14555 Grisby Road
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lasventanas.net/
- Phone: 2817526990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Champagne Brunch Buffet: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Las Ventanas
Las Ventana's Restaurant and Cantina's goal is to serve as a portal for Mexico's culinary world and demonstrate rightly why it is one of the world's greatest cuisines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Las Ventanas reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Gone downFoodieDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I have dined here several times and have even introduced friends to the restaurant. We went for dinner on Sat, Aug. 9. The restaurant was practically empty. I had received an e-mail advertising $3 margaritas, $4 nachos, and $12.99 fajitas for one. When we arrived (a party of 7), we bought margaritas. We've had their margaritas before, but at this discounted price, they tasted void of alcohol, just frozen juice. The nachos were misrepresented. The ad showed a large plate filled with loaded nachos. Turned out the plate was 4 SMALL nachos. That's $1/small nacho. When we showed the mgr the pic of nachos, he wasn't moved. We also had the fajitas which seemed to be a much smaller portion from when we've ordered before.Special Features:
- Food is okaySandyDined on 6/22/2014Have gone a few times on a Sunday evening for Dinner and though the food is okay the service has been awful. Every time I go, I keep telling myself I will not go back due to service. Maybe the service is better during the week?Special Features:
- Father's Day Brunch.....not good!AnaMaria17Dined on 6/15/2014I do not recommended this restaurant. Lacks of costumer service - not friendly or attentive staff. Food ok. We reserve for 5 and the not friendly hostess sat us in a 4 top table (plenty empty tables) Brunch set up was terrible - you had to walk through the hostess stand/entrance to get to the buffet. Awful idea. Don't waste your money here...there's no good customer service at all.
- Parent's dreamiDineDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant should be a parent's dream because there is a beautiful outdoor area that includes seating and places for the kids to play (a slide area and a grassy area to kick balls--both with plenty of room). It however, was a nightmare for me. The food prices are not appropriate for the atmosphere (Chucky Cheese-like). The food was just OK--neither bad or good. The service was borderline poor. If I didn't feel pity for our server I would have said poor--he had too many tables. The atmosphere should have been beautiful (and worth the $20+ per plate) but it wasn't. If you enjoy unattended children running around your tables, as well as the entire outdoor dining area, (rather than the lovely play area) then this is a place for you.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Las Ventanas reviews archive.
- Easter BrunchHbombDined on 4/20/2014we visited your restaurant for Easter brunch .... we were never told about the mimosas , so we missed on that . the buffet was not filled . there were many items missing . we had to keep flagging someone to refill our drinks ..... for a Brunch priced at $34.00 per person the food and service were not worth it !!!!!
- More than tex-mexOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Enjoyed their mojitoes and nice salads. Enchiladas had a lovely, smokey flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gathering of friendsmoscowmamaDined on 3/21/2014A group of friends met for lunch. It was a very nice setting in which to visit and reconnect. We would return there for another group lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A firstLaurieDined on 3/20/2014This was my first time to frequent Las Ventanas and I brought a group with me. We were all pleasantly surprised and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014This was our second time to Las Ventanas. My wife and I had a great first experience on the patio with our 3 kids so we thought we would try it again. We were not disappointed. The waiter recognized us from the last time we had been there and welcomed us back. He was very helpful and took care of all of our needs. We had the beef fajitas, and they were wonderful. In fact all of the food was amazing. Then as we were leaving, the valet saw that we were coming and was already getting our car as we walked out of the restaurant. We really enjoyed ourselves. It takes us about 40 minutes to get to Las Ventanas, but it is so worth it. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had to wait 20 min to order drinks. My wife had a piña colada that tasted awfull. Nothing authentic about it. It was plain TEX MEX food.Special Features:
