LaStella's Restaurant & Catering
159 East Palmetto Park Road
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
LaStella's Restaurant & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lastellasofboca.com/
- Phone: (561) 544-2081
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Barlow
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering menu is extensive.
We can accommodate intimate dinners for two or large parties of up to 3000.
Our Restaurant can service groups of up to 60 people.
For info regarding your next event contact Jamie direct at 954-614-8386.
A word from LaStella's Restaurant & Catering
La Stella's of Boca Raton serves only the finest Italian food and provides full service catering, with over 18 years experience. Chef owner Jamie Barlow comes to us from Federal Hill Providence, Rhode Island and brings with her an authentic Italian style of cooking using only the finest ingredients.Continued
D.O.C certified San Marzano Tomatoes, Olio Verde' grade A+ olive oil, hand selected produce, meat and fish are key to our authentic style of cooking.
D.O.C certified San Marzano Tomatoes, Olio Verde' grade A+ olive oil, hand selected produce, meat and fish are key to our authentic style of cooking.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
LaStella's Restaurant & Catering - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
LaStella's Restaurant & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (29)great for outdoor dining (28)romantic (19)special occasion (18)good for groups (9)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- neighborhood findtommymdDined on 4/26/2014The place was packed on Saturday night - great bread, fairly priced wine list with a good selection, good menu...a bit pricey but no more than the upscale restaurant next door, service was very slow because they were very busy but we were happy anyway-we even moved to a larger table as our party of 2 ended up being a 4, food items were flavorful, Cioppino should have been larger and could have a better presentation for the price or maybe add a side of pasta with it, dessert was a warm chocolate torte and it was not as smooth as it should have been-almost broken or maybe microwaved too long, the music seemed much too loud and not appropriate to the atmosphere especially late when the room started to clear out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Stella's is delish!melissarDined on 4/26/2014The food here is fantastic! The grilled calamari is amazing! The linguini with clams is devine (and I am not a clam lover). The space is small, cramped and noisy, but if you can deal with it, the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Now Mexican @ Lunch!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 4/22/2014LaStella's has gone Mexican at lunch, and they have done an awesome job! The dishes are not anything you would get in a fast food or chain Mexican restaurant. Each is individually prepared by established Mexican chefs, with recipes from their country. The mole and rojo sauces are quite tasty, and the rice and beans cannot be matched. Guacamole can be prepared mild, medium, or hot, and is a huge portion size. Try any of three different salads, and add chicken, meat, or broiled shrimp (HUGE SIZE), and you'll be really impressed. Home made sangria with lots of interesting fruits fermented overnight. You will walk away and be more than satisfied and surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues To Impress!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 3/31/2014For my own and spouse's birthday dinners, we had many Boca restaurants to select from, and decided on LaStella's. They continue to achieve outstanding customer service, have added new "eager to please" wait staff, a host/general manager (MATT), and WEEKLY SPECIALS which are truly special, exciting, and tasty (chicken meatballs with sweet papers), broiled trout are examples. PORTION SIZES are large enough to SHARE, so ignore negative reviews complaining they are too large! The food is prepared for each table, it will take time, be patient, have a bottle of wine from diverse well priced menu. Leave room for YUMMY DESSERTS, and they only serve espresso, don't complain about no coffee. They get crowded on very weekends, thats a good sign!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was the best we'veJudithDined on 3/19/2014Our waiter was the best we've had (indicating that there have been some problems in the past; the staff seems to change constantly). The food was as good as usual. That, along with COUPON KEEPS UD=S COMING BACK.
- Kiddie serversOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2014Used to be our favorite. Food is great. The teenie bopper help is atrocious. Gum chewing, un knowledgable, clumsy, totally inept! So are is the greeter and sweater. Chaos reigns. The owner was not there, so. The inmates were running the asylum. We are through with this place.Special Features:
- Great non pretensious restaurantDemandingMaxVIPDined on 3/11/2014Loved the shrimp appetizer, a special I hope is offered again. The chicken francese was two huge pieces of chicken breast, and the sauce was tangy and great on my taste buds. Had a reasonably priced bottle of Argentian Chardonnay and suggest you not pass up their ever changing wine list. Desserts are all well done, leave room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was badfirsttimecustomerDined on 3/8/2014Food was delicious but because the service was bad it was hard to focus on the good food. We waited forever, even for our drink order to be taken. It was the same with our food order. I don't think we would go back.
- DON'T EAT HEREGIRAFFEDined on 2/28/2014THIS RESTAURANT SERVES THE WORST FOOD I'VE HAD IN A LONG, LONG TIME. MY HUSBANDS LINGUINE MUST HAVE BEEN SITTING AND COOKING FOREVER, AS IT WAS A PILE OF MUSH. I ORDERED CHICKEN MARSALA AND INSTEAD OF NICE THIN MEDALLIONS I RECEIVED BIG FAT CHICKEN BREASTS WITH AN AFTER TASTE. I ORDERED A SPLIT OF PROSECCO, AND WAS TOLD AFTER RECEIVING A GLASS AND COMPLAINING THAT THEY NO LONGER HAD THE SPLIT. MY FEELING IS YOU TELL THE CUSTOMER BEFORE NOT AFTER. THERE BREAD WAS SO AWFUL THAT IT REALLY COULD NOT BE EATEN.
- Always lots of foodrichmisDined on 2/25/2014Food and service are always good here. However, I am now convinced that the portions really are too big. They have a signature app of meatballs, served in tomatoe sauce with a dollop of ricotta. They are delicious, but you get two and each one is the size of a regulation base ball. I ordered the roasted half lemon chicken and it was not a small capon, bit a regular size fryer, served with roasted potatoes and broccoli raab. The wife ordered chicken francese with a side of penne. Both meals were great, but we each brought half home. I noticed that some of the reviews complain that the prices are high; here's the reason, the portions are too big!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service the worstsassyDined on 2/15/2014on Sat, nice wine outside, but that's where it ended. Had been there before, this time the worst.
- So-SofussyfoodieVIPDined on 2/1/2014Food is just Ok. App prices very high, about $17-19. Salads high too, about $15. You are paying for the prime location. Flat bread crust was like cardboard. Pomodoro sauce was flavorless. Chicken Francese drowned in lemon juice. But large portions of everything. Servers are polite and friendly but overall service is amateurish. When you make your Rez., they "assign" you a table. Some tables are very undesirable, especially the hi-tops outside which are squished between busy street traffic on one side and pedestrians on the other side. Check before you show up to see if this is what you've been "assigned."
- Great FoodCustomPenVIPDined on 12/31/2013La Stella's has great food but the service suffered.... Extensive wait for our table even with the reservation and afterwards they were understaffed..... But our server John was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Evefun4foodiesDined on 12/31/2013We booked our reservation at the last minute and were offered an outside "hightop" table. Although we werent sure we would be satisfied with the table, since it was in close proximity to our home decided to try this restaurant on a very busy evening. We were not disappointed. We were seated at the time of our reservation. The staff was pleasant and accomodating, the table was comfortable and the food and wine were excellent. We will be back for another enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/28/2013Too bad that the service was so bad as the food isn't too bad but there are better places in Boca
- Always terrific and we are NYersRubyVIPDined on 12/28/2013Jamie Barlow the owner/chef make this wonderful. She welcomes every customer and always ensures that you are enjoying everything. One salad is better than the next from the Pistachio goat cheese one to the great calarmari salad. Each entree is better than the next from chicken scarpariello to great pastas and seafood. You must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First the good news - theFoodFanDined on 12/28/2013First the good news - the food was exceptional. The server was great, but he was clearly working too many tables. The restaurant is very small with tables crowded together. The outside terrace is about the same size, which is great, except when it rains and they don't tell you that your table is outside! Specify that you want inside or outside when making your reservation. Very important! They were not ready for the reservations that they took. They ran out of several food items and several more wine selections from their menu and this was at 7:30 PM. I would give them another try simply because the food was soooooo good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service againJudithDined on 12/28/2013Unfortunately, La Stellas must be short handed. Our waiter was a little rough around the edges but the problem was that he was apparently too busy to take timely care of us. Once the restaurant filled up forget it. I had to go to the bar to ask for a second glass of wine. I'll try to avoid Saturday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- up and downStNickDined on 12/26/2013very good to excellent food offset by terrible service.
- Consistently greatRubyVIPDined on 12/24/2013We really enjoyed the restaurant and plan to be back while in S.Florida. This is our 3rd time and love everything from great salads to delicious entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!GingerDined on 12/24/2013The food is fabulous! Do not be disapointed by the fresh bread that is brought to the table. It is not even worth trying. However, the appetizers and entrees are fabulous. The service is far from wonderful. The college kids did not know the specials and could barey read them. They just kept on complaining how they didn't want to be stuck working late another night and couldn't wait to get out of there. It was a big turn off as the food was so wonderful, and probably causes them to lose a lot of returning customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming european like ambiancepoosVIPDined on 12/7/2013Absolutely delicious food, prepared with very fresh ingredients and a beautiful presentation. Vibe is fun, vibrant but comfortable and most definitely not stuffy. we felt like we were sitting at an outdoor cafe by the Trevi fountain in Rome. Better prices though! Prego!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food and servicetbaseVIPDined on 12/7/2013A small intimate place for good food and attentive service. The chef knows Italian spices and is not afraid to use them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicesak811VIPDined on 11/29/2013This is the first time that we were at the restaurant that our service was terrible. One of the waiters, a male, was discourteous, treated us as if we were children and should not be working in the restaurant. The manager,a wonderful lady, did make amends and did treat us with respect and did the right think. It is because of her that we will go back to the restaurant. If it were for the male waiter we would never visit the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/27/2013cozy atmosphere nice service but tables crowded together and no sign that the food is created by an in-house chef. We would not go back since food is expensive.Special Features:
- Very good. The dishes we hadkauaiMeDined on 11/23/2013Very good. The dishes we had were well prepared. Pasta al dente, swordfish respectfully recent and presentations authentic. It's another good example of a significantly good, unpretentious restaurant that those who have a history of Italian eating in Italy wish it could go up one more click and waive as it drives by the other 4.3 star James beard wannibies with earlier reservation close outs and less humility. Prices press on the high side for east Boca Raton east of Federal Highway, but what else is new in our four-star Florida dining world. We ain't St. Helena or Amalfi, Dorothy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLEASING AS ALWAYSqueensgirl57Dined on 11/11/2013I've dined at La Stella's a few times and have never been disappointed. from appetizer to dessert the food is delicious and I love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Boca diningAndyVIPDined on 11/9/2013Enjoyed everything about the restaurant....from the service to the dining experience. Excellent food...we will be back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant to enjoyRevolDined on 11/9/2013Great restaurant to enjoy a very good italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2013La Stella"s is in my neighborhood and i eat here often. the food never fails. This is a true mom and pop restaurant without the pop. Jamie the owner is there 24/7. When she is not hard at work in the kitchen or selecting the freshest fish, meats, produce and wines, she is out on the floor talking with the customers to ensure they have the most enjoyable dining experience possible. She really cares and the proof is in her TLC in everything at La Stella's.Special Features:
- Get a new chef!CopperDined on 10/25/2013We were seated right away and drinks were brought to us without any delay. We ordered the Chicken Picata and the Chicmen Francese. Both were covered in black pepper and lemon. It was as if one was used to try to cover the other. It was a wonder that I could even taste the Francese because the chicken was so tough. I could barely cut it. The dinners were returned and complementary deserts were brought to us, which were tasty but nothing outstanding. The manager apologized to us for our meals and said that the tough chicken was due to it being organic. We wi not be returning.
- Check Out The New Wine List!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 10/18/2013Owner Jaime B. outdoes herself with a new, more hip, more adventuresome wine list. Much time has likely been dedicated to pulling these interesting wines into her restaurant. Food specials change weekly on Thursdays, and always include interesting choices. We had a pumpkin ravioli in a light creme sauce entree, broiled salmon, and shared a large house salad, so fresh and with a great special dressing. Attentive service headed by John, backed up by the treat of the team. A local restaurant with great vibe, good music, and on-site ownership/management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceNickDined on 10/17/2013Very fine food and service. Wine list is pricey. It's an intimate space and when full can be very noisy. Too bad that there is not something to absorb the sound.Special Features:
- Need to update menu online,PBVicCCVIPDined on 10/14/2013Need to update menu online, since they didn't have certain items still on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- But you can't tell anyone else!TrevorDined on 10/11/2013LaStella's Italian home-style cooking in this tiny nook of a restaurant is generally very good. The Sunday Gravy is fantastic any day of the week. Our waiter knows his stuff - having been in the service business I could tell when he was checking out our progress through our salads so he could time the arrival of our entrees. In past visits the ravioli and risotto specials were interesting and cooked and sauced perfectly. Eating al fresco is the way to go but be aware you're going to be sitting right next to a busy downtown thoroughfare. And don't be surprised to have a bicyclist zip right past your table. Both inside and outside dining is minimal and it gets busy on the weekends so I'd highly recommend getting a reservation ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small place with limited optionsFoodieBVIPDined on 10/11/2013The place is small & has a limited menu. The food is ok but was expensive for what you get especially since you don't get a salad with your meal & many dishes don't come with a side.. For my money there are better options in town.
- La Stells's is SPECIAL!!1DivaVIPDined on 10/7/2013La Stella's lives up to its name. It IS a STAR!! Our waitress, Chelsea, was very accommodating and gracious. Her service, coupled with the EXCELLENT cuisine, made our dinner MEMORABLE. We had their meatball appetizer--which was soooo good, that we ordered another portion. I had their Chicken Parmagiana--which was the BEST I have EVER eaten. My dining companion had their Eggplant Parmagiana--which was soooo good, that he ate every single morsel. Their desserts are sinfully delicious. Save room for their chocolate espresso torte or their Pizzelle. The décor, the dim lighting and the piped in music,-- made the ambiance relaxing and elegant. We used a charitydine discount dining voucher, making the cost of our dinner very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitCMACDined on 10/5/2013This was our second visit to LaStella. The food was delicious. We started with the pistachio encrusted tomato and mozzarella appetizer. it was delicious. We then had the Beet Salad. It was also very good; and I don't like beets. For the main entree we had the Eggplant Parmesan and the Pasta stuffed with Blue Cheese. Both were awesome, but the eggplant was amazingSpecial Features:
- the Great LaStellahsriceVIPDined on 10/4/2013Jaime continues to surprise and delight with the new menu items, and the old excellent service.An outstanding,helpful, knowledegable staff. Always reliable friendly,savy, and on top of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Over their headsRogerDined on 9/28/2013They are very small and some what unorganized. Half their seating is out side and it was raining so there is no place for people to wait. Some had to wait 20 to 3o minutes. Very noisy inside. No wine list to speak of jut 1 or 2 for each grape