577 Washington Street
Stoughton, MA 02072Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lastoriatrattoria.com/
- Phone: (781) 341-9797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from LaStoria Trattoria
LaStoria Trattoria is not your usual "Red Sauce" Italian Restaurant.We are a regional Italian Restaurant, specializing in dishes from Sicily to Napoli, Rome to Calabria, and Firenze to Venice.We use authentic recipes from the old country. All dishes are cooked "To order" in the Italian tradition using only the freshest Produce, Fish, and Meats. We out source imported Olive oils, Truffle oil, Balsamic Vinegar and other various Italian Pantry items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LaStoria Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- LaStoriarichmargieseptember192014Dined on 11/21/2014interior a bit dated but food and service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Storia is a gemSteveVIPDined on 11/21/2014We, often, visit La Storia because it is so consistently good. The hostess remembered our preferred table and had set it aside for us. Our waiter, Adam, has seen so much of us that he just brings our favourite wine when he first comes to our table. It's obvious that he has gotten to know many of the regular clientele and keeps track of their preferences. Great service! The fresh foccacia and dipping sauce is wonderful. The meals were delicious. I expect we'll continue to put La Storia at the top of our list because we enjoy dining there so much. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La StoriarosemaryDined on 11/15/2014La Storia is our favorite Italian Restaurant. We go there frequently. The food is fresh and delicious and the staff is efficient and friendly. Our only complaint was that they had no record of our reservation through open table. Luckily, we were there early enough to get a great table upstairs in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - - great valuehermey16Dined on 11/10/2014From an extensive menu and good wine list one can enjoy authentic Italian cuisine at a fine suburban restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but...StillHungryDined on 11/8/2014Although the lobster raviolis were delicious, there were only about 4 on the plate which left me wondering when the rest of my meal would arrive. It never did. There was no spaghetti on the side, and even after dessert, I left hungry. I won't be going back on an empty stomach.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDeniseDined on 11/7/2014LaStoria is pleasant, the food was delicious, service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Storia is a favouriteSteveVIPDined on 10/30/2014We frequent La Storia because the service is great, the food is, consistently, good and the atmosphere is up scale but relaxed. We were quickly seated in a preferred location and presented with delicious bread and spread. Though one of our party was arriving a bit later, we were given the option of starting on drinks and did so. The wait staff finds a way to be there when you need them while not making you feel like they're hovering or trying to push you any faster than you want to go. The entrees were delicious and filling. We felt very comfortable visiting over dinner. Thanks for another great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service was slow.YummylocalDined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed dinner here and thought the food was very good. We had the. 3-course specials. The chicken piccata and salad were excellent, however the eggplant rollitini was cold in the middle- weird because the waiter warned me of the plate being very hot (which it was, but the food on it was cold). My husband had the arancini which were great and he lived the bolognese sauce on his pasta. The service was slow, so much so that our waiter apologized and brought us. 1 free dessert to share, which was thoughtful. Good Tirimusu. All in all, a goods local spot, with good food, with good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 10/10/2014Family dining at its best. There were 4 adults and 2 children. The truffle fries kept us all happy till dinner,also the fried artichoke was enjoyable, for some of us. Childrens meal was served first, why, I'm still not sure. The main courses were delish, short ribs dish was tender and flavorful. A pasta dish with chicken was done well. The filet mignon was cooked to desired doneness, tender and very tasty. Good childrens menu a lot of choices. They were just okay with their meals, both had meatball sliders with French fries. It was an all around very nice evening. Great service,good food, nice atmosphere. Try it you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a Neighborhood GemFoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014This our go-to restaurant. We consistently have good meals here. The food is good, hot and timely. Adam is a friendly, attentive and fun server. We had a groupon and it was a great deal. Go for the Tiramisu!Special Features:
- This place needs Jon TafferOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014he low point was when i need to scrub the bathroom toilet so that I could use it. Two of us were seated at a table that was set for six , the wait staff continually used the empty end of our table as a serving station as they served other tables. Placing food to be served, dirty dishes etc. on the table as they did work. My gin and tonic came out as gin and soda. I mentioned it and they straightened it out on my second drink. I was charged for the first one also! Our appetizers came out quickly and were actually good. At this point I asked for the wine list. We then waited over 45 minutes with no water, bread, or drinks , just a table with dirty dishes , until our undercooked entries arrived. She never even came back for the wine order.
- Food delish but service not good.LuvtodineoutDined on 9/20/20144th time we've been here. Food is so good but you absolutely need to improve you service staff. Food comes out extremely slow and wait staff kept forgetting whatever we asked for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Saturday night date.MadeaterDined on 9/6/2014Overall the place is great place for a Saturday night date! This food is great and the wine is too. The only problem I had was the service was slow due to personnel. We were offered a free desert that took care of that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So we are regulars..MalMVIPDined on 8/30/2014And never disappointed. Food is always fresh, well prepared and delicious. And, of course, we have our favorite server, Adam, who not only makes sure we are well taken care of but also is a good mentor to newer servers -- and a congenial and kind representative of what LaStoria seems to stand. You can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Excellent Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014My husband and I have been looking for a local restaurant we have yet to try and LaStoria came up in our search. Although some of the reviews seemed a bit negative Howard the service I decided to give it a try one night while my mom was visiting. I'm so happy that we did!!!!! This place is adorably authentic and cozy. The amazing food smell filled the air as we walked in and our server, the bartender, could not have been sweeter or more attentive. Our dinners were AMAZING! Everything was delicious and was timed perfectly. I never write reviews but after reading some of the others on this restaurant prior to trying it I felt I needed to share our great experience. I can see this place becoming our new favorite local haunt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpiritoVIPDined on 8/17/2014It was everything I expected zand more. I would go back there.Special Features:
- good quality foodsunnylouDined on 8/9/2014The steak tips over risotto was excellent. I tasted my husband's veal with eggplant parm , it was the best.Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the LaStoria Trattoria reviews archive.
- Customer comes lastMargiDined on 7/17/2014We arrived on time for our 7 PM reservation and the restaurant was half empty. When the hostess returned to the stand, she asked for our name and told us it would be a few minutes. She left the stand, grabbed a spray bottle of cleaner and some cloths, and proceeded to clean two tables and the surrounding floor. When she returned to the hostess stand (5-6 minutes later) there were 3 additional parties. She grabbed menus, escorted us to a completely different table (not one she had been cleaning) in the furthest corner, with seats facing the bathroom door. When I commented that I thought she had been cleaning one of the tables for us, and that we could have been seated before, she said her boss told her to "clean the tables first".
- A train wreck meets a hurricaneLastoriawasterribleDined on 6/23/2014I went here for my boyfriends birthday and it was terrible. 1st I told them while making the reservation that it was his bday.They never said 1 thing the whole dinner. Ordered steak tips and chicken picatta. Steak tips were raw... raw. The chicken and linguine was not seasoned at all. There were 3 waitresses waiting on us and it still seemed like couldn't find one when we needed one. When we told one girl about the raw steak she asked if we would like anymore water.? Really?? Staff sucks food is worse I would eat chef boyardee microwaved and left out in the garbage overnight. Do not go here
- Italian gemMadeaterDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have been going to Lastoria for a few years now and we haven't had a bad meal. The prices are not to high and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine dinnerDecogalDined on 5/20/2014This was the second time we have been here with a Groupon voucher for 4 that covers 2 appetizers, 4 house salads and 4 entrees for $55, which is quite a good deal. We went the first time with fingers crossed, as the place has gotten some very negative reviews over the last few years, after having been a well-loved establishment. A great first experience led me to jump on the deal when it was offered again, and it did not disappoint. We made sure to steer clear of Friday-Saturday nights. The interior is charming and the service excellent. We enjoyed calamari and eggplant rollatini for apps and the filet, short ribs, fruit de mer and pollo gamberi for entrees. Everyone was completely satisfied!Special Features:
- La Storia Delivers AgainSteveVIPDined on 5/10/2014La Storia has become a favourite because it's consistently good and convenient. This visit was made very enjoyable by our waiter, Cory. Though it was very busy, the hostess informed us of our options and quickly seated us. Our waiter periodically touched base and apologized for delays while making the time move along. Actually, the pace was perfect as it gave us time to enjoy our drinks, bread, salad then the main course without feeling rushed. The food was delicious and we all enjoyed the evening, including the folks next to us who we met along the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- used to be so much better!disappointingDined on 5/2/2014Sadly not very pleasant; restaurant was dirty, waitress didn't have a clue, food was mediocre.
- just great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014The Downstairs area seems a little cramped but the food and friendly service make it worth the trip. Everything I've had there is great, especially the crispy spinach, it is different than any spinach I've ever had. A great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I have been to LaStoria many times because the food is good, However, last Saturday night we did what we've never done before, we walked out of the restaurant. We arrived at 7:15 pm, were seated at 7:25, and at 8:25 had not even had our drink order filled. It took the waiter, Cody, about 25 minutes to acknowledge us, and that was after the hostess admonished him. We ordered house wine and an appetizer about 7:45, at 8:10 Cody told us they were out of the wine, so we ordered another type. 15 minutes pass and Cody tells us there are no more clean glasses. So, after almost an hour with nothing but Cody's attitude, we left. It will be a long time before we go there again. Other reviews say the same thing, very poor service.
- Dissappointed ChomperSky1129VIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been to LaStoria multiple times, and have been faithful reoccurring customers up to our last two visits. Please note that we are not picky eaters and it pains us to have to tell the waiter or waitress something is wrong iwth the meal, having been in the restaurant biz ourselves. Had reservations, were seated promptly. Waited 45 minutes for our glasses of wine. Watched the table sit down next to us wait for the waiter for an hour before getting up and leaving. Was greeted by the waiter saying "What's up guys?" Eggplant was soggy (like it had been sitting for a while). Had the groupon, salads never came out. Main course was good, just took over an hour to come out. Place was run by children it looked like, no management in site.
- Saturday Night DinnerMalMVIPDined on 3/29/2014Hi, LaStoria is a regular dining place for my husband and me. We come here as a couple and frequently with relatives or friends. Food is alway very well prepared and Adam, our server, is attentive, fun, and interesting. We recommend the place and are glad we can now make on-line reservations!Special Features:
- wait stff attentive and patient.johnDined on 3/28/2014wait stff attentive and patient. calamari is lightly fried, very tender and delicious.Special Features:
- A Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have enjoyed LaStoria many times over past 20 years, but Sat night will be our last. Were seated in back of restaurant and immediately felt cold wind at feet. We asked for heat to be turned on - it never was. Table next to us was seated 10 minutes after us - they got bread, we didn't. Needed to ask. We ordered specials - 1 filet, 1 osso bucco. Took 1 hour+ to be served. After 30 minutes, waiter told me food would be coming soon. 25 minutes later... I had to call waiter over as he ignored us after the "food is coming soon." He said he wasn't sure why it was taking so long. Food finally came- the Osso Bucco was ALL FAT. My wife had 3 small bites of veal. I told waiter and he said that was too bad. No offer for new meal.
- Quite a shame. Worst hostess ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Prior to this last visit LaStroia has been my favorite local restaurant despite a noticeable decline over the past few years in quality. This last visit however will be my last. I rather not get into how the food wasnt at all good or the wine glasses were not just dirty they were used and still smelled of whatever was previously drank from them and instead focus on the worst hostess I will ever experience. The ordeal began with us standing there for an entire 14 minutes before anyone even a server acknowledged our presence. The hostess when she did appear and without going into too much detail was rude unmotivated uncaring and inconsiderate. Frankly we felt like we needed to EARN a table when on a Saturday night at 7:30 only 3 were taken.
- North End quality so close to home!BrenBDined on 2/14/2014Fantastic food and romantic atmosphere...so close to home! We definitely will go again and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedmeglDined on 2/14/2014Overall we were very disappointed with our experience. We were seated on the first floor at a table that was in the middle of the first small room, directly in the way of the door, entrance way and service station all at once. Our entire dining experience we were privy to the many gripes and complains the staff felt the were free to share at the prep station that was with in a foot and a half of our table. We thought we would have great service being in the middle off all the service staff's way. However our server took 20 mins to come to our table for drink orders. The food was fair, may have been slightly colored by the experience, but on the greasy side.
- Very Good Pizza, SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/8/2014We got a very tasty eggplant pizza -- a large was more than enough to split between two people -- and the nice apple and greens salad. Service was very attentive, and the general ambience was relaxed. We'd definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!LuvtodineoutDined on 2/8/2014Food was excellent. The Veal Milanese and Veal Parmesan were excellent! And we loved how the Eggplant Parm was baked with ricotta! Delicious Italian food! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lastroia has changed everyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Lastroia has changed every so slightly over the years and not in a good way. The food is still reasonably priced and tasty the ambiance is still great but the employees not so much. The hostess despite our reservation time made us wait for a table and sat a group of walk-ins before us. It wasnt until I went upstairs to use the restrooms noticed an open table and informed her that we were actually seated. The staff at least on the second floor also seem to be at war with eachother over the thermostat. The temperature fluctuations were extreme and it was almost comical watching everyone put on and take off their coats. Our waiter was new and actually the best part as he was quite nice literally making the room warmer whenever we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't drive byRichVIPDined on 1/13/2014I have driven past this restaurant hundreds of times without a glance. I needed a restaurant last Monday and my usual suspects were closed. I got a reservation at LaStoria really because they were one of the few open. Lucky day! 4 of us ate there and were delighted with the whole experience. I had a sea food special with risotto, shrimp and mussels as did 2 others and the fourth had steak. We were all impressed. The bill came and with drinks we all felt it was a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodFoodieVIPDined on 1/11/2014This was my first visit to LaStoria Trattoria. I went with my mother and my 2 children. It has a rustic feel and I like the upstairs where we were seated. I also like that they have a children's menu that includes a beverage and scoop of ice cream for dessert. We ordered the Bocci Balls (fried mozzerella) for our appetizer. They were delicious. My son ordered the pepperoni pizzettes. The pieces of pepperoni were huge. My daughter wanted an alfredo sauce. They made a mini order of chicken & broccoli penne with alfredo. She had enough for leftovers. My mom ordered the 1/2 chicken with potatoes and brussel sprouts. And I ordered the lasagna. My only criticism: I wish it came with a vegie or side salad. We all loved our food and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2014Always a great meal with good service at a reasonable price. I had the lobster raviolis with shrimp, scallops, tomatoes and asparagus in a vodka tomato sauce, it was delicious. My wife had almond encrusted haddock that she raved about.Special Features:
- Good Value for the QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2014After not having been here in a couple of years, we were pleasantly surprised by the updated menu and wider range of choices. We especially liked our rolled eggplant appetizer and grilled salmon entree. If the wrong salad hadn't been delivered, only to be replaced by a salad with less-than-fresh ingredients (we spoke up, but the waitress countered by saying "Well, they made it fresh"), we would have enjoyed the experience even more than we did. Still, we'd probably return sometime. Tip: On a Saturday night, try to arrive early; by 6:30 PM, the place was nearly full on a very cold night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbubbaDined on 12/31/2013my boyfriend and i went there for new years eve. we were lucky to get a reservation on open table. the atmosphere was cozy. candlelight on the tables. the prices were reasonable for the drinks as well as the food. they have a good selection of beer and wine. thwe had a mushroom appetizer which was good. i had the chicken saltambocca which very good and my boyfriend had the tuscan meatloaf which he loved. the service was good. the only downside was my beer from the keg was flat but they replaced with a bottled beer. would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.