable DinnerLCRPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed the heirloom tomato tart so much that we ordered an extra to take home. My mouth is still watering over the thought of the rabbit biscuits and gravy. The sticky toffee pudding lived up to its reputation, and paired excellently with the coffee, too bad I was too full to enjoy much of it. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and patient. We noted a member of the kitchen staff going out to the herb garden for ingredients, and loved that the food was so fresh and unique.Special Features:
- ExcellentsherylDined on 8/15/2014Every time I have visited this restaurant has been a great experience. Service is fantastic, and every single dish is just delicious. And the cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud!justgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014Far too noisy to be acceptable for a romantic evening. So sad we won't be coming back for this purpose. A ladies night, perhaps. Food was greatSpecial Features:
- Gary9113VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was awesome. Service was good. Desert was very good.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsFoodie59Dined on 8/14/2014A friend and I had dinner at LHK on August 14th. The first hour was great, food was good and we both enjoyed a wonderful cocktail. Unfortunately, at the booth next to ours, two women and a man were seated with a little girl (probably around 3). The child sat on the side of the booth next to ours and would continually try to come over into our booth. She would stand up and stare at us and then would begin her "climbing". Her father (I assume) would occassionly pull her back down into their booth, seconds later she would be back again. The 2 women in the party were on the other side of the booth. They seemed to think the child's behavior was "cute" and said nothing. This is not a restaurant for children. Next time, call a sitter!Special Features:
- Loved itArtsyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Tried the trout for the first time and it was fabulous!!Special Features:
- P is for PretentioustruthBtoldDined on 8/11/2014No wine by the glass. Waiter took too long between intervals to check on our party of 4. When courses began arriving server did not know who got what. Roasted marrow appetizer not seasoned or roasted well. Should have been creamy not chewy. Fried bread that accompanied it did not complement it at all. Tomato tart appetizer served with a steak knife. Should have been a warning. Crust tough as an old boot. Vegetable Tagine entrée delicious ( only bright spot in the meal). Hand cut fettuccine with pork ragu was disappointment. Pasta thick and tough, not al dente. Whole fried fish requested to be served boned. Should not have been the reason the entree was served so much later than the others. Choc. mousse - tall glass/short spoon.
- Fantastic Northside SpotoszuscikDined on 8/9/2014Great little northside spot. Try the rabbit biscuits and gravy. It was 1 of the best meals I have ever had. Wait staff was great, and the outdoor patio was very cozy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightScotsmanDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I have been going to Late Harvest for our date nights over the last 8 months. Those of you with children know how precious those moments are. From day one we have been treated great! Chris and Terrell are amazing and always take the time to make us feel special. The food, well, the food is amazing!! My wife and I try to be foodies and this place just has unique dishes. The rabbit biscuits and gravy are amazing. My wife doesn't eat meat that much but loves this dish. Also, you gotta try the house made drinks!! Always something new and wonderful to sample! We wouldn't want to spend out date night anywhere else!Special Features:
- One of the best ever!EastCoasterVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I finally discovered LHK and celebrated our anniversary there the other night and we both agreed the dinner was one of the best we'd ever had. Marvelous flavor and preparation combinations, wait staff who knew their wine, and an overall fabulous experience. This after North Pond, Mon Ami Gabi, and Roy's Hawaiian Fusion in Chicago the weekend before! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!!pwfasbDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary at LHK and enjoyed the evening immensely. My wife was skeptical of the pate, but she thoroughly enjoyed it. We split a wedge and the candied bacon bits were to die-for. My wife had the crab cakes as recommended by our server (Chris) and they were full of crab and excellent as promised. I had the bone-in ribeye that was cooked to perfection topped with garlic butter and fried onion crisps. The steak had a fair patch of fat along the bone, but a mild distraction from the overall experience. We enjoyed a very reasonably priced white Bordeaux and finished the evening with coffee and a black-berry shortcake. The bill was +$200 with the tip, but worth it for special occasions. We will be back.Special Features:
- Bourbon Bone Marrow LugeHappyHoosier8VIPDined on 8/1/2014We LOVE this place!! Outstanding service, oh so tasty food and fantastic ambiance. One of our Indy favs for sure! And let's talk about the Bourbon Bone Marrow Luge...unbelievable. First off, some of the tastiest bone marrow we've ever had! And served with brioche? That's sinful. Add a shot of bourbon to "luge" down the marrow post-scraping/spreading on the brioche? These chefs are wicked...naughty...and dangerous to my waistline. And I love you for it. Thanks for being part of the Indy food scene!Special Features: