710 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lastapas.us/
- Phone: 703-836-4000
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm; Dinner only: Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Santos Reyes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet/meeting room is available for custom-catered events from 20-100 guests. Please view our website for menu options at www.lastapas.us
Also the Lounge upstairs area is available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Dawn Braga 703-836-4000
- Entertainment: Dinner Flamenco dance performances - Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at 7:45; Thursday evenings - 1st show at 7:45pm, 2nd show at 8:45pm. Reservations are suggested.
In our Lounge, we have Spanish guitar bands (gypsy kings style music) Friday and Saturday Night from 10:00pm - 1:00am
A word from Las Tapas
Las Tapas Restaurant offers the largest selection of authentic Spanish Tapas--featuring over 62 appetizer varieties of lean grilled meats, fresh seafood and vegetables scented with extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs and garlic. Savor our Manchego cheese, Serrano ham, or the signature plate of the house, the famous Paella Valenciana or Paella Marinera and our acclaimed Sangria! Sample the traditional wines and sherries from the largest selection in the Metropolitan Area or reserve a private dining room for a Tapas party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Las Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
- awfulJenniferDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant closed for renovations without notifying me. I had to move 17 people to an emergency reservation elsewhere.
- ClosedFrankVIPDined on 3/7/2014This restaurant is closed for restoration. I was surprise when I read the sign at the main entrance. I expected this web site was up to date with any information about it. I hope to enjoy this restaurant after restoration completed.
- Fun food to shareTataDined on 1/25/2014Tapas brings a long list of choices to pick from and allows for everyone to share. Service is very good and friendly, you feel like it is personalized and they care. It is fun food to share with friends. Simply a great place to enjoy food, sangria and friendly conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration at Las TapasgoodeatsDined on 1/25/2014I chose Las Tapas for my birthday celebration as we had not been there for many years. Meeting dear family friends there and sharing many dishes was so fun and so delicious! The tapas span a great variety and they were all delicious! Particularly outstanding were the beef empanadas, the collettes, the fried potatoes (#18), the Spanish meatballs and the shrimp with garlic. The service was excellent, with attentive staff who welcomed us and let us have a leisurely paced dinner. So welcome! A tip: if you make the reservation for 6 p.m. on Saturday night, it is early and so they are not so busy or rushed. Also easy to find parking at that time! We will return for another feast, soon, I hope!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hooka masquerades as Spanish fareTrevorVIPDined on 1/18/2014In the drafty dining parlor, the scents of hooka smoke drift by while an aged gas fire teases behind thick glass doors which hold back any heat. Our table, placed near the massive brickwork, barely took any comfort when blasts of cold wafted by from the main door at the front of the restaurant. The waitstaff appeared to have better things to do than to serve our table. When the food arrived, the mashed potatoes tasted powdery while the steak was almost rubbery. The 'paella' was all but a farce. Fortunately, our company did not seem to notice the miscues. The conversation easily flowed. It was later that we realized our tastes are more discerning than most. In all, it was a good night, despite the noted discrepancies.
- Great Tapas findSmartdinerDined on 12/31/2013Good food. The shrimp is a gem, and their foods are well prepared and paired with good drink selections. Definitely a good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smokers ruined good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/5/2013Las Tapas has really solid food and the service was great, but the whole experience was just awful because of the smoke coming from the bar. Although supposedly "separate" the smoke smell from the bar wafts into the dining room and permeates the whole building. I'll never go back.
- Not recommendedAnonymousDined on 11/29/2013This place reminded me of something you would see in kitchen nightmares. Some of the meat we got was grey around the edges. The rest of the food was mediocre at best, but again with grey meat, I would be scared to see the preparation. With so few people in the restaurant, the atmosphere wasn't great either.
- Menu Changed ...DAVEDined on 11/16/2013Overall good dining experience. Always good service, great atmosphere. Lots of menu changes and not all were familiar. Some of our favorites are no longer available. Will continue to patronize, just not get attached to any one menu item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love our Spanish RestaurantBobKDined on 10/26/2013very nice to have an authentic Spanish restaurant in Old Town with great fish, good vegetarian options, lovely Spanish wine and super attentive service. Some nights have top notch Spanish dance and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Spot for Double DatePearlDined on 10/12/2013We had a great time at Las Tapas for a dinner out with close friends. It was fun to choose and share tapas plates from the extensive menu, and the noise level was not high, allowing us to enjoy our conversations. The waitress was very attentive, helpful and non-intrusive. Food was delicious, and atmosphere was pleasant. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013The small plates are relatively expensive and not very interesting. There are much better options out there for tapas.
