L'assiette Steak Frites
7166 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
L'assiette Steak Frites
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lassiettesteakfrites.com/
- Phone: 3232742319x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: Jacques Fiorentino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from L'assiette Steak Frites
L’Assiette, which means “the dish” in French, located in West Hollywood, features one dish and one dish only: Steak-Frites, so it's prepared with the proper care and attention it deserves. (Delicious accommodations for non-meat eaters are available, just ask your server.) The simple yet sophisticated menu, also offers a variety of cheeses and pastries creating the quintessential Steak-Frites experience from start to finish.Continued
Thirsty? L’Assiette has an extensive selection of domestic and imported beers and wines available at the bar, which pairs perfectly with their new Late Night Bar Menu.
Thirsty? L’Assiette has an extensive selection of domestic and imported beers and wines available at the bar, which pairs perfectly with their new Late Night Bar Menu.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
L'assiette Steak Frites - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
L'assiette Steak Frites reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (51)romantic (45)special occasion (35)notable wine list (34)good for groups (23)late-night find (23)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food ambiance, ReasonableMarianaDined on 9/10/2014I already did this. Food delicious. Sauce addictive. Great portions great wine list. Different hours offer different crowd. Even great bar with wide screen TV, or more romantic a little late. Great desserts too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shh! Don't tell anyone! The BEST!PosiBlondeDined on 8/30/2014I'm hesitant to review L'assiette because I don't want it to become a 'hard to get into' trendy spot that always happens in LA, but I at the same time, I want to shout to the city that this new little bistro is a gem! The only thing on their menu is Steak Frites (they do have 1 fish and 1 veggie option for those non-meat eaters silly enough to go here.) For $25, you have a choice of a soup or salad (I chose the Sorrel soup which was recommended by Ally, the gorgeous waitress as "swims well with the steak". It was divine, and did, indeed, swim well! Then our plate of perfectly cooked Steak and Frites arrived. We were told the second helping of this would arrive in a little while. What???! A superb meal. Owners Jacques & son Mark were TOPS! XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceRamdarDined on 8/26/2014We love the food here, and it keeps getting better. Everything is served perfectly prepared and in two stages so your food is never cold. It's a bargain at $25 for your soup or salad and an entree (steak frites, salmon or a vege dish). They now offer valet parking which makes life easier if you're a typical Angelina. Big plus: the lovely ambiance and music do not preclude dinner conversation. There are many food choices in LA, but if you're in the mood for French grace and elegance in a casual setting, don't hesitate to visit L'Assiette.Special Features:
- a touch of ParisPengilly109Dined on 8/20/2014Having had my first entrecôte in France over 2 years ago, I was so excited to finally be reunited with steak and frittes once again. We started with both the sorrel soup and salad, the duet was simple and delicious. Then, drumroll please, the meal had arrived at the table. I was expecting my steak to be bathed in the signature green sauce that I had first experienced in Paris. Instead, the steak was covered in a brown gravy. Although heavy and wintery, it had it's own original flavor. Nontheless, the steak was flawless at a recommended medium-rare. As far as the pomme frittes were concerned, perfection! To end, we ordered the Profiteroles, a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple, Delicious.jaytayDined on 8/9/2014They do steak frites and they do them very very well. The cheese we started with was delectable and the wine was wonderful, but the real star was the steak. Absolutely delicious. I love that they have a simple menu and the value is incredible. Nowhere else can you get a great atmosphere, ambiance, 3 glasses of wine, cheese, a salad, a soup, and two generous helpings of steak for $95. Amazing!Special Features:
- Great French Restaurantnykos5000Dined on 8/8/2014This is a great place if you have a craving for French style Steak Frites with a very delicious secret sauce and a simple menu to follow. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Frites!JoriverDined on 8/8/2014This is a really good place that I would recommend for people who love steak. The taste of the steak is amazing, hard to describe with work, but it literally melt in your mouth like butter. The frites (French Fries) are also amazing. You have two services of steak frites. Lots of different wine. For the French people, this restaurant was inspired by the restaurant "L'entrecote".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMeLikeFoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014This place has a limited menu for a reason - their steak frites are incredibly good! Our waiter wasn't the best, a little too enthusiastic & didn't know the wines very well. The second serving feels sorta gimmicky, but fresh outta the kitchen, the frites are top notch. The steak is prepared sous vide, so it's fork-tender. The sauce is amazing - someone else on here called it THE SAUCE OF THE GODS (right on). Finished with the best amaretto cake I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/2/2014Second time dining on a Saturday night - each time, I was treated warmly, kindly and the service was excellent. Table was ready and waiting for us. Wine list is amazing - Sancere and Pinot Noir amazing! Highly recommend to anyone who loves steak frites - the best in Los Angeles, I have eaten.Special Features:
- Friendly Service, Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Great care was taken to ensure we had a great experience. The staff was friendly, attentive and took very good care or our group. We were made to feel right at home and the meal was excellent. We would be happy to recommend to a friend and we will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT VALUE!TerithefoodieDined on 7/27/2014High quality beef prepared in slow cooking process. It's smoothy tender melted in your mouth either it's med rare or med well. Fries is cripy flavorful. It's a rare find in L.A. with great value and high quality steak frites. 3-course DineLA dinner for only $25 wow! The owner is very proud of what he's able to offer. A must for foodies and every body! 2-visit for me in a month time.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was great! You definitely get a bang for your buck. The amaretto cake is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingly yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/24/2014The best steak frites I have ever had! This place is very cozy an perfect for an amazing date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA experienceFoodieForeverDined on 7/23/2014I went with a friend for dine LA. The restaurant is very cute and a good use of space. It was almost completely full when we got there, but had a reservation so we were sat right away. Our waitress was very sweet, and we like her a lot. For the first course my friend and the soup and it was fantastic. I had the salad and was very happy with it. It was lite, fresh and delicious. For the second course I had the salmon, which unfortunately was very over cooked. I should have gotten the steak like my friend, it was really good and perfectly cook. Dessert was amazing but took forever to come out. The people next to us had an entire meal in the time it took our dessert to come out. They only have beer and wine, but had a nice selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood find!spiceOfLifeDined on 7/22/2014I chose their dineLA menu (salad, their signature steak frites, and desert) it was delish! Met the owner, very nice gentleman. Loved the atmosphere and decor. The staff was very friendly. My only reservation about this place is their regular menu for steak frites is $25 (but includes a house salad) which to me is a little pricey. However that being said the dish is very good and I would go back for special occasions. Otherwise it's a great wine bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY2LA1976Dined on 7/22/2014We went during the 2014 Dine L.A. week and really enjoyed our dinner. The steak was unbelievably tender as they Sou Vide it, making it like butter. The soup was fabulous as was the service. I would go again!Special Features:
- Great French-Style RestaurantNozferatuVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is honestly the first French-style restaurant where I can safely say isn't pretentious and snooty like all of the ones I've been to before. The food was solid, the steak cooked extremely well, tender, buttery, and soft. The sauce accented the meat very well. The only thing that I believe they could do better at are the frites. As far as they go, I have had better...that is to say less oily, more substantial tasting frites. I like my frites Belgian style...crispy outside, soft inside, not greasy or oily. They would have better complimented the meal IMO but everyone has their preferences so no big deal. Staff was very professional, everything was nice. I'd love to work there myself frankly...looks like a fun place!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014melt-in-your-mouth steak and crispy, delicious fries. delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation was not honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My reservation made on Opentable was not honored by L'assiette Steak Frites.
- yummy fries!ohmygacheDined on 7/18/2014Great small authentic French bistro. Run by a very warm and friendly father and son. Steak and fries are delicious, sorrel soup was so good, the bread was great, the noise level not bad at all and we are really sensitive to restaurant noise! O and the price was REALLY right....$25 for soup or salad, steak and fries and a second helping on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak frites specialist in WeHoDTD99VIPDined on 7/18/2014Assiette specializes in steak frites and their signature dish is excellent. Friendly staff, generous portions and a casual atmosphere too!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerWestwoodVIPDined on 7/18/2014Tried L'assistte at Dine LA Restaurant Week with family. The food are very delicious: steak frites, salad, soup, and amaretto cake. The wine and beer selections are great, too. Noticed that you can bring your own wine for reasonable corkage. Valet parking is $7, which is a bit expensive than valet parking at Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- Delicious FooddineLA1Dined on 7/16/2014Fantastic dinner! My boyfriend and I tried it out for dineLA Restaurant Week and the set menu was phenomenal! I highly recommend the Sorrel Herb Soup, Steak-Frites, and Profiteroles. The only downsides were 1) brownie a la mode - very dry and bland, and 2) the noise level - it was a bit hard to hear. Other than that, we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great New RestaurantpeachykeenVIPDined on 7/15/2014L'Assiette is truly a wonderful new addition to LA's fine dining scene. Great food with incredible high value (i.e. low cost). Excellent steak and fantastic French Fries. Be aware that they serve you the main course twice so don't fill up on the bread. You initially get a plate of 5 slices of steak and fries and then when you are finished with that, they give you another helping of 5 slices of steak and fries. Excellent morel soup too. The attentive and friendly service just adds to an overall highly pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice Little RestaurantBillDined on 7/10/2014L'assiette Steak Frites, as the name indicates, specializes in Steak Frites. And they do it quite well. The steak was well flavored and very tender. The frites were perhaps the truest "french fries" I have had in the USA - crispy crust and soft center. The room is very nice and the service was very good. The salad, dessert and coffee were also very good. A couple of things to note. It was very quiet when we ate as it was early, but if the restaurant was full, it would potentially be noisy. For non-beef eaters there are other menu choices, so not everyone in the party has to eat beef.Special Features:
- Amazing food, awesome service!MaryHDined on 7/9/2014This restaurant was actually recommended by a waiter at a upscale restaurant in Beverly Hills. As a business traveler I remembered this highly recommend referral. The steak was delicious and so tender with great flavor. The soup was also yummy. Save room for the amazing dessert, we tried them all! Amaretto cake was the favorite at the table. We will be back, thanks for a delicious evening!Special Features:
- Highly recommend!YasmineVIPDined on 7/5/2014Delicious food, generous portions & excellent/friendly service. Will return!Special Features:
- The Best Steak In TownPrestonDined on 6/30/2014THIS PLACE IS INCREDIBLE!!! All they do is steak frites (or salmon or mushrooms for you lesser eaters), so don't come in expecting a big menu (there is no menu). You come in for the incredible Sous Vide steak, the incredible fries, and THE SAUCE OF THE GODS the food comes graced with! I cannot speak highly enough about L'assiette. They have delicious bread and soup too! Jaques the owner is super nice, as is the waitstaff. Believe me, this place is AMAZING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice specialty foodMBMgourmetDined on 6/28/2014Friendly greetings. Good service. Tasty food. A bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014The menu is basically pre-set, so no stressing about what to order. The soup was excellent and worth the trip for that alone. If you are a steak and fries person, this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARVELOUS!TerithefoodieDined on 6/25/2014It's indeed beyond my expectation. I was using my BBE special of $30 dinner as we were served with 3-course dinner w/choice of soup or salad, steak cook to your preferences with fries and choice of dessert. This is the best steak I've had by far, seriously. It's tender juicy even with my med-well preferences which is rare! The services is wonderful and the French owner is very friendly and attentive chatting w/us as well charging us nothing for corkage. He mentioned about his process in preparing their steak. It's 'coulette', the part of beef they use sou-viet/ slow cooking technique to keep beef so tender wow! It's really a bargain w/such of a high quality they offer. Don't miss out the taste! They are doing DineLA in July for only $25!Special Features:
- Excellent service and dinner!PeanutsDined on 6/21/2014Unbelievable steak and fries, delicious soup, great salad, home-made tasting profiteroles.. and they also have a veggie and salmon dinner selection too!Special Features:
- Good Stufffoodie313Dined on 6/17/2014Food was delicious. I went with a group of friends and there were plenty of seats available. The waitress was polite with a cute accent, although I was not able to understand a little what she was saying. It was ok because I knew what I wanted. Food was on point and service was excellent. Thanks! I will be coming back with a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very UniqueMarc1982LAVIPDined on 6/15/2014Awesome find. They have one dish (steak frites) but they absolutely nail it with great meat, fries and a sauce that is balanced and rich. Really fun place with great food and nice people guiding diners along.Special Features:
- My new favorite place!unhappyVIPDined on 6/15/2014The best Steak Frites in the country. And by that I mean the best steak, the best fries and the best sauce. We talked to the owner who was delightful and informative. The steak is prepared "Sous Vide" style and the fries are an eight hour process. While they do offer salmon and portobello mushroom entrees, they specialize in Steak Frites and it is out of this world. And at a set price of $25 including soup or salad, it is the best value in LA.Special Features:
- Great Find!RSP13Dined on 6/15/2014My family and I were looking for a nice place to have dinner with our cousin. Ages 30 to 86 enjoyed the meal equally. Wonderful steak, fish, special soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Steak FritesunhappyVIPDined on 6/8/2014What could be better than a restaurant that specialized in Steak Frites? The best I have ever had. Incredible sauce over perfectly cooked meat. They do have an a few items for not steak eaters - but have the steak. Midway through the meal they actually bring you more sliced steak and more fries! Is this heaven or what? It includes soup or salad - both delicious. If you can't tell, I am so excited about this restaurant that I am going again before I leave town, meaning twice in a one week visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now one of my favorite spots in LAJCinLADined on 6/7/2014I LOVE this place. I had been hearing a lot about L'Assiette so I brought my girlfriend here on a date-- First off, the service is fantastic, waiters are very courteous, and they have a great wine and beer menu (yes on the Chimay Blue). You probably already know the concept, 1 dish: steak frites. They are like the Apple Computers of the food world, they do one thing and do it right. Their steak frites are pure perfection. The steak is tender and extremely flavorful, while the fries are some of the best I've ever had. The clincher is the sauce, it just brings delight to your tastebuds. If you are looking for a great date spot or just to have a fantastic meal then check this place out.Special Features:
- Bistro cozy Great food ReasonableMarianaDined on 5/31/2014Food is worth it. Nothing tastes like you've had before. Great steak, real French fries. House sauce is addictive, you'll end up dipping your fries in sauce. Fresh French bread served with pesto oil. I come back for Sorrel soup, and I'm not a soup person or nice colorful crunchy salad They serve your food in 2 portions so it's nice and warm. You feel like you are getting seconds, which makes it even homier. They know their wines. Ask owner/chef Jacques or his son who is sometimes there. Great way to practice your French. Cheese and dessert not included in Prix fixe but worth trying and still a bargain. The cheese tray has a nice variety which you can pick from, and my favorite dessert is the Amaretto Cake. Don't leave without trying it.Special Features:
- Great for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014They do it and they do it well. Get the steak. The frites are also amazing. Simple menu but you come here for one thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.