452 First Street East, Suite H
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lasalette-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079381927
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from LaSalette Restaurant
Fresh, Inventive Mediterranean and Iberian Cuisine in the heart of the Sonoma Valley Wine Country. Seafood and Portuguese Cuisine are our specialties. We offer a unique variety of fresh local and imported seafood specials daily including whole fish. The seafood selections on our menu are complimented by a variety of meat dishes ranging from the popular Pork Tenderloin stuffed with almonds, olives and figs to the, hard to find, Tripe Porto Style. Many of these dishes come steaming hot out of the wood-burning oven and fill the dining room with the exotic aromas of true Mediterranean cuisine. The menu reflects the commitment of Chef and Owner Manuel Azevedo to creating the unique culinary delights of his native Portugal and its neighbors. LaSalette Restaurant is proudly one of Zagat Surveys top rated restaurants in Sonoma. See our web site for the complete menu and a look inside our dining room, which features an open kitchen and decor that sends you back in time to old Lisbon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
LaSalette Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sonoma ›
LaSalette Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (129)fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (66)romantic (56)great for lunch (55)notable wine list (37)good for groups (15)hot spot (9)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- SurferVIPDined on 10/17/2014Excellent! Best food in sonoma!! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thesupperthesupperDined on 10/15/2014This is a great restaurant. The food is to die for and authentic Portuguese. The appetizers, salad and fisherman's stew was outstanding. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves to eat and enjoys ethnicity.Special Features:
- Great lunch at LaSaletteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Great experience at LaSalette. The food was great; creative and delicious. I like how "national dishes" are a big part of the eating experience, and "main stream" dishes compliment the menu so there are food choices for everyone. The restaurant has the feel of a fancy eating establishment, while still being casual and laid back. I would recommend this restaurant to others. I will be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- evening mealmikeozDined on 10/12/2014Very enjoyable evening meal. Food excellent, staff efficient, good atmosphere. I would recommend this, but book to be sure of the time and table you wantSpecial Features:
- Interesting OptionsWorkerbeeDined on 10/11/2014Once we were seated the service was good but rather slow. It was a Saturday afternoon about 1:30 so perhaps still in the middle of the lunch rush. The food made up for the dicey first impression (see below). The food was fresh and inventive. I would definitely return but during a slower time of day. Our initial impression, which started with the hostess greeting, put us off. We arrived 4 minutes early for our reservation and were told we were 'early' so should wait at the bar. That was after we had already waited a few minutes without even being acknowledged or told that someone would be with us shortly. As we waited I counted at least 7 open tables. It wasn't so much about the wait but how the seating was handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've Been to PortugalkayteedeeDined on 10/11/2014I spent 12 days driving around Portugal a few years ago, visiting most of the different regions, and had the most amazing food experiences. Everything was so fresh, simple and delicious. When I saw that LaSalette was a Portuguese restaurant specializing in using Portuguese ingredients as well as local, I thought - what could go wrong? The answer at LaSalette, unfortunately, is just about everything. From the overworked hostess who barely greeted us, to the rationed bread and gluey paella with rubbery chicken and the world's tiniest mussels. As for the piri piri fries - they were a disgrace to this national spice. Save your money and buy a plane ticket to Lisbon.
- Portuguese fare in SonomaDoclindaDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant was very busy and crowded on a Friday evening. Waitstaff seemed rushed off their feet although they were able to keep up. My husband did not enjoy his food as much as he had at other restaurants we had eaten at in the area (sardine appetizer and Portuguese fish stew) although he had high hopes. The dessert we shared was very good. There are so many choices in Sonoma County for wonderful food; this one was in the middle but not at the top in our experience.Special Features:
- Unique MenuLuvwineDined on 10/9/2014Both food & service were excellent. This is a must visit restaurant to experience high quality, well prepared Portuguese food, served by a friendly, professional staff. We have been dining here at least once, sometimes twice, every year when we visit the Napa Valley. Your staff does a great job! Both food and service have been consistently, excellent for the many years we have been visiting. We have brought many friends who have enjoyed their dining experience. We have recommended your restaurant to many friends who have visited and provided positive feedback. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Great food, great service. Our waiter Bryan was very attentive and helpful and nice. Food was cooked to perfection and presented wonderfully. Prices were ok, a bit pricey but great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Friday night in OctoberNormingVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and experience. Fairly priced. we loved the sampler Tapas style starter.