- Not so happy.CricketDined on 2/14/2014Made reservations for Valentine's day - we were sat outside. Asked for inside and they said no. Not being dressed to sit outside, asked for a heater - and none of them were working. Our quite romantic dinner turned into a a chilly and uncomfortable evening. Good thing the food was good!..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Wife and I made Valentine's Day reservations and everything was fantastic. Seated on time. Fast friendly service. The special was terrific. We have been to Las Ventanas before but never for a holiday type meal. It was fabulous. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for an evening supperHungaryJackDined on 2/14/2014Service is good with friendly, courteous staff. Food arrives hot. Good for a nice evening supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions...DianneDined on 2/1/2014For a special get-together for two or a group, I've been pleased every time! Unusually different, great food. Pleasant, comfortable, yet elegant atmosphere with a casual touch. Our favorite, both for my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fun served here.number1foodloverVIPDined on 11/22/2013This place is a really well run restaurant with a staff that works hard to take care of you. The food is priced to enjoy and tastes fantastic. Located among a bunch of dining establishments, be sure to give Las Ventanas a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Ventanas Restaurant isJamesDined on 11/8/2013Las Ventanas Restaurant is a unique find in the crowded field of Mexican restaurants. It is located in that restaurant complex at Hwy 6 and Grisby Road, near Katy in west Houston, Las Ventanas has it's own ample parking lot. The interior of the place is spacious and tastefully laid-out. The day I choose to dine was on a perfect sunny November day, so being sat outside in the large patio was very agreeable. The restaurant has a lot of seafood options, so I choose Ceviche as a starter and Grilled Mahi Mahi as a main curse. The food was presented in a very attractive manner, almost too pretty to eat, and it was delicious. The service was great. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a new Mexican restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service very slow. AwaitingElmeromeroDined on 11/2/2013Service very slow. Awaiting 15 minutes after seating before server came. Drinks took too long to come from the bar.Special Features:
- Great food!THG1VIPDined on 10/4/2013We were pleasantly surprised at how good this place was. We had seen it several times but had never gone before. The valet was a little slow, as was the service. They didn't seem too busy but it took awhile for us to get our drinks and chips and salsa. That being said, once we did get served we really enjoyed it! The food was great and we'll definitely go back. We ate inside but they have an outdoor eating area that looked really nice.Special Features:
- Customer OrientedHungaryJackDined on 10/4/2013The food was very good and enjoyed by our family. The outdoor area was great fun for our grandson and the service overall was very good. Special requests we made were met with open arms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceRichDined on 8/16/2013Great dining experience. Great food, lovely views of the garden, good service.... will definitely make it a regular spot for dining out.Special Features:
- A lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013We always enjoy Las Ventanas. It is casual but classic. Brucnh is very good and bottomless mimosas... Can't beat that!Special Features:
- you can feel at home hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2013this restaurant has moved locations. many people apparently don't know it because it was not full. they offer great food at a great price with great service, what more can you wish?Special Features:
- This is just an average restautrantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013This is just an average restautrant but waaaaay too noisy. They have a live band with singer that is so loud you cannot carry on a conversation with people at your own table. In addition to the band, they have piped music playing on the patio which should be turned off. Very distracting to have two sets of music playing at the same time. They have very good margaritas, but the food is just fair and a tad pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- Always pleased. Staff great!DianneDined on 5/23/2013I was so impressed that the hostess called to let us know that a large party was still going on at the time of our reservation. She suggested an outside location or whatever else would accomodate us. She didn't have to do that and I was so very impressed and grateful. By the time we arrived, our table was ready and the large party had left, so all was well. But I've never had a restaurant care enough to call ahead. That was special and very much appreciated. Good food as always! Excellent service. A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in outdoor settingSteakloverfromKatyDined on 5/23/2013Took at group from the office. There was a party going on, so sat outside......NICE! Food was VERY good; service was a bit slow..... Would recommend, and will go again!Special Features:
- We booked a reservation sincebchristensonVIPDined on 5/16/2013We booked a reservation since we had 4 adults and 2 kids in our party and I specifically asked for an outdoor table so the kids could play on the playground. When we arrived, the main patio dining was occupied by a private party so they put us on a different patio off the bar. While it was fine (no playground but still outside), we had to go in and ask for service since it appeared no waiters were assigned that area. While our food was excellent, the service was very slow which with 2 kids was not pleasant.Special Features:
- BusySalesDined on 5/14/2013As my clients choice was to go to your restaurant, I personally would not re-visit. Too buys, noisy and not a good place to discuss anything of importance. Food was good, restaurant, clean, but service was slow. Actually we could not locate our server half the time, even when paying the tab, I flagged a different server. If my choice, I would not return.Special Features:
- We enjoyed itArielleDined on 5/12/2013We visited the restaurant for Mother's Day. As opposed to last year ( or two years ago), they seemed better organized for Mother's Day. This time we were not rushed and the waiters were attentive. Also, the hostesses this time around were nice. A couple of years ago, they had a pretty rude hostess. The food was great and they offered several options. We just wished they offered the regular menu items for lunch and not just the brunch buffet as the only option. Overall, good experience this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch BUT.......OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013The service is consistently terrible. We've been a number of times and we always have to run down our waitstaff. Even when it's not super busy. It's a great spot to have a good brunch with children, one of the rare ones that accomodate both, but the service seriously needs improvement.Special Features:
- Impolite ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2013I made a reservation for lunch at 12:30 pm and when we arrived to the restaurant we found out it opens until 2 pm even though in open table the 12:30 pm was available. The waiter took us to the table and after checking the menus the manager came to our table and in such a rude manner told us to leave.
- Outstanding!onevoiceVIPDined on 4/16/2013Las Ventanas is one of my favorite places to dine for great food, lovely ambience and attentive service. . oh, and fantastic margaritas!! This visit was for a birthday celebration for two friends, and they could not have been more accommodating, helpful and friendly. I am so excited to have introduced them to Las Ventanas ~ I thank them so much for making our party so special!Special Features:
- The restaurant bar area wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2013The restaurant bar area was pretty loud but the seating area was fine. There are many, many Mexican Restaurants in Houston. If you want to be memorable, it has to be really, really good food. Food was just o.k. Don't think I would host a business dinner there again.
- Their outdoor area is beautiful,Nyc16Dined on 3/15/2013Their outdoor area is beautiful, super kid friendly- bounce house on Friday night, however food was not so great- reheated fajitas, slow service on drinks( food came out before our water!), all food was not tasty. Nice waiter but very slow service. Not good margaritas. Would not recommend. This is our second time there with same comments both visits. Too bad because its a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Bold Flavors & Fresh IngredientsAlainHarveyDined on 2/24/2013Las Ventanas restaurant and cantina's serves as a portal for Mexico's culinary world and demonstrates rightly why it is one of the world's great cuisines. The proprietor, Alejandro Sneider, family has been serving authentic Mexican food in Houston for more than 35 years. Las Ventanas’ interior radiates sun-baked colors, the ambience is cozy and friendly, and the decor reflects Mexico’s colorful and vibrant culture. The tree- covered and gorgeously landscape patio is the perfect place to unwind. Executive chef Jose Hernandez creates the bold flavors using fresh ingredients that distinguish Mexican cuisine.Special Features:
- waitstaff is always pleasanttommi115VIPDined on 2/21/2013waitstaff is always pleasant and helpful and courteous. fod is very good and good choiceSpecial Features:
- Good Afternoon lunch.mrmikeDined on 2/15/2013Good food. Easy parking. Seemed to be short staffed for a Fri. lunch crowd.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Special wasHungaryJackDined on 2/14/2013Valentine's Day Special was tasteful. Dessert, chocolate tres leche, was good. Service was good but appear to be short staffed.Special Features:
- Great Place for a MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2013My Book Club has held two meetings/birthday dinners at Las Ventanas, and we enjoyed both of the evenings. Our server, Brenda, the last time was friendly and helpful. My husband and I have dinner there about every five weeks, and I really like the fish tacos and the margaritas. I would definitely recommend Las Ventanas to my friends.Special Features:
- Visited on a Sunday for theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/3/2013Visited on a Sunday for the buffet. Found food to be cold even though there were still 3 hours left for the buffet. Not every item was identified so I was unsure at times what was being offered. There was a good variety; however, for the price, I was dissappointed.Special Features:
- It was lovely but there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012It was lovely but there was no live music as advertised!!!