Lasagna Restaurant – Chelsea
196 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Lasagna Restaurant – Chelsea
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lasagnarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122424551x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm - CASH ONLY
Please note on Saturday and Sunday our kitchens close from
4:00PM - 5:00PM, we apologize for any inconvenience.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Please ask us about our catering menu, 201-835-4170 - Adam
A word from Lasagna Restaurant – Chelsea
Our first location opened in 1993. Soon after opening we earned a solid reputation for our great food and great service, always at a great price! Our homemade delicious food includes our specialty of 17 different lasagnas baked to order, veal, chicken, fish dishes and pastas of many nations.Continued
We also have a full service of wine, beer and liquor bar for our customers to enjoy.
We also have a full service of wine, beer and liquor bar for our customers to enjoy.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lasagna Restaurant – Chelsea reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (12)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)romantic (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- myaeDined on 10/15/2014Excellent vegetarian options, and very good service - this is definitely a great find! We didn't order any wine, but we did order an appetizer and tiramisu for dessert. The Tiramisu is a must-try in my book - rich and decadent but not overly sweet. The bread in the bruschetta was a little too hard, but otherwise that, too, was delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect for BrunchWhatDoIKnowVIPDined on 10/11/2014I went for brunch and the host was spectacular. He kept my drink full, and he was so attentive. This is definitely getting added to my brunch list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeashellDined on 10/10/2014Cesar salad was expensive and boring. My friend said the eggplant in her lasagna was burnt. I liked the meat lasagna.
- CrowdedPickydinerDined on 10/9/2014Restaurant had a casual, local vibe. Pasta dishes were made fresh. Food was good however tables too small, tabletops too crowded and too close together. Unable to hold open the extensive menu without intruding on our neighbours space. Wine list was very affordable. An inexpensive evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, solid dinnerSPBVSBDined on 10/5/2014Went here as a rwsult of Triple D show. Lasagna good - not exceptional.Special Features:
- Not impressedfoodie123Dined on 9/27/2014For brunch this place was very disappointing. I asked for different dressing and for the dressing to be on the side of my salad, neither of which were honored. The lettuce was drenched in a dijon when I asked for blue cheese on the side. I asked 2 servers to change it and no one helped. The "mimosas" were orange juice with a dash of champagne and almost impossible to drink or get your money's worth. The bloody marys were inedible, simply vodka tomato juice and horseradish. Despite the service and the drinks (which honestly is what people go to brunch for), the food was good. Overall I spent way too much money for a salad and a glass of orange juice. I would not recommend this place for brunch, probably better for lunch or dinner with wine.Special Features:
- Must try restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014The food is simply delicious!! My wife and I favorites are the chicken parm and Cobb salad. The service is A1 and the drinks are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014They are always reliable with good food nice service and good value.Special Features:
- Excellent, as always!DesignerDinerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Lasagna is one of my favorite spots to hang out with friends and enjoy great food, in a great place. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Food was the usual and good. Basically ignored by the waiters once orders were taken. Initillay a bit busy, maybe 3/4 full but nearly empty in 1/2 an hour. The most attentive and served everything was the busboy. Left a tip only for him
- OK for Boozy BrunchNatalieDined on 8/10/2014The Drinks for all you can drink were very mild, but if you ask the server was really nice to put more champane in the mimosas and bellinis. The food is ok, but the normal expectations of a place that does a boozy brunch.Special Features:
- Low maintenance boozy brunchomnomnomnomDined on 8/3/2014Made a reservation for 4 at 12:30PM on a Saturday thinking place would be packed and it was actually empty. We got a lot of attention from our fun, friendly waiter, and constant refills of their unlimited drinks and garlic bread. I started off with the Bloody Mary which packed a serious punch, then tapered off with the Bellini's, which were actually (for a bottomless deal) pretty good. The place started getting packed around 1:30, but our food still came out on time. I ordered the sausage fritata. It wasn't great, but it was solid brunch food. My friends ordered the Brunch Burger which they said was decent, and the French Toast with walnuts and fruit which was also just decent. All in all, great for low maintenance boozy brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneDined on 7/31/2014Restaurant was very disappointing. Waiter did not come to take our order for 15 minutes. He then disappeared for most of the night. The food was horrible and the appetizers never arrived. With all the great Italian food in North Boston, I was sorry I chose this restaurant based on reviews I read.
- A reasonable mealNYCBobVIPDined on 7/23/2014The name Lasagna says it all. It's a restaurant that serves lasagna! No surprise here. This Chelsea dining spot was crowded, busy and loud and the lasagna was good -- not great but ok to good. The staff is overly friendly and we went with the bartenders suggestions -- sirloin (far too much noodle and not enough sirloin) and 4 Cheese in a pink sauce (very good). The starter -- mozzarella with tomatoes was tasteless and had us pouring on the salt. The bottle of house red -- a Malbec -- was quite good. While the prices are quite reasonable, the portions are small and dinner begged for a slice of pizza upon leaving to fill us up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family restaurantlovetoeatVIPDined on 7/15/2014Family were visiting and remembered the nice meal they previously had here. Again, they were satisfied with the choice and quantity of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheoniaVIPDined on 7/3/2014who doesn't love lasagna and made to order only gets better. I had very yummy seafood lasagna.Special Features:
- DeliciousSaxxynycVIPDined on 6/28/2014Many lasagna and other choices. The food was delicious and it was great for a group or for a couple. There were all kinds of diners for pride weekend in Manhattan and nicely built waiters. People watching was fun.Special Features:
- New TraditionbottomlessbrunchingDined on 6/28/2014I've decided that dining out here the night before Pride is a new tradition. We sat outside watching all the characters go by and chatted with friends as they passed our table. Our waiter was sassy and fun and the food was delicious. Enjoyed the evening tremendously.Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Lasagna Restaurant – Chelsea reviews archive.
- LOVE LASAGNARGLASSVIPDined on 6/15/2014If you love lasagna this is the place to go. So many different choices. Food comes out quick, burning hot, tastes delicious. Great family place with very reasonable NYC pricesSpecial Features:
- Great FoodYesyliciousDined on 6/13/2014Food, service and drinks rocks! Everything was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We were a big crowd and the service and food were excellent. The staff was very accommodating because we got our table before everybody arrived.Special Features:
- Graduation Dinner Class 2014 FITfitstudentDined on 5/22/2014Your restaurant was selected by our graduate for our post celebration family dinner. It was everything we had hoped it would be. The volume was comfortable that our table of 8 could casually converse during the entire dinner. The food was amazing and suitable for our crowd which includes a vegetarian and gluten intolerant family members. Both of us were able to find suitable choices on the menu. The service was just right, always prompt and not too much hawking over table. We completely enjoyed our dining experience and she will certainly return with friends in the future. Thank you!Special Features:
- Awesome Lasagna!!kateyVIPDined on 5/9/2014The lasagna was absolutely delicious...and I am a lasagna snob;).Special Features:
- Good late night findHomecookDined on 5/8/2014We found this restaurant by accident. It was a good inexpensive late night place to go after a show at the Joyce Theater. We loved that they had a variety of vegetarian options and the food was good. It's really what it says it is. It's reasonably priced and the food wasn't overly complicated.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2014I was disappointed that they were out of gluten free lasagne when I was there but the gluten free pasta was great! As was the gluten free creme brûlée that I should have never indulged in but thoroughly enjoyed!Special Features:
- ExcellentJohnVIPDined on 5/5/2014Lunch was excellent and service was great. Outstanidng waiter.Special Features:
- Unlimited mimosa/bloody mary brunchsasiboy10011Dined on 5/4/2014We came here for the unlimited brunch and that's exactly what we received. The staff was on top of their game constantly refilling our glasses. I wish I could remember our waiters name because he was stellar. They don't rush you out like other restaurants tend to do. They were attentive and made brunch enjoyable. The food was good, could have been bigger portions but overall it was good. I highly recommend this place for brunch, especially if you are going with some friends to catch up. I had the sirloin lasagna which wasn't on the brunch menu but was able to be served anyway and it was delicious. My partner had an above average burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantlovetoeatVIPDined on 4/20/2014Pleasant neighborhood restaurant, one of a chain. Good, basic Italian food. Nice staff and good service.Special Features:
- Mixed emotionsmoahbVIPDined on 4/5/2014I have always enjoyed eating at Lasagna but this was a disappointing experience. We had a reservation for 8pm for a group of 10, though it turned out that we only had 8 people. We were told that it would be a few minutes till we were seated. Our entire party was present by 8:05pm. We were not seated till 8:45pm. Our waiter apologized for the wait, but that was it. Service was unusually slow, with drinks taking a strangely long amount of time though by that point the restaurant was not particularly busy. Our appetizers came quickly but one was not delivered. Lastly, our food took a long time to come. While the food was tasty, the overall service left a bad taste in our mouths. I won't bring a large group here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was going well untilPlumpingtonVIPDined on 4/5/2014Our meal was going well until the entrees were served.... The waiter forgot to place my wife's order.... Since the orders are made to order we decided instead of having her and everybody wait we shared our entrees with her!!! The waiter was tipped accordingly!!!
- LasagnakevinDined on 4/5/2014I came here with a group on I bought for my girlfriend and I. Nothing here will blow you away, but their service was really good. Their food was good nothing to lose sleep over but it was tasty. I had the ground sirloin lasagna, as I previously stated it was good. I will be giving it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy return customerrockstarreviewerDined on 3/22/2014this place has never let me down. i've taken friends and family here when they're visiting from out of town. I even had dinner here with my wife on our first date years ago. food is always cooked to perfection. yes, try the lasagna. but also don't be afraid to try their daily specials which are always unique. Service is fast and friendly (a good combination).Special Features:
- decent foodtad1232000VIPDined on 3/22/2014good in a pinch when you can find other places for large groups
- Good food and decent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/22/2014Good food and decent service. A little crowded but all in all a pretty good place. Nice portions of lasagna and many different unique kinds to select fromI would recommend this to a friend.
- march 22rt9127Dined on 3/22/2014after an afternoon at an expo at Javitz center, we went to Lasagna for an early dinner. 2 of us had the mixed seafood pasta entree, and our friend had a special of the day- shrimp/scallops pasta. we all had a house salad. the food was delicious, portion size was good. the staff was friendly and professional. Next time we'll try some of their famous lasagna entrees. Reasonable prices. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKWaterDined on 3/16/2014The food was just OK.. My husband had the lasagna which he said was not special. I asked for plain bread, which they brought out, but then removed the garlic bread that my husband was eating. I asked for parmesan cheese which was brought out in a shaker, rather than fresh. My soup was OK.
- I was taking a group of 10OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014I was taking a group of 10 for dinner after a meeting and was glad to find this very affordable restaurant with good hearty Italian food.Special Features:
- Love this place!TrinitysalonDined on 3/9/2014We booked this restaurant at the last minute. Lasagna had good reviews and was rated well, and could take us at our desired time. We we arrived we were seated and the nicest waitress came over to help us. We were treated very well and she was a lot of fun. She explained the menu and was very accomodating. The food was fantastic, we all got different things and did a little sharing, the portions are so large that we actually shared some meals. I highly recommend this restaurant, I will defenitly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date for twoSeleDined on 3/8/2014The experience was great. My date and I had a semi bad table at first but was moved without us requesting it. The tables are a bit close. The food is really good though. Just the right amount lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCourtCourtDined on 3/1/2014Our server was very accommodating and the ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.