- The food was just ok. AndFoodieDined on 8/28/2013The food was just ok. And the White Sangria had way too much brandy in it. However, the entertainment was awesome.
- Classic tapas, service needs workKlKooyDined on 8/23/2013I really like the atmosphere in this place - feels like an unpretentious tapas restaurant in Spain, and the food is pretty classic. The service was terrible, however. The wrong food was delivered three times. We were constantly waiting for water refills and opportunities to order. I asked two people about a corkage fee and neither knew the answer; the latter said she would check with the manager and she never got back to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this oneHelmersDined on 8/20/2013Excellent food and wonderful music- a great end of day for a trip to AlexandriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and too slow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2013We made the mistake of going out to dinner during the flamenco shows on Thursday night. The dancing was great, as was the music, but it was so loud that it made it impossible to talk. We managed to frantically order food during a break in the songs, but were not happy with our complete and total inability to have a conversation for much of our meal. I know this is a tapas restaurant and was fine with the size of our tapas. However, we ordered a paella, which, judging by what they charged, we assumed would be a typical paella size. Instead we were treated to a paella slightly larger than a side salad. We would have ordered more food had our waiter not abandoned us. It took us an HOUR to leave, both hungry and grouchy, with ringing ears.
- Terrible!MeneDined on 8/2/2013None of the tapas we ordered were either authentically prepared or cooked the right way. We had to send back two seafood dishes that were so rubbery we couldn't cut them with the knife! The waitress's attitude was more like doing us a favor than attending our requests. A shame...I am surprised it is still open for business! Never will go back.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013We went to Las Tapas for my birthday. The hostes was very kind and gave us a nice table in front of the window. We tried the sangria and it was really good. The tortilla and croquetas were not my favorites (I prefer the ones in La Tasca) and we ordered a paella for two and we were really disappointed. First of all, the size, It was a small pot! it remembered me the ones the restaurants used to serve escargots! And then the flavor! It was like rice with chicken and some "mariscos". Really, I don't recommend it! For dessert, we tried the "crema catalana" and "profiteroles" and they were really good. The service was also good, but a little bit annoying for us (the guy came to our table tons of times...)
- A Taste of AndaluciaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2013Tapas is a nice Spanish restaurant with a Flamenco show several night a week. The tapas are like what you would find in Spain. the decor is nice.Special Features:
- small plate sharingdinewithfriendsDined on 5/4/2013My husband and I dined with another couple and we shared tapas and Sangria. It was a lot of fun and the food was well prepared and tasty. We thought the portions were small, even for tapas. I'm comparing it to other Spanish restaurants we have visited. Also I wish they had entertainment earlier than 9:00 pm on Saturday night. We prefer to eat earlier and would have enjoyed the flemenco dancing during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left before orderingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2013We saw some good reviews so we thought we would try this restaurant out. Not knowing there were two entrances, we walked into the bar area and were overpowered by the smoke smell. We were led into the dining room, but it still smelled incredibly smokey. By the way, this was a Friday afternoon, so NO one was in the dining room. We sat down and just felt very underwhelmed by the atmosphere. The paint on the chairs was chipped and scratched, and we just got a sense that this place didn't care much, so we decided to leave. I have no idea how the food was. If they didn't care how the place looked, felt, and smelled, then how would they treat the food? (Survey required a rating for food and service, so I put one star, but really have no idea.)
- 2nd time not always a charmShannonVIPDined on 3/23/2013This is the second time we have paid a visit to Las Tapas. With the positive reviews that we read we thought we would give it another try. Our Paella came out and the shell fish served on top was ice cold and when we brought this to the attention of our server he proceeded to tell us how the shell fish was put on after and the rest of the food should be warm. I then kindly asked him if he could heat it up and he clearly bothered by this request. When it did finally come out the rice was gummy and over cooked. The Sangria that we order was fine. A little over sweetened for my liking but fine. We tried to order a second pitcher from 3 different people and it never came. So we decided to pay our check and find another lounge down the street.
- Go with a group so the TapasJoelVIPDined on 3/22/2013Go with a group so the Tapas items acn be shared. The more dishes ordered in a group the more of the marvalou flavors can be enjoyed. Go again and again.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013One of the best live flamenco shows in the area and great food and service.Special Features:
- ok food, nothing special,RClangDined on 2/14/2013ok food, nothing special, don't go if you are a vegan.Special Features:
- Service was very poor, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Service was very poor, the food and presentation was lacking in every department. We ordered 4 dishes and it took 2 1/2 hours. Never again.
