452 First Street East, Suite H
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lasalette-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079381927
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from LaSalette Restaurant
Fresh, Inventive Mediterranean and Iberian Cuisine in the heart of the Sonoma Valley Wine Country. Seafood and Portuguese Cuisine are our specialties. We offer a unique variety of fresh local and imported seafood specials daily including whole fish. The seafood selections on our menu are complimented by a variety of meat dishes ranging from the popular Pork Tenderloin stuffed with almonds, olives and figs to the, hard to find, Tripe Porto Style. Many of these dishes come steaming hot out of the wood-burning oven and fill the dining room with the exotic aromas of true Mediterranean cuisine. The menu reflects the commitment of Chef and Owner Manuel Azevedo to creating the unique culinary delights of his native Portugal and its neighbors. LaSalette Restaurant is proudly one of Zagat Surveys top rated restaurants in Sonoma. See our web site for the complete menu and a look inside our dining room, which features an open kitchen and decor that sends you back in time to old Lisbon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LaSalette Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (131)fit for foodies (110)neighborhood gem (84)special occasion (73)romantic (63)great for lunch (51)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (15)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful Dinner5starVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been going to LaSalette for many years. The quality of the food remains consistently high. I love the mussels that are served in a copper dish. My husband loves the cod cakes. Our server is from Portugal, so she suggested the perfect wines to have with our entree. Both the lamb and sea bass were delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant to experience Portuguese hospitality and food.Special Features:
- A Taste of Portugalmonmex2Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful "fisherman's stew" and fresh bread, heirloom tomatoes, service attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Hesitant to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Had recommended La Salette to my family because of food and good service on a previous visit a few weeks ago, so was surprised to be ushered outside where it was hot. My daughter-in-law cannot sit in the sun, but the hostess was quite insistent even though there was a near empty inside dining room. She finally relented but was quite adamant she needed the table by 6 pm. We had a reservation and had arrived at 4:15 pm. Very disappointed in manner we were treated. Hesitant to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaSalette RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service, nice setting. And a couple of extras with a pre-meal drink and a post-meal treat.Special Features:
- Another great mealPanebVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is a goto spot for us whenever we're in Sonoma. Excellent Portuguese dishes, fresh seafood and amazing desserts. Nice outdoor patio available (where we usually eat). The staff is always helpful and pleasant. Nice selection of local wineries as well as wines from Portugal. The day boat scallops were delicious as always, and the stuffed pork loin was really tasty. The homemade ice cream dessert is always a delight and the pudding trio was a big hit.Special Features:
- RobmoralVIPDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch meeting on the outside patio. Service was attentive and non-intrusive so we could casually conduct our business. My guest is a vegetarian and really liked the Gazpacho and the Kale salad with Potato Fingerlings. I enjoyed the traditional Portuguese Caldo Verde soup and Piri Piri Chicken Salad. I would return to this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Well foundGrateful2dineDined on 8/23/2014Friend suggested this restaurant to introduce me to Portuguese food, and I'm grateful. Many characteristics of other Mediterranean but with a its own unique, aquatic twists. Squid lovers rejoice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavors and menuCClineDined on 8/20/2014I am a local and have been meaning to try LS for a few years. Upon the closing of a favorite seafood restaurant in town, we decided to check out LaSalette. The food couldn't have been better. Wonderful flavors and everything was cooked to perfection. My scallops were wonderful, and friends pork was delightful. Both of us were extremely happy with our meals and wine list. The food arrived a touch slow, but to be honest, we preferred it that way, our served was extremely attentive and helpful with explaining the menu to us. So we were pleased to sit back and enjoy the dining experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatszxtyDined on 8/20/2014Best dinner we had the entire time in Sonoma. You must try this it's great.Special Features:
- UnderstaffedR2D2VIPDined on 8/20/2014Had a great deal of difficulty getting service. Very long waits and a hurried, disinterested attitude.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioiusbillbobDined on 8/20/2014Portuguese food treats in Sonoma is a great find and a wonderful treat. 3oz wine options are perfect for a taste in midday, along with the more standard pours and bottles. Food is superbly done.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Had lunch with friends and it was perfect food deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & creative cuisineAdinerDined on 8/16/2014A relaxed and well run restaurant in which to have a unique dinner and to celebrate an occasion or just life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special 1st nightDLAJDined on 8/12/2014For the 5th year in a row LaSalette has been our first dinner reservation after arrival in Sonoma. The food is very very good. Service and facilities above a first tine visitors expectations. Our 6th year will include dinner at LaSalette.Special Features:
- WonderfulHappychapyDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten here for a few years. The food is so good, the Sardines, Collard Greens and the Dessert trio is to die for. The staff are so attentive, they make the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'd better get a reservationlovetoeatDined on 8/9/2014I went to LaSalette on a recommendation from a friend. The place was packed. At first glance of the menu, it seemed there was a lot of seafood of which I am not particularly fond of. However, there is plenty to offer for any food type. I had the Brazilian national dish which is a stew like disk of black beans and meat. Wow, it was awesome. I had never had Portuguese food before and I was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary, and it was perfect. Every dish we had was amazing.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating a birthday and LaSalette was perfect. I have not been to a "Portuguese" restaurant before except in Portugal. I had the Paella and it was perfect. It was a lovely day in Sonoma so outdoor seating was the best. I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!asilvDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I ate here for our 5th anniversary, and we could not be happier with the food. The appetizers were delicious, as was the fisherman's stew. If you want a lighter drink they had a pomegranate sangria that was delicious. Service on the patio was a little slow at times, but it appeared that there was one waitress serving most of the area and we were taking our time on the meal, so we did not mind much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience!PigheadDined on 8/7/2014I needed a dinner place in Sonoma that is different from the usual california, french or italian food. LaSalette's portuguese cuisine turned out to be a great choice. There were 3 of us, and all adventurous diners. My personal favorites of the meal were the fried pigs ears and blood sausages. Sardine fish and clam soup were very good as well. Desserts were presented in trio, so plenty to share and try. If you are visiting Sonoma, this place is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!theDarbsDined on 8/7/2014From the complimentary shot to start our meal to the little sweet treat at the end, everything was just perfect. The smallest little attention to detail is certainly not spared here. I can't wait to return for another bite of the amazing Branzino!Special Features:
- cirereblowVIPDined on 8/6/2014the food was fab. the 2 waitress, 1 waterperson and 1 hostess all kicked in but were outnumbered by the full tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Portoghesi son braviKirklandboyVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had another great experience. Service surpasses the food, and that is not easy to do. Everything was perfect. Loved the kale salad and lamb main courses. Wine list is great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014La Salette is unassuming, charming, located in a perfect spot at the end of a "walking street" with tasty shops along the way. The menu is short, but interesting, with touches of Portugese and Brazilian specialties. The chef is the owner, which shows in the excellent quality of the food. The wine list is limited, but reasonably priced and acceptably broad for the number of choices offered. The service is pleasant, hospitable and attentive. A small and relaxing oasis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in SonomaGowombatDined on 8/2/2014The food is the best and beyond that La Salette has managed to snag and retain the best service staff around. No doubt the training is exceptional. The warm Sonoma evening dining is refreshing. Who goes there? Everyone... date nite, foodies, old friends. It's a place you can go and not be disappointed. Bon AppetitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Portuguese outdoor diningSoldOnSonomaDined on 8/2/2014We had a big linguica fan and she was not disappointed. My feijoada was sensational, and my friends were happy with their lamb, scallop, and sea bass dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robinOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014always excellent .... a touch of Europe here with a great valenciana paella stlye dish and the Brazilian stew.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceTheWinersGalDined on 8/2/2014After my husband and myself found this great little restaurant in Sonoma, we brought our out of town guests to enjoy lunch on the patio outside. The vareity of dishes and great little tapas made for a wonderful dining experience. The little starter shot of heirloom tomato water wasrefreshing, and real treat.Special Features:
- Nice findSteeliegrandeDined on 7/31/2014Pleasantly surprised by this Portuguese the restaurant. Interesting and unique menu with tasty items for all tastes. The staff was lovely and the food likewise.Special Features:
- Fantastic - as expected!WineandfoodDined on 7/28/2014La Salette lived up to its many recommendations that we had heard for it. We sat outside and enjoyed a late dinner on our first night in Sonoma. We didn't know the local wines yet so their 'wine flights' were great - 3 half glasses of white and 3 red was a great start for our Sonoma wine experience. To start we selected 7 of their tapas style apps which were amazing, definitely a must have if you're there. Then we had their special which was a Mediterranean Sea bass served whole - and it was absolutely incredible. Well cooked and seasoned, and tasted so fresh. We finished with a chocolate trio for dessert and a glass of bubbly to celebrate our anniversary - just a perfect start to our holiday in wine country!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!billsVIPDined on 7/27/2014I recently had a business lunch at La Salette's sister restaurant in Healdsburg. I was very impressed with the the service, the food and the ambiance of the restaurant. We decided that our family would try La Salette as a result. We absolutely loved our meal, the service and the location on the square in Downtown Sonoma. I would highly recommend the delicious Portuguese dishes, wines and wonderful service.Special Features:
- LaSalette reviewJim2uDined on 7/26/2014The service was great. The gourmet food was fabulous-which included starters and dessert. My cousin wanted a martini but there is no bar. The ambiance is appealing but the noise level is a little high due to the small enclosed interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transporting...AranellaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We live in Sonoma and dine often at LaSalette. The food is very good and beautifully presented. The staff are welcoming and attentive. The patio is very nice but we always choose inside because it feels like we've been transported to a Portuguese café !Special Features:
- Club1136Dined on 7/24/2014We had a very good meal here. Service was efficient, but not rushed.
- A GemLuv2eatDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant came highly recommended and did not disappoint. The wait staff and atmosphere was warm and friendly. The food was wonderful. Unique flavors. The Brandsini was the best I've had in a very long time. We will definitely be back to try more dishes. Thank you for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Still Crazy GoodKirklandboyVIPDined on 7/22/2014After our recent visit, we reprimanded ourselves for not frequenting La Salette more frequently. The appetizers are authentically Portuguese and the wine list features many lovey Portuguese wines. The service is impeccable. La Salette is worth a diversion. We wont wait so long to return.Special Features:
- mandmDined on 7/18/2014There are a number of fine places to dine in Sonoma, but this is our favorite - even compared to some of the better known places! Do not miss it. And, do not allow your lack of knowledge of "Portuguese Food" to make you hesitant to make a reservation. And, whatever you do - do NOT miss the day boat scallops!Special Features:
- A reliable gem: outstanding4gr8diningDined on 7/17/2014Unique food with Portuguese accents and full flavor; always delicious with excellent gracious service. Seating can be outside on the patio or inside the restaurant, either way the surroundings are pleasant, the waitstaff is attentive and accommodating. We have always enjoyed our choice of food whether it was the National Portuguese Stew, fish, or Pasta with Scallops. We have recommended LaSalette to many people, and have consistently gotten back a positive response.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supergreatdineDined on 7/15/2014one of our (locals) favorite restaurants. Excellent food, wine and service, lovely ambiance inside and outside. So grateful we have you here!Special Features:
- Interesting tastingsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2014Great, mixed small plates. Enjoyed the feijoda. Nice outdoor setting.Special Features: