L'Astral at Loews Le Concorde Hotel
1225, Cours du General de Montcalm
Quebec, QC G1R4W6Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
L'Astral at Loews Le Concorde Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lastral.ca/
- Phone: 4187803602
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30 AM - 10:30 AM, Sunday: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM;
Brunch: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 6:00 PM - 10:45 PM, Saturday: 5:45 PM - 10:45 PM (buffet)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Over the years, our offsite catering service has gained recognition from the greatests. Loews Le Concorde’s offsite catering service gives your guests an opportunity to discover Quebec City’s historic sites while experiencing refined regional cuisine served with warmth and professionalism.
- Private Party Facilities: Make your next event truly special with a lunch or dinner party at L’Astral. Group menus are available for 11 or more people. Choose from one of our three-course menus or buffet, if available. Or, allow Chef Crouzet to create a custom menu designed just for you. The entire restaurant can be reserved for a private reception. Food and beverage minimums apply, and depend on the night of the week.
- Private Party Contact: Marie-Noelle Gauthier 4187805523
- Entertainment: Let music enhance your dining experience at L’Astral. Along with the most delicious, unique food and the breathtaking view, a live pianist performs every Friday and Saturday evening. Come in and enjoy entertainment, Quebec-style as you savor your meal.
- Special Events: Join us for an award-winning Sunday Brunch! The chef and his team offer an array of delightful choices, including eggs benedict, bacon, sausage, appetizers, salads, fowl, fish and Quebec pork. Make your dining experience complete with assorted desserts, and delectable maple butter crepes. $39 per adult, $19.50 per child, 7-12 years old. Children 6 and under eat free. Sundays from 9AM-3PM.
A word from L'Astral at Loews Le Concorde Hotel
The finest and freshest ingredients prepared in true French style provide a dining experience that is uniquely Quebec. Located at the highest point in Quebec City, you’ll delight in the sweeping, panoramic views of this historic city. L’Astral slowly rotates, and in 1 ½ hours you’ll see it all, from the St. Lawrence River and the Plains of Abraham to the Joan of Arc Gardens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Astral at Loews Le Concorde Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- trip to quebecAurelienDined on 9/18/2013Nice place for eat. Great view of Quebec. Ideal for discovering the city from the sky. I recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The website was not updatedMaggieDined on 9/14/2013HUGE DISSAPPOINTMENT After checking the website and looking at the menu my husband and I decided that the Astral was the place where we wanted to do our Saturday night. Were we wrong! Once we got there we were told by a somewhat non attentive server that the menu was buffet. My husband and I discussed leaving but it was after 9:00 PM and were else could we go without knowing the town well and no reservations. As it turned out McDonalds would have been a much better and least expensive choice. The buffet was one of the worst I have been to in my entire life. I am not a meat eater so my only choice was salad, tasteless dry fish in some sort of sauce or the only side dishes of potatoes or vegetables.Special Features:
- Nous avons été déçu de nedenaDined on 9/14/2013Nous avons été déçu de ne pas pouvoir manger à la carte. Toutefois, le buffet était délicieux.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and presentationSeraphinDined on 9/10/2013The food was good except for la creme bruler. The creme bruler tasted too burned to our liking. As for the food reprentation, the soup couldve of been more eye flashing. Meaning that the presentation was plain. Also I find that the soup was missing a little something into the taste. But the rest was good. The ambience was excelent, so is the servive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Start to a Quebec visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/8/2013We chose this restaurant largely for the view and to acquaint ourselves with Quebec City. It was a Sunday and we had the (huge) buffet. The food was very good, especially for the number of offerings; the view was all that we expected, and we stayed for a complete 360 degree revolution. The stuffed guinea hen was the best we had in Quebec. As with any large buffet, there are hits and near misses, but it served it's purpose well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Especialy for the viewflickyDined on 9/7/2013The view is outstanding, our witress was very professionnal the variety of the brunch was not there. There was nothing special or very very good in the food. But it's wothy for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BuffetEdinner08Dined on 9/1/2013I would not recommend this restaurant for a Sunday dinner with its overpriced buffet. Although the views from this revolving restaurant are wonderful the food is not, especially the meat and fish. The red snapper was tasteless and the pork and rabbit poor. This was an expensive buffet for poor quality food.
- Go While You Still CanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2013Great place for brunch. We went for a friend's birthday. Best views of the city. Go while you can, they close for good in October.Special Features:
- View was amazing but the foodQCNewGirlDined on 9/1/2013View was amazing but the food was nothing I would want to have againSpecial Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2013Although the view can't be beaten, the food was very average and disappointing. Made a reservation for a Friday evening. We were seated promptly and thought at first that this would be a special night. That changed quickly when the waiter informed us that only a buffet was available. Food was plentiful but not of the high quality that one would expect at this kind of venue. Very expensive and not worth the money. If you're looking for a buffet go to the Sunday brunch at Cafe de la Terrasse at the Chateau Frontenac.Special Features:
- Out of province reviewMichelBoilardDined on 8/30/2013This is an awesome place to go to for tourists and visitors - beautiful view good food/service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularjaociDined on 8/29/2013We loved the restaurant. The view was especially wonderful. They had an outstanding dinner salad bar that had many choices, including shrimp and crab legs. The salad bar accompanied the main meal. We ordered steak, and although it was very flavorful, it was rather tough. This is the only thing I would suggest they could improve upon. We felt it was an excellent value overall, and the view was incomparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the view, food was goodcneuholdDined on 8/29/2013We were on a family vacation - my two children (8 and 5) and myself. I booked dinner here, mostly for the view. On one side of us was a table of 4 men who were having a business meeting, on the other side of us was a couple having a romantic dinner. The entrées are quite expensive. I can't comment on how good they are because I went for the salad, seafood and dessert buffet. It had a good enough selection for me. My 5 year old also had the buffet and was able to eat for free (5 and under). They also have a kid's menu so my 9 year old chose the pasta with meat sauce. The view was stunning on the clear night that we were there. The service was friendly. We spoke in a combination of french and english. I would definitely recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible view. whole familykatesmaticasDined on 8/29/2013incredible view. whole family loved it. food was very good. service outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mauvais servicelucqDined on 8/28/2013Ma deuxième visite a été peu apprécié. Le service a été pourri. On se desserait tout seul et remplissait notre cafe tout seul aussi. Donc probablement notre dernière visite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique and worth theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2013Very unique and worth the extra cost - terrific view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great buffetbdpmVIPDined on 8/24/2013The view is fun, but did not realize it was a buffet night. Not set up great for it and have had much better fotn the price. Our 1st time there. Better choices are available in Quebec!Special Features:
- Great food and unbeatable viewNottoolateDined on 8/22/2013View of Quebec gorgeous as the restaurant revolves 360. The service could use a bit of polishing, with one waiter seeming to do everything. It was difficult locating him sometimes or getting his attention. But when you had him, he was quiet gracious and friendly. The food is very good. Had surf and turf. Fillet mignon tender and perfectly cooked medium, and lobster tail not tough at all. Vegetables cooked tender and presented beautifully. Buffet was adequate. Not luxurious but enough variety and high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013View was nice. Not too crowded. Sweet 18 birthday party a few tables away was a little loud and took away from the ambience. Discreetly asked the hostess if a horse drawn carriage could be arrainged to suprize my wif for the ride back to the hotel. Her response,"Ànything is possible.`" What better service could you aske for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit to romantic quebec cityqcvisitorDined on 8/21/2013If you have the resources, this experience is well worth the cost. The meal for two will cost around $200 with wine or cocktails, but includes high-end salad bar and dessert bar. The view was worth every penny spent. The tower revolved twice while we were dining, and provided spectacluar views of a gorgeous environment. The meal was well-paced by the wait staff, and the quality of the food was excellent. I'm glad we were fortunate enough to partake fo this experience while visitng Quebec City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking Views at NightDowlbDined on 8/20/2013Warm friendly service and spectacular scenery as we revolved to see all the veiws of Quebec City.Special Features:
- Faites-vite!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2013Ce restaurant fermera ses portes en octobre prochain, dommage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, lousy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013The view is incredible of Quebec City, the rotating restaurant give you a 360 degree view of everything. Pic your spot to star carefully because depending on how long you are there some of the view is just of houses and not the old city. Brunch food was awful, I travel a lot and likely one of the worst buffet breakfasts of all time. The decor is also a little dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewweekendawayDined on 8/17/2013That's about it. Food/decor/ambience were very poor.Special Features:
- Good view with musicMeonvacationsDined on 8/16/2013Our dinner at L'Astral was a very pleasant experience where we had a good choice of salads, hot meals, cheese and dessert, accompanied by a pianist and a nice 360 view of Quebec city. Having a live musician performing while eating at a restaurant is something I have not experiences often but I always appreciate deeply.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Rotating RestaurantejllDined on 8/13/2013This restaurant was absolutely amazing! As two people not used to the fancier side of food eating, the staff was very helpful in laying everything out and explaining what to do and where to go. The food was absolutely delicious and the salad bar included specialties including smoked salmon, crab legs, mozzarella balls, and shrimp. As well, the desert bar left us feeling stuffed to the brim on delicious desserts, including a glorious fruit bowl. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who travels to Quebec City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice city view and sloppy serviceWashiDined on 8/13/2013The night view of the Quebec city to see from a window was splendid. However, it is not a common sense that the staff showed and explained our dishes to other table before bringing to our table. And the staff's service was sloppy such as pouring wine and clearing up the plate.Special Features:
- Great restaurant with a uniqueAlainDined on 8/11/2013Great restaurant with a unique experience of quebec citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013The restaurant revolves completely in about 1.5 hours so it is necessary to stay that long to appreciate everything. The view is phenomenal! The service is excellent. But the food, while very good, is not outstanding. There are some nice French touches but we went the night before for the buffet and much of the brunch food was reprised from the previous night's buffet. The omelette station was either not manned or under manned and one had to wait forever. A number of the dishes on the brunch were allowed to go empty without being quickly refilled. The meal was good, the table service excellent, the food ok, the view fantastic and the price, quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not impressed with aseeknoxDined on 8/10/2013I was not impressed with a buffet only at 80+$ per plate.Special Features:
- The view with ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013We went to the buffet on a Saturday night and although the food was good, it was not outstanding. But the view is magnificent. Spend 1.5 hours and see all of Quebec and environs from this revolving rooftop restaurant. But expect to pay fairly dearly for that privilege- $75/person approximately without drinks. But the view, if not the food, is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant was closing on theAlfredDined on 8/7/2013Resturant was closing on the 25th of October and therefore changed the menu to a buffet @ $58.00 per person. We cancelled our reservations.Special Features:
- Breakfast over QuebecFamilytravelDined on 8/6/2013We went to L'Astral with a party of 7 for the breakfast buffet. The food was delicious. There was something for everyone. The view was stunning. The price was reasonable for all you can eat in a major city. We ate such a hearty breakfast we didn't have lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food - loud sceaming kidsFoodnwineloverDined on 8/4/2013Not at all what this place used to be Might as well eat at MacDonalds
- Awesome dinner in Quebec CityjtbbkbVIPDined on 8/4/2013After a full day of sightseeing we ate dinner atop the Loew's hotel in Quebec City. Restaurant rotates once every 90 mins. Observed a beautiful sunset and the departure of the Queen Mary 2. Food was very good, service was outstanding. Wine by the glass was fairly priced with a good selection to choice from.Special Features:
- WOW!loverDined on 8/3/2013From Quebec originally but never being there...so decided to give it a try with my new Partner on a visit to the City. For the view at first but was really impressed with the menu which is very affordable and the ambiance is outstanding! Very good service, very relax and profesional. The waitress served us in english which was appreciated and showed great skills of personallity.I Love the idea that i was able flowers for the table before our arrival, what a neat idea! Above all good food, good wine, good service and a great view! What else one could ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic LunchwinterhavenDined on 8/3/2013A lovely romantic lunch on our first day in Quebec City. Good food, Good wine and great service. We will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be great!MKDKDined on 8/2/2013The location is great and if staying at the hotel, convenient, but that is all. The rotating restaurant needs an entire make over. We heard at another restaurant that it is closing soon and the hotel was supposed to be sold but buyers backed out (heard it was Marriott). Anyway. Even as is, it could be better. A little sprucing up of carpet, not having a salad bar and dessert bar as part of the dinner-not very nice. And making sure trash has not fallen between the table and window are inexpensive changes that could make a big difference. The piano music was lovely. They should just make it a great bar and forget the food.Special Features:
- Fantastic view of the city!JudyDined on 8/2/2013Fantastic view of the city! Food is fine. Veal dish was excellent. Sea bass portion was too small for the high price. Steak was tough. Gnocchi was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!familyBDined on 7/31/2013The food was excellent and the service was great. The wine suggestion to pair with our food choices was spot on, the view is amazing. The music was very light and some how seemed appropriate. Just a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.