- We were a group of 5 and eachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We were a group of 5 and each of us ordered two-three small plates to share - and there were still plenty we didn't get to try. All were flavorfull and each of us had a prefered we would re-order. Fun for a group of friends or family.Special Features:
- Disappointed in their menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Disappointed in their menu. When I made reservations I was under the impression we were able to order off their regular menu but when we sat down they had a pre-fixed menu. Waiter took forever to come back around for our drinks and food.
- yummy spanish tapasfyrcrkrDined on 12/15/2012Enormous menu with lots of options for veggie and meat lovers alike! Great atmosphere in the heart of old town! Great service.Special Features:
- Great place shoots itself againjosekiDined on 12/15/2012As usual, the food at Las Tapas is wonderful and the ambiance is special. But this time, their website said that the live Spanish guitar music would begin at 9 pm, but didn't begin until 10 pm, which was unfortunate because we made reservations for 8 pm, and planned to leave by 10:30. So we ended up leaving when our meal ended at 9, but quite disappointed. This is the 2nd time in a row that this has happened, and we complained to the manager about it. He blamed it on a change in ownership. All I can say is that it will be quite a while before we try this restaurant again, and if this were to happen a 3rd time, we'd never come back. This has been my favorite restaurant, and I'm very sorry to see it shoot itself in the foot like this.Special Features:
- Wine list deficienciesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/8/2012The food was great, but the only problem was the wine list. We choose three times from a wine list that needed desperately to be replenish. The waiter keep trying to sell us the most expensive wine bottle. They really need to update their wine list.Special Features:
- We were here for approximatelyshellyjeanneDined on 12/2/2012We were here for approximately 15 minutes without getting service.
- Deserves a tryviohowDined on 12/1/2012Food was good and very palatable. Service was good but sporadic.Special Features:
- GREAT for Spanish Food and FLAMENCOOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2012Las Tapas is one of my MUST DO places whenever I am in the Washington DC/Alexandria area. On every visit the staff has been attentive, the food very good and the entertainment ALWAYS exciting. I enjoy the Marinara Seafood Paella, with Sangria, of course! If one is a fan of live entertainment such as dancing, guitar or singing then an evening at Las Tapas with the live Flamenco entertainment is sure to please.Special Features:
- Flamenco show was enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2012Flamenco show was enjoyable. Paella was very good. Other tapas so-so.
- The food was good, but thefoodieDined on 7/28/2012The food was good, but the tapas were served with 3 servings. We had a party of 4. It would be nice if they could have added one extra serving for our 4th person. We would have happily paid the extra cost. The portions were very small compared to other tapas restaurants I have been to. The desserts we had were not very good and I wouldn't recommend ordering them. The prices were reasonable so we were able to order a variety of tapas. More veggie tapas would be great.Special Features:
- Ole! Great Food! Lovely Restaurant!ckinnovaDined on 7/28/2012I went to Las Tapas with a monthly dinner group that I coordinate. There were 8 of us and, to a person, we really enjoyed our meals! Great restaurant! We'll come back again and let our friends know about it, too!Special Features:
- Horrible, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2012I was beyond disappointed with my experience here and will not be returning. Our reservation yielded us a table that was front and center in the restaurant, though there were several other cozier and preferred tables in the restaurant. Our waitress seemed knowledgeable at first, but ended up being COMPLETELY unattentive to us. Our tapas order did not appear, and when the waitress walked by 45 minutes later she realized they were delivered to the wrong table. So, even though they quickly remade our order, we were still charged for everything we ordered and did not receive any compensation on our check. The manager never appeared to apologize! We will not be going back ANYTIME soon, as others have apparently had the same experience.
- The sangria was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012The sangria was excellent but the cost was on the high side...Special Features:
- Brought colleagues from workOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2012Brought colleagues from work for lunch. The restaurant didn't open until noon so I was a bit nervous that it would be pretty crowded. We were the only customers until about 12:30. Which was great. Obviously, the wait staff was attentive but didn't hover. This allowed us to be comfortable and relaxed. The food was outstanding. We tried a number of dishes. A few that stood out..Foremost was the ceviche' you have to try this. Excellent. Shrimp in Garlic and empenadas were fantastic. I'm bringing my family here soon.Special Features: