941 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lasagnarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2123085353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Firday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Caprioni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Weekend Brunch all you can drink: Mimosa, Bellini, Screwdriver or Bloody Mary
A word from Lasagna Restaurant
Our first location opened in 1993. Soon after opening we earned a solid reputation for our great food and great service, always at a great price! We take pride in our management and friendly staff. Our homemade delicious food includes our specialty of 17 different lasagnas baked to order, veal, chicken, fish dishes and pastas of many nations. We also have a full service of wine, beer and liquor bar for our customers to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lasagna Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- annetteDined on 8/1/2014VERY GOOD QUALITY AND VERY REASONABLE. PASTA WAS DELICIOUS.Special Features:
- Great Food and very accommodatingChicagoSteveDined on 7/17/2014I brought a group of coworkers here for a hastily arranged group dinner while in New York. I had walked by the previous evening and noticed the menu, which has a great range of italian dishes and reasonable prices. Lasagna did not disappoint. They were very accommodating in getting enough space for us at a reasonable time, the guests all found several items on the menu which they liked, and the service was attentive and friendly. Because it was summer the windows were open, which helped make the climate nice inside, but allowed the bustling street noise to dominate the room - so not necessarily the quietest place but that was completely understandable and we were fine with it. The food was great! Lasagna exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- Ordinary!veffVIPDined on 7/17/2014In a city where food is supreme, this is not the place to eat! Lasagna's meals were very ordinary, not well presented, and some things were served cold!! There is nothing I could recommend from a group of 6 main dishes and appetizers. The Caesar salad was just a few bites, so can't even tell you about the taste. The fish filet dish and the veal dish tasted the same (although they were different preps). Guess the lasagna goes into the micro before it comes to the table (but one lasagna dish did not get nuked, it was cold). Wait staff were not attentive - water glasses weren't filled, we couldn't get more bread, didn't get to order a second glass of wine, etc.Special Features:
- AVOID At All Costs! Expired Food!!!BadLasagnaDined on 5/16/2014I grew up in NYC. I've been to many restaurants in each of the 5 boroughs. When I wanted a taste of lasagna, what better place than a place called "The Lasagna Restaurant"? What a flop! I and my wife ordered the meat lasagna with extra ricotta in her lasagna. I could not taste ANY ricotta in my dish. When a restaurant is named "Lasagna Restaurant", then the last thing they should screw up on is the lasagna. The only reason ricotta would taste like that is if it is expired. I looked for the Dept of Health's grading card and it is not displayed. For dessert I ordered the tartuffo. I tasted freezer burn as if the dish the cut open and returned to the freezer without being re-wrapped. OpenTable should have them removed that as a referral.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014I found the hostess and staff very nice and acommadating. I was just disappointed in the lasagna not being hot enough. I was in a hurry to see a jazz show so I didn't send it back to warm it up but I'm sure it would have tasted better had I done that.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Lasagna Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good Outdoor Lunch at a Good PriceMMDUNNVIPDined on 4/28/2014I work in midtown and most places are fairly overpriced for a sit down lunch in the area. This was great, $13.95~15.95 prefixed appitizer and entre. The food wasnt amazing but it was good enough. My favorite part was the outdoor seating. We were able to walk right up at noon and grab a table right in the sun. Usually in midtown you have to make a reservation or get there very early. This is a little walk from the center of things but well worth it if you have the time.Special Features:
- Lots of good food!ZephyrsHumanVIPDined on 4/4/2014Nice place with a family kind of feel to it. The food was good, but wow - way too much for one person to eat! We gave it a good try. Nice wine selection too. The prices were amenable and overall it was a nice experience. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagna HavenLuv2eatVIPDined on 3/11/2014Great place to eat .... Delicious and prices are quite good! Service is excellent grea italiAn resturant a must go!!Special Features:
- Perfect Hearty ItalianAcoustickittyDined on 3/1/2014I loved the staff at Lasagna. The food was great and the wine was good. For a neighborhood restaurant, it's A One!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta carbonaraOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014Love there pasta carbonara....it's amazing!!! Prices are fare and portions are pretty big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealLuv2eatVIPDined on 1/19/2014Had gluten free lasagna was very good!! Service was good too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a night after broadway showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014Not to far to walk and get away from busy mid-town. went to a broadway show, took a walk past Rock center to see tree, then headed east to 2nd ave. Excellent service, great lasagna our family of 5, tried 5 different ones, all were great.. Very nice decor. the NY cheese cake was a hit..... We will definitly go back.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FoodPerlVIPDined on 12/26/2013A great little neighborhood restaurant. The staff was very friendly for our large group, treated the children in our group wonderfully.Special Features:
- best lasagna in NYCWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 12/25/2013For a veggie lover like me, this is paradise; you can't beat their made to order lasgana. I wish I could give more details about the rest of the menu, but all I ever want to eat there is the garlic bread and pasta. A must go place.Special Features:
- Good not GreatLaurkellygVIPDined on 12/20/2013Very happy with the menu for food and wine. We arrives on time for our reservation but it was packed so we waited at the bar - good sign that it was a good restaurant. We ordered a glass of wine and were quickly seated a few minutes later. The staff was friendly but not overly attentive. We would have ordered a bottle of wine but no one ever asked us if we needed anything. While I might not go here again anytime soon, I would order from them for take out and it will be on my list again after we have tried some other new places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern Italian FoodnaparoseVIPDined on 12/16/2013Wonderful food and delicious lasagna. Wine list could be improved as there are not a lot of choices. Additionally, the corkage fee is $26 which is quite steep for a casual restaurant. The food more than made up for the wine list as their sauces, pasta, and everything else was great.Special Features:
- favorite neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Italian restaurant that also has steak. Plus - the price is right and the staff great. Amazing atmosphere. A jem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The name says it allJBOD1966Dined on 10/29/2013What can you expect from a place called Lasagna? Yup ... LASAGNA. They make all different kinds of lasagna. I had a crabmeat lasagna in a spicy fradiavolo sauce. It was fantastic! My wife had a grilled chicken lasagna. It wasn't as good as mine, but she enjoyed it. We both had Caesar salad. It was a bit on the small side, but VERY good. If lasagna is not your thing, they also have other dishes as well. We had a wonderful time and spent less that $60 for the two of us (glass of wine included!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Night in New YorkgamermomDined on 9/15/2013First trip, First night in New York City for my husband, and two adult (20's) kids. Found this on yelp with good reviews. Lasagna made to order. Generous portions (football player ate all his lasagna, but the rest of us had leftovers) Great Service. Yummy. Good ambiance. What more could you ask?Special Features:
- Lasagna RestauranttwoplusoneVIPDined on 9/8/2013What can you say about a restaurant that serves mostly lasagna? Nothing special. I would, however, recommend that they get rid of the double pasta leaves with no filling in between, they don't make me full faster they just make me feel like I am being ripped off... Other than that, it was ok.
- I love this place. That haveEggplantParmDined on 7/29/2013I love this place. That have amazing food, super nice staff and great wine. The inside dining room can be hot at timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013had dinner here ;ast week. I had the four cheese lasagna and my sister had the proscuitto lasagna. both were delicious! drinks were also very good. I had the mimosa martini and she had poomegrante. service was very good but that day we were sweating in there the ac in there was so weak they need to work on that so everyone is more comfortable. but def a great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Mid-town Eastmjmtx18VIPDined on 7/1/2013The food is very good and reasonably priced. The service is very attentive. We will visit on every trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013Not fancy, but still worth going to. It's a little neighborhood place, very comfortable and relaxing. Food ok. good enough that I'd go back.Special Features:
- Both my boyfriend and I orderedCaitDined on 4/18/2013Both my boyfriend and I ordered lasagna. His was sirloin which he really enjoyed. I ordered eggplant which was ok - there didn't seem to be as much eggplant as I would have expected. I also had enough left overs for a full meal the next day. We also ordered coquilles st jacques as an appetizer. It was decent - the scallops could have been cooked a little longer. The staff was friendly. The restaurant seemed a bit warm temperature wise. I thought it was ok overall but my boyfriend enjoyed it and loved the portion size.Special Features:
- We never miss having dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013We never miss having dinner at Lasagna's when we are in the City. It has the best selection of Lasagna of any Italian restaurant we have ever eaten at including Italy. Great neighborhood ambience and the owner is always on premise. Everyone we have recommended Lasagna's to has become a repeat customer!! Five Star across the board!'Special Features:
