452 First Street East, Suite H
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lasalette-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079381927
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from LaSalette Restaurant
Fresh, Inventive Mediterranean and Iberian Cuisine in the heart of the Sonoma Valley Wine Country. Seafood and Portuguese Cuisine are our specialties. We offer a unique variety of fresh local and imported seafood specials daily including whole fish. The seafood selections on our menu are complimented by a variety of meat dishes ranging from the popular Pork Tenderloin stuffed with almonds, olives and figs to the, hard to find, Tripe Porto Style. Many of these dishes come steaming hot out of the wood-burning oven and fill the dining room with the exotic aromas of true Mediterranean cuisine. The menu reflects the commitment of Chef and Owner Manuel Azevedo to creating the unique culinary delights of his native Portugal and its neighbors. LaSalette Restaurant is proudly one of Zagat Surveys top rated restaurants in Sonoma. See our web site for the complete menu and a look inside our dining room, which features an open kitchen and decor that sends you back in time to old Lisbon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LaSalette Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (139)fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (92)special occasion (71)romantic (60)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (40)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Fabulous!cometVIPDined on 9/17/2014First time dining upon a friend's recommendation. Was delighted with the menu, the variety and the flavors. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. We sat on the patio in order to accommodate our dog and they brought a bowl of water for him. There are small plates to share, ample first courses that was actually my entree. The flavors from the wood burning oven are terrific. The little tastes - we chose three to share (fried goat cheese, ham and baby octopus) the lamb, the Fisherman's stew, the scallops, heirloom tomato salad, everything was fabulous! We know we will be coming back - can't wait!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food above average and unique. Servers were grossly understaffed.Special Features:
- Excellent and exciting choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Fabulous selection of exciting foods choices. The varied selections of foods was fun to try. I had a sampler of 5 differtent, food like Tripe, Snail, blood pudding, octopus, etc. The individual taste of each, and perfectly prepared and presented was a treat. I can n ot wait to go back and try others. My friends were less adventurous, but their measl were outstanding, like a whole cooked fish, scallops dinner, etc. ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This was only my second time visiting LaSalette after having an absolutely wonderful lunch with a friend who lives in Sonoma and he visits every week. This time both my guest and I ordered the crab pita picket sandwich, not as I had hoped it would be - we both didn't care for. I would still go back but order someting different this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbDelightedDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food! We followed recommendations by Jeff Cox but added the Grilled Monterey Sardines and each had a flight of the Portuguese wines, one white, one red. We sat outside but as the noon hour came and we enterez afternoon heat, I wish we had sat inside. The heat took its toll on the Chocolate Fetish. Overall a wonderful dining experience. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueDickVIPDined on 9/8/2014The tongue appetizer was delicious and differently cooked than I've had before. The lamb was perfectly cooked and tasty. But the Feijoada was overcooked and dry. (Feijoada is somewhat similar to Cassoulet). Overall, all four of us like the restaurant we we'll be back.
- Portuguese GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Highly rated by Jeff Cox of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. We sat outside, but there's a lovely inside dining room. Loved the Caldo Verde soup, and the Pasta with scallops. Portuguese Fisherman's Stew is also wonderful. Excellent wine list, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Enjoyed dinner! So many great restaurants in wine country but this one will be on our list for every tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Sonoma's best!JackieDined on 9/4/2014This is one of our most favorite restaurants in Sonoma, a town full of good ones. The food is Portugese and delicious, service friendly and efficient, outside patio perfect for summer dining - in general really a great place to eat, lunch or dinner. You can choose from a full entree or many excellent tapas instead for a real taste of what LaSalette has to offer.Special Features:
- Great Portgugese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014Changed a reservation for two to eight on a few hours notice, when our wine tour group decided to join us. They accommodated the whole group outside. We had a great time sharing authentic Portguegese and Brazilian dishes and local wines. Great evening, interesting foods and good service in a nice, outdoor ambiance. Inside is small but looks very nice. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Not impressedfoodfoodfoodDined on 9/1/2014I'm admittedly spoiled by the vibrant Chicago food scene so my opinion is slightly skewed. We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of the Fairmont (where we were staying) and I was excited about dining here after reading reviews on here. Ambiance: the outside sitting area was pleasant but not a great patio like Girl and the fig which is down the street. It felt like we were dining in an outdoor mall. Food: my pork dish was especially salty and tasted like a bottle of worcestershire sauce. Not impressed at all, hence the subject title. Overall, experience was a 6 out of 10... sad face. :-\Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerjacobDined on 8/31/2014I had a nice time eating at this restaurant and the food was very authentic food. I had a great appetizer with 5 different items on it. It was the tasting menu. I had the traditional meat stew for dinner and it was very tasty as well. It was a little crowded and the tables are a little close to the other eaters, but all in all, a fun place and the location was perfect in that you could walk around the Sonoma area afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice stop in SonomaklmurrayDined on 8/30/2014We went to Sonoma and decided to give LaSalette a try. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner5starVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been going to LaSalette for many years. The quality of the food remains consistently high. I love the mussels that are served in a copper dish. My husband loves the cod cakes. Our server is from Portugal, so she suggested the perfect wines to have with our entree. Both the lamb and sea bass were delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant to experience Portuguese hospitality and food.Special Features:
- A Taste of Portugalmonmex2Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful "fisherman's stew" and fresh bread, heirloom tomatoes, service attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Hesitant to returnPiquantDinerDined on 8/30/2014Had recommended La Salette to my family because of food and good service on a previous visit a few weeks ago, so was surprised to be ushered outside where it was hot. My daughter-in-law cannot sit in the sun, but the hostess was quite insistent even though there was a near empty inside dining room. She finally relented but was quite adamant she needed the table by 6 pm. We had a reservation and had arrived at 4:15 pm. Very disappointed in manner we were treated. Hesitant to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaSalette RestaurantChevyDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great service, nice setting. And a couple of extras with a pre-meal drink and a post-meal treat.Special Features:
- Great food!DeliciousVIPDined on 8/29/2014I love it here. Have eaten at both this Sonoma location and the Healdsburg location and received fantastic meals each time. The food is so different from the usual fare and just delicious. Don't need to say much else. Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- Another great mealPanebVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is a goto spot for us whenever we're in Sonoma. Excellent Portuguese dishes, fresh seafood and amazing desserts. Nice outdoor patio available (where we usually eat). The staff is always helpful and pleasant. Nice selection of local wineries as well as wines from Portugal. The day boat scallops were delicious as always, and the stuffed pork loin was really tasty. The homemade ice cream dessert is always a delight and the pudding trio was a big hit.Special Features:
- RobmoralVIPDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch meeting on the outside patio. Service was attentive and non-intrusive so we could casually conduct our business. My guest is a vegetarian and really liked the Gazpacho and the Kale salad with Potato Fingerlings. I enjoyed the traditional Portuguese Caldo Verde soup and Piri Piri Chicken Salad. I would return to this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Well foundGrateful2dineDined on 8/23/2014Friend suggested this restaurant to introduce me to Portuguese food, and I'm grateful. Many characteristics of other Mediterranean but with a its own unique, aquatic twists. Squid lovers rejoice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavors and menuCClineDined on 8/20/2014I am a local and have been meaning to try LS for a few years. Upon the closing of a favorite seafood restaurant in town, we decided to check out LaSalette. The food couldn't have been better. Wonderful flavors and everything was cooked to perfection. My scallops were wonderful, and friends pork was delightful. Both of us were extremely happy with our meals and wine list. The food arrived a touch slow, but to be honest, we preferred it that way, our served was extremely attentive and helpful with explaining the menu to us. So we were pleased to sit back and enjoy the dining experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatszxtyDined on 8/20/2014Best dinner we had the entire time in Sonoma. You must try this it's great.Special Features:
- UnderstaffedR2D2VIPDined on 8/20/2014Had a great deal of difficulty getting service. Very long waits and a hurried, disinterested attitude.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioiusbillbobDined on 8/20/2014Portuguese food treats in Sonoma is a great find and a wonderful treat. 3oz wine options are perfect for a taste in midday, along with the more standard pours and bottles. Food is superbly done.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Had lunch with friends and it was perfect food deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & creative cuisineAdinerDined on 8/16/2014A relaxed and well run restaurant in which to have a unique dinner and to celebrate an occasion or just life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special 1st nightDLAJDined on 8/12/2014For the 5th year in a row LaSalette has been our first dinner reservation after arrival in Sonoma. The food is very very good. Service and facilities above a first tine visitors expectations. Our 6th year will include dinner at LaSalette.Special Features:
- WonderfulHappychapyDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten here for a few years. The food is so good, the Sardines, Collard Greens and the Dessert trio is to die for. The staff are so attentive, they make the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'd better get a reservationlovetoeatDined on 8/9/2014I went to LaSalette on a recommendation from a friend. The place was packed. At first glance of the menu, it seemed there was a lot of seafood of which I am not particularly fond of. However, there is plenty to offer for any food type. I had the Brazilian national dish which is a stew like disk of black beans and meat. Wow, it was awesome. I had never had Portuguese food before and I was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary, and it was perfect. Every dish we had was amazing.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating a birthday and LaSalette was perfect. I have not been to a "Portuguese" restaurant before except in Portugal. I had the Paella and it was perfect. It was a lovely day in Sonoma so outdoor seating was the best. I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!asilvDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I ate here for our 5th anniversary, and we could not be happier with the food. The appetizers were delicious, as was the fisherman's stew. If you want a lighter drink they had a pomegranate sangria that was delicious. Service on the patio was a little slow at times, but it appeared that there was one waitress serving most of the area and we were taking our time on the meal, so we did not mind much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience!PigheadDined on 8/7/2014I needed a dinner place in Sonoma that is different from the usual california, french or italian food. LaSalette's portuguese cuisine turned out to be a great choice. There were 3 of us, and all adventurous diners. My personal favorites of the meal were the fried pigs ears and blood sausages. Sardine fish and clam soup were very good as well. Desserts were presented in trio, so plenty to share and try. If you are visiting Sonoma, this place is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!theDarbsDined on 8/7/2014From the complimentary shot to start our meal to the little sweet treat at the end, everything was just perfect. The smallest little attention to detail is certainly not spared here. I can't wait to return for another bite of the amazing Branzino!Special Features:
- cirereblowVIPDined on 8/6/2014the food was fab. the 2 waitress, 1 waterperson and 1 hostess all kicked in but were outnumbered by the full tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Portoghesi son braviKirklandboyVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had another great experience. Service surpasses the food, and that is not easy to do. Everything was perfect. Loved the kale salad and lamb main courses. Wine list is great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014La Salette is unassuming, charming, located in a perfect spot at the end of a "walking street" with tasty shops along the way. The menu is short, but interesting, with touches of Portugese and Brazilian specialties. The chef is the owner, which shows in the excellent quality of the food. The wine list is limited, but reasonably priced and acceptably broad for the number of choices offered. The service is pleasant, hospitable and attentive. A small and relaxing oasis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in SonomaGowombatDined on 8/2/2014The food is the best and beyond that La Salette has managed to snag and retain the best service staff around. No doubt the training is exceptional. The warm Sonoma evening dining is refreshing. Who goes there? Everyone... date nite, foodies, old friends. It's a place you can go and not be disappointed. Bon AppetitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Portuguese outdoor diningSoldOnSonomaDined on 8/2/2014We had a big linguica fan and she was not disappointed. My feijoada was sensational, and my friends were happy with their lamb, scallop, and sea bass dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.