Late Harvest Kitchen
8605 River Crossing Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
Castleton / Keystone Crossings
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Late Harvest Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lateharvestkitchen.com/
- Phone: (317) 663-8063
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Late Harvest Kitchen is an attractive space for social gatherings. The room features large windows looking out to our charming courtyard and the White River.
The room accommodates up to 30 people for a seated dinner and 45 people for a reception. It is the perfect location for your next private dinner, lunch, cocktail party, business meeting or exclusive celebration. We offer a variety of seasonal menu options that Chef Ryan Nelson will customize according to your desire.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Nelson 3176638063
A word from Late Harvest Kitchen
Late Harvest Kitchen combines the best elements of fine dining with the accessibility of a neighborhood restaurant. The menu features professionally crafted seasonal American cuisine. An emphasis is placed on genuine hospitality and professional service that anticipates our guest’s needs. The restaurant’s design includes re-claimed wood and brick throughout to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort. The dining room looks outward towards our spacious courtyard which features the most romantic outdoor dining space in Indianapolis. It is located in the Keystone at the Crossing area in The Shops at River Crossing. The overall context of Late Harvest Kitchen is that of quality and substance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Late Harvest Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Castleton / Keystone Crossings ›
Late Harvest Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (42)notable wine list (40)good for groups (26)hot spot (17)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great FoodfoodieDined on 11/20/2014Enjoyed the food. Atmosphere energetic. Menu is different from the normal eateries. Appetizers incredible. Scallops were fresh, and the signature dessert is FABULOUS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014I was looking forward to dining here with my fiancee after our engagement and was left unimpressed and disappointed. Our server seemed distant and didn't engage us well. We had the butternut squash soup and the fried oysters. The soup was ok. The oysters were over sauced and the breading was soggy because of it. Also, there was no flavor to the oysters. The sauce didn't add anything by way of taste and that was disappointing. I had the pork chop for my entree and my fiancee had the lobster linguine. The pork chop had what appeared to be pulled pork on top of it - which didn't make allot of sense and didn't add anything to the pork chop. The baked beans tasted raw and undercooked. The cabbage was too sour and didn't add any flavor to the overall dish. It just didn't make allot of sense. My fiancee thought the pasta was good. She struggled to find lobster pieces and the portion size was small for what we paid. The best thing we probably had was the poutine - which left us feeling very underwhelmed. We had a glass of wine each and the total bill was over $100. We skipped dessert. I don't think we'll ever go back and we won't recommend this place to our friends.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Had the ribeye and the pork cheeks. The ribeye was tough and unflavorful. Truly like something you would get at ponderosa. Thinly cut. I have had much better steaks at Texas Road House. And the pork cheeks were so dry that they would immediately wick all moisture from the tongue. Also, no flavor with them either. The one good item we experienced was the fried oysters and the sauce that accompanied them. Overall, it was very disappointing. And I am fairly regular. Not anymore...
- Great Food!ScottyDined on 11/15/2014Love the food here and always have great service! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Locally sourced food with a creative menu! Wouldn't recommend it for picky eaters,though! The pork chop and carpaccio plate were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual CombinationsfoodieseekerDined on 11/12/2014We are long timers at this restaurant. it is always full of people and the service is consistently good. There is teamwork among the employees and people are trained to anticipate your needs. The desserts are heavenly, especially the chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAllisonk06Dined on 11/8/2014Was a great experience from the food to the service! You MUST get the sticky toffee pudding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sample the harvestHonestandfairDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed a vegetable laden end meal for my birthday. I recommend the Physician Assistant cocktail that mixes smokey bourbon with Apple, Ginger syrup, and cayenne pepper. We started with Rich pork belly was draped over a fresh vegetable stir fry. Then followed it by a delicate venison carpaccio and a lackluster shredded Brussels sprout salad. We ended our dinner sharing braised pork cheeks over butter nut risotto. The risotto was not as creamy and decadent as we are used too. Unfortunately we were too full for desert. Overall, we were pleased with the service, ambiance and food.Special Features:
- AmazingMisterg10Dined on 11/8/2014I was so enthralled by the menu. So many unique choices. We were celebrating my wife's birthday so we had drinks, appetizer, salads, entree and dessert. We traveled the entire gambit. Every course was amazing! Every dish was a feast to the palette and the eyes. We had Terrell for a waiter. He was service plus. He was very professional, but also engaging. We will definitely return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food was amazing and the service was also wonderful! I am so glad a friend recommended this place! The setting was perfect, along with the restaurant accommodations of fitting your needs. I had a specific request for dessert and it was met. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerSharonDined on 11/7/2014We had been wanting to try Late Harvest and we weren't disappointed. Everything from start to finish was wonderful.Special Features:
- great food, poor serviceleelee54Dined on 11/5/2014Went for a special meal with our son in Indianapolis. The food was very good but the meal was spoiled by an overly controlling waiter. Rude when we asked for a few minutes to order dinner, said we had to put our meal in now. Told us small plates could all be made dairy free for a dairy allergy then did not follow up. Waiter did not care about our dining experience. Very sad in such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEatsVIPDined on 11/1/2014The waiter did not take my order correctly, failing to bring my entree. Overall very average place, especially for the money
- Not much food for the priceKandAODined on 11/1/2014Our waiter was very abrupt, not helpful at all, seemed in a hurry to get us waited on and out the door. We were celebrating a birthday and didn't even stay there to celebrate, but rather went home and opened gifts. We won't go back.Special Features:
- pork choplovemesomesteaksDined on 11/1/2014Best pork chop I have ever had and great wine choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTcboundDined on 10/31/2014Wonderful find. Sat at a table in the bar area. Bartender was our server who was the best! The food was stellar. Nice selection of wines. Great speciality cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodsholzDined on 10/25/2014Loved our food and the service was excellent. The whole fish was delicious and a lighter option. The pork cheek was a very hearty comfort dish that was perfect for a cold fall night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed the dining experience very well. Food was great. Service was great and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent food combined with pleasant setting. This restaurant had a menu that featured variety and depth. I had an outstanding pork chop while my wife, to my surprise, ordered "pork cheeks". She thought they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but...reallydolovethisplaceDined on 10/24/2014not the place to be if you don't want to text your date to have a conversation. The large party that came in half an hour after us was so loud we had to shout to be heard at our little table for two. If you want a quiet table, you'll need to request it.Special Features:
- Fine dining duo!Greeneinc67Dined on 10/18/2014This was our first experience at Late Harvest. We loved it! Michael was our server, and he helped us make our experience there worthwhile. Our dessert was the toffee cake, and we also enjoyed a French press with it. Lots of fun, and we will come back again, and also recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- New ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Stopped in to have a light dinner and visit with each other. The location and decorations were very nice although somewhat sterile. The bigger disappointment was the food. Only Average in my opinion and too expensive for what I got.Special Features:
- Great 21st B-Day CelebrationBonitaDined on 10/11/2014I took my niece here to celebrate her 21st birthday. She's a foodie and loved her meal; we all loved the food. We had the fried oysters, Brussels sprout salad, lamb ravioli, chicken thighs, fish special, and amazing sticky toffee pudding. I'd highly recommend everything we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but rushedDajonesDined on 10/10/2014Dined at Late Harvest on 10/10. Hostesses were very nice, decor is cozy but serene. Beautiful space. Chris was our server. The food was exceptional - hearty, vibrant, delicious. I'd call it high end comfort food, or eclectic Americana. Ahi waffle starter was amazing. Pork chop entre was insanely good. Only hitch was the service was oddly rushed. Fast talking, get order and run. Brought out our entre while we were still in middle of our apps. Server was nice, but way too rushed - and it wasn't too crowded, they didn't need the table as far as I could tell ( not that that would have been OK, but at least explained it a bit) so all in all, delicious, but rushed service.Special Features:
- no Rush or pushLoveEatingNoFoodie23Dined on 10/9/2014I met my date for first time..Jason did not hover or push, despite that we were there for a good 3 hours over two drinks and appetizer salad. Hope my date gave him a great tip!Special Features:
- Awesome foodDaveDined on 10/6/2014Five of us dined here at 5:30 on a Monday night. We started with 4 appetizers (escargot, pork belly, fried oysters, brussel sprouts salad). All were delicious but the standout was the pork belly with General Tso sauce. The main courses (Fried whole fish, ribeye with bone morrow, potato crusted lake trout, pork cheeks with risotto) could not have been prepared better and the accompanying sauces were phenomenal. The citrus glaze paired with the fried fish was explosively good. We finished the meal with three desserts (sticky toffee putting, chocolate mousse, and a lemon cake/curd) and could not finish them. All were delicious but the favorite was the sticky toffee putting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delightSilveryoneDined on 10/4/2014Romantic and delicious. Perfect night! Prime rib and vegetable tagine were great. Love the broccoli salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Recommended by a neighbor, second visit, this time with children for daughters birthday. Staff was excellent, service wonderful, would have liked more gluten free options such as pasta for our daughter, and low sugar dessert options. Mentioned on reservation and to waiter that we were celebrating our daughters birthday, but nothing special was offered - REALLY!!! Something would have been nice, it was our daughters 18th birthday. Food excellent, wine list incredible, and staff very attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent As Always!JudyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had a group of 6. The server was excellent as was the food! Good wine choices and mixed drink was very good!Special Features:
- Not quite for me but very goodAJI7Dined on 10/3/2014We had been considering dining at LHK for a couple of years, and finally made a reservation for our anniversary. Overall, it was a very good dining experience, no real negatives to report. The food was a bit more "foodie" orientated than I would have preferred but very good. The complexity of the flavors and textures in our meals were noted and appreciated. If I had to nitpick, I expected the server to be a little more enthusiastic about the menu than he was. He was attentive, never left us waiting and answers questions, but I am accustomed to the "I love working here and love the food" server you often get at higher end restaurants that are privately owned.Special Features:
- Hit and missQueenbeeDined on 9/27/2014Great--pork cheeks, boccala, fried oysters, toffee pudding/cake Fair --branzini, escargot (both needed salt), fish was greasy. Poor risotto--not cooked properly was soupy and not a rissoto and Button mushrooms--better with crimini or porcini, rabbits biscuit and gravy--rabbit, tough--over cooked. Could use a more judicious use of salt to potentiate other spices and herbs-- some food was bland and salt was absent and was not cooked INTO the food, this was missing. The Risotto was very disappointing and I did not eat it, toffee pudding was superlative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitINdyresident44Dined on 9/27/2014First visit at this restaurant. Hoping to be able to eat our meal on the patio but it was reserved for a private party. However, the food was very good and the service was top-notch.Special Features:
- Love food...too noisy not romanticAtti13Dined on 9/27/2014Love the food, but lately not as fabulous. Soups cold, toffee pudding gritty. Main entrees continue to be incredible. Restaurant noise is awful. Black fabrics colored foam on walls would really help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dinner. Service:not their bestBrunoDined on 9/26/2014We've eaten here on several occasions, always impressed with the food and the service. On 9/26 we tried the Northside Nights menu. The squash soup was great. Our party had the chicken schnitzel and pork cheeks. The chicken was very good. The cheeks, one found them bland. Service was very understated, not up to the usual high standard. In previous visits the server introduces themself and explains things. Not with our server tonight. He simply asked if we wanted a drink. And getting water without asking was not possible. To finish off the evening we ordered decaf coffee...and were given regular. All-in-all a pleasant experience..but not our best trip to Late Harvest. But we'll be back. Tonight was an aberration.
- Yum!MMilVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went for North side nights! The food was spectacular! Each course was perfect. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Just GoodBryanDined on 9/18/2014Must say, I enjoyed everything. The wine list was fun, the food was excellent, just a little pricey. If I had one complaint, 3 - 5 bucks off every entre' would be appropriate. Other than that, I have no complaints, really enjoyed myself.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We had a bit a fruit fly/knat problem which was the only thing that made the experience anything other than absolutely wonderful!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermpuffinDined on 9/13/2014We had heard great things about LHK, so we chose it for our anniversary celebration. . Delicious! Upscale dining in a relaxed atmosphere. We had the pork cheeks, seasonal vegetables, has Browns and sticky toffee bread pudding. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Exactly what I was looking for to celebrate a co-worker's accomplishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!HoosierLady1959Dined on 9/9/2014Great experience. Delicious food. Great service. Music noise inside was a little loud for radio music. My pet peeve...the waiter brought the check while we were still eating....felt rushed on a week night when the dining room was half empty. Otherwise a place is definitely go to again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.