452 First Street East, Suite H
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lasalette-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079381927
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from LaSalette Restaurant
Fresh, Inventive Mediterranean and Iberian Cuisine in the heart of the Sonoma Valley Wine Country. Seafood and Portuguese Cuisine are our specialties. We offer a unique variety of fresh local and imported seafood specials daily including whole fish. The seafood selections on our menu are complimented by a variety of meat dishes ranging from the popular Pork Tenderloin stuffed with almonds, olives and figs to the, hard to find, Tripe Porto Style. Many of these dishes come steaming hot out of the wood-burning oven and fill the dining room with the exotic aromas of true Mediterranean cuisine. The menu reflects the commitment of Chef and Owner Manuel Azevedo to creating the unique culinary delights of his native Portugal and its neighbors. LaSalette Restaurant is proudly one of Zagat Surveys top rated restaurants in Sonoma. See our web site for the complete menu and a look inside our dining room, which features an open kitchen and decor that sends you back in time to old Lisbon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
LaSalette Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
LaSalette Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (136)fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (94)special occasion (68)romantic (59)great for lunch (57)notable wine list (41)good for groups (15)great for brunch (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2014I have such mixed feelings about this place and I really want to like it more. It is good but I just don't care for the tasting menu as they are just too strange and the tastes a bit far out i.e., sardine pate' although the presentation of the tasting menu is lovely. I did enjoy the scallop dish and the beets salad was quite nice. I think if they would "add" some more normal tasting choices to the tasting menu for those of us that are not Porteguese that might help.Special Features:
- Great Portuguese Restaurant!MarcoDined on 10/24/2014Great food, service, and ambiance. Portuguese restaurants are hard to find! This is worth a trip to Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Portuguese GemDeliciousandNutritiousVIPDined on 10/23/2014This is a lovely restaurant tucked back at the end of a row of shops (but right next to parking) with a delicious menu. There's always fresh fish and a wide variety of Portuguese specialities. The dining room is so inviting with large windows and candlelit tables. The outdoor area is great for lunch as well as dinners on warm evenings. The dishes are so well prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/21/2014Recommended but Not what we were expecting but okay!
- Small PortionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014We all four enjoyed the restaurant, but my (main entree) portion of Fisherman's Stew was so slight that it left me wanting. I'm not a huge eater, but that was more like a $25 appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNVdinerVIPDined on 10/21/2014Fetticinni with clams and the fisher mans stew were both different, interesting and delicious. The Portugeese influence made our dishes pop! We Will go back!Special Features:
- Looking for something unique?JudyChicaDined on 10/21/2014Porteqese wine is all the rage, but the cuisine isn't that well known, so step out of your norm and try this delicious experience! We had a bunch of small plates which included Bocaronnes, baby octopus, house pulled cheese, linguista with warm cheese and olives - and a crab & bacon sand which in pita, all scrumptious and not what I thought at all. Lovely place with a very pleasant patio tucked of the square in Sonoma, but still felt like we were in a happening little spot.Special Features:
- Great Meal as UsualLaHabraCookieVIPDined on 10/20/2014We have never been disappointed eating here. We come each time we are in Sonoma.Special Features:
- SurferVIPDined on 10/17/2014Excellent! Best food in sonoma!! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thesupperthesupperDined on 10/15/2014This is a great restaurant. The food is to die for and authentic Portuguese. The appetizers, salad and fisherman's stew was outstanding. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves to eat and enjoys ethnicity.Special Features:
- Great lunch at LaSaletteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Great experience at LaSalette. The food was great; creative and delicious. I like how "national dishes" are a big part of the eating experience, and "main stream" dishes compliment the menu so there are food choices for everyone. The restaurant has the feel of a fancy eating establishment, while still being casual and laid back. I would recommend this restaurant to others. I will be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- evening mealmikeozDined on 10/12/2014Very enjoyable evening meal. Food excellent, staff efficient, good atmosphere. I would recommend this, but book to be sure of the time and table you wantSpecial Features:
- Interesting OptionsWorkerbeeDined on 10/11/2014Once we were seated the service was good but rather slow. It was a Saturday afternoon about 1:30 so perhaps still in the middle of the lunch rush. The food made up for the dicey first impression (see below). The food was fresh and inventive. I would definitely return but during a slower time of day. Our initial impression, which started with the hostess greeting, put us off. We arrived 4 minutes early for our reservation and were told we were 'early' so should wait at the bar. That was after we had already waited a few minutes without even being acknowledged or told that someone would be with us shortly. As we waited I counted at least 7 open tables. It wasn't so much about the wait but how the seating was handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've Been to PortugalkayteedeeDined on 10/11/2014I spent 12 days driving around Portugal a few years ago, visiting most of the different regions, and had the most amazing food experiences. Everything was so fresh, simple and delicious. When I saw that LaSalette was a Portuguese restaurant specializing in using Portuguese ingredients as well as local, I thought - what could go wrong? The answer at LaSalette, unfortunately, is just about everything. From the overworked hostess who barely greeted us, to the rationed bread and gluey paella with rubbery chicken and the world's tiniest mussels. As for the piri piri fries - they were a disgrace to this national spice. Save your money and buy a plane ticket to Lisbon.
- Portuguese fare in SonomaDoclindaDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant was very busy and crowded on a Friday evening. Waitstaff seemed rushed off their feet although they were able to keep up. My husband did not enjoy his food as much as he had at other restaurants we had eaten at in the area (sardine appetizer and Portuguese fish stew) although he had high hopes. The dessert we shared was very good. There are so many choices in Sonoma County for wonderful food; this one was in the middle but not at the top in our experience.Special Features:
- Unique MenuLuvwineDined on 10/9/2014Both food & service were excellent. This is a must visit restaurant to experience high quality, well prepared Portuguese food, served by a friendly, professional staff. We have been dining here at least once, sometimes twice, every year when we visit the Napa Valley. Your staff does a great job! Both food and service have been consistently, excellent for the many years we have been visiting. We have brought many friends who have enjoyed their dining experience. We have recommended your restaurant to many friends who have visited and provided positive feedback. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Great food, great service. Our waiter Bryan was very attentive and helpful and nice. Food was cooked to perfection and presented wonderfully. Prices were ok, a bit pricey but great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Friday night in OctoberNormingVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and experience. Fairly priced. we loved the sampler Tapas style starter.
- Excellent in every way!pinotguyDined on 10/3/2014The foods are prepared in a different style than most restaurants (they call it new Portuguese cuisine). The freshest ingredients are used and their flavors are highlighted, not muted. Service was very good and dining outside was fairly quiet. It's one of the top restaurants in Sonoma County.Special Features:
- What a nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014What a nice surprise. I've never been to a Portuguese restaurant. We were entertaining someone who used to live in Portugal who wanted to eat in Sonoma. Our meal was quite good and we enjoyed eating outside on a warm Indian Summer's eve. We spent at least 3 hours and really enjoyed ourselves. The couple we dined with are wine brokers and we found wine up to their standards. I'm not a seafood fan so I found the pork tenderloin which was very enjoyable. All and all, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wethreeDined on 10/2/2014Perfect place to introduce family and special friends to a delightful lunch or dinner. Indoor and outdoor (weather permitting) very pleasant with wonderfully attentive service. Suggest trying my favorite dish, the scallops, yet, all entrees are very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid outside dinnerGBearVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very good food and excellent food throughout our meal. Wait service was ok but not stellar and not up to the price level here. Still, I would go again as that can happen on any busy night. The Fisherman's Stew was excellent and well presented in particular.Special Features:
- Great dining in SonomalmttDined on 9/27/2014Food was delicious--original choices. Great appetizers. The food server was outstanding!!Special Features:
- favorite restaurrantnitadixDined on 9/27/2014This is a lovely restaurant. The food is delicious, the decor very congenial, the staff friendly and you cannot beat the location. I recommend it to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at good pricesKrisScoDined on 9/26/2014While we had to wait awhile for a table (despite having reservations), once seated the rest of the dining experience was really great. Food was very good, service was very good, and the price for the meal was much better than we had experienced in other Sonoma restaurants.Special Features:
- Unique exciting menuSelli5VIPDined on 9/26/2014My first True Portuguese meal and it did not disappoint. Outstanding Heirloom salad starter and delicious Pork Loin for main course. Don't miss the Chocolate fetish for dessert. We will be back. Service was overall very good although it did get busy and we didn't see the waiter as much. Still a very good experience.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Nice people. Busy spot. Anyone would love the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and attentative. Wonderful experience all around!Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014good food but overpriced. I had a fish dish which consisted of a whole sea bass that was rather small. it had good flavor but really no real veggies included with the dish for $33.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HikerhikerDined on 9/23/2014Lovely restaurant with a great menu and the food is delicious. Some "different" offerings on the menu. Ambiance is charming and service excellent. Went there with 6 other ladies for lunch and everyone agreed it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelllentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Nice, casual place with great food and service. Outdoor seating is nice on nice weather days (most).Special Features:
- A find in SonomaGauchoDined on 9/21/2014So excited to find a restaurant serving Portuguese fare and of excellent quality. A wonderful change from all the usual French, Italian, California, etc. cuisine available everywhere. Will definitely recommend it to anyone heading to Sonoma.Special Features:
- LaSalette is OutstandingDonatosDined on 9/20/2014We greatly enjoyed our dinner at this excellent restaurant. Amazing soup, crisp tasty Kale salad, wonderful ambiance, great wine flights...We are very glad we went.Special Features:
- DisappointingdaijonesVIPDined on 9/20/2014Table not ready despite opentable reservation so had to wait by the bar to look at wine menu which was quite poor especially considering this is the heart of CA wine country but we lucked out and found something new that was reasonable. Staff weren't particularly friendly and service was slow. Food wasn't up to much, scallops looked nice for appetizer but way over salted, nice warm bread, salad was OK and mains of sea bass and scallops again with pasta were disappointingly bland. So all in not up to much despite all the great reviews from others, we won't be going back there unless they make some big changes.
- nitadixDined on 9/20/2014The food is always delicious and the quantities perfect. It is a lovely setting and is one of the few restaurants that doen't have blasting music, so you can converse easily with your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!cometVIPDined on 9/17/2014First time dining upon a friend's recommendation. Was delighted with the menu, the variety and the flavors. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. We sat on the patio in order to accommodate our dog and they brought a bowl of water for him. There are small plates to share, ample first courses that was actually my entree. The flavors from the wood burning oven are terrific. The little tastes - we chose three to share (fried goat cheese, ham and baby octopus) the lamb, the Fisherman's stew, the scallops, heirloom tomato salad, everything was fabulous! We know we will be coming back - can't wait!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food above average and unique. Servers were grossly understaffed.Special Features:
- Excellent and exciting choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Fabulous selection of exciting foods choices. The varied selections of foods was fun to try. I had a sampler of 5 differtent, food like Tripe, Snail, blood pudding, octopus, etc. The individual taste of each, and perfectly prepared and presented was a treat. I can n ot wait to go back and try others. My friends were less adventurous, but their measl were outstanding, like a whole cooked fish, scallops dinner, etc. ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This was only my second time visiting LaSalette after having an absolutely wonderful lunch with a friend who lives in Sonoma and he visits every week. This time both my guest and I ordered the crab pita picket sandwich, not as I had hoped it would be - we both didn't care for. I would still go back but order someting different this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbDelightedDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food! We followed recommendations by Jeff Cox but added the Grilled Monterey Sardines and each had a flight of the Portuguese wines, one white, one red. We sat outside but as the noon hour came and we enterez afternoon heat, I wish we had sat inside. The heat took its toll on the Chocolate Fetish. Overall a wonderful dining experience. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.