- Excellent in every way!pinotguyDined on 10/3/2014The foods are prepared in a different style than most restaurants (they call it new Portuguese cuisine). The freshest ingredients are used and their flavors are highlighted, not muted. Service was very good and dining outside was fairly quiet. It's one of the top restaurants in Sonoma County.Special Features:
- What a nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2014What a nice surprise. I've never been to a Portuguese restaurant. We were entertaining someone who used to live in Portugal who wanted to eat in Sonoma. Our meal was quite good and we enjoyed eating outside on a warm Indian Summer's eve. We spent at least 3 hours and really enjoyed ourselves. The couple we dined with are wine brokers and we found wine up to their standards. I'm not a seafood fan so I found the pork tenderloin which was very enjoyable. All and all, a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wethreeDined on 10/2/2014Perfect place to introduce family and special friends to a delightful lunch or dinner. Indoor and outdoor (weather permitting) very pleasant with wonderfully attentive service. Suggest trying my favorite dish, the scallops, yet, all entrees are very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid outside dinnerGBearVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very good food and excellent food throughout our meal. Wait service was ok but not stellar and not up to the price level here. Still, I would go again as that can happen on any busy night. The Fisherman's Stew was excellent and well presented in particular.Special Features:
- Great dining in SonomalmttDined on 9/27/2014Food was delicious--original choices. Great appetizers. The food server was outstanding!!Special Features:
- favorite restaurrantnitadixDined on 9/27/2014This is a lovely restaurant. The food is delicious, the decor very congenial, the staff friendly and you cannot beat the location. I recommend it to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at good pricesKrisScoDined on 9/26/2014While we had to wait awhile for a table (despite having reservations), once seated the rest of the dining experience was really great. Food was very good, service was very good, and the price for the meal was much better than we had experienced in other Sonoma restaurants.Special Features:
- Unique exciting menuSelli5VIPDined on 9/26/2014My first True Portuguese meal and it did not disappoint. Outstanding Heirloom salad starter and delicious Pork Loin for main course. Don't miss the Chocolate fetish for dessert. We will be back. Service was overall very good although it did get busy and we didn't see the waiter as much. Still a very good experience.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Nice people. Busy spot. Anyone would love the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and attentative. Wonderful experience all around!Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014good food but overpriced. I had a fish dish which consisted of a whole sea bass that was rather small. it had good flavor but really no real veggies included with the dish for $33.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HikerhikerDined on 9/23/2014Lovely restaurant with a great menu and the food is delicious. Some "different" offerings on the menu. Ambiance is charming and service excellent. Went there with 6 other ladies for lunch and everyone agreed it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelllentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Nice, casual place with great food and service. Outdoor seating is nice on nice weather days (most).Special Features:
- A find in SonomaGauchoDined on 9/21/2014So excited to find a restaurant serving Portuguese fare and of excellent quality. A wonderful change from all the usual French, Italian, California, etc. cuisine available everywhere. Will definitely recommend it to anyone heading to Sonoma.Special Features:
- LaSalette is OutstandingDonatosDined on 9/20/2014We greatly enjoyed our dinner at this excellent restaurant. Amazing soup, crisp tasty Kale salad, wonderful ambiance, great wine flights...We are very glad we went.Special Features:
- DisappointingdaijonesVIPDined on 9/20/2014Table not ready despite opentable reservation so had to wait by the bar to look at wine menu which was quite poor especially considering this is the heart of CA wine country but we lucked out and found something new that was reasonable. Staff weren't particularly friendly and service was slow. Food wasn't up to much, scallops looked nice for appetizer but way over salted, nice warm bread, salad was OK and mains of sea bass and scallops again with pasta were disappointingly bland. So all in not up to much despite all the great reviews from others, we won't be going back there unless they make some big changes.
- nitadixDined on 9/20/2014The food is always delicious and the quantities perfect. It is a lovely setting and is one of the few restaurants that doen't have blasting music, so you can converse easily with your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!cometVIPDined on 9/17/2014First time dining upon a friend's recommendation. Was delighted with the menu, the variety and the flavors. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. We sat on the patio in order to accommodate our dog and they brought a bowl of water for him. There are small plates to share, ample first courses that was actually my entree. The flavors from the wood burning oven are terrific. The little tastes - we chose three to share (fried goat cheese, ham and baby octopus) the lamb, the Fisherman's stew, the scallops, heirloom tomato salad, everything was fabulous! We know we will be coming back - can't wait!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food above average and unique. Servers were grossly understaffed.Special Features:
- Excellent and exciting choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Fabulous selection of exciting foods choices. The varied selections of foods was fun to try. I had a sampler of 5 differtent, food like Tripe, Snail, blood pudding, octopus, etc. The individual taste of each, and perfectly prepared and presented was a treat. I can n ot wait to go back and try others. My friends were less adventurous, but their measl were outstanding, like a whole cooked fish, scallops dinner, etc. ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This was only my second time visiting LaSalette after having an absolutely wonderful lunch with a friend who lives in Sonoma and he visits every week. This time both my guest and I ordered the crab pita picket sandwich, not as I had hoped it would be - we both didn't care for. I would still go back but order someting different this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbDelightedDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food! We followed recommendations by Jeff Cox but added the Grilled Monterey Sardines and each had a flight of the Portuguese wines, one white, one red. We sat outside but as the noon hour came and we enterez afternoon heat, I wish we had sat inside. The heat took its toll on the Chocolate Fetish. Overall a wonderful dining experience. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueDickVIPDined on 9/8/2014The tongue appetizer was delicious and differently cooked than I've had before. The lamb was perfectly cooked and tasty. But the Feijoada was overcooked and dry. (Feijoada is somewhat similar to Cassoulet). Overall, all four of us like the restaurant we we'll be back.
- Portuguese GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Highly rated by Jeff Cox of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. We sat outside, but there's a lovely inside dining room. Loved the Caldo Verde soup, and the Pasta with scallops. Portuguese Fisherman's Stew is also wonderful. Excellent wine list, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Enjoyed dinner! So many great restaurants in wine country but this one will be on our list for every tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Sonoma's best!JackieDined on 9/4/2014This is one of our most favorite restaurants in Sonoma, a town full of good ones. The food is Portugese and delicious, service friendly and efficient, outside patio perfect for summer dining - in general really a great place to eat, lunch or dinner. You can choose from a full entree or many excellent tapas instead for a real taste of what LaSalette has to offer.Special Features:
- Great Portgugese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014Changed a reservation for two to eight on a few hours notice, when our wine tour group decided to join us. They accommodated the whole group outside. We had a great time sharing authentic Portguegese and Brazilian dishes and local wines. Great evening, interesting foods and good service in a nice, outdoor ambiance. Inside is small but looks very nice. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Not impressedfoodfoodfoodDined on 9/1/2014I'm admittedly spoiled by the vibrant Chicago food scene so my opinion is slightly skewed. We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of the Fairmont (where we were staying) and I was excited about dining here after reading reviews on here. Ambiance: the outside sitting area was pleasant but not a great patio like Girl and the fig which is down the street. It felt like we were dining in an outdoor mall. Food: my pork dish was especially salty and tasted like a bottle of worcestershire sauce. Not impressed at all, hence the subject title. Overall, experience was a 6 out of 10... sad face. :-\Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerjacobDined on 8/31/2014I had a nice time eating at this restaurant and the food was very authentic food. I had a great appetizer with 5 different items on it. It was the tasting menu. I had the traditional meat stew for dinner and it was very tasty as well. It was a little crowded and the tables are a little close to the other eaters, but all in all, a fun place and the location was perfect in that you could walk around the Sonoma area afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice stop in SonomaklmurrayDined on 8/30/2014We went to Sonoma and decided to give LaSalette a try. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.