- Outstanding service. Lasagna,PattyBDined on 3/8/2013Outstanding service. Lasagna, chicken and seafood entrees were delicious. Will go again.Special Features:
- I enjoyed my dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013I enjoyed my dining experience here. The food was great and they serve large portions so we ended up taking a great deal of food home. The manager was nice and attended to our table himself as the 1 and only waiter there didnt seem to know much or be very helpful with anything. Of course the manager has other duties so you gotta give him a little slack for having us waiting a while for him to come around in order to ask for something additional we needed. Also, we dined for lunch so you gotta expect better service as far as more waitstaff in the evening right? I would hope so. However, thats not what I heard. You decide as the food is still well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Food was delicious and I always love having gluten free options!Special Features:
- Good for lunch. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013Good for lunch. Service was a bit slow - I also had the busboy break a wine glass right onto my lap as soon as I sat down. Food was great, I'd like to go back to try more of the lasagna options. Large portions!Special Features:
- A good place to go at theaginnycDined on 1/24/2013A good place to go at the last minute. Nice choice of specials on the menu.
- For a place called "Lasagna,"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2012For a place called "Lasagna," one assumes that you are going to experience a mind-blowing, life-altering, Lasagna that is fit for an Italian Princess; however, the "Lasagna" that I personally had, was small, underwhelming and didn't possess much flavor. I ordered the sirloin lasagna and while it was fair, it wasn't anything to write home about. What's of more concern is the lack of an area for Hostesses to occupy, thus, we were surrounded by chatty staff lingering by our entryway table. The staff also forgot we put in for an appetizer, but after receiving our entree and tasting it, we let it go and decided to get real food elsewhere. The staff were also more engaged in personal endeavors than an interest to ask if we needed anything...
- A gem in NYC. Great foodMikeDVIPDined on 11/14/2012A gem in NYC. Great food and service. Also very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012Delicious food and great for a big group because there was something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:
- This restaurant is one ofcitygirldcDined on 9/8/2012This restaurant is one of my favorite neighborhood gems in mid-town. My husband and I have been going there for years and have taken many friends with us and have never been disappointed. I orderered the veal lasagna which was outstanding, hot and cheesy and melted in your mouth. My vegetarian husband has ordered the mushroom and 4 cheese lasagna and couldn't find anything to complain about. It's just that good. As for dessert, we can always tell a good italian place if they have great tiramisu and once again it was great. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- The service was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2012The service was very nice. The maitre d' gave us a very warm welcome and accomodated our needs very well. Our server was also a very nice person. However, we were quite disappointed with the food itself. Considering that the name of the restaurant is lasagna restaurant, i expected the lasagna to be really good. There were layers of pasta without anything, no salt, not enough cheese. the menu said that the penne alla vodka was hot & spicy. it wasnt. it was tangy. although we did like the bruscetta. overall very disappointing food.
- A Pasta treatOrangeManDined on 7/7/2012Nice ambience, and pleasant wait-staff. The menu was ample, obviously heavy on lasagna choices. The food was excellent, and the lasagna was a treat. The only complaint-a very MINOR one, is the service was a little slow. However, the food and atmosphere made up for that. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and I plan on returning to try other items on the menu!Special Features:
- Lasagna PerfectoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2012Artisan lasagna was wonderful, with a great selection to choose from. Appetizers were very nice. My mussels were perfect - just the right amount of heat. Tiramisu was light and delicate. Price was excellent for such wonderful food. Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Midtown East GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/19/2012Lasagna's is a hidden gem in midtown-east. Very reasonable prices and fabulous food makes this one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Lasagna Restaurant-My Take-BMacDined on 3/17/2012I would definitely recommend this restaurant. The food good, service was good, the place was a little tight, not much elbow room here. You have to try the Irish Kiss cocktail. It was not loaded with liquor to make you past out but sweet and just a little liquor to keep a smile on your face.Special Features: