L'asso East Village
107 First Ave.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
L'asso East Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lassonyc.com/
- Phone: 2128372045
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from L'asso East Village
L’asso is proud to serve only ORGANIC flour and ORGANIC tomato sauce. Along with weekly new pizza creations, the L’asso menu also includes unique pasta, salads, and appetizer specials – as well as the city’s finest “legal” pizza. Favorites include Pizza al Tartufo (Portobello mushroom pesto, cheese, fresh rosemary, and truffle oil), Pizza San Daniele (prosciutto san daniele, mozzarella, arugula, parmigiano, and olive oil), and the wildly popular Margherita DOC, a pie so rich in history, a law was recently passed defining the proper way to prepare it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'asso East Village reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2013Awesome food, great vibe, cool music... everything I want!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local pizza placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2013With lots of space, wonderful salads, and tasty main courses, as well as a good beer selection, this was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013I love this restaurant. It is delicious, fresh, and well priced. Dinner and brunch are fantastic. The Collina salad is one of my favorite salads ever.Special Features:
- good, but not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/19/2013Dinner was good- not great, but good. Being that the service was friendly (despite a few mistakes & reminders), the bill was really cheap, and it was easy to get a table, I would recommend this place to others. There is better pizza in the neighborhood but it's nice to have a place to go to where you can rely on getting a table easily.Special Features:
- Fading Star?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/3/2013This place used to be our "go to" solution for pizza, but our last dinner is making us re-think this. The menu appears to be shrinking (less options) and even though I noted in the OpenTable comments that we were there on my wife's birthday and a few days after our wedding anniversary, there was nary a peep from our server. Having dined there numerous times in the past, I don't have a problem holding them to a high standard, since I know what they are/were capable of.Special Features:
- Awesome PizzaRoderickDined on 3/9/2013The food was great and the drinks were cheap. I really like how they allowed us to split our topping choices on the pizza. We were basically able to try 2 pizzas in one. I got to try a potato chip pizza and a mushroom. We also had a great waiter who was really attentive. He kept checking on us and asked what we thought of the pizza. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they have an amazing dailyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2013they have an amazing daily happy hour deal from 6-9PM - 2 slices of margherita pizza and a beer for $5; their other pizzas are amazing too, especially the tartufoSpecial Features:
- secret gempiafVIPDined on 2/2/2013What a gem! Ended up here with 4 friends on a Saturday night - they had plenty of room for us, though for the location and food I'm surprised by how empty it was. Service was lovely - everyone had a sense of humor, took time to explain things, was attentive about our progress through the meal, in general a pleasure to be around. fritti misti was a good collection of fried delights (minus mozzarella) - great fried zucchini. We got one of their large pizzas - don't be fooled, it's not a 29" round, more of a long rectangle - and it was really tasty. Definitely keeping this in mind for east village dinners & hoping it doesn't get discovered by too many!Special Features:
- Great East Village PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Excellent regular pizza and excellent gluten free pizza. Quality ingredients used, nicely put together and cooked just right. The desserts were also gluten free and excellent. Totally reasonable price for this quality and experience. We went early so it might be loud after 8:30p.Special Features:
- Love the pizza here but theEVFoodieVIPDined on 1/11/2013Love the pizza here but the vibe is just okay. I would prefer if it felt a little livelier.Special Features:
- Good food and fun environment.LeleVIPDined on 1/5/2013Good food and fun environment. However the restaurant gave my reserved table (for my birthday) to a walk-in group, even though I was on time! They squeezed us (6 people) into a booth meant for 4, and then kept asking us if we wanted to move, even though they didn't have anything better. I was annoyed and felt like they should find us an adequate table, rather than look to us to make that decision.
- grown up pizza jointjlonycVIPDined on 1/4/2013Really great pizza and place has a cool vibe. nice wine and beer but can be noisy. esp in the back. even small pizza is generous and can be split easily . needs more side dishes and salad is good, but not for 14.00. great happy hour prices :)Special Features:
- Went here with a friend toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Went here with a friend to split a pizza and beer. specialty pizzas are great combinations of love. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always a Great TimeGailDined on 11/29/2012This was my third visit to L'Asso EV. As usual, the service was super friendly and attentive and the food was exceptional. we had the fried tomatoes with fresh mozzarella (a favorite from previous visits), Ed;as meatballs (always delish) and medium pizza - half with Brussels sprouts and bacon (insane!) and half the L'Asso Supreme. Everything. Also, $6/glass happy wine special - can't beat it! was excellentSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Food was excellent, but service was very slow. We had a reservation for 8:30pm, but weren't seated until almost an hour later. However, the staff was very accommodating and comped a few drinks for us because of the wait, which we appreciated very much. Staff was also very friendly and food was excellent!! We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Had a good time, the spaceMrABDined on 11/9/2012Had a good time, the space was pretty good, as well. Like the large pizza options, allows for a large group to split pizza, without needing a few pies, which would have a lot of table space taken up by the wood stones.Special Features:
- I would try anything twice..LDNYCVIPDined on 10/17/2012I think I should have tried some of the dishes other than pizza. The bruschetta and the herbed fries that we had were great, but the pizza simply isn't my style. The 'happy hour' special on wines and beer are a nice added bonus.
- Unbelievably delicious pizza.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Unbelievably delicious pizza. Very unique menu with lots of fun items that are really easy to share with a group. Brussel Sprout and Bacon Pizza was awesome. Perfect balance of buttery Brussel Sprouts with smoky, crispy bacon.Special Features:
- A bit noisy. Lots of groups.TKentVIPDined on 10/6/2012A bit noisy. Lots of groups. They moved us to a quieter table in order to accommodate a large group that came in after us. Pizza is delicious. Good wine and beer selections. We were a bit disappointed that they were "out" of the S'mores pizza (not the first time they've run out), but we had the Nutella pizza and salted caramel budino for dessert anyway.Special Features:
- Went on a wednesday night,HossDined on 10/3/2012Went on a wednesday night, had a reservation but place was empty. We had the meatballs for app and the margherita doc for dinner. Food was great, but was not hot. Both dishes were genuinely served warm which was odd. 5 stars otherwise
- Not as intimate as the SoHoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012Not as intimate as the SoHo location, but great service and yummy food. Definitely a great place to make a reservation for a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great Pizza and More!GailDined on 9/21/2012This was my second trip to L'Asso EV and it did not disappoint. We tried the gluten free crust pizza (in 2 varieties) on this trip and the crust was pretty good, though I prefer the regular crust. It is good that they have the gluten free option though for those who cannot tolerate wheat flour. I would also recommend the Eda's meatball appetizer and the roasted beet salad. Service is super attentive and friendly. An all around great dining experience.Special Features:
- Ate at L'asso last night withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012Ate at L'asso last night with a group of six and had a really fantastic time. We got the Margherita D.O.C, The Pistachio pizza, and one with arugula, prosciutto and parmigiana. We also had the L'asso salad, the arugula salad and the minted peas, with cheese cake for dessert and two bottles of wine. Perfect amount of food for 6. Everything was really incredible, particularly the l'asso salad and the pistachio pizza. The atmosphere is casual but fun, the service was prompt but not overbearing, and the decor is really simple and nice. Definitely recommended, especially for groups or late-night dining.Special Features:
- Great pizza. Happy hour untilboreas88Dined on 8/15/2012Great pizza. Happy hour until 9pm didn't hurt. Gorgonzola Bruschetta was phenomenal!Special Features:
- Great italianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012A great place to take a date or a bunch of friends and share some pizza. Great decoration and ambience and located next to a variety of bars to go drinking afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was spectacularadauDined on 7/25/2012The service was spectacular and the food amazing. They also have a late happy hour (9pm)...all the makings of my new favorite neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- A must-tryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2012What a surprise. Delicious food. The pizzas are enormous. A small pizza and a couple appetizers were more than enough for two young women.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!!!! What fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012DELICIOUS!!!! What fantastic pizza. Went with a larger group and the salads and pizzas were absolutely to die for.Special Features:
- Pizza could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/17/2012Pizza could have been better if they didn't bring it out at the same time as the appetizers. By the time we tried it, it was already cold.
- Always solid food. I've beenrickygilbert11VIPDined on 6/1/2012Always solid food. I've been to L'asso Nolita and loved it, so I really wanted to try the East Village location. The food was similar: consistently good. However, the service was extremely slow. We waited over an hour for pizza. They sat us 20 minutes after our reserved time at a table for 4 (there were 6 of us). If you can handle the poor service for the good food, go for it. I recommend taking out next time.Special Features:
- So great, for both groupsokayDined on 5/26/2012So great, for both groups and dates. Beautiful space, beautiful food.Special Features:
- Yum!NYEatsVIPDined on 5/16/2012I only tried the brick oven pizza... It was delicious!I also got GREAT service :-)
- I went here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012I went here for my birthday dinner with a group of friends. I have been to the other L'asso location many times and love it. This location is a bit more spacious and was easily able to accomodate our size, the food was as good as always. We were there from about 6:30-9 and the space was very quiet, which we enjoyed. Around the same time the other location is a lot more busy so it's harder to chat and to stay for a while. Not an issue at this location, great space, great food, great staff. It looked like they might have an outdoor space that I hope to try soon!Special Features:
- The pizza is delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2012The pizza is delicious. The waiter and host should be a little more friendly.Special Features:
- i am unsure about if I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2012i am unsure about if I would return here again - the food was good - no question about that - I had the margarita pizza and meatballs...but it was quite expensive for pizza. $30 for a margarita pizza is absolutely overpriced...esp when there are many other great pizza spots in the neighborhood that charge way less..the service was mixed...the waiter was great - no complaints there - the hostess was awful...she was rude...when we arrived and I said I had a reservation she said "well we're not ready so you should just go drink at the bar for a while" when I asked how long the wait would be - she had no idea - she also had no interest in helping as she didn't even want to know what name my reservation was under..also the music was way 2 loud
- Delicious food, lovely staff, LOUD.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2012Great food, great service... but it's a LOUD restaurant. The pump the music, and you can hardly hear yourself think.Special Features:
- The pizza here is really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/6/2012The pizza here is really good although I prefer the ambiance at the downtown location better.
- Really liked this place. TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2012Really liked this place. Tasty food, friendly service, fun vibe. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Nolita location is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2012The East Village location was disappointing compared to what I've experienced at the Nolita branch. There were no specials, the menu touted an item which they apparently no longer even offer, and the Margherita pizza was undercooked, doughy and wasn't served hot. While the space here is roomy and comfortable, it's lacking in energy, coziness and a cool vibe. I would gladly travel a bit further downtown to the original location to enjoy better food and a more intimate atmosphere.
- Had a great brunch at L'AssoManhattanetteVIPDined on 3/11/2012Had a great brunch at L'Asso EV last weekend. The staff was very nice and attentive - kept our coffee mugs full. The Stumptown coffee is so good! The food was great. The Uova pie was a little salty, but very good overall. I will definitely be going back for brunch or pizza another time!Special Features: